InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Only Second Best ❯ Only You ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sorry it is kinda short, I know it is a bit of a cliffhanger, I'm updating tomorrow, or maybe tonight.
unistar: thank again for reviewing! I tried to have Inuyasha a little more concerned in this.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kagome lay in the bottom of the old well, clinging desperately to the last few stitches of reality that held her together. She sat up. The wells mouth loomed high above her. She could see the first stars. She looked at the ivy that snaked down to the well's bottom, where she stood. Kagome grabbed it, and holding only one thing in mind, she began to climb, clawing at the stone walls until her fingers met more ivy. Foot by painful foot, she dragged herself up toward the sky and those few bright stars. At last, she threw her dirty and bloodied arms over the lip of the well, her feet kicking the air beneath her, and she propelled herself over. Kagome lay gasping at the foot of the well, and briefly closed her eyes. Inuyasha. She know longer knew who he was, or cared, all she knew was that somewhere here a person existed she had to see, she had to see before it was too late. She stood up on her shaky legs, but her knees gave out from under her. She stood again, this time leaning on the well for support. There was a strange light coming from the forest. Kagome blinked. A soul collector flew past her, carrying a soul in its claws. She followed it, limping along. Somewhere, deep in the tar of her mind, a voice said it was a bad idea, that she didn't want to see where the soul collector was going. But she pushed it aside, because another voice told her that the soul collector would lead her to Inuyasha. And that was all she wanted. To see Inuyasha, so she could keep up this ridiculous charade of life, this stupid game of pretend. She needed to see him, and to think he loved her.
 
Inuyasha had been very worried about Kagome, but he figured that she would be alright in her time. She had been kind of off lately, but her doctors could cure everything. They would take her to a `hospital' and she'd get better, and they would be off searching for sacred jewels in no time. She was probably just worried about her mother remarrying. Suddenly his sensitive nose caught a whiff of the smell he most hated, and most loved. Kikyo… he started running.
 
Kikyo...” Kagome could no longer be sure if that was Inuyasha's voice she heard or her pitiful imaginings, but it was all she had to go on, so she followed it. Focusing on the voice, she bumped straight into a tree, and collapsed below it. Her puffy eyes widened as the undead priestess stepped into the middle of a clearing. A flash of a familiar red caught her eye, and Inuyasha streaked into the clearing.
“Kikyo!” He cried.
“Inuyasha…” Kikyo's voice betrayed slight surprise. “What are you doing here?”
“I followed your soul collectors.”
“Ah yes… how horrifying I am. I feed off of souls. I destroy them. I truly am I monster.” Kikyo said. “I long for death.'
“Kikyo! Never say that! Never, ever, say that! You could never horrify me! I love you! You, Kikyo! You are the only one I could ever love!”
Kikyo's eyes widened as Kagome's closed.