InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Over the Edge ❯ So how do you explain this? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Summary. Inuyasha the kingdom's runaway. Kagome the goddess of night. Both gone, vanished. Together they'll do anything to get what's theirs. Love, betrayal, hatred, ultimate power, going to the extreme to get the one you desire, To bring a kingdom to its knees. For their love story has just begun.
 
I do not claim any rights to the great Inuyasha or the characters in the anime/manga. All rights belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I do offer my thanks to her for creating such great characters for me to terrorize in my own twisted ways.
Over the Edge
 
Love: definition Romance, Feelings of attachment, affection, friendship,
The are necessary emotions for these two, that's what their missing.
 
Chapter 3:
So how do you explain this?
 
---&---
 
Her protector.
“So Inuyasha how long do you think it'll take us to get the outskirts of the kingdom?” She questioned at him for about the 10th time today. The wind was blowing very hard today so both Inuyasha and Kagome had to tie their long flowing hair into a high ponytail.
“ For the last time today Kagome I don't know” He had tried to walk a little faster then usually just to try and get away from Kagome and her many questions.
Who everknew that one woman could have so many questions to ask?
Daring to look back at her she had her head down and what looked like to him was just staring at her fingers, witch at the moment she was tapping against one another. What her problem was beated him. He slowed down a little just to let her catch up with him a little. She gently lifted her head to get a peek at what he was doing; after he looked over to her she turned her head back down.
“What's your problem?”
“Hmm, what are you talking about?”
“Gosh you and your. Urgh. If you're going to act all stupid then never mind.”
---&---
 
“So master what are you going to do about the little one?”
 
A little toad like imp walked impatiently around the great stone room, stopping once or twice to look back over to the man in front of him. The other man was sitting on the floor. Had orange-purple eyes that where trailing the imp-man, His hair was to the looks of it snowy white with three long black highlights ending right at the tip of his long hair that was pooling on the floor.
 
The man sighed, his eyes looked pained but after blinking them they turned back stern, emotionless...
 
“The only thing that we can do... Is to dismiss him of…”
 
The little boy stood wide-eyed outside of the tall silver doors his lips trembled, turning around his golden-violet eyes pooled over with unshed tears. Blinking hard to try and make them disappear, he waked away from the door; he didn't make it far before sinking down to the ground. He put his hands over his head.
 
“How could they do this to me?
 
He played back in his head what he had heard, the one thing that seemed to be replaying over and over was what he had said.
 
 
---&---
“The only thing that we can do…Is to dismiss him of his own life.”
 
The toad-man had hopped out of his seat on the floor his eyes wide with disbelief
 
“What... How... I mean why do you have to be so-“
 
The sliver haired man shot him a look that could kill...
 
“Do not question me”
 
The imp sank back down. “Yes My Lord.”
 
---&---
 
 
No I won't let them do it”
 
Getting up from his stop on the ground, he ran as fast as his legs could take him up to the 13th floor of the castle's cambers, into his room and getting the one thing precious to him, his mother's golden locket, he fastened around his neck, before walking to the window of his camber. Looking out of it, it was a long way down. Putting both feet over the ledge he sat down and jumped. Praying to god
 
“Please let me survive this fall”
 
---&---
 
Kagome was again being preoccupied with her hands.
Curiously, of what Kagome was up to Inuyasha didn't take his eyes off her as they continued moving along the dirt path with is probably why he ran right into Kagome. Kagome gasped as she was shot off her feet as both of them crashed to the ground. Inuyasha was able to roll their positions as they where falling so he took the brunt of the fall as the shocked Kagome landed smack-dab onto his chest.
His cheeks instantly turned a light pink.
Uh. Kagome..?
Her blush deepened over her face. She opened her mouth to answer but snapped it closed again and swallow instead. He leaned toward her slowly, his gaze falling to her lips. The only thought that made sense in both their minds was that they were here on the ground, with them in an imamate position, and both could tell they wanted to kiss each other. Her pulse skyrocketed against his ribcage. Kagome stared into his golden-violet eyes, she couldn't' even give a word for them. So much emotion was surging though them she kept staring into them as he leaned in a little bit more. Just mere breaths separating them, only the pounding of her heart in his ears to guide him. He dared pulled her just a bit little closer.
Their lips so close daring willing, just hoping the gods where on his side today. He brushed his lips softly over Kagome's.
 
