InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Complete Idiot's Guide to Dog Demons ❯ Inu family values ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter
Chapter 10. Inu family values

Kagome did not sleep well that night.

She wanted to. She was so far beyond exhausted that it was actually an effort to blink her eyelids.

But she didn't want to be asleep when the idiot-brigade returned. Koga, who would once again insist that she leave her mate and go off with him to be 'His Woman'. One of the most embarrassing moments of her life to date was the fact that she'd allowed the Inu to begin another round of sex just feet from the well-titled 'Pea-brain'.

Next there was Inuyasha. She could already hear the filth spewing from his flapping tongue. He would call her a bitch (which, technically, she now was), she would sit him till his ass took up residence in his rib-cage, and then he would proceed to his usual bevy of insults (because god forbid he be creative), at which time Sesshomaru would rip off his head and attempt to cram it some place really uncomfortable.

Then, there was Miroku. She actually hoped that his perverse nature would overload his poor brain, rendering him unconscious. She could practically
hear the many dirty things that would pour from his mouth if unchecked. She could only pray that poor Sango kept him on a tight leash, because one wrong word and she felt certain that the strangely possessive Taiyoukai would remove his tongue at the first opportunity.

Of course, he may very well do so anyway, just because he
could.

That was another thing she'd discovered about her pervert of an Inu. His sense of humor was twisted. But then, so was the rest of him.

Sesshomaru grunted from his now familiar position. "Sleep, miko."

"What is it with you and my ass?" Her voice was slightly rough with lack of rest. That, and screaming herself out.

He smirked while rubbing his cheek against her well-loved posterior. "Do you really want the answer to that?"

Her eyes bulged as her mouth quickly shut and she shook her head in frantic negation.

He sighed. "Pity, the explaining could have been quite…enjoyable."

She clamped her eyes shut. "I'm going to sleep now!"

She was lucky that her need for sleep knocked her out before she could take offence at his laughter.
~@~

Morning dawned with the sounds of combat.

Kagome blinked her eyes groggily, yawning, before realizing that he'd actually been considerate enough,
this time, to actually dress her in his discarded kosode before her companions appeared.

She was not surprised that she could hear them coming long before they actually showed themselves. After all, neither Koga nor Inuyasha were known for their quiet natures. And sure enough, shrill shrieks and loud curses echoed through the trees, proceeding
the two young males as they swung swords and fists at each other in graceless abandon. Accusations of failure in reference to each other's Alpha status were tossed around just as carelessly. Koga was insistent that Inuyasha had known of his 'rights' to Kagome and should have protected her for her future mate, while Inuyasha insisted that not only was Koga a fool for believing that he'd ever have any kind of claim on any member of the hanyou's pack but that while Sesshomaru was 'Kami's Gift To All Assholesâ„¢', he was still Inuyasha's brother and was therefore obviously the much better choice.

That was until, of course, Koga chose to point out Sesshomaru's choice in sexual positions. Conveniently leaving out his own thoughts on the subject. Inuyasha's jaw dropped in a rather unattractive fashion, his wide amber eyes slowly swiveling to land on his strangely unperturbed brother. "What the fuck? You mean my brother's turned bitch?"

Sesshomaru snorted. "Sorry, little brother. Apparently, unlike yourself, my masculinity is not threatened by being ridden by a beautiful female."

Miroku, who by this time had slipped his metaphorical leash, grinned widely as the three males put on a show he deemed was probably worth his right arm to witness. Sango soon came puffing after him, no match for the spirit of perversion that had lent speed to the monk's feet. She muttered something about how the canine youkai weren't the only dogs in the vicinity, though it was unnoticed by all except Kagome, who was currently too appalled by the situation to speak.

Then Sesshomaru smirked. "Did he tell you how he happened to come upon us?"
Inuyasha's face screwed up in disgust. "Yes, even though he didn't have to. Everyone with ears could hear your howling, you fucker!"

"And did he happen to mention the fact that he could not understand why it was physically impossible to remove myself from my mate, regardless of his inane demands?"

Inuyasha suddenly understood that he was about to be served up with dirt on his 'favorite' rival. It was clear where exactly he'd come by his smirk, because a matching one currently was spread across his older brother's face. "Oh? Do tell."

Koga began to look a bit nervous. "Uh…I'm sure that's not really very important."

