InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Owned ❯ Father ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 12: Father

“Dad, why are you here,” Inuyasha asked dryly.

His dad smiled at him and looked behind him. “Don’t be rude Inuyasha." he got up and walked over to him. Inuyasha blocked his view of Dawn. “Who is this lovely young woman?”

“No one.” Kagome elbowed him and stepped from behind him.

He laughed. “My name is Inutaisho.” He extended his hand. She grabbed it and shook.

“What is with you guys and sliver hair. I wonder if everyone in his family has it,” she mumbled to herself. Amusement sparkled in his eyes. “My name is Kagome.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Kagome.”

“Okay now that the introductions are done, dad can you tell me why you are here,” Inuyasha jumped in.

“I thought a change of scenery would be nice.”

‘Okay, now I am definitely convinced that Inutaisho is Inuyasha’s father,’ Kagome thought. Inuyasha balled his hands up. “Well, I’m afraid you have to leave.”

“Inuyasha-” Kagome began.

“No, it’s all right,” Inutaisho said growing sad. “If my own son doesn’t want me here, then it is best that I leave.”

“Please don’t go Inutaisho, you were here first so Inuyasha is just gonna have to deal with it,” she said glaring at him.

“No!”

“Yes!”

“No,” Inuyasha said stubbornly and turned his back.

“Can you give us a sec?” she asked calmly. Inutaisho nodded as Kagome pulled Inuyasha to the side. “Inuyasha, you can’t kick your father out, that’s not fair.”

“It is too fair. I don’t want him here.”

“But he was here before us.”

“So,” Kagome sighed ready to give up. “It’s only suppose to be you and me.”

“Inuyasha…how about you let him stay. I’ll do anything.”

He looked at her. “Anything?”

Kagome knew that she set herself up, but didn’t care and was ready to face the consequences. “It all depends on what it is.”

“Fair enough,” he smiled and walked over to his dad.

‘That was to easy,’ she narrowed her eyes at him. ‘He’s up to something. It’s like he planned this or something.’ Shaking her head, she walked over to them.

“Thank you for convincing him to let me stay,” Inutaisho said smiling.

“No problem.”

“I’ll be so quiet, you won’t know I am even here.”

“Okay,” Kagome yawned. “Well, I’m gonna turn in. All this excitement has worn me out,” she grabbed her suitcase. “Does it matter what room I take?” Inutaisho and Inuyasha shook their heads. “Okay than, good night.” She went upstairs.

Inuyasha directed his attention to Inutaisho who was smiling at him. “Why are you really here?”

“Does it matter,” Inutaisho shot back.

“I know you’re up to something,” he glared at him.

“You know, Kagome reminds me of your mother.” Inuyasha flinched as if burned. “She seems like a pretty nice girl.”

“Father-”

“You never brought anyone here since that “woman.” I wonder why.”

“It’s none of your business.”

“It is my business. I made a promise to your mo-”

“I don’t want to here it,” Inuyasha looked away from him.

Inutaisho looked at him with sadness. “When are you gonna move on. Your mother has been dead for years.”

“You don’t seem like you care,” he said furiously.

“What makes you think I don’t care? Do you want me to stay in the past like you,” Inutaisho asked warily walking over to the chair by the fire place and sitting. “You have always taken her death the hardest.”

“She died because of me.”

“You keep tell yourself that when it’s not true. If anyone should be depressed after all these years, it should be me. She was my wife Inuyasha, my soul mate. I know that there will never be anyone to replace her. She wouldn’t have wanted me to mourn, she would want me to move on. That’s something you need to do.” Inuyasha stood there quiet. “Does Kagome know?”

“She doesn’t know much.”

“Umm…maybe you should tell her.”

“Maybe,” that said, he grabbed his things and went up.

Inutaisho sighed and rubbed his temple. “What am I gonna do with that boy,” he gazed into the fire. “I hope you can help him Kagome.”

XXX

Kagome woke up to the smell of breakfast. “I wonder who’s cooking.” getting up, she quickly dressed and went downstairs and into the kitchen.

Inutaisho was standing over the stove. He turned to her with a smile. “Good morning Kagome down. Grab a seat, breakfast is almost ready.” he turned back to his work.

“Wow, it sure smells good.” she took a seat.

“Yea, my wife taught me everything I know.”

“I’m sorry about your wife.”

“Don’t be,” he smiled. “She’s in a better place.”

“Yea, my mother is too.”

“Oh, well I’m sure your mother and my wife are having a good time together.” Kagome laughed, enjoying his company. He walked over with two plates and sat down. “So are you and Inuyasha dating?”

She blushed and looked at her food. “No.”

“Oh, why did he bring you here?”

“To be honest, I don’t know. He just wanted to come down here.”

“You two knew each other for awhile?”

“Yea, not very long.”

“I see,” he began to eat.

Kagome started to feel like a trapped mouse. ‘Why is he asking me all these questions.’

“So how did you two meet?”

“My father introduced us.” she said wanting to stay close to the truth as possible.

“He must have realized that Inuyasha is a good man for you.”

“Yea, good man,” she mumbled.

“What’s that on your neck? Did Inuyasha give that to you?”

Kagome began to panic. “Well…yes but-”

“Is that a bell on it?“

She groaned feeling embarrassed. “Yes.”

He laughed. “I remember when I gave my wife something like that.” She looked at him dumbly as he continued to laugh. “The bell thou was heart shaped.”

‘He is definitely Inuyasha’s dad,’ she thought horridly.

“What’s with all the noise?” Kagome turned around and saw Inuyasha walking in.

“Good morning son, I was just admiring your gift you gave Kagome.”

Inuyasha grinned. “I got the idea from you.” he fixed his self a plate and sat next to Kagome. “Good morning.”

“Yea, morning,” Kagome mumbled.

“So Inuyasha, Kagome told me that you two are not dating.”

“Of course we’re dating.” Inuyasha wrapped his arm around Kagome. “She’s just shy about telling people. Did you know that her father introduced us. It was love at first site.” he kissed her cheek. Kagome wanted to bash his head in, but sat quietly instead.

“Like I told her, he must have known you were a good man for her.”

“Yep,”

Kagome stood up. “I think I’m gonna look around.”

“Don’t go, stay. I want to know more about how you two met,” Inutaisho said.

“I’ll tell you all about it father,” Inuyasha said with a grin.

“Well since he’s gonna tell you, I think I will just-”

“Stay and help me tell him.” Kagome sighed and sat back down. “Well, it was…” as Inuyasha told the story of how Kagome and him “met” she wondered how he was able to make up such a story so fast.

‘He never cease to amaze me,’ she thought smiling.