InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The last week of school spent in DT ❯ Games ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
tomiie_789: I have decide that Kagome will be refered to as I/me. Okay? So no confusion. You can start reading now okay...alright I'll leave you alone with no confusion. Okay alright. I'm gonna shut up starting now. Okay? Good! No confusion whatsoever!
************************************************************************ **********************************************************************

(at the park)

"Would you like to do something again Kagome?"

"Where would you take me?" Inuyasha smiled deepened. 'Don't break your face with that smile.'

"I know tons of places..." He purred."It's getting late." He stood and helped me rise."Wouldn't want your mom to get too bad of a first impression."

"Whoa when did we drag my mother into this!?"

"Keh! Relax I'll carry you home." He had all my belongings in his arms and me over his shoulder. He beagain running his damn fast speed again.

"I can walk." Inuyasha completely ignored what I said and pulled me tighter against his back. My chest was pushed tightly against his back. 'He's
doing this all delibritely. Though I have to give him credits for being persistent.'

"Which way?"

"Left here." I pointed at the next street."I live at the Higurashi shrine."

"Ah...so that's where you live." 'Alrighty then.' Inuyasha traunched up the stairs to the shrine with ease. You'd think he was a body builder. Once we
got to the top of the stairs he set me down and held out his hand I heisitated. "I won't bite."

"I know." I placed my hand in his and before we reached the patio Grampa came out of the house armed with sutras throwing them all over
Inuyasha chanting....

"EVIL BE GONE! I WON'T LET YOU TAKE MY ONLY GRANDAUGHTER!" 'This isn't embarassing.'

"What's your problem!" Inuyasha tore off sutra after sutra off his grey shirt.

"GRAMPA!" That shut Grampa up."This is my friend Inuyasha!" Grampa narrowed his eyes.

"Hmph! 'It' could have been a demon." He went back inside.

"Sorry about that. Ah..." Inuyasha walked onto the patio."Where are my manners come in." I escorted Inuyasha in. Mom came to greet us with enthusiam.

"KAGOME! WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU....Who's this?" I lied about enthusiam.

"I'm Inuyasha her 'date'. Sorry I kept her out so long." 'Notice how he emphasised 'date'.

"Kagome you didn't tell me you had a date." I shrugged."Do you have each others numbers?"

"Uh..." Inuyasha nevously jibbled. Mom disappeared for less than a second and had a paper and pencil in her hand. It's like she had the pencil and paper in waiting for years just waiting until someone came over. I eyed here suspiciously.

"Here this is ours," she quickly jotted down the number and ripped off a piece and handed it to Inuyasha."Please write your number." Inuyasha regained
his composture and wrote down his number. Mom winked at me. 'E 'Gads! Mom has been planning this! My mom really wants me to date the worst student in the entire school? Cool!'

"Well I gotta get going. See yah later Kagome." He waved and left.

"Next tell me when you have a date with Inuyasha." Mom went off to do whatever mothers do when your not looking. I leaned against the wall
and waved the piece of paper back and forth. "Surely I must be dreaming! Inuyasha Bujutsu gave me his number and he has mine."

"Maybe you can die happy..." Souta yawned.

"Oi! Souta what are you doing up?"

"I could ask the same for you." Souta turned his head to side glance me. 'What's the little brat's problem?'

"Well I don't have a game tomarrow." He shrugged.

"So just because your older doesn't mean you get to stay up...Right Mom!" Mom was humming wildly she was so happy she started to bake something...cake?

"I'm going to bed right now..." I patted a yawn with a hand and went to my room. Inside my room I sat Inuyasha's number down on my bed side table. 'Maybe I should laminate it. No! I should memorize it.'

(hours later)

"555-1709...555-1709...555-1709...555-1709...555-1709." The alarm momentarily stopped me from memorizing the number. I pounded it with my fist. Finally at six in the morning I can stop. I had it make sure I remembered it so I stayed up all night memorizeing it. 'I have issues.'

Wide awake/dead tired at six in the morning it went downstairs in my pjs for breakfast. Yep wide awake/dead tired...(yawn) I'm okay.

"Kagome it's a shock to see you up so early...have a seat at the table." Mom incouraged me yawning I sat she served me up some cake she had made last night. 'Haha I was right.' I happily munched the delicious chocolate frosted yellow cake. The cake was singing in my mouth it told me to eat more cake and get more sugar. "I have to drop Souta off at swimming, make sure you don't fall back asleep. If you do tell them your sick and give them this just add the day in the corner."

(thirty minutes after they left)

'Mom's letting me skip? This is to good to be true.' I poketed the written excuse. 'This shall come in handy!' Skipping up the stairs I fell flat on my face it hurt...alot.

