InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Liar ❯ Care to Dance? ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]


Disclaimer: I don't own Inu-Yasha and company! But...I do own Aquaina, and Kaita! Also....Tomek belongs to my friend Tomek ^_^ who like plays EverQuest with me! Anywho...thats the bottom line! So please don't sue me! =^_^=

~Sweet Liar~


Kagome rather enjoyed the dragon ride to the Northern lands. It was long and they got to watch the sunset as the dragon flew on.

A black stone castle came into view, and if it weren't for the many torch lights and candles around the castle she might have been really scared.

Sessho-maru assured her that the castle was one of the safest in all the world.

As they got closer Kagome could see many streams and ponds surrounding the castle, and she could have swore there was several things moving in them.

"Castle guards," Sessho-maru said simply as if to answer a question she did not ask, "The Lady of the Northern Lands is a water-youkai."

The white dragon touched down at the castle entrance and Sessho-maru helped Kagome down from it's back.

They were greeted warmly by several fish-youkai that looked like they had some sort of spell on them to allow them to breathe without water.

Sessho-maru took her hand and led her past the fish-youkai and into the castle.

Black stone walls inside, and the hallway was littered with paintings of many places and youkai of all different types. The stone didn't seem to reflect the light of the torches really well, and Kagome thought it might not be stone at all but a type of black pearl.

At the end of the hallway they stopped, they were at the top of a set of stairs, and below them was a crowd of many youkai all dressed up and chatting in little groups.

The room before them was huge, and decorated in silver. In the center of the room was a giant table that looked as if it would seat all the guests here and more.

At the head of it all stood a woman clad in a silver dress, she reminded Kagome of a siren or a mermaid from her greek mythology studies she did in highschool.

On her right was the Southern Lord, and what she thought to be his mate at his left side, surprisingly she was a fox-youkai. As she continued to look at all them she noticed that on the other side of the lady in silver, stood Kouga!

"Announcing Lord of the Western Lands, Sessho-maru-sama, and his Lady Kagome-sama." a colorful frog-youkai announced their entering into the room.

Kouga looked up and his eyes met her's for a long moment.

Sessho-maru didn't like the way that he was looking at Kagome and he resisted the urge to break the wolf in two, for now.

He led Kagome down the flight of stairs, through the crowd of people, and right where Kouga standing.

Kouga growled softly looking at Sessho-maru. 'How dare he touch my woman,' he thought but he could not do anything here because these grounds were neutral.

Kagome was happy in one to see Kouga but in another way she was upset and prayed that he didn't start anything about how she was his woman.

It wasn't until now that she noticed many were staring at her as her and Sessho-maru as they approached the others.

"Greeting's Lord Sessho-maru, thank you for coming," the lady in the silver dress greeted him then looked at Kagome, "She is such a pretty one Sessho- maru you had better hold onto her."

"I plan on it," Sessho-maru said coldly, sensing the tension coming from the wolf-youkai.

"Well, welcome Lady Kagome!" Tomek greeted her with one of those big warm smiles of his, "Have you met Kouga, Lord of the Eastern Lands?"

Kagome looked at Kouga still a bit in shock because he had never mentioned being Lord of the Eastern lands to her before.

Tomek took her silence as a no and continued on with his talking.

"Don't mind him, he may look tough but he is just one big ball of fur," Tomek joked then turned to the lady in Silver, "This is Aquaina she is the Lady of the Northern Lands."

Kagome's gaze shifted from Kouga who was looking down at his feet not saying a word, to the Lady whom she was being introduced to.

"Welcome, to my castle, Lady Kagome," Aquaina smiled at the child, thinking she would be an excellent mate for Sessho-maru.

"Why has the Great Lord of the Western Lands come to one of Aquaina's parties with a human?" Kouga asked, looking fiercily at Sessho-maru.

"She is not human she is a crystal singer, and I am courting her. I will bring her where I choose," Sessho-maru growled.

Kouga looked a bit taken back he had always known Kagome was special, hence his attraction to her, but he did not know she was not human.

The Lady whom Kagome thought was Tomek's mate nudged Tomek some as if she wanted to say something.

"Oh, forgive me beloved. Lady Kagome, this is my mate Lady Kiata" Tomek smiled brightly at his mate. Looking at as if he would do anything to please her.

