InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Only While Human ❯ Going Their Opposite Ways ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha! I only own the story! But wouldn't it be good if I did own the show? Or the manga? Hmm… Anyway, I hope you enjoy! This kinda took me a long time to write. But besides my meaningless rambling, Inuyasha belongs to Rumiko Takahashi.

Note: I named this chapter "Going Their Opposite Ways" because I couldn't think of anything else. This chapter really just fills in about how Inuyasha, Shippo and Miroku react after Kagome, Sango and Kirara leave and just some stuff between Kagome and Sango. Nothing major.

~~~~

Only While Human

Chapter Two: Going Their Opposite Ways

<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>

Afte r a frustrated sigh from Inuyasha, Miroku watched as Inuyasha helped remove Shippo's shirt, slipping his nightshirt over the bare kitsune's flesh. Shippo slightly laughed, as if tickled by the threads. Either that, or his bare skin had came in contact with Inuyasha's smooth fingernails which were no longer claws for that night.

'Well, at least Inuyasha does act nice to some of us while he's in his human stage… Kinda.' Miroku thought.

"Thanks, Inuyasha!" Shippo beamed, tilting his head downwards to look at the nightshirt Kagome had made for him. 'Kagome did a nice job,' he thought. 'It fits me perfectly! I'll have to thank Kagome whenever she comes back in with Sango.' Shippo then yawned, turning on his heel, beginning to walk over to Miroku.

"Shippo, you seem tired. I would imply that you get some rest if you want strength for whatever we will have to face tomorrow or even tonight if something such as a demon or angry villager (A/N: Don't ask.) would appear." Miroku calmly said, looking over at Sango's boomerang that had been placed by his staff (Shakujou.) It had also been by the frame that Shippo had just entered/exited moments ago.

Shippo once again turned on his heel. "But I wanna know what you're going to talk about! I'm just a kid! It's not like I'm gonna know what your talking about anyway!" he protested, his small hands slowly curling into fists. Shippo was nosey all right, and would try anything; think of any excuse, just to hear into a conversation, pretending he had no clue what they were talking about. But unknown to Inuyasha and Miroku, Shippo was much older than he appeared, and unknown to Shippo, he was going to loose the battle.

"Shippo, you're a kid. You said it yourself! And kids need sleep so just go to sleep or something already!" Inuyasha said curtly, standing as he crossed his arms across his chest, getting in a position that seemed like he was ready to chase the kitsune, in which he was.

"Miroku…!"

"He's got a point there," Miroku stated, making Shippo just stand in the middle of the room, his gaze wandering from Miroku to Inuyasha constantly, both confused and sad at the same time.

"Why do you always have to pick on me?!" Shippo screamed, his fingers to his head as he took his own hair in grasp, shaking his head vigorously, obviously both confused and pissed off at the same time. His arms then dropped to the sides after a couple seconds, sighing as he put down his head, staring at the wooden floor. "I'm going to sleep…" he lightly said, walking to the wooden frame that separated the two rooms. As Shippo walked, he muttered under his breath about how he was always left out on conversations, almost giving Inuyasha a well-deserved facefall moment as Shippo didn't even seem to recognize Inuyasha standing in the position he usually does before going into battle, trying to look frightening. But the only thing Inuyasha could do -If he would- was just punch the little twerp, his Tetsaiga was useless as it sat sheathed along the opposite corner of the room. It wasn't until Shippo was completely out of sight that both the monk and hanyou (after falling to the ground on his knees) burst out in laughter.

<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>

~Meanwhile~

<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>

After many minutes of walking, Sango and Kagome remained silent. They hadn't talked to one another since the brief one they had before leaving the boys, if you could even call that 'talking'. It was an awkward silence between the two, only hearing the sounds of nature along with Kirara's soft snores and her exhaling. Sango seemed more calmed down, smiling down at the small neko asleep in her arms, softly stroking the fur behind its ears.

Kagome, however, was very nervous, continuously glancing around the area, sometimes tightly clutching onto the yellow strap from her backpack that hung on her shoulder. Could it be because Inuyasha wasn't there to protect her? And even if he was there, it wouldn't help or do any good at all, especially since Inuyasha couldn't go into battle while human because of the chance he could be killed and they (Kagome and Sango) had both left their battle weapons behind inside of the hut. Nothing that was in Kagome's bag could protect her. The only thing Sango had to really protect herself was Kirara and the secret blade embedded in the sleeve of her right arm from her demon-slayer outfit.

'Inuyasha…' Kagome thought to herself, stopping in her tracks as her lips curled into a smile, slightly starting to giggle for no apparent reason.

"Kagome?" Sango asked, stopping and looking back at her friend, who was only a few feet behind her. "What's the matter with you?"

"Nothing!" Kagome let out, placing her hands over her mouth as a cover, trying to shield the laughter from escaping out, although it didn't help that much at all. Sango just shook her head and rolled her eyes, starting to walk forward again.

"Sometimes people just don't grow up," Sango muttered to herself, not looking back at Kagome. Instead, she had been staring at some high grass and vines that lie on the ground in front of her. She had been so busy thinking about what Kagome had wanted to ask her, so busy trying to keep Kirara asleep, she hadn't been looking ahead of her. It was like if the vines and grass had appeared from out of nowhere, like magic.

