InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Over the Edge ❯ Truth Behind them part. 2 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Summary. Inuyasha the kingdom's runaway. Kagome the goddess of night. Both gone, vanished. Together they'll do anything to get what's theirs. Love, betrayal, hatred, ultimate power, going to the extreme to get the one you desire, To bring a kingdom to its knees. For their love story has just begun.
Im so sorry to inform you of this but... I don't own the loveable characters of Inuyasha. All I can do is twist their lives.
Over the Edge:
 
When the end is near you realize what the most important things or people in your life are. But you could also learn more about yourself then you ever did before.
 
 
Chapter 9:
 
The Truth Behind Them part. 2
 
---&---
 
 
Kagome started swimming her arms around, right arm then left; over and over aging. She was like a walking corpse doomed to fight for all of eternity. Again and again she pushed her self over the edge, to protect, to mend the hearts that where broken throughout this battle. And also to put the little girl's heart to rest by killing the man who put her into danger.
 
Katashi.
 
Inuyasha protected me… Even though I betrayed him. I will protect him, even if it takes my life!
 
Katashi came at her head on, he never once backed down. Kagome just stood her ground throwing shots at him when ever she could. She just couldn't show him the weaknesses inside her wounded heart.
 
“Kagome, my mate, aren't you getting tired?”
 
“Yeah, Not a chance.”
 
“Are you sure about that?”
 
“What do you—“
 
He side stepped her to the right as Kagome went to the left. Katashi made his move and grabbed her by the chest and throwing her to the ground. She fell with a thud, blood gushing out more out from her open wounds. She shot her head to the side and snapped her fingers straight at him; blue light trailed from her finger tips and hit him right in his chest. His eyes went wide for a moment before he stood frozen in his spot in the destroyed market place right under the main gates.
 
Thirty, well maybe 50 seconds passed by before Kagome's light pushed itself straight out of the back of Katashi's stomach. He coughed up blood, trying to stop the bleeding by putting his hands over the entrance and exit wounds. He then realized that his hands where starting to hiss with pain, bringing his hands up to his face he stared horrified with himself. And the girl sitting on the ground looking up at him.
 
“Kagome… I truly hate you, but you're just too beautiful to not love”
 
20 more seconds and he crumbled to the ground.
 
Kagome watched horrified with what she did, she wobbled and shoke for a moment before standing and glancing over her surroundings. It was completely destroyed.
 
Did I really do this much damage?
 
Her breathing skyrocketed, when she fell to the ground trying to calm herself down, she glanced over to her left. Instantly tears dripped from her tired eyes.
 
Inuyasha
 
Her eyes went wide, she couldn't breath. She felt all the pain from the last to two nights pile on top of her. As if she was holding the entire world all by herself.
 
Is this what it feels like to die huh?
 
For a long time Kagome grabbed her ripped kimono, feeling her own heart beat slow with every thump. She started to get tired, all too quickly.
 
I won't die not until I see Inuyasha's beautiful eyes, just once more.
He just has to live.
 
He moaned before blinking his golden eyes and fixed them onto Kagome. What he saw amazed him. She was so bloody, and her hair looked like a red and black fluffy tail. He wanted to reach out and touch her; to hold her in his arms while awaiting their fate…
 
Why can't I move?
 
I'm I paralyzed?
 
Kagome turned her head towards him. Silently they talked telepathically, again the pain came and shot through her; she felt so weak all of a sudden, and her eyes got weak and heavy.
 
`I really want to go to sleep Inuyasha'
 
`Please don't, promise me you won't'
 
“Im sorry… Inuyasha”
 
“Don't you dare talk like that Kagome!”
 
“Im really tired”
 
“Please just talk to me Kagome… please”
 
His heart thumped right out of his chest, and his eyes went wide.
 
I can't lose her again.
 
“Kagome… hey Spunky please wake up”
 
He tried his hardest to move his legs, but they still wouldn't budge. Why did this have to happen to him right now, when he needed them the most? Taking a deep breath he pushed his arms out in front of him, and pulled as hard as he could. He did this up until he reached Kagome.
 
He tried to get to her; every bone in his body was telling him to stop right now before they stopped working for him and let him die right here in the middle of the half ended battle. Inuyasha worked and pushed himself so much.
 
It brought tears to Kagome's eyes seeing how injured and tired he was. Why does he have to risk his life for her, after what she did?
 
Why does he have to love me so much… and why do I still love him with my entire heart and soul?
 
“I love you, I love you, I love you. Im so sorry Inu… yasha” She whispered softly.
 
“Don't talk like that Kagome, just stay her and look into my eyes… or,” She started to close her eyes. She was drifting away from him. “Or play with my ears.”
 
She smiled up at him, playing with his ears for a while before she fell asleep. Inuyasha wouldn't know if this would be the last time he saw her eyes filled with some much love. If he lost her tonight, like this… He might just go crazy. He wouldn't forgive himself.
 
Rolling himself over he pulled Kagome onto his chest. He dropped his head down to her neck and began to get intoxicated with the smell.
 
She just smells so different, so natural
 
Silently he flicked his tongue out and traced the blood lines that trailed up and down her neck. Stopped suddenly and pulled his head back and turned it to the side. Eyes' not even looking to see what was there. He tightened his grip on Kagome.
 
“Katashi why don't you save the stupid ass introduction and do what ya' have to do.”
 
---&---
 
Let me your strength Kagome.
 
It may not be a lot but it should help.
 
Hm. Thank you.
 
“Do you like the feeling of being killed with the hands that toke your woman! like the feeling of being betrayed.”
 
“Do you like the feeling of being blow up?”
 
Inuyasha screamed as he ran to him, his body flowing a faint gray, exploding with power. Drawing his fist back he released about half of the power, all the strength of him and Kagome had been left inside.
 
Katashi broke 37 walls, flying backwards into homes and street carts. Blood rapidly dripped out of his mouth. His body getting cut and torn. Inuyasha pushed Katashi more and more, moving him around like a rag doll.
 
“Are you insane, you ignorant bastard”
 
Coughing up more blood as he cocked out a laugh. His face and eyes getting drained with the little life he had left. He punched Inuyasha square in the face.
 
“You cannot escape your fate… no matter how much you try.”
 
“I think I know that already, but you still have to die. I don't care for pigs you know”
Sucking in a breath he let the rest and last of the energy built up inside his body and released it on Katashi's head and stomach. He stood for a while, with a loud thud he crumbled into the ground.
 
Inuyasha turned around despite the throbbing pain all over his body. He walked to Kagome looked at her on last time and fell back with a smile on tired and battered face. Opening his heart and soul to this amazing woman.
 
I guess Spunky… love was our fall
 
But Whenny… it also made you stronger, made us stronger. Forever in harmony. Together for eternity. Even in death, and betrayal.
 
 
So this is the end of Over the Edge.
 
I have to say that this is my favorite chapter in the entire story. I had this thing written out on my phone for a couple of days now, just parts and pieces. So it was kinda hard to piece them together and make them flow right. I probably re-wrote this ending 3 or 4 times.
 
You guys this have to read the epilogue, and tell me what you thought of it.
 
Until Next Time
 
Infintiny