InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Resolved ❯ Conclusion ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3 Conclusion
 
Kagura continued to search for Naraku's heart. She searched all night. But she wasn't able to find it. She had used every clue she could think of to find it. She had searched into the morning also but she found nothing.
 
Flying high she spotted a little girl on the ground. The girl was waving to her. Thinking that it was odd Kagura circled around.
 
She watched as the little girl motioned her to come to her. Kagura didn't have the time for this. But she figured why not.
 
Kagura soared down to the little girl. The little girl turned out to be one of Kikyo's shikigami. She released her feather and put it back in her hair.
 
“Do you have any news?” She asks the little girl cutting right to the chase. If the girl was here Kikyo wanted her to know something.
 
“Kikyo wanted me to give you this,” Asuka said. She was the one that looks younger out of the two, mainly because of her voice and height. She has two ponytails at the side of her head, and wears a blue kimono.
 
Kagura took the talisman of sorts. “What does it do?” She asks.
 
“It will shield you from Nakaru's gaze when you find the heart,” Asuka answered.
 
“Heh,” Kagura replied. “What good does that do when I can't find it?”
 
“Kikyo has found it.”
 
“And she hasn't gone after it?”
 
“She has her reasons,” Asuka states. “She wants me to show you the way.”
 
Kagura followed the girl although she was suspicious. If Kikyo knew where the heart of Naraku was why didn't she go after it? She was sure Kikyo knew they separated.
 
“We are here,” Asuka said after their walk.
 
“Inside this castle?” Kagura asks.
 
“Yes,” Asuka says.
 
Kagura steps forward. The talisman lights up. Now things were getting interesting. She took out the shards that turned colors the closer it got to Naraku's heart. They were the darkest color they could be. Naraku's heart was inside alright. But why didn't Kikyo go after it.
 
“Well, this is good bye,” Kagura said looking back at the little girl. She wasn't going to come. Or maybe she couldn't the talisman acted up when she drew close. She could sense Naraku now.
 
“Kikyo told me one more thing to tell you,” Asuka said.
 
“Which is?” Kagura asked.
 
“You don't have the power to destroy the heart,” Asuka states. “Find someone who does.”
 
“What does that mean?”
 
“Naraku's heart is to evil to be destroyed. It can only be purified.”
 
“We shall just see about that shouldn't we,” Kagura said with her pride. She turned away from the girl even more suspicious.
 
Inside the castle there were no humans. Kagura felt that it was strange. But she could see the SaimyÅshÅ controlled by Naraku. He definitely had connections with this castle.
 
Kagura stepped into a room. Kanna was there. A baby lies on the floor. The baby is the heart of Naraku.
 
“Who's there?” Kanna asks turning around.
 
* *
 
Inuyasha quickly runs forward starting the battle.
 
“KAZE NO KIZO,” he cries. The cutting wind went through the air towards Naraku.
 
It hit Naraku but he is wrapped in a barrier.
 
“Heh, that won't work,” Naraku said. He made the tentacles appear and attack the group.
 
Inuyasha dodged and sliced at them.
 
Koga hit them with his feet. He clawed at them also making them brake.
 
Sango used the large boomerang to cut them down.
 
As the tentacles are sliced miasma pours out. Miasma is a poisons gas.
 
Inuyasha covered his mouth from the miasma.
 
Koga jumps out of the way.
 
Kirara takes Sango away from the miasma.
 
Kagome fires a sacred arrow. Kikyo does the same. The spiritual powers of the arrows purify the gas.
 
“Well then try this,” Inuyasha says. He jumps back down and runs at Naraku. He jumps away from the tentacles Naraku creates.
 
“Barrier shatter!!” Inuyasha shouts while using Tessaiga which has turned red.
 
Red Tessaiga and Naraku meet. But Naraku is to powerful. Inuyasha is sent flying back. A tentacle cuts his shoulder blade.
 
“Heh,” Inuyasha says holding Tessaiga and his wound. “Let's try something else.”
 
Kohaku was helpless. He hadn't started fighting yet. He knew Naraku would make him soon. He hoped Kagura would destroy Naraku's heart soon.
 
**
 
KochÅ, Kikyo's other shikigami, walks in the forest searching for the person she was told to meet with Kikyo. She is taller then Asuka and older. She has a ponytail at the back of her head, like Kikyo. She wears a light yellow kimono.
 
She can feel the presence of the person not to far away. Going there she continues to walk. Finally she steps in front of him.
 