Crouching down to reach the vines, she pushed them aside with one hand, for her other hand was still busy, acting as a pillow to the sleeping Kirara. Some tiny thorns stuck out of the vines and they pricked Sango's skin. Although no blood was shed, she flinched just a little from surprise, forgetting about the small pain as a relaxed smile appeared across her face. In front of her, she saw nothing other than a secluded hot spring, with only small patches of grass and trees around it. It gave her a small private feeling that no one else knew where such a luxurious place could be hidden.

A surprised gasp from Kagome followed soon afterwards, now standing beside the demon slayer. "Whoa, I never noticed this earlier when we first arrived, or other words I would've been in here earlier!"

"Me too," Sango agreed, giving a warm smile down at the young woman standing beside her. "Do you think that we would be able to get a dip in?"

"Probably. Shippo should be sleeping by now, or else he would've ran out to come find us if a fight broke out between him and Inuyasha or Miroku."

"Right. And the boys should be heading to sleep after they have their conversation. Well, at least hopefully they would if all goes well."

Kagome nodded, leaning to her left so the heavy yellow backpack fell from her shoulders, landing with a soft 'plop!' on the grass. She then kneeled down onto the grass beside the backpack, taking the zipper in her fingers, and un-zippered the first pocket. Sango looked at her quite strangely whenever Kagome pulled out two large towels, and Kagome noticed the look. "Oh, the towels? I carry them around everywhere; as soon as I clean them and they dry I put them back in my pack. I mean, we never know when we could come across a place to bathe, or to help injured villagers who need to be cleaned up!" she said cheerfully, Sango only nodding her head as a reply as Kirara stirred in her sleep, lifting her head.

"Aw, what's wrong Kirara?" Sango softly said, looking down as she stroked her fingers down Kirara's back, leaning down at the same time and placing Kirara down. Kirara then walked into the little clearing near the spring, laying down at the edge of the water in a patch of grass after circling the area for a couple seconds. Sango and Kagome both followed, Kagome having the towels in her arms as Sango walked over and leaned down beside her cat. "Kirara, go back to sleep. This might take a while, and it would be best if you weren't tired tomorrow morning." Kirara mewed, nuzzling her small face into the grass as Sango kissed its forehead, then standing and turning to Kagome.

Kagome smiled at Sango, tossing her over a towel. They then turned their backs on one another, slowly getting undressed. While Kagome just slipped out of her school uniform, it took a while for Sango since she had to discard both her regular outfit and battle outfit. Afterwards, they both turned towards each other. Having a towel wrapped around them, both girls leaned down and folded their clothes, lying them down beside Kagome's backpack as they smiled at one another, walking towards the spring. Kagome was the first to outstretch her leg, letting the tips of her toes slightly enter the water, pulling them right back out. "Oh, it's a little warmer then what we're used to."

"Ah, that's okay, just as long as we actually get the chance to relax." Sango breathed, taking a deep breath as she let her leg enter the water, then the other, slowly sliding down into the water. She waited until she was in water that came up to her chin before she removed her towel, lifting it over her head and dropping it on the soil behind her. A smile appeared across Sango's face as she sat down on a rock to the right of her, leaning her back against a large rock that stuck out of the water. She closed her eyes as the warm water kissed her skin, giving her a feel of relaxation.

Kagome followed the pattern, only removing her towel slightly before she got in, so it would be easier for her to dry herself off later. She didn't mind if Sango had seen her exposed, for they had seen each other nude a lot of times since she had first joined them on the search for the Shikon no Tama. "Thanks for coming out, Sango."

"No problem, Kagome. Anytime. But why did you need to speak to me in private? I mean, what do you need to tell me?"

Kagome sighed, quickly ducking under the water so it dripped from her hair as she emerged at the surface, Sango giving her a look of confusion. Kagome had to say something, but didn't know how to word it. It was as if she was nervous, like she didn't want to say it at all so was just stalling. Sighing, Kagome turned her back towards Sango, turning around once again after taking a deep breath. "It's about Inuyasha…"

"Ah, that's what I thought it would be. What do you think about Inuyasha, Kagome? It's okay to tell me."

~~~

The end of chapter 2 has arrived! Yay!! But anyway, getting back to focus… What does Miroku wish to speak to Inuyasha about? And what does Kagome have to tell Sango about Inuyasha? Stay tuned for chapter 3!

Inuyasha: Cindy that sounded really corny.

Cindy: Um…Yeah, it did. So? I can be corny if I want to!

Kagome: Yeah, Inuyasha! Don't be so stubborn!

Miroku: Stubborn? That's how he always is…

Inuyasha: You say somethin, monk?!

Miroku: Why, no, not at all! *Big smile*

Shippo: *hides behind Kagome*

Sango: Not this again… Won't you guys ever stop fighting?

Cindy: I'm gonna leave before anything starts up… *Quickly runs off*

Inuyasha: Feh. What's her problem?

Miroku: *Shrugs*

Kagome: Anyway… Who wants some ramen noodles?

Everyone: I do!!

Kagome: *Starts making noodles for everyone, including the nice readers who have read this fic and for Cindy who is still running off!! But where to? Who knows?*