White fangs flashed in a razor-sharp grin. "Ah, but it is, whelp." He turned to Inuyasha. "He seemed unaware of the fact that a proper canine-based youkai will lock with his bitch during rutting. Leaving me with only one possible conclusion to draw."

Inuyasha hooted in glee. "Koga's a virgin?!"

Koga spluttered and flushed darkly under his tan. "THAT'S NOT TRUE! I'VE RUTTED BEFORE! LOTS OF TIMES!"

Inuyasha snickered at the cornered Ookami. By that statement, he'd just as surely labeled himself as a male slut in Kagome's eyes. That, and a really bad liar, because it was pretty obvious that he was lying. All thoughts as to his brother's sexual preferences were ejected from his train of thought, as it's current passengers were more than enough in terms of entertainment.

Sango made her way over to her sister. "You really did…that…with him??"

A part of her wanted to deny it, but that would make her as big a liar as Koga. And whatever her shortcomings, Kagome was no liar. Her face scrunched up, but she nodded just the same. They both jumped, however, when Sesshomaru's voice drifted towards them.

"Do not let her attitude fool you, huntress. She did that with me 'til she was no longer able walk."

Kagome scowled at him, before attempting to take issue with his lack of manners. "Have you never heard of the concept of too much information?"

"Jeeze, Kagome, if you have such a problem with it, then why'd ya fuck him in public? You had to have known that I could hear you, right?"

Kagome scowled. "As if I was thinking anything about you! And since when did you become such a gossip-queen that you had to share all with those who couldn't hear everything?"

"Wench! You should have been thinking about me, because you were-"

"FUCKING YOUR BROTHER! AND AT THAT POINT, YOU WERE SO FAR FROM MY MIND THAT YOU COULD HAVE DONNED A SKIRT AND DANCED THE MACARENA! OSUWARI, YOU COLOSSAL PAIN IN THE ASS!"

Inuyasha plummeted face first into the dirt as the red-faced miko stomped her foot with all her frustrated might. Unfortunately, her bare foot encountered a previously hidden rock, and soon her curses joined Inuyasha's as she clutched her swiftly bruising and scraped foot. Colorful terms spewed from her as she hopped about and shook her fist at the downed hanyou, much to Sesshomaru's enjoyment, some that he had not heard before and took note of for possible future use.

It was greatly unlike Kagome, but after the last few days, her temper had finally snapped. A greedy, foolish, loudmouthed hanyou. An impossibly insatiable Taiyoukai with masochistic tendencies and a marked lack of shame. Who also did not understand the concept of asking first! An Ookami who appeared to have no practical knowledge of the birds and the bees and was responsible for this new mess because he couldn't keep his big freaking mouth shut! A Monk who seemed to wish to pass through life with his face in the dirt and brain damage from having been beaten so many times. All dumping on her at once!

These and many other things came from the overwrought girl as she practically burst into tears while threatening to smack Koga silly for his verbal diarrhea. Inuyasha had even stopped attempting to remove himself from his crater, not wishing to draw more attention to himself. He was already in enough trouble and his puppy mind cringed at the thought of more 'sittings'. Especially as he could already smell the scent of impending frustrated tears.

His ears lowered in guilt. He hadn't meant to make her cry, only to tease her. He'd known since long before Sesshomaru had taken off with her that his brother wouldn't hurt her. Sure, he'd been surprised, but it wasn't in Sesshomaru to harm a female for no reason. Kagome wasn't exactly a threat to him, and more than once Inuyasha had caught the gleam of humor in the Taiyoukai's eyes as Kagome had attempted to bring him down with her arrows. They would have had no more effect on him than the sting of a mosquito, but for some reason he'd allowed her to think otherwise. Maybe it was to save her pride?

He supposed that it hadn't been an easy time for her. Confusing to say the least. Add to that Kagome's innate modesty that must have taken a brutal beating in the past few days, what with Sesshomaru's own lack of it, then being watched by Koga.

Inuyasha sighed, before clambering from the hole. He kept low to the ground in order to negate some of the impact should Kagome once again let fly. But he managed to crawl over to her and bow his head.

Kagome sputtered to a halt at Inuyasha's unusually formal behavior. But she almost fainted at his words.

"I'm sorry, Kagome. I was only playing with you. I didn't mean to hurt you."

He was rather surprised when she looked up and wildly scanned the sky. "What?"

"I'm checking to see if the sky is falling! It must be, because you never apologize!"

