InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Only Second Best ❯ Slowly Breaking Down ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

WRITER'S BLOCK AAAAAAAAH
I don't own Inuyasha. I wish I did.
It's come down to this. I'm freaking begging people to review. unistar you are amazing but it would be nice to have more than 1 reviewer. It says I've gotten 207 visits. 1/207 people… I'm begging you waaaaaaaaaaaaah
 
 
 
 
 
 
Stupid Inuyasha thought Kagome, as she stared blankly at the blackboard. She had gone back to her time for a bit, this time to restock on food and medical supplies, since the last time she was here she hadn't had time to get anything. She had just wanted to take a day off from the Feudal Era, sleep in a bed, take a bubble bath, eat something besides ramen. But then Eri called and said they had a test the next day… So here she was, in school, a period after the test, starting blankly at the history blackboard.
I wonder how he's doing… she thought to her self. No! I won't think about him! Not at all! Not one little tiny bit! Not even a particle! She told herself, then realized that she was thinking of him again. She sighed. Maybe there was no way around it. She stared down at the notebook on her desk, then crumpled the first page when she realized she'd drawn a pair of dog ears on it.
He's an idiot she said to herself firmly. A stupid, two faced, lying, back stabbing, cheating, idiot. Who you are in love with whispered the mean little voice. ARGH! Ever since that night when she woke from her nightmare, this little voice hadn't left her alone! It wouldn't let her eat, sleep, or even think without reminding her of Inuyasha!
“Shut up!” She said loudly, then covered her mouth when she realized she had spoken aloud. The history teacher stopped his rambling for a moment, and blinked his large, owlish eyes.
“Kagome Higurashi, principals office!” he barked, waving a pink slip at her.
Crap! See, Inuyasha? That's what happens when I think of you! This is totally your fault! She mentally hissed, irrationally blaming him. To her shocked, she felt tears running down her face. Shit.
“I, uh, don't feel good.” She sniffled, confused as to why she was crying.
“I think her bipolar disorder returned…” One of her friends whispered.
“Um, no principal's office is necessary, no need really, just um, nurse's office, yes, yes, nurse's office, hm” The teacher stammered.
“…Ok” she sniffled, bewildered by the tears on her face. Damn you, Inuyasha! I'm not crying because of you! I'm not! Right.
 
Back at home, having left school early, she hurriedly threw the things she needed into a pack. Maybe she wasn't totally emotionally stable yet, but sitting around moping wouldn't do her any good. She scribbled a quick note to her mother, then hopped down the well. The familiar feeling of rushing back through the centuries surrounded her.
WHUMP she landed on the ancient well's floor with a bump, bruising her backside.
“Ow...” She groaned, rubbing the afflicted area. Sighing, she threw the overstuffed yellow backpack over the well's rim, then clambered up herself. And was nearly run over by a soul collector.
Just what I need. Kikyo. More of Inuyasha staring blankly into the fire as he remembers her. More of his random irritability. I didn't kill her! He doesn't have to get angry with me! Then why are you? Angry with yourself, I mean? Don't deny it. You hate yourself. Deep down, you utterly loathe yourself. Because you know you aren't good enough for him…SHUT UP! SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP! Kagome found she was crying again.
“WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT ME TO DO? WHY ME?” she screamed at the sky. She collapsed in a heap at the foot of the well. Abruptly all her energy was gone. She felt like a snuffed out candle. She didn't feel sad, or angry, just tired. Simple fatigue overwhelmed her, and she drifted off into a world of nightmares.