“What do you want?” The man asks. He has long white hair with bangs. He has purple marks across his cheeks and a cresent moon mark on his forehead. He is wearing armor that includes a spiked pauldron, plate armour. It covers his left shoulder attached to the upper section of his cuirass. Cuirass is a single piece of plate armor. He has on a sash. His Kimono is mostly white with a red honeycomb and flower crest at the collar, sleeves, and shoulder. He wears Sashinuki Hakama, a type of traditional flowing Japanese pants, which are gathered at the ankles producing a ballooning effect. His footwear consists of flat pointed ankle-high boots. At his side is two swords named Tenseiga and TÅkijin. His name is Sesshomaru, the half brother of Inuyasha.
 
“Who is this?” Asks a short toad demon named Jaken.
 
“I am one of Kikyo's shikigami,” KochÅ replies.
 
“What are you doing here?” Jaken asks.
 
“I have been told to inform you the whereabouts of Naraku,” KochÅ replied.
 
Sesshomaru's eyes darkened. He didn't say anything. He didn't ask why.
 
“Why would Kikyo want to tell us this? She after all is the former lover of that half breed Inuyasha,” Jaken says. Surprisingly Sesshomaru doesn't hit him for saying Inuyasha's name. “She would tell him before she would tell us. Doesn't she also want to destroy Naraku/”
 
“You should be able to feel Naraku's presence shortly,” KochÅ only says ignoring Jaken.
 
Sesshomaru looked to where he could fell the presence of Naraku. It was as the girl told. He didn't care why Kikyo has sent her shikigami to tell him this. He took off running fast in that direction.
 
“Master!” Jaken cried seeing Sesshomaru leave with out a word. “Wait for me.” He ran after his master.
 
The little girl with them by the name of Rin walked over to a two headed beast. “You will take me over to Sesshomaru won't you, Ah and Un?”
 
The beasts bowed their heads. Rin got on. They flew low until Rin was able to
 
“Let me go!” Jaken cried until he realized Rin had grabbed him. “Let's go Rin.”
 
KochÅ watched them go. Her job was done.
 
**
 
It appears that the talisman that Kikyo gave Kagura hid her presence from Kanna and the baby. Naraku's insects don't notice either. Kagura decided to take the advantage of this.
 
“Do it,” Kanna said.
 
Kagura is surprised. She takes a step back. How could Kanna know she was there? She looks into Kanna's mirror and sees herself. Why doesn't Kanna take her soul?
 
Kagura lifted up her fan. “Dance of Blades,” Kagura murmured. The wind attack hit Kanna but didn't hurt the baby. The baby had a barrier around it.
 
`That isn't enough?' Kagura thought. `Well then maybe my strongest attack.'
 
“Dance of the Dragon,” Kagura murmured. Large twisters appear in the room. They rip apart the castle. They destroy Naraku's insects.
 
Kanna is badly injured. She never fights back.
 
`Why doesn't Kanna fight back? Does she want to die?' Kagura thinks. Her eyes move to the baby. It still is a sleep. A barrier still protects it. `Is my power not enough?'
 
“As you can see your power is not enough,” Asuka says appearing behind Kagura.
 
“Heh,” Kagura says. She blasts another Dance of Dragon but it still has no effect on the child. `Is my power not enough?' Kagura thinks again.
 
“You need someone who can break the spell,” Asuka tells Kagura.
 
Kagura's eyes darken. She didn't like the idea of bringing the baby anywhere. Could she even take the baby?
 
“The talisman will allow you to bring the baby where you want it,” Asuka explained.
 
“Heh,” Kagura said. She walked over to where Kanna was near the baby. Why hadn't she block Kagura's attack? Did Kanna want to die? She looked at the first one born from Naraku. Blood was coming from her mouth. Kanna was going to die.
 
“Why didn't she stop you?” Asuka asked.
 
“That…” Kagura started. She looked at Kanna. It was something she didn't know.
 
“Free?” Kanna says with her last breath. She slowly disappears.
 
`Kanna? Did you also want to be free?' Kagura thinks. `Then I will carry that with me. I will be free.' Kagura picks up the baby. She knows now where she has to go.
 
“Are you going?” Asuka asks.
 
“Heh,” Kagura says. She takes out a feather and leaves in the air. The baby is in her arms. It is still asleep.
 
Asuka watched Kagura going. She wondered wither or not her job was done.
 
