InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Birth of Love ❯ Blankets ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Man....I can't garuntee this to be a long one. It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO stinking hot in here! (In case you were wondering, I'm in a little room big enough for a queen size bed, and MAYBE a stuffed animal, but instead of that, I have the computer, a shredder, printer, scanner,.....well, alot of electronics giving off heat....plus I have on jeans.) And my arms are sticking to the desk!

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````` ```````````````````````

Inuyasha went back to his carving once the wolf youkai was gone. He swiped away an area of wood, each of his fingers a little higher than the other. He continued this until he had hallowed out the area of the tree, and was making it big enough for Kagome to lay in, and was now smoothing it out. He smiled at his handy work, and now that was left was shaping the outside. He quickly slashed at the point where he wanted the bed's end to be, and it broke in two. He then smoothed down the rough edges, and hollowed out the bottom, but left a descent piece at the ends, which were in a semi-circle shape, for rockers.
"Perfect." he thought, setting it to the side. "Now, a chair for me...." He slashed at another area of the tree, which also broke, and he began carvng away at it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaede and Kagome

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kaede smiled as she heard the babe cooing from the corner, and heard her laughter. She stood up and walked to where Kagome sat, and caressed her beautiful black hair. "Such a treasure you are. I am sure when you are my children's age, you will be a beautiful and wonderful woman. I just hope you wont forget those who love you." she said softly as Kagome looked up and smiled, her eyes glistening.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inuyasha rushed back to the hut with another piece of furniture. This was his seventh trip, and he had already placed Kagome's bed in the corner, his chair beside her bed, a table in the center of the room, a bed for him, and a rather tall and wide shelf for their belongings. This time, he was carrying a small wooden play pin for Kagome, and in it was a toy he knew all little girls loved-a small, hand carved doll's house.

He quickly entered the room, and sat the play pin in the corner. "Now that that is done...." he said, sitting down momentarily. There was something missing, but what? "Oh man! Blaankets!" He quickly flew out of the shack towards Kaede's.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kaede-sama?" he asked walking into the shop as the bell on the door jingled. He looked behind the counter, but she wasn't there.

"Hai Inuyasha?" she said, and he looked over towards the play pen.

"The shack is almost furnished." he smiled, leaning in to look at Kagome.

"Good. What do you need next?" Kaede asked as Kagome shook the wooden rattle.

"I forgot about the blankets."

"Oh, and of course some pillows, and a doll for Kagome?"

He nodded. "Hai. I made her a doll's house..."

"That was very kind of you. I'm sure she'll love it."

Inuyasha smiled. "Do you know where I can get them from?"

"Well,...." Kaede thought, ".....I have some friends that can help with the blankets, they own the Tailored Treasures shop, and I can help with some play things."

"Domo Arigatou!" he smiled.

"Don't thank me just yet." she said, "You've got to see if you can find some you like first. Now hurry and go before their store closes."
He nodded and was off again.

'Just as I thought...Willing to do anything for that child...' the old lady smiled as she watched the hanyou run down the road.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To be continued.