InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Ougon Hoshi High ❯ Defining ( Chapter 16 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own any part of the Inuyasha franchise, anime or manga. This is true for this chapter and all other chapters of Realization. All rights belong to Inuyasha creator Rumiko Takahashi.
 
=============================
~Chapter 16~
Defining
 
 
Inuyasha's hand rested on Kagome's leg, stilled by her hand. He sighed and slid his hand from under skirt. He could tell by the tone of her voice that she wanted to talk about something serious. Inuyasha scooted over beside the window and propped his arm up, resting his head in his palm.
 
“Go ahead,” Inuyasha said monotonously.
 
“What are we?” Kagome asked.
 
It sounded like a simple question, easy enough to say, but wasn't easy to answer.
 
Inuyasha thought for a moment before replying. “What do you mean?”
 
Kagome looked down at her hands, which were folded in her lap. What did she mean? She knew what she meant; the problem was: how would she say it. “What is the relationship between us? What am I to you, Inuyasha?”
 
Inuyasha heard the sound of distress in her voice and it pained him, but not as much as it pained her.
 
Inuyasha sighed heavily. “Kagome, there is something special between us, something that I haven't felt with anyone else.”
 
“Well what about your relationship with Kikyo?”
 
Inuyasha sighed again. “I don't know. I suppose Kikyo just there. I don't know.” He was confused to say the least. He was the rope in a game of tug-of-war. Both girls had him by an arm and were pulling hard.
 
Kagome caught Inuyasha's facial expression from the corner of her eye. He looked so pitiful. His ears were drooping, lying down against his hair.
 
“Inuyasha, I have to know: Kikyo or me?”
 
“I've told you already, Kagome. I said I wanted to be with you.”
 
Kagome nodded. “I know you've said it to me but can you say it to Kikyo? Saying you'll do something and actually doing it are two different things.”
 
Inuyasha started to reply with a smart comment but stopped himself. It wouldn't do any good to take his frustrations out on Kagome. She may have been the cause for his indecisiveness but he was the one that allowed himself to get caught up. The words of his half brother came floating into his mind. He really was low.
 
A smug smiled came across Inuyasha's face. “I don't have a choice. I owe it to you and her. It wouldn't be right to lead you both on.” Inuyasha didn't have to be demon to smell the anxiety coming from the girl next to him.
 
“It just doesn't feel right, Inuyasha. My conscious won't allow me to continue this.” Kagome said sadly. “I like you. I really like you but I don't want to be second.”
 
Inuyasha growled. His hands went to the sides of her face, pulling her towards him as they met in a kiss. It wasn't a deep kiss but it was still passionate one; it was meant to prove and point… and to quiet her.
 
Inuyasha pulled away and looked deep into her eyes. “I told you already. The next time I see Kikyo I'm telling her that I'm breaking it off. I'm telling her about us.”
 
Kagome's eyes widened. “Us?” she asked unable and unwilling to hide the shock in her voice. Inuyasha nodded.
 
She pulled back and Inuyasha's hand fell to her knee. 'Us?' Kagome repeated to herself. `There is an us? There must be an us if he's going to tell Kikyo.'
 
Inuyasha stared into Kagome's eyes. He saw numerous emotions flutter through her brown eyes. His body acted against his mind, as if someone was pulling on strings like he was a puppet. He raised his hand to her face and cupped her cheek in his hand; she leaned slightly into it. Maybe it wasn't his body rebelling against his mind; maybe it was his body acting on the desires lying deep within his mind.
 
Whatever the reason, Inuyasha didn't try to restrain himself. Gently pulling Kagome's head toward him while leaned forward, they stopped a few inches away from each other. Kagome smiled shyly and Inuyasha retaliated with a small fang-revealing smirk. She moved to continue what they had started, surprising Inuyasha somewhat but he recovered quickly and met her lips with his.
 
Inuyasha stroked Kagome's cheek with his thumb as he lay her down on her back. He half straddled her, kneeling on one knee while the other was between her legs. Inuyasha tilted his head to side, deepening the kiss.
 
Catching Inuyasha off guard and surprising herself some, Kagome pushed her tongue against Inuyasha's lips. She heard a low growl erupt from Inuyasha but wasn't at all frightened. He acknowledged her request and opened his mouth. She timidly met his tongue with her own and a fierce yet passionate battle for dominance. In the end the both surrendered and broke the kiss.
 
Inuyasha looked down into Kagome's brown eyes. She looked back at him. He could see a hint of fear within her.
 
“Don't hurt me,” Kagome whispered somberly. Moisture formed in her eyes.
 
A few seconds passed before Inuyasha understood. He realized she was asking realized what she wanted.
 
Inuyasha nodded. “I won't,” he replied, smiling.
 
=============================
A/N: I know it's short. I just wanted to get a chapter out before I start school next week. (*cries*). oh, Summer, how I will miss you.
 
=====
 
Reviews
 
FanFiction
King of Chaos ----- MoonlightHanyou ----- DarkWings14 (seems like you're always too lazy to log in) ----- kitty-inuyasha ----- anime-lover-forever2007 ----- ][Atreyu][ -----s8terpunkkag ----- Rinoa-Luv16 ----- Duzen Broken DreamZ ----- AngelWingRinoa777 ----- lilrin13 ----- areyouboredtoday ----- Zoey ----- Egyptian Kiss ----- MirokuHoushi471 ----- concerned citizen ----- lolol ----- KoyomiMizuhara04 ----- MM ----- High on Sharpies ----- sango101 ----- Sesshy-chan (I know. I think I was watching that movie at the time) ----- bobalina ----- Sango101 ----- XxF1R3 AlchemistxX ----- Kagome24k
 
* * *
MediaMiner
Morbid Angel ----- Akihana ----- the grace of hatred ----- flrsblue ----- InuGrrrl ----- crystalclearangel ----- red_katty ----- Kay97 ----- babygirl#1 ----- Sweetprincess 17 ----- Hanyoulover ----- sako