"Kagome you should be more careful," Grampa came from his room under the stairs. (Just kidding) He came from his room which is the closet to the stairs? "If you don't watch where your going you could get seriously hurt."

"Yah Yah!" I pulled myself up with the railing. "You threw off my groove." Chuckling I ran into my room and stared at the number. '555-1709...this must be memorized.'

(second alarm 7:30)

I stopped the alarm and dressed in a short green mini skirt and a white tank top and a loose white overshirt. I wore flip-flops and had my hair in another ponytail again. I went down stairs and chugged two sodas to keep me wide awake. 'I am wide awake my legs can run a mile...but only my legs my lungs get in the way and it's hard to breathe. Cause as soon as I start running I'll be tired.' I frowned at my inability to be athletic. Souta probably could run faster than me.

(8:00)

'To go to school today or not go to school today that is the question...'

(8:01)

'Not.'

(8:02)

'Inuyasha will be there.'

(On way to school)

Walking I kept my pace I had to be at school before 8:15 or be thrown from my next class. Slamming my locker open I grabbed everything and went straight to the Tap room.

"Ms.Higurashe this is becomeing a habit." Mrs.teacher lady said in her oh so intelligent mispernouncing of hers. Shrugging I sat in my isolated cubicle. Waiting for Inuyasha...the air never tasted so fresh.

(9:00)

'Where the heck is he?' Inuyasha still hadn't arrived.

(9:30)

'What is he trying to stay in here the rest of the week!'

(10:00)

'Somethings wrong he would've been in by now!'

(10:30)

'Is he in idependent study?'

(11:00)

'Does he skip?'

(11:30)

'Grr..'

(12:00)

'... well then maybe he won't call me either.' eating lunch in the Tap room I stabbed my potatoes. (Their to easy to stab its no fun.)

(1:00)

'Well I'm (yawn) beat.'

(2:00)

'zzzzzz.'

"Ms.Higurashe! Wake up!"

(3:00)

'zzzzzzz.'

(3:15)

"RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!" The end of school bell sounded. Dead tired/not at all awake I went to Mr.Takanada's and plopped down in my chair and slumped down tiredly.

"Ms.Higurashi have you finished your written apology?" Yawning I answered back.

"It's on my to do list."

"Hmph!" 'Hmph! Yourself...get rid of h and add u. Now do what I just told you Mr.Takanada I'm telling you with my brain go hump yourself!' The door slammed and instantly my eyes drove to the door. It wasn't who I was expecting. It was that one girl and guy from before.

(short flashback)

After school she had another detension to look forward to. When she arrived it appeared her and Inuyasha weren't the only ones who would have detension. There was a boy and a girl on opposite sides of the room. The boy had a red hand slap on his right cheek and the girl did everything possible not to turn in his direction. Inuyasha arrived in the room with another door slam and layed back in his lazy position.

"Inuyasha would you sit up straight if you would have survived because my..." Mr.Takanada begain.

"Feh! Does that fuckin shit even matter to me? No it doesn't." Inuyasha answered his own question so Mr.Takanada didn't answer.

"Sango, Miroku you may leave now just don't left that happen again."

"Don't worry." Sango eyes bulged out of her head in anger."It won't." After the two left Mr.Takanada stared at Kagome and when she realized he was staring she flinched in her seat.He gave her one of those creepy stares when adult check out girls.

(end short flashback)

'It's that Sango girl and that Miroku dude from before...'

"Sango I thought you said it wouldn't happen again." Mr.Takanada sighed Miroku had to giant red spots on each cheek.

"I didn't plan on it." Sango said angrily.

"Well take your seats and serve your time you interupted my class for your little stunt you pulled." Miroku with all his good graces gave no worded responce alough he looked extremely proud of himself despite all odds.

"Mr.Takanada please come to the main office!" The loudspeaker sounded.

"Why does this always happen at exactly this time of the day?!" Mr.Takanada got up without hesitation."Stay in your seats and no talking!" After he left I found closing my eyes to be very comfortable. A presence was in front of my face and slowly I drew one eye open.

"Ahh!" I leaned to far back in my desk/chair and it fell back. Miroku only leaned forward.

"Here allow me to help you up." He grabbed both of my hands and pulled me close to him."I want you to bear my children."

"Hicca? And just why would I do that?"

"For whatever reason..." Sango interrupted him.

"Don't listen to a word he says!" she yelled from the corner and stuck her nose in the air.

"But Sango..." I took this as a opertunity and got out of his grip.

"Don't but me Sango!"

"Honest I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize to me! Apologize to her!" He looked at me and smiled.

"Please forgive my rudeness." I nodded.

"So now your not going to apologize to me are you?"

"I did!" I yawned and thought accidentally out loud...

"Those two are fighting like a lovers spat." Both looked at me.

