InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Owned ❯ Just the two of us...maybe ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 11: Just the two of us…maybe

Kagome got up extra early to pack. She was so excited about going on the trip with Inuyasha.

“This is going to be awesome,” she said laughing. She glanced at Aiko, her kitten, on the bed. Aiko was staring at her attentively. Walking over to her, Kagome petted her head. “I’m sorry Aiko, but I have leave for awhile.” Aiko meowed. “Don’t worry, Raiza is going to take good care of you while I’m gone.” she meowed again.

Kagome’s door opened and Inuyasha walked in. “Are you ready to go,” he asked.

“Yep, I’m all set.” she placed luggage on the floor. “You didn’t even say how long we were going to be gone.”

“A week,” he said absently. He grabbed her luggage as she grabbed Aiko off the bed. Together they headed down stairs; Zeinzu and Raiza were waiting for them. Handing Aiko to Raiza, Kagome smiled.

“Do not worry Kagome, I will take good care of Aiko for you,” Raiza said bowing slightly.

“I know you will,” she turned to Inuyasha and watched him finish his conversation with Zeinzu. Once done he walked back other to her.

“Ready now,” he asked. She nodded and waved to Zeinzu and Raiza as they walked out the door. Inuyasha placed their luggage in the car and climbed in. “You have everything?”

“Yes now let’s go,” Kagome said getting impatient. Chuckling, he drove off to their destination. Kagome wondered why Inuyasha choose to take a trip now. It was bothering her to no end.

‘I asked already, but he didn’t really give me an answer,’ she thought quietly to herself. She glanced over at him deciding whether or not to bring up the topic. Deciding against it, she pulled out her journal. It was a journal of her feels in the form of poems. It had been awhile since she last wrote anything and decided now would be a good time. Quietly, she wrote drowning out all the distractions around her. Twenty minutes later, she was done.

“Finally, I’m done,” she said out loud, admiring her new work.

“What you got there,” Inuyasha asked for the first time.

“Nothing important.”

“It must be if you’re smiling.”

“Why are you so nosy?”

“I just want to know.”

“Fine, it’s a poem.”

“Can I hear it.”

She hesitated. “You’re just gonna laugh.”

“No I won’t.”

“I don’t believe you.”

“Please tell me.”

“Fine,” she sighed and read. “It’s called darkness. Tears flowing down my cheek

I wonder why I always weep

The steady path my tears flow

Why have I sunk so low

On my bed I lay awake

Wondering when I will break

From this dark and empty space

And leave without a trace

Darkness swallowing me up whole

If this keeps up, I will have no soul

An empty vessel I will become

I will forever be undone

Never will I see the light

It is out of my reach, my sight

Forever being in this darkness

Never leaving this fortress.” After she finished, silence followed.

“That was real deep,” he finally said.

She rolled her eyes not believing him. “Like you know what deep is.”

“I do too,” he pouted. “I know poetry.”

“Yea right.”

“Why do you always doubt me?”

“So you’re tell me that you write.”

“Yea,” she shook her head. “I can say one since you don’t believe me.”

“Fine, tell me one. Let me be amazed at your awesome power,” Kagome said sarcastically.

Ignoring her he cleared his throat. “It’s called broken. I trusted you with my heart

But you threw it away

You can into my life

But never stayed

I was so lost without you

So torn up inside

You left me all alone to wither and die

I will never forgive you

You brought me so much pain

I thought you were in love for me

But I guess that was insane

Never will I love you again

Or let you back in my life

It’s time to say good-bye.”

Kagome winced as he spoke knowing that it was about his ex girlfriend. ‘She must have really hurt him.’

“What do you think? Pretty good if I say so myself.”

“It was amazing. Very deep.”

“Of course,” he grinned.

“I’m never giving you a compliment again,” she said dryly. He just laughed. Kagome smiled and gazed out the window. “What was the real reason you wanted to take a trip?”

“Do you want a honest answer?”

“Of course.”

“Okay, I was hoping that while we are alone I could finally have my way with you. You know, have you strip for.” She glared at him. “I’m just kidding.”

“Yea right,” she said furiously.

“I was honestly.”

“Stop playing around and tell me the truth.”

“Okay, the reason why I wanted to take this trip was because I wanted to spend time with you.” Her eyes widened as he continued. “I want to know more about you and it’s kind of difficult when we’re surrounded by people everyday.”

“You could always look me up,” she whispered.

“But that’s no fun. I want to here everything from you.”

“Oh,” Kagome didn’t know what to say. She didn’t know if she should believe Inuyasha or not.

“You should sleep, it will be awhile before we get there.” Nodding, she leaned back in her seat and drifted off. XXX

“Kagome wake up,” Inuyasha shook her gently.

“Five more minutes,” she mumbled.

“But we’re here,” she opened her eyes and yawned. Stretching she realized how could she was and saw snow out her window. Inuyasha handed her a coat before getting out. She climbed out somberly, shivering.

“Why couldn’t we go to the Bahamas or Paris,” she whined. “Why did if have to be the mountains.”

“Did you know that you complain a lot,” Inuyasha asked grabbing there luggage.

“You can kiss my frozen ass.”

“How I wish I could, but I will soon.” Kagome blushed and headed the cabin. It was average sized. Looking through the window she spotted the fire place.

“Is anyone suppose to be here,” she asked as Inuyasha walked over to her.

“No, why do you ask,” he unlocked the door.

“Well, the fire place is on.”

“What,” he walked in and went directly to the living room but stopped. She stopped behind him and glanced over his shoulder.

She spotted a man sitting in the chair in front of the fire place. “Who is that?”

“My father,” Inuyasha said never removing his eyes from him.

“Well damn.”