InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Owned ❯ The Past ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 5: The past

Kagome yawned snuggling closer to the rock hard chest. Wait, chest? She opened her eyes and found a pair of ember eyes staring at her.

“AAAHHHHHHHHH,” she sat up one the bed, but fell off in the process.

“Morning Kitten,” Inuyasha said smiling. “Nice pj’s,” she looked downed gasping. The only think that was covering here was a small halter top that said “Touch them, I dare you,” with a pair of red bikini underwear on. She grabbed the covers to hide herself.

“What are you doing in my bed?”

“I couldn’t sleep so I came in here,” he got out the bed. He was sporting only a pair of sweat pants.

“That’s an invasion of privacy!”

“You didn’t feel that way holding me,” he said grinning.

“You can’t use that against me.”

“Yes I can since you said my name in your sleep.” She blushed remembering the exotic dream she had of him.

‘Damn him,’ she thought.

“I was dreaming about how I slowly killed you.”

“Whatever you say,” he chuckled.

“Could you please leave?”

“Sure, make sure you come down or breakfast,” he left smiling and whistling down the hall.

“This was going to happen sooner or later.” She got off the follow and prepared herself for day.

After eating breakfast with her obnoxious host, she went outside to the garden. Fortunately for her Inuyasha had business to attend to and she had the day all to herself.

“Finally, some alone time,” she said sighing and sitting under one of the many trees around her. “This place is so relaxing.” She closed her eyes and fell into a light slumber. XXX

“So Nathaniel, what is it that you want? More money” Inuyasha asked sitting down in a chair. Nathaniel called him to talk to him. At first he was reluctant to see him, but knew he had to.

“How is Kagome doing,” Nathaniel asked hesitantly.

“She’s fine; we’re having so much fun together. I don’t understand why you care so much.”

“She’s my daughter. Of course I would care about her.”

“If you cared about her, then you would have never agreed to let me have her.”

“There was no other w-”

Inuyasha through his head back laughing; “You could have taken your punishment like a real man. I was surprise that your daughter agreed as well. She cares about you when you don’t care about her.”

“I do care about her.”

“Doesn’t seem like it to. I bet you don’t even have a third of the money.” Nathaniel didn’t reply. “I’ve heard what you did to her when she was younger.”

“I-I don’t know what you are talking about.”

Inuyasha looked at him in disgust. “You make me sick. You don’t even acknowledge the fact that you hurt your own daughter; that you willingly let someone take away her innocence just because you didn’t want them to kill you. Even though that happened to her, she still comes back to you; helping you when you need it. They should have killed you,” Inuyasha stood up. “Don’t worry; I’ll never do anything like that to Kagome. I’ll treat her with respect unlike you. A crappy excuse of a father.” He walked away. All he wanted to do was go home and hold Kagome.

Nathaniel looked at his retreating form. Finally, he got up and left. Tears formed in his eyes as he made his way to his car. ‘No one will ever understand what I had to do,’ he thought sadly. XXX

Daddy, why are we here,” asked a five year old Kagome. Nathaniel and Kagome stood outside near a back alley. It was the middle of the night and Kagome was shaking.

“Do as I tell you.” Nathaniel said completely ignoring her.

“But-”

“No buts,” a group of men walked up to them.

“Where’s our money,” one said.

“Look, I don’t have it.”

“You had two weeks!”

“Daddy, I don’t like these people,” Kagome said holding on Nathaniel’s pants leg. “Can we leave?”

“We’ll how is this little girl,” the one in the black coat asked kneeing down to her level.

“She’s my daughter.”

He grinned. “Let me have your daughter and we’ll call it even.”

“Daddy I don’t-”

“Fine,” little Kagome looked at him in horror.

“NO!” the man grabbed her.

“Kagome, you will do this if you love your father,” he said. Kagome looked at her father with tears in her eyes. She let the man take her in the alley. She watched as her father turned his back away from them. The group of men grinned down at her.

“This is gonna be fun.”

“NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” XXX

Kagome woke up screaming. Tears can down her face and she was shaking violently.

“Kagome,” arms encircled her. “It’s okay, I’m here.” Not know who it was, she griped on them for dear life crying her eyes out. After awhile she looked up and saw that it was Inuyasha. “It’s okay Kagome. No one is going to hurt you. I won’t let them.” He gently wiped her tears and pulled her close, never letting her go.

‘Why is he being so…’ instead of pulling away, she let him hold her.

Before she knew it, she was in her bed still in Inuyasha’s arms.

“I’ll be right back,” he said kissing her head. He let go and left the room.

Kagome sat up, “I let him see me cry,” she said to herself. “I let him see me break down.”

Inuyasha walked back in with a glass of water. “Here you go.”

“Thank you,” she took the glass and drunk the water. After she was done, they were engulfed in silence.

“Kagome-”

“Please don’t say anything. I’m sorry you had to see me cry.”

“Kagome,” he sighed and sat next to her, wrapping his arm around her shoulder. “It’s okay.”

“It’s not okay,” she whispered.

“Don’t shut me out. Tell me why you were crying.”

“It was nothing.”

“I’m here for you; all you have to do is talk to me.”

“I can’t,” tears welled up in her eyes again.

“Kagome-”

“Just hold me,” and that’s what he did. He held her as she drifted off to sleep.