InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Birth of Love ❯ Shining Stars ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~

In the same week she spoke her first words, Inuyasha was sitting at the table, grumbling while mending a tear in one of her outfits. Kagome was sitting on the bedside, watching him. She noticed he'd wince ever so often, and she thought it was the 'long pointy thing' attacking his fingers.

"Inu! Inu!" she bubbled in trying to get his attention, but no use.

"Inu!?"

Nothing.

"Kuso!"

Still nothing.

Kagome was determined to see if 'Inu' was okay. She crawled off her bed, and slipped onto the floor, but she didn't cry, all she said was "Inu!"

She slowly pulled on the green fleece blanket until she was on her wobbly little bare feet. Hanging on to the sheet, she slowly took a step in Inuyasha's direction. She did the same several times, while calling out 'Inu.'

Inuyasha finally gave up and looked over at the child. His eyes then grew wide as he saw her step closer to him. "Kagome! You're walking!"

Kagome's lips formed a smile-a beautiful one at that. She took another step, and another until she was able to run into Inuyasha's awaiting arms.

"Inu!" she said prying herself away from his arms and examining his fingers. He looked confusedly at her and then she kissed his fingers as he had done to her many times before.

"Arigatou Kagome." he smiled, holding her in his arms against his heart. He walked over and sat on the bed, and held her in his arms, watching her. She was overcome by the massive warmth from Inuyasha. He was better than any blanket to her, and because of that, it wasn't long before she went to sleep.

"Nani? She's asleep already?" he asked softly, "Well, sleep well Kagome." He kissed her on her forehead and her smile grew wider. He gently placed her in her bed, and pulled the covers tightly over her, then he went back to his sewing.

"INU!" cried Kagome as she shot up. Inuyasha jumped up, but not before stabbing his finger, and he ran over.

"What's wrong Kagome?" he asked looking at her tear-stained face.

"Inu!" she hugged him, and allowed the tears to flow.
"Alright Kagome, it is late." he said, trying to coax the child back into her bed.

"No." she cried with pleading eyes.

*Sigh* "Alright." he said, pulling the cover off of his bed and getting under them, still holding Kagome in his arms. "Let's get some sleep."

And that night, the moon light shined brightest on the small hut, and the stars seemed to gather around as if to tell the word that the two would have a bright and shining destiny-one filled with eachother's love and togetherness.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

Ok, thank you everyone! This is only the end if you want it to be, but....some reviewers gave me some ideas (I am going to change them around though...^-^) and I can tell you this, Kouga WILL come back, Sesshoumaru will make an appearence, so will Naraku. Yes, Miroku and Sango will be in the story (Probably introduced within the next couple of chapters). Shippo and Kirara? Hmm...Kirara yes, but I don't know about Shippo. Kohaku will also be in this. Even the prayer beads....*grins*
Well, since reviewers are being sooooo nice to me, I'm probably going to post another chapter today. I might post two per day for the rest of the week also. *shrugs* dunno.