**
 
Inuyasha holds up Tessaiga. There should be one way to break Naraku's barrier. But he needed help for it.
 
“Hey Koga,” Inuyasha says.
 
Koga lands near Inuyasha not on purpose. He was busy avoiding and slashing Naraku's tentacles.
 
“What dog turd?” Koga asks.
 
“There is a way I can break Naraku's barrier but you need to distract him,” Inuyasha says.
 
“Heh,” Koga says. “I'll do much more then that.” Koga speeds into the battle. The shards in his legs are still protected against the dead Miko's will. He has one chance to keep them protected. He had to destroy Naraku. He slashes and dodges Naraku's tentacles.
 
Tessaiga in Inuyasha's hand starts to change. Its appearance slowly changes to look like it is covered with fragmented crystals.
 
“It appears Inuyasha will be using that,” Miroku says. He cuts through another tentacle. Miasma appears.
 
Kagome blasts it away with a sacred arrow.
 
“Thanks Kagome,” Miroku says.
 
Kagome nods at him. Inuyasha was going to use that attack. He needed everybody for it. She points her arrows at the first time at Naraku.
 
As if on cue Miroku and Sango aim their attacks on Miroku. This was the final battle. No matter what happened they wouldn't hold back. Although they had to avoid Kohaku who was still by his side.
 
Inuyasha ran at Naraku. He continued to dodge all the attacks until finally he was in attacking range.
 
“KongÅsÅha!” Inuyasha yelled out. Tessaiga made a whip attack. It made many shards of spear-like crystals shoot out with the ability to penetrate Naraku's barrier.
 
Naraku's barrier was finally shattered.
 
Koga took the opportunity and dive at Naraku. He used his transformed claws to stab him.
 
Naraku smiled an evil smile.
 
Koga's face changed to surprise. Naraku was going to be ripped to shreds.
 
Naraku remade his body almost instantly after Inuyasha's attack. He grabbed a hold of Koga by his legs. He changed his body to look like spikes.
 
Koga tried to escape but he couldn't. Naraku was encasing him. Two tentacles went towards Koga's legs.
 
Midoriko's will activate. Koga has protection so he was still able to move his leg despite Midoriko's will wanting the purified shards to be absorbed by Naraku. He knew if he didn't escape that this protection would be in vain.
 
Kagome pulled back an arrow and shot it at Naraku. The arrow went through the air with light surrounding it. It finally hit Naraku making him lose Koga. Naraku replaced his body that was damaged.
 
Koga jumped away from Naraku.
 
Naraku took this chance to attack his friends. Two tentacles went towards both Ginta and Hakkaku.
 
Seeing Naraku's intention Koga went quickly towards his friends in order to save them. He pushed them down in time making them avoid Naraku's tentacles. But that wasn't Naraku's goal originally. His tentacles snaked around Koga's legs ripping out the shards and making him fall to the ground.
 
“Koga!” Ginta cries.
 
“You lost your shards because of us,” Hakkaku says. His and Ginta's face both show agony.
 
“It doesn't matter,” Koga says. Koga's feet feel like heavy lead weights. He grunts in pain. He can't stand up. Ginta and Hakkaku move to protect him.
 
Kagome saw the power of Midoriko's will around the shards. Would it work? She strummed an arrow. She caught Kikyo's eye. The older girl was telling her to allow the shards to be absorbed.
 
Naraku took the shards in. But do to the power of his poisons it didn't work.
 
Kagome looks at him. Where is the Shikon no Tama?
 
“Now Kohaku come here,” Naraku said.
 
Kohaku jumped away from Naraku.
 
Sango's face turned to surprise. Kohaku wasn't listening to Naraku. Could Kohaku be free?
 
Kagome's eyes turned to the shard in Kohaku's back it was purified. Kikyo must have done it.
 
 
* *
 
Sesshomaru has traveled far. He can feel that he is getting closer. He finally steps onto the battle field with Naraku commanding Kohaku to come to him.
 
“Sesshomaru?” Inuyasha says sensing his brother. He turns to him.
 
Sesshomaru quickly pulls out TÅkijin joining into the fight. The tentacles of Naraku are no match for him. With every swing of TÅkijin he created powerful waves of blue energy. He doesn't even have to worry about the poison gas.
 
He slices Naraku in half. Naraku easily rebuilds himself. Sesshomaru jumps away dodging Naraku's attack.
 
