InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Only When It Rains ❯ Prologue To The Rain ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]




         Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha and company. Soul rights belong to Rumiko Takashi

         Note: -*-*-*- Means we are seeing a dream. It will not be in italic.

         Note: 'This is how it will be written if it is thought to ones self.'

        
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  ;        PROLOGUE                 
   &nbs p;     ************

         The hanyou stood stock still, frozen in the spot. The ample amount of leaves in the tree tops high above did little to help stop the down pour of rain that fell hard upon him. He was frightend. To think, him, afraid! There had been only a few ocassions, countable on one hand, where he had been in fear. Now was one of these rare times.

         How could it be possible she was standing there, looking at him straight in the eyes. Her chocolate pools gazing into his amber. Not in a loving way, but one that was searching. Searching for remoarse, for any trace of love, for any trace of truth. She would not have to look very hard to find it, but she, too, was afraid. Every bone in his body ached for him to move toward her, yet he dared not. If he touched her, she would most likely flinch in terror, wince in pain, and give out a shrill cry as a protest. If he could just feel that she was here, that she was not a dream... Maybe he could get her to understand.

         She looked at him, unmovingly, as buckets of water pounded on her head. Her raven locks were now wet clumps, and her green sailor suit now totally drenched. Her eyes glazed with more water from unshed tears. What was she doing here? Could her being near him be a sign that she forgave him? But how could she? After all that he had did...

         There was no longer any use denying it. He loved her. In every way that a person could love. He saw her as an angel, a savor, some thing he should not be permitted to have. He did not deserve her forgiveness, not for one second. But... Would she give it to him?

         He had done so much wrong to her. And in the end, caused her a near death accident. Yet she still stood here! Was it vengence she seeked?

         He moved toward her. His steps were unsteady, and his movements seemed unreal; as if it were not he who had taken them. The next thing he knew, Kagome and he were only inches apart. He breathed in heavily. Her eyes. Her beautiful eyes. He was so sure that he would never see them again. But there was something different about them this time. They seemed sad, and anxious. Then, taking him rather by surprize, she spoke.

         "What are you afraid of?"

         He looked deeply into her eyes.

         He raised his hand to her soft, pale cheek.

         "I am afraid that I have lost you."
        
          She stopped the comforting hand, serious eyes upon him.

         "I dont understand. How can it be thats what you fear?"

         "Because your the only thing that is important to me. Kagome..."

         "I was not important enough, was I? I was never good enough."

         "No! Thats not true! Its me thats not perfect, you have it backwards."

         "I saw what your afraid of. I saw you cry."

         "Because of you. I am afraid of you."

         "I have no power, certainly not greater than yours."

         "You have my heart, Kagome. Once that is broke, every thing is broken."

         "I know what that is like."

         "You have no idea the power you have."

         "You have no idea what death can do to you InuYasha. Its cold. Right before you die, you go to the hidden spot where you hide all your emotions. Death makes you bitter, and angry. I almost entered that place. I refuse to go there again."

         "Kagome, Im so sorry. I-"

         "I cant forgive you InuYasha. I almost died because you were unfaithful."

         "I dont expect you to..."

         "You fear that you have lost me..."

         "I am afriad that I will never get you back..."

         "I am so far gone. I have spent four years of omy life with you. On again, off again. Four years I was second string. Do you know what that feels like?"

         "Kagome I-"

         "DO YOU?"

         "No. I dont..."

         "So how can you stand there and tell me I have power?" She screamed, as she broke down into tears. The pouring rain only adding to that.

         Kagome slumped down into the ground, crying. The hanyou instintly fell to her. She had her arms locked around her legs, her face crying into them.

         "Kagome-" He said, putting a hand on her arm. She jerked it.

         "Get away from me." She said only half meaning it, and it sounded so."

         "I love you Kagome."

         "No, you dont."
        
   ;       "I do."

         "You love Kikyo."

         "I do love her."

         "See? How can you love two people at once? You love her! Your hers!"

         "I love her as a friend."

         "Oh, jeez, whats the difference?"

         "I love you as a mate."

         "You cant stop thinking about her. She will always be first on your mind."

         "No."

         "Lies! Why do you have to lie to me?"

         "Its not a lie! I love you Kagome!"

         "No... no... you cant love me..." She wailed.

         "Why cant I?"

         "Damn! InuYasha!"

         "What why are you so upset because I love you?" He yelled.

         "Because I love you!" She yelled back harshly.

         "..."

         She turned to look at him.

         "I love you... I do... I do..."

         "I know... I know..." She leaned her head against his chest, and he rocked her back and forth. She put one hand to his chest, and felt his beads, stopping to play with them for a short moment. She worked her way up to his neck, and finally his cheek where she drew him in. Their lips touched, grazing over each other, as they sit there, in the middle of the forest, in the midst of night. In the pouring rain. There was nothing in the world that could affect them now. The world no longer exsisted.