"It's an honor to meet the Lady who has captured the heart of the Lord of the Western Lands," the fox-youkai beemed a bright smile at her.

Somehow the lady reminded her of Shippo, whome she all of a sudden started missing.

"Do not fear, I know your pup is alright," Sessho-maru whispered reasuringly in her ear.

Kagome smiled, happy for the comforting words.

A waiter passed by with a tray of drinks.

Everyone took one except Kagome who looked unsure of it.

"The one of the right is a berry juice and the one on the left is a strong wine, Kagome." Kouga smiled at her explaining.

She reluctantly took the one on the right, thanking the waiter and Kouga for helping her.

"Aquaina said you wished to speak to me Sessho-maru," Tomek smiled.

"Yes, I believe you owe me a favor. I came to take you up on it," Sessho- maru said simply, his cold emotionless mask showing for all to see.

"Shall we talk somewhere more private?" Tomek asked, gesturing towards the balcony off the the right of him.

Sessho-maru nodded, reluctantly leaving Kagome alone, and went to talk with Tomek.

"What are you doing here Kagome?" Kouga asked when he was sure Sessho-maru was out of ear shot.

"Well, today is my birthday. Inu-Yasha was treating me horribly, so when I ran into Sessho-maru he said that Shippo, Rin, and I could spend the day in his flower fields." Kagome explained, sipping a bit at her drink.

"Oh, I'm sorry I was not around to comfort you in your time of need, but why did you give Sessho-maru premission to court you?" Kouga questioned curiously and jealously.

"I kinda well...I um...I am not quite sure how all this courting stuff works. In my time it does not exist," Kagome was so confused about everything.

"Kagome," he whispered her name, unsure of how to help her out of this mess she seemed to have gotten herself in with Sessho-maru.

Kiata and Aquaina were looking at the two strangely. Aquaina saw true love when she saw it, and unfortunatly for Kouga she knew that Kagome was not in love with him.

"I'll be alright Kouga don't worry. He treats me better than Inu-Yasha ever did, and he has books that are helping me figure out who my father is and why I am not human or youkai," Kagome smiled at him warmly.

Kouga nearly melted at the warm smile she gave him.

Music bagan to play, an orchestra of colorful frog-youkai and several fish- youkai started to play a soft rythmatic tune on their funny looking instruments.

"Care to dance, Lady Kagome?" Kouga smiled a wolfish smile at her, his fangs showing, as he held out his hand for hers.

"I don't know how to dance," Kagome blushed.

"Come on, while old emotionless is chatting, I will teach ya," he chuckled.

Kagome nodded guessing she should do something to pass the time.

"We will hold your drink for you, deary," Aquaina said, taking the drink quickly from Kagome before she was nearly dragged out onto the dance floor by an all too eager wolf.

Kouga taught her how to dance, leading her slowly around the dance floor until she learned all the steps. He didn't mind, he was just so happy to be close to her that it didn't even matter that she had accidently stepped on his foot once or twice.

Several more dances, Kagome was getting good at it, and she didn't step on his feet anymore. She had apologized everytime and wanted to quit when she had thought she had hurt him but he insisted that she stay and keep trying.

Just as a slow song was playing, Sessho-maru had came back into the room. When Kagome and Kouga were about to get close to dance, Sessho-maru was right beside them.

Tomek was utterly surprised at the inu-youkai's speed to his Lady's side. He himself hadn't ever seen anything move so fast.

"May I cut in?" Sessho-maru asked, trying not to snap out and kill the stupid wolf-youkai.

Kouga was about to growl at Sessho-maru when Kagome spoke up.

"Of course," she smiled, "Kouga has been teaching me to dance, so I can now dance with you."

Her words shocked and deep down hurt Kouga, and pleased Sessho-maru.

Kouga reluctantly stepped aside and went back to stand with the other Lords and Ladies.

Sessho-maru looked down into her eyes, the music playing softly, he took both her hands and slowly they began to dance.

At first it was awkward for them and the other's around them not used to seeing the Lord of the Western Lands dance with anyone let alone at all.

Kagome managed to keep up with Sessho-maru who, having needed to be trained in all the aspects of a person of his rank, was dancing practically perfectly.

When the song ended, Sessho-maru led her off the dance floor and back to the others.

