InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Open Eyes: Sequel to Lightening Assassin ❯ Insight ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of its characters so please don't sue.
 
Insight
 
After a few days of travel, Rin found herself directly outside of a village. She had run into a couple of youkai on the way and dealt with them quite easily. She was somewhat surprised that her Lord had not come for her. Sighing; she certainly hoped that the village didn't have a resident miko or houshi. Because if they did, there would be little time taken to run her out or even try to kill her. She was sure that her demonic aura could be felt by anyone with the proper training. She sighed once more and entered the village trying sense any holy aura.
 
Dressed in a simple blue kimono she passed by earning gazes and sharp looks from the villagers. Most were friendly and full of wonder; very few contained a look of hatred or disgust. Maybe I have found a good place to start a new life. Feeling a little more comfortable about her surroundings, she began to smile and nod at those that acknowledged her. Finally she came upon an old man that looked as if he may be able to help her. She approached him respectfully and bowed.
 
“Excuse me sir, but could you tell me where I might be able to find the leader of this village.”
“Sure young lady. Just go to the center of the village, which is a little up ahead. There you'll find Seitaro; he's the elder of our village.”
Rin smiled, nodded, and thanked the man for his help. She walked quickly till she stopped at the door step of the home of the village elder. She knocked on the door and was greeted by a girl that was about her age. The girl smiled warmly and asked the Rin if she needed help.
 
Rin nodded, “Hai, I wanted to speak with the elder.”
The girl nodded and smiled again, “This way.”
Rin was led through the house, which was fairly large. Unlike her lords palace it was filled with simple things, and that in itself mystified the young woman. Finally they came to a door which the girl knocked on.
“Hai.” A voice beyond the door called out.
“There's a young woman here to see you Grandfather.”
“Ah, let her in Miyo.”
The girl opened the door and stepped aside, “Please enter.”
 
Rin entered cautiously, the room was a bit dark with one candle on the far left lit. All Rin could see of the elder was his silhouette. She bowed her head gingerly, “Elder, I have come to ask for refuge”
“Refuge? From what my dear?” the man tilted his head a little so that the candle lit up part of his face.
Rin had to think clearly, there had to be a story to why she needed a place to stay. Then something popped into her mind.
“Because sir, my family was butchered by bandits.” Rin thought of her childhood as she spoke, and the tears from her eyes were real.
“I see. So you mean to tell me you have no one and nothing besides the belongings that are with you now.”
“Hai sir.”
The man nodded once more and then turned toward the door. “Go, find Miyo and tell her to give you a room in my house. If you want to stay in the village then you may stay in my house. But I must ask you to do your share of chores”
Rin nodded her head, “Of course, I will do my best. Arigatou Seitaro-sama.”
 
The next day Rin set to work on her new chores. She swept the floors, wash the breakfast dishes, and she cooked dinner. She felt quite accomplished, almost satisfied with this new life. But every now and then her mind would wander back to her Sesshoumaru-sama. No matter what he would always be in her heart and in her mind. She missed him deeply and would get stuck on the memory of glossy his silver hair, or his beautiful golden eyes.
 
“Rin.”
Rin turned her head and spotted Miyo, she had been sitting on the porch thinking of the one youkai she loved. Staring at the night sky and seeing his image in the stars.
 
“Konban wa Miyo-chan. Ogenki desu ka?”
“Genki desu, anata wa?”
“Genki.”
“You don't look it Rin-chan. You appear to be in distress.”
“Distress?”
“Dooshitano?”
“I just miss my home and my family.”
“Well now you have a new home… and me and Grandfather will be your family.”
“Honto no?”
“Hai.”
Rin smiled, “You have no idea how much that means to me.”
 
Rin twisted and turned on her futon. Her dream taking a death like vise on her soul.
“Rin.”
“Sesshoumaru-sama.”
“Ai shiteru.”
Sesshoumaru slowly backed away and shook his head with a look of disgust on his face.
“Chotto matte Sesshoumaru-sama, chotto!”
Rin bolted up from the alarming dream, her chest heaving up and down heavily.
“It was just a dream.” She sighed, “But yet the truth.” She shook her head trying to free herself from the pain. Why won't he leave me? Tears welled up in her eyes and began to pour out onto her cheeks. Why do you torment me so Sesshoumaru-sama?!
 
For the next few weeks Rin lived in the village. She was satisfied with the little life she had salvaged for herself. And everything seemed to be going well until a miko came into the village. Rin could feel the power of the miko and knew that if the miko discovered her, she'd have a lot to answer for.
 
“Rin!”
Rin jumped, she had been sitting in her room hoping the miko would not sense her. “Hai Miyo.”
“A miko is here.”
“In the house?!”
“Iie, she's in the village. Why are you so tense?”
“I don't know.” Rin lied
“Well, Grandfather is inviting her into our home. He believes it will bless our home and rid it of any evil spirits that may have lingered here from past visitors.”
Rin tensed up, “That's good.” That's absolutely horrible.
 
Rin waited till Miyo left to let out the breath of air she was keeping in. What if this miko senses me? What will Seitaro-sama do once he finds out what I am? Finally Rin made up her mind to run again. She couldn't chance being hunted down, and she wouldn't be able to face the man that took her in and treated her like his own. She quickly began to gather her things. She had to leave before the miko arrived.
 
Once her things were collected, Rin thought she should write Seitaro-sama and Miyo a letter. It was the right thing to do, and the only thing to keep her conscious quiet. She quickly found a piece of paper, ink, and a feather. She jotted down her apology and left a small clue, which of course was another lie, to why she had to go.
 
Dear Seitaro-sama,

I'm sorry to inform you that I will be leaving today. I wanted to tell you goodbye, but goodbyes always hurt so much. Therefore, I leave this letter. I want you to know how grateful I am that you took me in and cared for me these past few weeks. I hope that good fortune finds you and Miyo, and that you both find everlasting happiness. As for me, I will be going back to my village. Hopefully I will find out more about my family and finish the life I had started there. There is no honor in running away.
 
With love,
Rin.
 
It hurt her the most to write that last line. There is no honor in running away. But that's what she had been doing in the first place. A single thought entered Rin's mind as she silently left the house. I lost my honor when I left Sesshoumaru-sama, and I will not find it again until I am able to be honest about myself. I am a lost hopeless child, and all I want is love.
 
Rin silently slipped out the house hoping to completely avoid the miko. It seemed that luck was somewhat on her side today and she made it to the back of the house without being seen. She took a deep breath and then proceeded to leave village like a shadow.
 
A/N: Sorry it took me so long to get this one out. I'm sorry if this chapter isn't so great. I've got one hell of a writer's block. If you have any ideas, please feel free to leave a review and tell me what ya wanna see.