InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Only Second Best ❯ Blessed Oblivion ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ok sorry for not posting a chapter yesterday I was at a sleepover, and to make up for it I'll post 2 chapters today.
unistar: thank you for your continued support
 
 
 
 
 
Kagome stared blankly at the stars. It was the middle of the night, and she couldn't sleep. Hadn't been able to sleep for about a week now, actually. She just stared at the stars. The same old stars. What was the big deal over stars, anyway? They were so… boring. Like you.She didn't even try for a retort. Every night this voice kept her awake, telling her repeatedly how worthless she was, how unnecessary, hated, and pitied. Is it any wonder Inuyasha loves Kikyo more? You would too, if you were in his shoes. She and him were meant to be. They are like two sides of the same coin. While you… you don't belong here. You are out of sync with the rest of this world. Kagome stifled a masochistic giggle. She looked at her sleeping bag, her lantern, her painted nails. It was so ironic, the things she brought to make her life easier made it harder. She choked on another giggle. Only crazy people laugh at nothing. She knew. And maybe she was crazy. This late at night, the only one awake, sleep deprived, who wouldn't be? She was going, going, and soon she'd be gone. Far away from the boy she loved. So, crazy or not, why not enjoy the time she had with him? Even if he loved another, she could pretend. Just for tonight, while he was asleep, she could pretend he loved her the most. She could pretend, just tonight, that she wasn't second best.
 
“Kagome… Kagome… hello? Kagome?” Sango waved her hand in front of Kagome's face, and Kagome started.
“Sorry, didn't see you there Sango.” She smiled; an overly large smile that revealed her pain instead of sheltered it.
“Yeah…” Sango stared at her friend in concern. For the past month, Kagome just hadn't been herself. Loss of appetite, crying randomly, staring off into space, muttering under her breathe, seeing things that no one else could. Sango was worried. Extremely worried, in fact. “We are going to start moving again.” She said carefully, trying not to show her anxiety over her friend.
“Mh-hm” Kagome nodded, looking at a leaf near Sango's shoulder instead of Sango. Sango walked off to tell the others, glancing over her should at Kagome. She was still staring at the leaf.
 
An half hour later, they were moving.
“Kagome, I'm hungry.”
“You just ate an hour ago.'
“But I'm hungry again.”
“So go find food!”
“But you have so much in your pack; why not just give me some?”
“Because the food in my pack is for campi-“ She stopped suddenly, her already pale skin going an even unhealthier shade of white.
“Kagome? What is it?”
She didn't respond.
“Kagome? Can you hear me?” Miroku called. She shuddered, then fell to her knees.
“Kagome! Kagome!” The voices of her friends grew fainter. She drifted away from them, away from her pain, and into blessed dark oblivion.