InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Only Love Can Save Thy Soul ❯ Kikyo's Warning ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

I hope you enjoy this fan fiction and please review. I can always bring her family back sometime if you thought it was to sad, but I don't plan on doing it unless I get reviews about it.
 
 
Chapter 3: Kikyo's warning
 
ON THE LAST CHAPTER I SAID NIGHT HAD FALLEN, WELL I MESSED UP AND PUT THAT IN THEIR, IT WAS STILL ONLY MORNING!
“What?” Kagome questioned. Inuyasha didn't answer he only looked ahead. Kagome followed his glance and gasped as she saw Kikyo coming from the forest.
 
 
“Inuyasha, I see you have fared well.” Kikyo stated. Inuyasha didn't speak he only waited. “I haven't come to bring you to hell this time. Soon though Inuyasha you will be mine in hell, frozen in time. Now that Naraku is defeated, soon the jewel shall be as well. I can't pass on until the jewel is once more complete and safe. I have come as a warning. There is a new demon around these lands, though he isn't powerful like Naraku, he isn't powerful at all. Although he isn't a week demon like the kind you slay everyday. He hurts people's hearts and no one knows what his true intentions are.” Kikyo spoke.
 
 
“What do you mean `hurts their hearts'?” Kagome asked.
 
 
“He will kill the one you most love in order to have you suffer, he would torture the one you care about most.” Kikyo said coldly. Kagome gasped at the thought of losing Inuyasha to this demon.
 
 
“Where can I find him?” asked Inuyasha.
 
 
“I am not sure. Don't seek him out, because since you have most of the jewel he will surely come to you seeking more power. If you seek him out you would enter his territory, which would be his most strengthened spot, so not be foolish enough to do something like that, Inuyasha.” Kikyo's tone stayed mono as always and her stare was cold. Inuyasha examined the stare that was there and shuddered at the coldness that it let off. Though, the look in her eyes, deep in her eyes showed her true self... she truly wasn't warm, like Kagome, she was someone who never let her guard down, not when in battle, not when it came to her heart. This was her weakness, although some may have seen it as a strength, because she didn't have to worry about love, but in truth the barrier would lead to a lonely demise for her. Inuyasha knew all of this about Kikyo and he had given up on thinking he loved her long ago. He only pitied her back then, 52 years in the past. She had a life where she had to protect the jewel and train, a lonely life, like Inuyasha. Inuyasha had pitied that and thought the feeling of pity was love, because he had never pitied anyone before. Inuyasha now knew the whole truth about that and Kikyo must have known long ago, but she still wanted him to go to hell with her.
 
 
“What else do you know about this demon?” asked Inuyasha. Kikyo turned to the woods.
 
 
“I have told you what I have heard. People in neighboring villages have come across this beast, some have felt his wrath. Ask them if you wish to learn more, but as I said earlier don't seek the demon, which seeks you.” Kikyo walked away with that. Inuyasha and Kagome looked after her.
 
 
“Well we should head back.” Kagome said as though nothing had ever happened and began to walk away from Inuyasha. He didn't follow she turned back to him. “Are you coming?” She asked. Inuyasha huffed and crossed his arms as he followed behind Kagome. 'Looks like he's back to his old self.' Kagome thought.
 
 
Soon the two came into the village clearing and went straight to Kaede's. She was there with her door off, so she could let the light come into the hut as she made lunch. She looked up as Kagome and Inuyasha entered. Kagome's eyes were a little red from her crying earlier and in Kagome's smile Kaede saw some depression. It had been there for a month, but Kaede knew it was better to leave Kagome be.
 
 
“Where have ye two been?” Kaede asked.
 
 
“We... went for a walk.” Kagome said. “Are Sango and Miroku anywhere around here?”
 
 
“No, they are all out building a home on the outskirts of the village. Shippo and Kirara offered their assistance. Though, they should be coming back sometime soon, because it is almost time for lunch.” Kaede stated. Inuyasha looked at the rabbit stew longingly. He missed ramen. He missed the times when they traveled only a little over a month ago and Kagome would make the most delicious stews. He would usually not admit how much he loved her cooking, but he truly loved it. “Why are ye two back so soon? We ye not going out in search of the shards?”
 
 
“We changed our minds.” Inuyasha said plainly. “I don't think we should go so soon, we all need a rest to take in everything about... Naraku and all.” Inuyasha said. Kagome knew Inuyasha was saying that for her, he would love to go out and search for the jewel as soon as possible, but he was taking Kagome's feelings into consideration and allowing her soul to rest. Kagome acknowledged all of this.
 
 
“No.” Kagome said. Causing Inuyasha and Kaede to look at her. “I mean we have had enough rest. I'll... go back to my time and get supplies.” Kagome felt tears welling in her eyes, knowing soon she'd have to go back and face the hard truth. She held all her tears in so she didn't let them feel depressed because of her. She only wanted them to be happy. “Inuyasha, we can leave in.. two days if you like? I think some travel would be good for the two of us.” Inuyasha looked at her with a depressed worried, surprised look. He was no idiot and knew Kagome wanted to cry, he knew that just as he was trying to help her, that now she was trying to help him, of course he couldn't argue now. Inuyasha walked over to Kagome and turned her towards the door. He placed one hand on her back and pushed began to walk out the door, with Kagome being pushed to follow him with his hand on her back. He walked away from Kaede's eye and ear shot. He pulled his hands from Kagome's back and looked at her.
 