Naraku uses a beam attack on Sesshomaru. He sends out a purple zigzag beam attack that extends from his fingers into the tentacles. It zooms towards Sesshomaru.
 
Sesshomaru jumps further back. He keeps on jumping while he brings up TÅkijin to block it. But that wasn't only Naraku's attack.
 
Inuyasha is busy trying to slice his way towards Naraku. He is now the closest one.
 
Sango had landed near Kohaku. They stare at each other. Not knowing what to see.
 
“Sister,” Kohaku finally says. He looks down at the ground.
 
Kagome watches while this happens. She believes Kohaku has remembered everything.
 
Naraku sends a tentacle to the back of Sesshomaru who is busy reflecting his beam. The tentacle is in Sesshomaru's blind spot. It goes straight towards him.
 
As the tentacle approaches Sesshomaru Rin jumps from Ah and Un. They have finally made it to the battle grounds.
“What are you doing Rin?” Jaken cries. He takes over steering Ah and Un and they fly down towards Rin.
 
Shippo can see what is happening he quickly runs towards Rin trying to interrupt her and Naraku's tentacle.
 
“Sesshomaru!” Jaken shouts. He finally sees what Rin saw. His master is in danger. He also jumps from Ah and Un trying to save his master. “Get out of the way Rin!” He holds up his staff.
 
Rin falls in front of Naraku's tentacle. Shippo pushes her out of the way and tries to escape himself. The tentacle spreads apart.
 
Jaken uses the Staff of the Heads. One head shouts out fire. It destroys the tentacles that are meant to attack Sesshomaru. The fire dies away.
 
The tentacle quickly rebuilds. It splits into five.
 
Jaken doesn't have enough time to use the staff fire again. A tentacle pierces through him. It holds him in the air.
 
A tentacle hits Rin next. She can't dodge it.
 
Shippo dodges the tentacle but it does finally pierce him.
 
“Shippo!” Inuyasha cries running towards him.
 
Ah and Un try to move away but the tentacle goes into them. They are suspended in air.
 
The final split of the tentacle goes after Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru has had enough time to block the beam ray of Naraku. He turns around and a blue light wave destroys the tentacle.
 
He uses TÅkijin to destroy the tentacles that have hurt those who tried to save him. Jaken, Ah, and Un fall to the ground.
 
Sesshomaru stands over Rin. She is dead. Tenseiga doesn't react for some reason. He quickly sheaths TÅkijin. He pulls out Tenseiga. He sees the pallbearer demons that take away the souls of the dead. He cuts them away. Rin returns to life.
 
As Sesshomaru's back is turned Naraku sends out another beam. It hits the unaware full blooded demon. He falls to the ground.
 
Rin stands up. She crawls towards Sesshomaru.
 
“Sesshomaru,” She sobs sitting down next to him. Blood starts to flow from his wound. He doesn't move.
 
While this is going on Kagome tries to run towards Shippo but Naraku's tentacle attacks her.
 
“Kagome!” Inuyasha cries changing routes. He runs after the girl.
 
Kagome jumps back with a small wound on her chest. Her hand touches her chest. She had lost her piece of the Shikon no Tama.
 
She notices it on the ground. The shard has the same glow as Koga's shards did. She reaches for them but doesn't touch it. She looks up at Kikyo. Their eyes meet. Kagome stopped her hand for a second. This act lets Naraku have the shards.
 
She notices that Kikyo is weak. It must be a draw back from using Midoriko's soul. Kikyo doesn't have too much time left.
 
“Kagome!” Inuyasha cries finally appearing next to the girl. “Are you okay?”
 
“I am fine,” Kagome says. She watches as Naraku takes her part of the Shikon no Tama. His dark aura again changes the shards evil. Why wasn't it working? Where was the part of the Shikon no Tama Naraku had?
 
“What happened to your Shikon no Tama?” He asks as she holds her chest.
 
“Naraku has it,” Kagome says.
 
**
 
Kagura could feel it. She wasn't to far away from where she had to be. Finally reaching there she sets down near the injured Sesshomaru.
 
“Kagura? You act to betray me,” Naraku says feeling that his heart is there.
 
Kagura had brought Naraku's heart.
 
“Kagome? Kikyo? Please purify his heart that is the only way to destroy him.” Kagura says. She sets the baby on the ground.
 
Naraku smiles. He pulls out Kagura's heart. Kagura stares at it.
 
Kagome and Kikyo both let go sacred arrows. They fly towards Naraku's heart.
 
