InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Liar ❯ What have you done to me? ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]


Disclaimer: Didn't we go over this? Oh well...I don't own Inu-Yasha! Sadly...but I would not mind owning Sessho-maru!

~Sweet Liar~

"Do you live in one of the local villages?" was Sessho-maru's first question.

"I live in a place you have never been," Kagome answered honestly.

"I have been everywhere," Sessho-maru frowned, knowing she was not lieing but wondered how she could possibly know he had never been to where she lived.

Kagome wondered what the sudden interest about where she came from was about. She did not want to lie to him, but she wondered if he would really believe her if she told him the truth.

"The truth about what?" Sessho-maru asked, forgetting his promise about not reading her thoughts.

"About where I come from," Kagome frowned, not liking it when her thoughts could not be her own.

"I am sorry. Please, tell me where you live and of your parents?" Sessho- maru stared at her with a look of curiousity twinkling in his carmel colored eyes.

Kagome blinked wondering if this was the same cold-hearted Sessho-maru who had tried to kill her once in the tomb of his father. How had the Lord of the Western Lands changed so much in such a short time?

He knew her thoughts, but he did not respond to them because even he wasn't sure why or how he had changed. 'It started with Rin,' he thought to himself, 'She changed me to be more like a parent, despite the hate I feel towards humans. Kagome is not human that is why I treat her like I do. That has to be the answer.'

"I live in a place called Tokyo, it's a place that will develop in about five hundred years from now. My mother is a human and my father...well I didn't know him. Mom never talks about him much, and though I have always been curious about him I just figured I was better off not knowing a man who would abandon my family when we needed him most," she explained to Sessho-maru hoping to satisfy his questions.

"Why and how did you get here if you are not from this time?" Sessho-maru's questioning continued, his mind racing in an attempt to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

"Well there is an old well by my house on the same grounds as the family Shrine. I went looking for my cat, Buyo, one day and was pulled in by a demon called Mistress Centipede. I was brought to this time where I freed your brother and shattered the Shikon no Tama. It some how was in my hip, and that is how it came back to this time. I really didn't mean to shatter it, but it was my fault it came here and my fault it was broken," she frowned as she answered his question, not liking to remember that she is to blame despite that everyone told her it was not.

"It was not your fault," Sessho-maru for some reason didn't like to see her frown, "From what you have told me, you do know you are not human right?"

Kagome blinked.

"Um...I am human. I told you my family is human but we are just from a different time," she looked at him wondering why he would say something like that, or how he could come to that conclusion.

"I can smell it and sense it. Kagome you are not human, I am quite sure you are not demon either." he liked the shocked look on her face, it was one of those facial expressions he enjoyed.

"If I am not human or demon then what am I?" Kagome asked some of the shock wearing off.

"When I was young there was a supernatural race made of pure light. I guess you could say they were the opposite of demons. Several had mated with humans and demons alike, but when the day they all of a sudden disapeered all that was left was their half-breed spawn. No one knows why they had disapeered, but their old training grounds are the castle I reside in now. There are many books in my library that once belonged to them, yet I am unable to read their language. I have only kept them for so long because I had hoped one day on learning the secrets and powers of this extinct race," Sessho-maru hated to explain anything, but he did it to be polite and to gain more of the miko's trust.

Kagome let all this information sink into her mind. She was unsure what to think. Could her father truly be one of these pure light races? Does that make her not a reincarnation of Kikyo?

"You are defiantly not that hanyou's dead wench reincarnation," Sessho-maru fought back the urge to kill something. He did not like to think of his half brother or that stupid dead miko that lingered near him and defiantly did not want Kagome compairing herself to that bitch.

'Getting the Tetsusiaga might have just become harder or easier than I thought. This girl confuses me, somehow drawing me to her, it has to be because she is not human or demon and that intrigues me,' he thought as he watched the girl intently.

"May I see the books?" She asked suddenly catching the inu-youkai a bit off guard.

Sessho-maru refused to show this to her though, and he thought for a moment on her question.

"I will allow you into my castle. If you can read the books I will let you stay and read them on two conditions. The first is you read the books to me or you teach me to read the language, either one is acceptable," he paused looking at her to see if she had agreed.

Kagome nodded, thinking the condition was simple enough, she wasn't even sure if she could read the books so she had no problem on at least trying.

When Sessho-maru made no move to talk about the second condition she inquired about it.

"I will name the second condition to you later, I promise it will be within reason." Sessho-maru kept a smirk from appearing on his face to let her know he was being sincere.

Kagome reluctantly agreed to this but she felt a bit disturbed about the unamed condition. 'I bet it will be for the Tetsusiaga...' That was her first thought but she didn't care about it, she would deal with it when the situation arised.

"So shall we go?" Sessho-maru was looking down at her, offering a hand up.

Kagome looked up at the Lord of the Western Lands feeling a bit intimidated. 'He is so cute though,' she thought to herself.

When she took his hand he helped her to her feet, but instead of letting go afterwards he took advantage of the moment and pulled her closer to him.