---&---
 
“My, my Inuyasha can't keep your little clawed hands off her can you?”
 
Called a man, Both Kagome and Inuyasha pulled away from each other. Inuyasha was looking dangerously toward the source of the sound. The source of the sound was a from a short hair man, from the looks of it he was wearing a black kimono, much like a samurai's.
 
“Who are you?” Inuyasha said while nudging Kagome behind him.
 
“Oh my im hurt. After all this time you don't remember your own friend.” Showing that he was hurt he put his hand to his heart.
 
“What the hell to do want” He toke a step forward.
 
“Oh my my Inuyasha I'm here to fed you a warning… they're looking for you my dear.”
 
“Who?” He said watching his every move as if he was stalking his prey.
 
“For that I will not tell my dear, but remember at dawn on the night when the moon is the most visible they will come.”
 
Night when the moon is the most visible?
 
“What the heck to you mean by that”
 
“Bye Bye Inuyasha I hope to see you again, that is if you're alive.”
 
And just like that he was gone in the blink of in eye. Both Inuyasha and Kagome stood dumb faced. Kagome had walked up to him and placed her hand onto his shoulder. It felt like he just got burned, shutting his toke a deep breath and faced her. He looked at her for a second before opening his mouth.
 
“Inuyasha who was that you where talking to?” She asked with her hand still on Inuyasha's shoulder.
 
“Just a friend from when I was younger, just a friend” He watched as she nodded her head in understanding what he meant.
 
“Uh. Im sorry about you know…..uh tripping you” He held his head low, a small flush dusting his cheeks. When Kagome giggled his face shot up in surprise.
 
So she's not mad? A small smile arose on his face. He could fell his heart racing; he could fell a sweat coming on. He wanted to know what else she was going to say, even if he has to bribe her into it.
 
Bribe Good. He concluded.
 
She was now looking up at him, curiosity was written all over her face. Her hand was slightly turned to the side as if she was a dog trying to figure out what made what sound. She turned her head forward and began to walk, Inuyasha following her every step.
 
“I guess you can say I kinda sorta….It kinda felt right She whispered out softly.
 
Hearing those words made his heart soar across the sky so fast. He felt his own breath leave his lungs.
 
It kinda felt right
 
When she turned around again she stopped and said.
 
“So when do we get to the kingdom Inuyasha?”
 
Looking around at his surroundings he faced her once more.
 
“Well spunky…we're here”
 
---&---
 
“You gave him the message right?” the man with the sliver white hair and highlights asked.
 
“Yes My Lord. But you know there was a short wench with him too... and when I found him they looked like they where in the act of mating My Lord.”
 
“Really... well I have another job for you.”
 
“And what would that be?” He said, he looked as if he already knew what his Lord was going to ask of him. Yet they still held the curiosity in them.
 
“I want you to welcome him and his little wench into the castle.”
 
A smile brewed on his face, a dark glow in his eyes. He knew exactly what to do. He couldn't have giving an easier task. This was child's play.
 
Giving his master a dark grin. He didn't turn back when he said “Yes Lord. Takahashi.” With that he walked out into the mornings orange ray.
 
 
Well that Chapter is finally done after so long. This would have to be the shortest thing I've ever written in my life. Well not really but on FFN/ Little fluff added into this chapter. **) Well anyway Im done here. Stay Tuned For Chapter 4. Tell me if you liked it.
Until Next Time
Infintiny