InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Choices Made ❯ Chapter 10

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bad news people…I am working at a camp this summer so no internet!!! No computer, no internet, no time for me! Good news is that I don't have to start working until June. More good news is that I have a whole month off in between school and work so I'll probably have some time to write. Hopefully, I'll have time if my friends don't decide to kidnap me like they threatened to do. I'll try to get up some chapters before I leave and try to write when I am there in the middle of nowhere, then post them when I reach civilization again. Work ends sometime in August, so that is like two and a half months without new chapters being added. Just a quick heads up before I even forget to mention it. Sorry about the bad news, but on with the story!
Oh! Also, I have to repeat the dream because Fauna insists that the dream is more important than I first thought!
 
 
 
Dream
Inuyasha was in a valley between Kikyou and Kagome. Kagome's side was green and forested (actually, Kagome was standing in front of Inuyasha's Forest) and Kikyou was on another side surrounded by her soul collectors with a mountainous scenery behind her. Inuyasha thought that he could see hell demons cutting away at the people who went to hell just out of sight behind her. Kagome was telling him that she needed him and had her eyes full of warmth and affection. Kikyou would remind him of his promise to her then stare at him coldly, then turn and look away at someone else.
 
This had to be a nightmare…Kikyou and Kagome in the same place, both calling to him. The problem was that he wanted to be with Kagome-she offered love and life, but he had made a promise to Kikyou, although what she offered was torture in hell by demons along with hatred and cold indifference towards him.
The only thing he really owned was his fire rat robe and his honor…his honor was very important to him, and one of the few things he had. He had to keep his promise no matter what.
 
Since this had to be a nightmare, he didn't have to chose anyway. Inuyasha sat down and waited for this nightmare to end
 
 
Chapter Ten (I really suck at titles, should I even try?)
 
Kagome was exhausted, but at least she knew Inuyasha would be ok. The sun would rise in another few minutes and Inuyasha would be his old grumpy self, complaining about how weak humans were and how this would have never happened if he was full demon. He would probably insist that they get the others and continuing on hunting down the shards and Naraku. But after he woke up, she would first need some sleep. She was running back and forth all night long stressing about if Inuyasha was going to be ok. Those nightly activities physically and emotionally exhausted her. A long nap before returning to the others would do a world of good for her…especially if Inuyasha would hold her again while she was sleeping. Kagome allowed herself a large goofy grin and a slight sigh to go with the grin.
 
Kagome could hear the forest creatures start to wake up and move around so Kagome knew the sun would rise soon, but Inuyasha still showed no signs of waking up. She stopped and listened. Inuyasha was still breathing…he chest was moving up and down and she could hear a slight snoring coming from him. Ohhh. She would have to tease him about that!
 
She checked to see if he felt too warm, stretched, then ventured outside the cave quickly to check the process of the sun. It was almost up. Kagome quickly ran back inside to greet Inuyasha as he rose. She sat down next to him.
 
Inuyasha's hair flared out once again and became the silver/white color that she loved. She couldn't wait to see those large amber eyes staring at her showing some affection while the rest of his face, voice, and comments expressed something totally different. Those large amber eyes that she wanted so badly to see again didn't open.
 
 
 
 
 
 
`What was going on?!' Inuyasha had been sitting down in his nightmare waiting for this to end, but yet it was not ending. Kikyou was becoming more and more aggravating with her nagging about hell and his promise. He could swear that he actually heard screams from the people in hell. Also, why was Kikyou nagging him, then suddenly turning, it seemed, to face another?
 
He was suddenly hit with a wave of energy. It was his hanyou powers returning to him, but why wasn't he waking? He had his scent of smell back now, as well as his hearing. He was sure now that Kikyou was standing in hell calling out to him. Death and torture seemed to compose the air itself. Why did he smell this? Why wasn't he waking up? He had his hanyou powers back and should be smelling Kagome's scent as well as waking up to her caring eyes which would be looking down at him. He should be hearing her voice asking if he was ok. He couldn't wait to make some stupid comment and make her anger flare up. She was quite beautiful, if not a little scary, when she was mad.
 
“Inuyasha…”
 
“Who is that? Where are you?”
 
“Inuyasha…my ever curious and questioning son. You need to choose.”
 
“Mother? Is that you? Also, choose? Choose what?”
 
“Both your father and I are here, but you need to choose. Choose between life and the women you love and who loves you back, or the woman you once loved that you promised to spend eternity in hell with, who offers no more love to you.”
 
“In fact son” Inuyasha father's voice chimed in, “someone else has caught her eye and fancy it seems.”
 
 
 
 
 
`Kami.' She must be taking in too many souls now. She was beginning to feel that painful emotion of love again. It was her downfall when she was alive, but would not be her downfall now. `The sooner Inuyasha goes to hell with me, the sooner these pitiful emotions will be gone.'
 
She could feel the demon's eyes on her again. She knew this, and it was creating what felt like a pull to her. Inuyasha's half brother. Since she felt a pull towards Inuyasha, because of her lingering hatred no doubt, maybe since Inuyasha and Sesshomaru were half brothers, Sesshomaru emitted a small pull also, that was stronger when he was closer. That must be the reason for the pull.
 
“You look as if you are sulking. Let's begin our journey then. Lead the way.”
 
Sesshomaru gracefully stood up, then started walking away.
 
`One thing I'll miss is the simple grace and calm that can be shown in little movements. Hell will be filled with everlasting physical pain, but that will override the emotional pain, and the extra pleasure of revenge on Inuyasha will make the physical pain of the slashing hell demons seem almost nonexistent. Sesshomaru does have beautiful long hair though. Too bad it covers his bu-I did not just think that!'
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hmmm. This chapter was easier than I thought it would be. Seems like Fauna likes working nights…errrr….mornings. Very early in the morning. At least we are starting to get better with the length…starting to get the chapters a little longer now.
 
::waves hand around:: you want to review…what? The Jedi mind trick won't work? Well, will sending Inuyasha after you work? No? What about Naraku? No? What about Sesshomaru…wait…Sesshomaru! Stop staring at Kikyou with that ridiculous grin on your face…
 
 
 
Baby_red: Sexy assassin, huh? Know where I can get one of those too? I am loved! Yay!
 
InuYashasLoveLorn: Thank you for reviewing. I feel a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that people still read and review. It makes me happy! Happy, happy, happy, happy. Yay!! Kendra's happy…