InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Owned ❯ Truth comes out ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 8: Truth comes out

Kagome walked around the garden, enjoying the chirp of the birds and the gentle breeze. After last night she was in a good mood. After the stunt Inuyasha pulled, they tried out a few more games. They went in the bumper carts and did the ring toss.

“Such a beautiful day out,” she said sighing.

“Kagome, your lunch is ready,” Raiza said walking over to her.

“Okay,” Kagome followed Lisa to the patio. Various fruits and sandwiches were placed across the table. “I hope this food isn’t all for me?”

“Master Inuyasha will be joining you,” Kagome groaned inwardly, but straightened quickly.

‘He will not ruin my day,’ she thought to herself sitting in one of the many chairs at the table. As soon as she was seated, Inuyasha walked in.

“Good afternoon my beautiful Kitten,” Inuyasha said taking a seat. “Lovely day isn’t it?”

“Yes it is,” she made herself a plate and quietly began eating.

“I hope you enjoyed last night. I know I did,” he grinned at her.

Blushing she looked down. “I had better,” she said casually.

“Oh, really?”

“Yep,” she smiled knowing she got him.

“With whom?”

“Does it matter,” she finally looked up at him. He had a scowl on his face.

“Yes it matters. I want to know every last detail of you night so I can plan one that is a hundred times better.”

‘I wonder why he cares so much.’ She tilted her head and looked in to his eyes. ‘Is he jealous?’ Before she could respond to him, Raiza walked in.

“I do not mean to interrupt you lunch-”

“Than don’t!”

“Inuyasha, just because you have a little attitude you don’t take it out on other people.”

“Whatever,” he grounded out.

Sighing she looked at Raiza smiling. “I’m sorry Raiza, what were you saying?”

She hesitated before beginning. “There are two people at the door for you Kagome. They said their names were Ayame and Sango.”

Her smile dropped as she stared at Raiza in shock. “Are you sure that those are their names?”

“Yes,” Kagome quickly got up and ran to the front door.

‘What are they doing here?’ she stopped and saw them.

“Hey Kagome,” Ayame said smiling.

“What are you guys doing here?”

“Well, we saw you two last night and we decided to make sure Inuyasha is right for you,” said Ashley, Ayame nodded in agreement.

“How many times do I have to tell you guys that we are not and I repeat not dating,” Kagome said furiously.

“But we saw him kiss you at the carnival.”

Kagome thought back to yesterday. “He didn’t kiss me.”

“Actually I did,” Inuyasha said walking in. Kagome glared at him as he wrapped his arms around her. “You don’t have to be so modest Kitten.”

“Awe you two have pet names, I wish Koga and I had them,” Ayame pouted.

Kagome rolled her eyes. “Anyway, I appreciate ya’ll coming here, but it was not necessary.” She pulled away from Inuyasha.

“That’s not nice sending them away when they just got here,” Inuyasha pointed out. “I would be honored if you two would stay awhile.”

“Of course,” they said quickly.

Kagome threw her hands up. “Fine you guys can stay.”

“Thanks Kagome,” they hugged her. Inuyasha left to give them some privacy.

“I need to tell you guys something very important.” She led them to the couch in the living room.

“Is it really bad,” Sango asked hesitantly.

“A little; let me tell you why I’m really here.” After a long explanation

“So you’re telling us that your dumbass dad let you get owned by him,” Ayame said furiously. Kagome simply nodded.

“And you went along with it!”

“He’s my father, the only family I have. What was I suppose to do?”

“Tell him to rot in hell.” Sango nodded.

“I can’t say that to him.”

“Do you honestly believe that he will get the money,” asked Ayame.

“I…don’t know,” Kagome looked down. “Maybe there is something I could do to help.”

“You’ve done enough. Besides, it doesn’t seem like he is treating you wrong.”

“He’s not, but…” Kagome trailed off not knowing what to say.

“He seems very interesting,” Sango mused. “The choker was a nice touch.” Sango and Ayame laughed as Kagome glared at them.

“I like him, he seems good for you,” Ayame said.

“Whatever you say,” Kagome rolled her eyes.

“Have you spoken to Nathaniel lately?”

“No, I haven’t spoken to him since that night.”

“How long has it been since then?”

“Since that day,” Kagome thought for a second before answering. “It’s been three weeks I think.” Kagome couldn’t believe how long it had been. She was starting to lose hope of her father ever getting the money.

“Wow, that’s a long time. Maybe we can give him some of our pay check every time we get paid,” Sango suggested.

“No, I cannot let you guys do that.”

“But Kagome-”

“No, it’s okay.” She smiled. “I really like being here.”

“Don’t we know,” Ayame said grinning.

Sango glanced at her watch. “We should be going. It’s getting late.” Kagome walked them to the door. “It was nice seeing you Kagome.”

“Yeah, you guys should come over more often.”

“After you told us to leave? I don’t think so,” they laughed. Saying good bye, they left. Kagome went back to the living room and smiled.

‘I have such good friends,’ she sat on the couch in deep thought. ‘I wonder if Nathaniel even cares about me.’ her thoughts changed to Inuyasha. ‘Living here is not so bad.’ She watched as Inuyasha walked in. ‘Could this be a sign? Am I destined to be with him?’ shaking her head, she smiled and prepared herself for Inuyasha’s twisted mind.