InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Only Second Best ❯ Midnight Confession ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha. I Do, however own Sesshomaru. I keep him in my closet. I take him out for special occasions. OK OK I don't own him. But I wish I did.
 
unistar: thank you so much for your support, I'm still not sure where I am going with this
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Kagome…” breathed Inuyasha, pulling her closer. She nestled up against him, fitting her soft shape to his taut one.
“I.. I lo-“ Inuyasha choked, and Kagome became of a searing pain through her chest. She looked down, and saw one of Kikyo's arrows had pierced him and her. She felt Inuyasha go limp in her arms.
“Kik...yo…why…” She cough, the salty metallic taste of blood in her mouthd, before the world swirled dark around her…
 
Kagome woke up with a start, drenched in sweat. Her whole body was slick with perspiration. She glanced at Inuyasha, to check he was still breathing. She carefully examined everyone in the makeshift camp, assuring their welfare, before breathing a sigh of relief, letting out breathe she didn't know she'd been holding.
Breathe, Kagome. It was just a dream. You know that. Just a dream, only a nightmare. Kagome began to breathe easier. She knew the real Kikyo would never do that, no matter how much she despised her and Inuyasha.
But that's the thing, Kagome. That creation of Urasue's (sp?) isn't Kikyo. It is just an empty shell into which some of Kikyo's emotions and memories are copied a mean little voice said inside her. That's not true! That Kikyo, whether a shell or not, loves Inuyasha! Yes, she loves him… but she wants him dead. While he is alive, they cannot be together. Once he is dead, they can live together in hell for eternity. No! I refuse to believe that she would stoop to outright killing him in front of me! Kagome argued with herself, stifling back a sob.
“Huuhhhh (A.N. that noise people make when they are half asleep)… What's wrong Kagome?” Inuyasha was awake.
Shit. She hadn't heard him wake up. What was she going to tell him? It has been awkward enough just being in the same room as him, and she hadn't even tried talking.
“Nothing… just a nightmare…”
“Kagome, I know something is wrong. When you came back I could smell tears and you didn't speak to me all day! I can smell your fear (A.N. adrenaline) right now, and I want you to tell me: what is wrong?”
“It's nothing.”
“Is it your family?” He pressed.
“Yes!” She seized the idea gladly. “My, uh, mom is, uh, thinking of, um, getting married again! Yeah that's it! And I don't really like the guy!” Whatever, he rarely saw her mother anyway.
“Oh. Well… it'll probably work out for the best?” He replied uneasily. Emotions weren't his strong point, but he could sense that something else was bothering her.
“Mpf. Goodnight, Inuyasha.”
“Goodnight.” She was already asleep. He watched her for a moment.
She rolled over in her sleep. “I love you, Inuyasha…” she mumbled, dreaming.
He stared at her in shock, then something clicked. He loved her too. Yes, he loved Kikyo, but her loved her too. He loved her smile, and the way she laughed. He loved her scent and the way her bangs fell over her forehead. He even loved how her eyes looked when she got angry and sat him. He loved Kikyo, but Kagome… she was a part of him. Without her, he didn't feel whole. She was his missing piece. Part of him urged to reach over and wake her up, just so he could tell her. But wait. What about Kikyo? She had given her life for him. She loved him more than anyone else ever could (A.N. Inuyasha is, as usual, being an idiot). He owed her. He owed her his very life. And he loved her too. Both of them, Kikyo, and Kagome.
Even though he knew she couldn't hear him, he swallowed.
“I… I love you two.”