Kagome was handed her drink, which had been refilled, and was welcomed back warmly by everyone except Kouga who remained silent.

"You never danced with me before Sessho-maru. I got the impression you did not know how, but now I know better," Aquaina commented, a cheerful smile playing on her lips.

"I only dance on very special or rare occassions," Sessho-maru responded, his hand gently taking Kagome's.

Kagome could feel the tension in Sessho-maru's hand but she did not say anything, and simply moved closer to him, hoping to provide comfort for whatever was bothering him.

"Shall we eat?" Aquaina asked her guests, gesturing towards the table which was being filled with food by many servants.

Kagome was famished realizing she had not eaten a thing all day, but she tried not to look to eager, not wanting to be disrespectful.

"I am absolutely starving, Aquaina! Lets eat, the smell of the food is just too tempting to pass up," Tomek spoke to her first, then looked at his mate who immediatly became attatched to his left arm.

"Come, Kagome," Aquaina smiled, "You can sit by me, I am assuming you are new to the Northern Lands so I can point out all the good dishes to you. Some are utterly disgusting, but we serve them because certain youkai have a taste for them."

She laughed, a sweet and innocent laugh, and it made Kagome wonder how she ever became a Lady of the Northern Lands if she was so sweet an innocent.

Kagome nodded returning Aquaina's smile. She was greatful for all the help she could get at this point.

They all took their seats, Aquaina at the head of the table, then Kagome to her right side and Kiata to her left, Tomek sat beside his mate and Sessho- maru sat beside her. Kouga unfortunatly was stuck sitting across from a bear-youkai, and to his side sat a member of his pack.

Dinner went on rather oddly for Kagome. She had never seen so many types of food in her life. It kind of made her head spinny, but thankfully Aquaina and Kiata helped her through it all.

Kagome was indeed hungry but she wanted to taste everything, so she stuck to small potions and the berry juice she had, had earlier.

Everything went rather smoothly until somehow she took a bite out of the wrong thing, unfortunatly it was really spicey and she had just finished her drink.

She looked around, wishing Kouga were closer, knowing he would have helped her. She did not want to tell Sessho-maru why the inside of her mouth was burning because she did not want to seem weak or feel embarrassed in front of everyone.

When she heard a slight chuckle coming from somewhere near her she turned to see Sessho-maru staring at her, his eyes looking fully amused.

She wanted to growl, but her mouth was going a bit numb from the hottness, she felt like she was about to cry because of it.

He reached for his own drink and still not taking his eyes off hers, pressed the cup to her lips.

Greatfully she took a long drink from the warm spicy wine, tilting the cup up some with both her hands so she may drink more.

He smiled a bit at her, he had been reading her thoughts, and he watched her take a bite full bite of a crab pepper stick. Sessho-maru was going to warn her but it was to late. So he carefully watched her to make sure she would not get sick.

When he had finally realized the reason why she didn't reach for his drink, he quickly reached for his own and held it to her lips, urging her to drink.

"You know, not even the locals take a full bite of those," he chuckled again lightly, but it sounded more like a playful growl.

"Then why do they put more than a full bite on your plate?" Kagome asked, letting out a heavy sigh, her head swimming with the wine she drank.

"A good question. I think we should be going home now, you look a bit sick," Sessho-maru commented, knowing he shouldn't have given her that wine, but he had little choice.

He made his excuses to the others, and led Kagome outside.

She was happy to comply as Sessho-maru led her out of the party and out into the courtyard where the white dragon awaited their return patiently.

Sessho-maru didn't bother with her trying to get on the dragon, he picked her up into his arms and lept onto the dragons back.

Still standing up he held her close to his chest as the dragon took off for home.

"Mm...don't let me go, Sessho-maru," Kagome mumbled sleeply as she cuddled closer to him, closing her eyes and drifting off into a sound sleep.

'Sleep, my sweet Kagome, and when you awaken I promise to still be here,' he thought, as he concentrated on listening to her breathing and the sound of her heart beating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Author's Note: ^_^ Yey! Next chappy has some lemon in it! Mwuahahahaha! I ish evil ^_^ Anywho...I liked the end of this chappy it was so sweet and romantic...! I was thinking I would add someting at the end of this chappy to help everyone with their japanese words but I thought better of it and just left it alone.

Wuvvies everyone's favvy Missa!