Naraku squeezes Kagura's heart killing her.
 
Naraku uses his tentacles to remove the baby. No one was near enough to stop him. The baby moves quickly towards him.
 
Inuyasha tries to cut it. But there is a barrier around the baby. So Inuyasha tries to cut the tentacles. The tentacles just keep on producing. Some go after Inuyasha making it harder.
 
Sango can't help she is with her brother. Koga is out of fighting. Sesshomaru is hurt. He finally picks himself up. He isn't close enough to stop the absorption.
 
Kagura is almost dead.
 
“I am glad,” Kagura says looking at Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru looks at her. “I got to see you.” She starts to disappear.
 
Sesshomaru doesn't respond to her.
 
“At least in the end I am free,” Kagura says before she disappears. All that is left of Kagura is a gust of wind and a feather. She is gone from this Earth.
 
Kagome starts to cry. She had been right in trusting Kagura. Kagura had risked her life bringing Naraku's heart to them. But now she had died. She never got to be free.
 
Naraku reforms with his heart. The two sacred arrows missed their orginal target. They are on the ground where Kagura disappeared until their power was exhausted.
 
Kagome dries her tears. They must destroy Naraku at all cost.
 
Sesshomaru is already attacking Naraku more forcibly then before. Did he feel something for his hurt comrades?
 
Kagome and Kikyo both feel the Shikon no Tama. It was inside the baby. Now Naraku has almost all of the Shikon no Tama. All that is left is the shard on Kohaku's back.
 
“Inuyasha,” Kagome says. “The Shikon no Tama is almost complete. It is now inside Naraku. For the sack of Kohaku we most destroy him.” After that she could check on Shippo. She prayed that he would hold on until then.
 
“I know,” Inuyasha grumbles. He had to hurry. Shippo could be dead. He moves away from Kagome. He swings at the tentacles splitting them apart. Poison gas appears and Kagome uses an arrow to blow it away.
 
Naraku decides it is time to attack Kohaku. He uses Sango as bait. The two are distracted with each other still.
 
Naraku's tentacle goes after Sango.
 
“Sango!” Miroku cries running to her aid but he is to far away.
 
Kohaku sees it in the last minute and destroys it. But his back is turned towards Naraku. Another tentacle pierces through Kohaku near the shard.
 
Sango reacts she destroys the tentacle with her wakizashi. A wakizashi is a shorter one handed sword then a katana. Both Sango and Kohaku are protected from the miasma due to wearing their demon exterminator's mask. She grabs onto Kohaku before he falls to the ground. Her face reveals her anger towards Naraku.
 
“Sister, I have caused much pain,” Kohaku says.
 
Sango places her brother down a little but still in her arms. She looks at him in the face. She knows he remembers everything.
 
“You have been in much pain,” Sango says with her face soft.
 
Tears fall from Kohaku's eyes. His sister didn't hate him.
 
Naraku didn't rest. He used two beams to attack Kagome and Kikyo while they were distracted.
 
Kikyo was too weak to stop it. Kagome was distracted. It was too late for either to stop the attack.
 
Inuyasha saw it all. He jumped into the path of the beam that attacked Kikyo. He blocked it with Tessiga while that was happening a tentacle went towards her.
 
Kagome watched as Inuyasha protected Kikyo. It hurt her deeply inside. She moved slightly and took the force of the beam. She flew back and landed on her back.
 
She touches her wound on her shoulder. The wound is deep and would need medical treatment eventually. It wasn't what hurt though. She slowly stands up holding her wound. She watches as Inuyasha continues to protect Kikyo.
 
The tentacle of Naraku moves towards Kikyo. Kagome sees it. She mouths a word but it is too late.
 
The tentacle of Naraku stops from hitting Kikyo. Inuyasha has finally blocked Naraku's beam.
 
Sango makes a decision after seeing Naraku stop. Kohaku is still in her arms. She moves to hug him.
 
“Sister?” Kohaku says to her. “You must give the shard to Kikyo.”
 
Tears start to well in Sango's eyes.
 
“Sister? You must,” Kohaku says. He coughs up blood.
 
“It's okay Kohaku,” Sango said to her brother. “It's okay brother. You have suffered more then enough.”
 
They stare into each others eyes. Sango can't help but think of her poor brothers fate and what she is about to do. Her tears flow from her eyes.
 
“I have found a way to heal your heart. To save your soul,” Sango tells him. She pulls out the shard on Kohaku's back. He dies in her arms.
 
