InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Ougon Hoshi High ❯ Unexpected Dinner Guest ( Chapter 13 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own any part of the Inuyasha franchise, anime or manga. This is true for this chapter and all other chapters of Realization. All rights belong to Inuyasha creator Rumiko Takahashi.
=============================
 
~Chapter 13~
Unexpected Dinner Guest
 
Kagome sat at her desk, staring at her work, not really paying attention to it. It was eleven o'clock and she needed to get ready. Kagome got up and changed into a red t-shirt that had 'Princess' across the front, some blue jeans, and a matching blue jeans jacket. She and her friends were going to the mall.
 
As soon as Kagome slipped her shirt over her head, the doorbell rang. Kagome hurried from her room and down the stairs. “I got it!” she called out. Kagome opened the door and there stood her friends: Eri, Arimi, and Yuka.
 
Kagome slid her feet into her sandals, yelled bye to her mother, and closed the door behind her.
 
.:8:8:8:8:8:8:8:8:8:.
 
Kagome stood with her friends waiting for the light to change.
 
“So, Kagome?” Yuka asked.
 
“Huh?”
 
“We saw you the other day with Inuyasha Taisho.” Arimi and Eri nodded.
 
Kagome blushed. “You did?”
 
Eri snorted. “Oh, don't give us that, We know you saw us; you waved.”
 
Kagome groaned to herself. She forgot that.
 
“I can't believe it!” Yuka squealed. “You and Inuyasha Taisho, on his motorcycle. How come you're so lucky?”
 
Kagome shrugged. The light changed and they started crossing the street.
 
“You should have seen poor Hojo,” Eri commented.
 
“Hojo? What about Hojo?” Kagome asked.
 
“He looked so heartbroken and pitiful after seeing you with Inuyasha, on a motorcycle, holding onto him.”
 
Kagome rolled her eyes as Eri droned on about her riding on a motorcycle with one of, if not, the most popular guy across Japan. From the way she described it, Hojo was really affected after seeing her with another guy. It really didn't help that the guy was Inuyasha Taisho. What was Hojo so worried about? It wasn't like there was anything going on between her and Inuyasha.
 
Kagome snorted to herself. That was a lie. Her and Inuyasha had flings when they had romantic sessions. What he said to her the night of the charity dinner was still on her mind, it had been on her mind ever since that night. He had chosen her. He said he would break up with Kikyo, though for some reason, Kagome had a feeling that that wouldn't turn out so well.
 
Kagome and her friends walked into the bustling mall. All of Kagome's thoughts went out the window as her eyes were treated to visual delight. Numerous clothing, shoe, and jewelry stores came into view, whether she would be getting anything would be a different story.
 
.:8:8:8:8:8:8:8:8:8:.
 
Kagome smiled as she walked up the shrine stairs, waving to her friends as they walked on. She had a bag with her. She had bought two pairs of sweatpants to sleep in, one was gray and the other was red, and two oversize white t-shirts.
 
Kagome closed the door behind her. She heard her mother in her usual spot, the kitchen. Sota and her grandfather weren't on the first floor. Kagome headed for the kitchen and found her mother getting the good china out of the cabinets.
 
“Mom?”
 
Kagome's mother pulled down the fine dishes and turned to face her daughter. “Hello, Kagome.”
 
“Mom, are you expecting company?” Kagome asked. Her mother only used the china when guests were coming over.
 
Kagome's mother nodded. “Yes, so get washed up and put a nice dress on.” She pulled out the expensive silverware next.
 
“Do I have to come? Can't I stay upstairs or go out?” Kagome whined.
 
“No. He's your friend.”
 
Kagome's eyes widened. “He?” Her mother nodded. “Mother, you didn't?”
 
She did.
 
=============================
A/N: I'd like to thank my beta reader, Rinoa-Luv16, for well beta reading of course.