He scowled, but swallowed his retort. Because she was right….and because his brother's hand was twitching as his eyes narrowed.

"I'm sorry for that as well!" His voice was rough with irritation. But it was sincere, so Kagome nodded in acceptance, still nursing her injured foot. Inuyasha blew out a satisfied breath and got to his feet.

Of course, Koga couldn't not add his own two cents.

"It's not too late, Kagome! I could still kill him for you and you could come with me! As my woman, you wouldn't have-"

A hard fist smashed warningly against his jaw, shutting him up as Sesshomaru stepped by him. Kagome eeped as she was abruptly swept up into the Inu's arms and curled in his lap as he leapt up onto a low-hanging tree branch. Almost as if he were acting on instinct, he removed the bruised foot from her hands and gently rubbed away the ache. Neither noticed the odd looks they received from the others as Kagome sighed when the pain disappeared under his strangely skilled hands and relaxed against Sesshomaru.

That was when Miroku decided to act upon the opportunity presented and reached for Sango's backside. She'd forgotten to take note of his proximity to her, and got a rather rude awakening as both of his hands took up residence on their most favored bit of her person.

Her eye narrowed in rage as her entire body stiffened. Her head slowly turned…just in time to watch Miroku twitch before he hit the ground.

Only...she hadn't actually hit him.

She'd drawn back her fist to beat the smile off his face, when Miroku's eyes had rolled up into his head and he'd collapsed.

Kagome blinked as her mind took a welcome though abrupt detour away from the source of her frustrations. "I guess Pavlov was correct in his theory."

Miroku had become so habituated to the order of events of grope, slap, and hitting the ground out cold, that when Sango had taken too long in responding, his conditioning had taken care of it and rendered him unconscious.

Sango scowled as she stepped away from Miroku, who lay in a small depression in the ground that was now well-accustomed to his presence.

"Well. That was a disappointment," she said with a huff.

Sesshomaru pursed his lips in thought, before responding with, "Then find some other form of punishment if you wish to be able to render him unconscious by your own hand."

Apparently the theory was also ascribed to back in these times.

Sango looked at Kagome in question, receiving a nod of agreement. "It fits the theory, in a way. I just don't think Ivan Pavlov had pervert monks in mind when he came up with it."

Kagome turned to look at Sesshomaru. "You do realize that most of this is your fault, don't you?"

"And how did you reach this conclusion?"

She narrowed her eyes at him, her hesitations at confronting him now long-banished in the face of the day's events. "Are you telling me that you haven't noticed that the idiot's taken to hero-worshiping you?"

Sesshomaru scrunched his nose in sudden disgust. "You must be joking."

"You are the only male he's ever encountered who has ever gotten away with the kinds of things you have!"

He snorted. "It is hardly my fault that he is inept."

A strange gleam suddenly appeared in her blue eyes and Sesshomaru found himself being slowly tugged forward until her lips almost touched his fey ear. He couldn't repress the shiver as they brushed against him in passing, knowing that she had to have done it on purpose.

"Fine then. I'll make you a deal. I don't expect you to keep your hands entirely to yourself, because honestly I don't want you to. But if you can keep it under a slightly tighter rein…?"

His eyes darkened as he forcefully throttled the lustful growl that threatened to emerge. His hands tightened on her hips as his voice emerged in a husky rasp. "Go on…"

Kagome swallowed heavily as she purposefully mangled the voice that insisted that she was acting like a shameless hussy. But she couldn't take much more of the embarrassment sure to follow her throughout her life if she did not gain a bit of control over the Inu.

"I will make it more than worth your while," she whispered in a meaningful tone, attempting to keep her words from reaching the twitching ears of Inuyasha and Koga, who were both listening so intently they were practically climbing over each other in their attempts to hear her words before the other one did.

Sesshomaru's dark eyes gleamed as he pulled back to gauge her promise. Inu were naturally affectionate with their mates, but if it would gain him more than just her participation in their sex-life, then he was willing to agree.

"You have yourself a deal, darling," he purred.

For a while, at any rate...
******


lesson ten - your Inu will most likely break every rule he does not feel required to obey. If in doubt as to his continued good behavior, remember that positive reinforcement will make a big difference.
%%%%%%%%%%%%

::smiles like an idiot and takes dictation from Sesshomaru::
 
a.n. because it should be obvious by now who is really in control, here…
 
Next Chapter : A day in the life of an Inu and his mate