“Kikyo!” Sango cries. “Take this,” She flings the shard at Kikyo. Kikyo catches it with one hand. “I leave it to you.”
 
“No,” Kagome cries. She can't believe Sango did that.
 
“Sango?” Inuyasha says questioning the girl's action.
 
“I will save Kohaku's soul,” Sango says. She pulls out her wakizashi. She stabs herself with it.
 
Miroku has finally reached Sango. He grabs hers before she falls. She is bleeding badly.
 
“Houshi-sama,” Sango says into his eyes. “I am sorry.”
 
“No no no,” Miroku keeps on repeating that word.
 
“I am sorry I can't keep our promise,” she says then blood tinkles from her mouth. “I will guide Kohaku's soul.”
 
Sango dies in Miroku's arm.
 
Miroku is crying. He sets her down. He closes her eyes. He stands up. He holds up his hand that contains the KazÄna a.k.a. Wind Tunnel.
 
“KazÄna!” Miroku cries. In his grief he pulls off the sacred beads that keep the KazÄna in check. He didn't care if it killed him. He had lost Sango. He would pull in Naraku and die with him.
 
A mini-black hole appears in Miroku's hand. Miroku takes in the SaimyÅshÅ then tries to take in Naraku. Naraku starts to be pulled towards him.
 
Sesshomaru who was battling with Naraku jumps back. He places TÅkijin in the ground to help anchor himself. He had ignored the signs of the impending breakage of the sword when Kagura had died. Due to the incredible stress applied to TÅkijin, the sword broke when he tried to anchor himself. Sesshomaru was surprised by the swords break but he was still able to anchor himself against the black hole.
 
Inuyasha tries to grab Kikyo but she moves away. Her goal is Naraku with this shard she can purify him if the shard meets the Shikon no Tama.
 
“Miroku stop!” Kagome yells touching Miroku's hand. She had finally walked over to him.
 
Kagome pleads with him to stop. She tells him it won't bring Sango back. It wasn't what Sango would want.
 
He finally does stop. He replaces the sacred beads. He falls due to the stress of the poison on his body. Inuyasha catches him.
 
“Stupid Monk,” Inuyasha tells him. He places him on the ground.
 
Naraku now had power over his tentacles. He wraps one around Kikyo. She doesn't fight him. He brings her in.
 
“Inuyasha,” Kagome says pointing at Naraku and Kikyo.
 
Inuyasha looks at Kikyo and Naraku. “No,” he screams and runs towards them. He can't use his sword in fear he would hurt her.
 
Naraku has brought Kikyo to himself. He touches the shard. It starts to purify him. But Kikyo is no longer strong she took the gamble with other Miko's soul. She had wasted far too much time. She had trusted the others.
 
Sesshomaru watches. He can feel Kikyo needs more power or Naraku needs to be more destroyed. He had lost his sword. He isn't weak though. His left knob of an arm lights up.
 
Kagome feels it to. She strums an arrow despite the pain in her shoulder. Kagome releases a sacred arrow.
 
Sesshomaru regenerates his left arm, which had previously been cut off by Inuyasha. Attached to the arm the sword was already in its grasp called Bakusaiga. He formed of his own upper demon power.
 
He uses the power of Bakusaiga to cut Naraku in half. The power of Bakusaiga makes it impossible for Naraku to regenerate. The half of Naraku that was cut off disappears.
 
Kagome's sacred arrow finally reaches Naraku giving Kikyo more power.
 
Kikyo uses these chances to heal Naraku and the Shikon no Tama.
 
Naraku disappears. The Shikon no Tama is scared again. The battle is finally over.
 
“Kikyo?” Inuyasha says to Kikyo. He can tell that she is weak.
 
Kagome falls down to her knees relieved the battle is over.
 
Sesshomaru walks over to his comrades and sits done. Rin checks on the fallen.
 
Naraku is gone. Miroku looks at his hand the wind tunnel vanished. He wasn't sure if he would live though. He didn't care. He had lost the woman whom he loved. The one he wanted to bare his child.
 
Kikyo looks at Inuyasha. She takes the jewel in her hand. She starts to chant.
 
Kagome knows what this means. Kikyo was taking the Shikon no Tama to hell. It is the rightful place for it after all the pain it has caused.
 
The portal of hell opens up. Kikyo holds out her hand to Inuyasha. It was the last thing she wanted to ask him. He takes her hand.