Gazing down into her eyes he wondered why she did not fear him. Everyone else he had ever encountered had shown at least a little sign of fear, maybe it was because she was a different breed that she had none.

'I shouldn't be thinking lustful thoughts about him. He would never want anything to do with me anyhow,' Kagome's thoughts were lost though when she looked into his carmel colored eyes.

"What makes you think I would not want you?" Sessho-maru asked keeping his gaze steadily on her eyes.

"I...guess...it's because I am only a human," she studdered out the words, feeling embarassed.

"Silly girl, you are not human. If you were I would not find myself so attracted to you," Sessho-maru did not say another word, but bent down and captured her lips in his own.

Her lips tasted of a bittersweet wine and he could not help but drink deeper from them. He could hear her heart beating faster and her cherry- vanilla scent engulfed his senses.

Agressive animal instincts screamed at him to claim her as his own, his body begged him to fufill the lustful desires he had been playing out in his mind since this morning, and mingled within it all he felt some sort of love for this girl that seemed to attract him like a moth youkai to a flame.

When she felt his lips upon hers she greatfully accepted the kiss and returned it to him, attemping to match the depth and passion that was held within it. Kagome could feel the overwelming desire to be his, but she refused to let it take her over. She had morals, she had to have them, plus she could not breath so she broke away from the kiss gasping for air.

A chuckle came from deep within Sessho-maru's throat but to Kagome it sounded more like a playful growl.

"Kagome, what have you done to me?" He looked at her his eyes full of questions but a smile slightly appearing on his lips.

"Sessho-maru..." she whispered his name letting it roll off her tongue like some sort of sweet honey.

He was about to kiss her again, but his nose caught the scent of an unwelcomed guest.

A cheetah youkai had come running up to them stopping within a few feet of the couple.

"Forgive me Lord Sessho-maru-sama for inturrupting your outing, but the Southern Lord is at your castle and he wishes to speak with you on an urgent matter," the youkai said quickle as so to get every word in.

Sessho-maru's growl was mean this time and made the youkai back off a bit.

"Tell him I will be with him in a few moments," Sessho-maru had to bite his tongue to keep from killing the cheetah youkai in front of Kagome.

The youkai bowed then ran off as fast as he could not wanting to stick around in case Sessho-maru decided to go on a killing spree.

It had all happened so fast that Kagome hardly caught the words that had been said.

"You will come with me," Sessho-maru said as he scooped her up into his arms.

Kagome had wondered if it was a question or a command but either way she was happy to be in his arms. Her body was so close to his and it felt so good that she was half tempted to throw all her morals out the window.

His movements were so graceful and smooth that reaching the white stoned castle was easy enough and she hardly even noticed they were moving, but what really shocked her was when Sessho-maru didn't bother to enter through the front gate but merely leaped with her in his arms over the castle walls.

He did not slow in his pace and continued to run through hallways and several gardens until he stopped at two dark wooden doors. Reluctantly he set her down and told her to walk a pace behind him when they entered and to take a seat on his right.

Kagome did as she was told mostly because everything was a bit overwelming. She had ridden on Inu-Yasha's back before but he only jumped on air currents that guided his feet forward. Sessho-maru had the strength, the power, and the speed to carry her and flat out run. In a way it reminded her of Kouga, but he had to use the jewel shards in order to obtain that speed and strength.

When Sessho-maru opened the doors he stopped long enough to glance around to see who was there. Then moved toward his desk where he sat down, and looked at the three youkai with his cold-hearted mask.

Out of respect when the three youkai saw Kagome they stood and waited for her to be seated before they took their seats again.

"What have you come to my castle for Tomek?" Sessho-maru asked the lion youkai who sat in the middle of the two others.

"Talks of war Sessho-maru what else. There is word that there is a traitor in our midsts and I would like you to seek him out and destroy him before he destroys us." Tomek answered, returning the cold gaze that was being given to him.

"Why do you not do it yourself Tomek?" Sessho-maru did not like to be bothered with the other Lords and the feeling was mutual between them all.

"I have my daughter's wedding to take care of." the Lord of the Southern Lands said simply as if it had explained it all.

It did explain it all to Sessho-maru, but Kagome did not quite understand it. She just watched and kept both her mind and mouth closed.

A servant entered the room holding a tray of drinks. One of the two cheetah youkai's stood and recieved them from the servant.

Kagome for some reason did not like this, she sensed something bad was happening as the youkai handed Sessho-maru and Tomek their goblets.

Then she spotted it, as the demon handed another drink to the other cheetah youkai he had placed a tighter grip onto it, somehow releasing a posion into the cup.

He had done it from everyones cup but his own and hers because she had declined a drink politely. Now as thoughts raced through her mind she had only seconds to respond because the Lord of the Southern Lands was just about to take a drink.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Author's Note: Will Kagome respond in time? Will Sessho-maru end up dieing from the poison? Will Tomek end up dieing from the poison? Will I get flamed all to hell for my bad grammer and spelling ontop of the cliffhanger? Mwuahahahaha! Only the next chappy and your reviews will tell!!!

Wuvvies everyone's favvy Missa