 
“Kagome we're leaving tomorrow morning.”
 
 
“But..”
 
 
“No... not for the jewel. We have to go to see Totosai.”
 
 
“Totosai? But.. why?”
 
 
“That demon Kikyo mentioned... Totosai should no something and if he doesn't that damn flee will. He's there for sure.”
 
 
“Um..” Kagome didn't know what to say. She had no idea what made him bring this up now, they were talking about the jewel a second ago and now they were talking about Totosai? “Do you think the demon is that dangerous?” Kagome asked. That was all she had to say. She only than realized Inuyasha was only trying to change the subject about the jewel. “Well, if you want to go, than I can go and get supplies from my time in a little bit, alright.”
 
 
“No, we don't need supplies. It will be a short enough trip. It will only take a day to get there and I'm sure hunting at this time of the month wont be a problem. All we need are some of those m.. maaatches.” Inuyasha had a hard time trying to pronounce the modern day word.
 
 
“You mean matches?” Kagome asked. Inuyasha nodded. “For fire and I need to bring my sleeping bag if we'll stop in the night.”
 
 
“Alright, but nothing else I don't need to carry you and a bunch of junk on my back.” Inuyasha bit out a little more harshly than intended. Kagome ignored his rudeness because he was only trying to be big. She waved her hand as she walked away.
 
 
“Okay, than we'll leave tonight, but lets get some lunch, I know your hungry.” Kagome said with a slight smile. Inuyasha huffed in reply and walked right past her. Kagome followed behind and back to Kaede's. Before they could get into Kaede's Kagome was nearly knocked over, but Inuyasha stopped her fall as Shippo leapt into her arms.
 
 
“Kagome, I've been working all morning on Miroku and Sango's new house. They said that me and Kirara can have a room to share! Won't that be great!?” Shippo said excitedly. He was covered in dirt. Inuyasha growled at Shippo for nearly knocking Kagome, but caught himself and stopped before they heard.
 
 
“Shippo that's wonderful!” Kagome ruffled Shippo's hair, but she couldn't find it in her heart to giggle. She was still caught in her thoughts about her family and her aura showed some of her sadness.
 
 
Miroku and Sango walked towards Inuyasha, Kagome, and Shippo with Kirara at Sango's heals. Miroku frowned when Kagome was in view, he could slightly see the sadness in Kagome's aura that had been there for a month now, and he didn't know how he would ask her what was wrong, for fear it would hurt her more. Her aura had slightly calmed. Miroku didn't need to think twice to know Inuyasha must have somehow comforted her somehow, but only a little bit. It seemed as though Inuyasha was the only one who could ever calm Kagome deep in side and her him. Sango didn't see Kagome's sadness, but she could surely sense it and even if Kagome hid it in her face, she couldn't hide it in her heart.
 
 
“Miroku.” Sango said sadly. Miroku knew what she was thinking, exactly what he was. He placed his arm around her shoulder.
 
 
“I'm sure she will be fine soon enough. Inuyasha will find a way to help her.” Miroku said as they approached their friends. Kagome looked at them.
 
 
“I think lunch is ready... how was your morning?” Kagome asked with a smile. Miroku and Sango smiled back, but their smiles were a little saddened. Kagome could tell. “What's wrong?” Kagome asked turning her smile to a frown.
 
 
“Hey Kagome, would you like to come to the hot springs with me after lunch? I afraid all that work got me a little messy.” Sango replied ignoring Kagome's question.
 
 
“Ah... sure thing Sango.” Kagome said, knowing she would have to hurry at the hot springs, because Inuyasha probably wanted to leave right after lunch.
 
 
“She can't.” Everyone turned to look at Inuyasha. He had his normal stubborn face on. “We have to leave right after lunch, we got somewhere to be.” Now everyone, besides Kagome looked confused.
 
 
“Where are you going?” Sango asked. “To look for the sacred jewel?”
 
 
“No, I have to see Totosai about something and we have to leave before night fall.” Inuyasha explained. Miroku was the next to speak.
 
 
“Is there something wrong with the Tetsusaiga?” He asked.
 
 
“No, there's a new demon and I got to find out what the old geezer knows about it.”
 
 
“But why do you have to leave before night fall?” Shippo asked.
 
 
“Because I don't feel like waiting until the morning.” Inuyasha replied angrily.
 
 
“But what about supplies?” Shippo asked. He never knew when to keep his mouth shut and he didn't stop there. “Do you think your mom got me more chocolate? She's sounds so nice. I wish I could meet her. Can you tell me more stories about your family?” Shippo asked excitedly. Kagome's expression quickly changed to a frown as memories of her family flashed through her mind. Inuyasha looked at her sympathetically and frowning as he felt sorry for her.
 
 
Sango and Miroku noticed Kagome's change of expression and than Inuyasha's sympathetic look. The two came to a conclusion that Kagome must have told him and that it had something to do with her family, since she frowned when they were mentioned.
 
 
“Ah... Shippo, I'm not feeling so well. I'll tell you another time, alright?” Kagome patted him on the head. “Now lets get lunch.” She got up and walked in followed by the others."
 
 
I hope you all liked it!