"What did you say!" Sango lept from her seat and was right in my face.

"Uh..." (You know those comercials that somone makes a slip up and then they say thankyou and everythings okay) "Thankyou?" (Now probably isn't one of those times.)

"We are not in a lover's spat! Were not lovers either."

"Denying you destiny now could throw off the future." Miroku raised his pointer finger to make a point. Sango slapped his cheek. She smacked him so hard it looked like his cheek was his heart beating."That hurt!"

"Serves you right." The door rattled Sango did a leap to her seat and Miroku did back flips and reached his seat and glared at Sango. So I sat up from where I was sitting and plopped back down bursting into laughter.

"Ms.Higurashi please stop laughing and tell me whats so funny?" Mr.Takanada sat in his desk.

"NO...(chuckle)....thing....(chuckle)...Mr.Takanada." Giggling I threw my head back and cackled madly. I kept laughing until Old ancient gave me that creepy stare. 'Where's Inuyasha?' I nervously sat back up and served my DT until it was over. Surprisingly Sango and Miroku stayed just as long as I did. Though today we left DT at 5:30 Mr.Old man had some buisness to take care of. Sango stormed off and Miroku pranced around her to get her attension and to apologize. I left walking the opposite direction and went home.

(at home)

I opened the door and mom stood there on the cordless phone talking to someone. Just before I took off my shoes to exchange them for slippers mom stopped me.

"Yeah uh-huh uh-huh okay goodbye." She hung up the phone and walked back over to me."I need you to go to Souta's soccer game I need to go runs some errands and I need someone to cheer him on."

"Can't Grampa do it?" I moaned.

"No Grampa's busy with some tourists." Mom then gave me her scary 'You better do this Or I'll...' look.

"Showing them the well again." Mom nodded."Alright!"


(In the car on the way to the game)

"How come you can't come with me to the game Mom?" Souta pouted. 'As if I'm happy about this arrangement.'

"Because I have to run some errands sweety."

"Okay..." In my head I teased Souta. 'I got front seat! I got front seat!' And he knew it too. So I rubbed it in with smile. The car pulled over at the soccer field me and Souta both stepped out of the car and waved are goodbyes to Mom as she drove away. Souta's arms were crossed.

"Listen squirt I don't want to want me to be here either. This is all your fault for not being able to be here alone."

"It's not my fault Mom made up that stupid rule."

"It is soo!" We were right in eachothers face ready to play the game.

"Is not!"

"It is soo!"

"Is not!"

"Is not!"

"It is soo!"

"Is not!"

"Is not!"

"It is soo!"

"Is not!"

"It is soo!" angrily Souta yelled.

"IS NOT!" Everyone on the field stared at the both of us.

"Maybe you should just go and play." I took a seat in the bleachers and watched as all the little grade schoolers set up against there opponents. The team playing against Souta were big and bulky kids. 'Those kids could play Football!' The game commenced as this little kid with black hair was tripped into the hard green grass luckily he got up and went back into the game.

(ten minutes later)

The same kid that got tripped was undoutibly better than Souta. My brother couldn't take two steps without falling. The crowd Ohhed and ahhed. 'Oh yah I'm supposed to cheer him on.'

"Go Souta..." I said without emotion.

"Kohaku bite his head off trip him!" I looked around the crowd to find find where the noise came from. In the midsts of the crowd I stopped Sango.

"Sango?" I called to her.

"Kagome?" She was just as surprised to see me as I was to see her.

"What are you doing here?" I made my way to her.

"I'm cheering for my brother Kohaku he on the green team."

"Thats what I doing to! For my little brother Souta. My brothers on the same team." I took an empty spot next to her. 'Minus the cheering part though.'

"KOHAKU PASS IT TO BUJUTSU!" 'Wait what!?' The boy I assume now is Sango's brother passed the ball to a girl that had her hair in a pony tail. 'Bujutsu? Is she realated to Inuyasha?' Souta lagged behind the crowd of kids running with the ball I did something I wouldn't suspect myself of doing.

"SOUTA! YOU CAN DO JUST KEEP GOING!" My voice carried to him and he paused and stared at me before he continued running the girl kicked him the ball and from newly found strength he made the shot and score. Sango leapt up happily and joined her jumping around it was fun for a moment. People beagain collecting there kids and I watched carefully as the little girl walked up to a person in a white hoodie and a short little man about her height. The person in the hoodie had long silverish blueish hair and for a second I thought it was a woman that was until he stared right at me.

"Come." The man walked away with the short guy and the girl following. I was snapped out of my daze when Sango drew a hand over my face.

"Earth to Kagome come in Kagome." She waved it over and over.

"Sorry. Um do you know if that girl is realated to Inuyasha?" Sango shrugged." Great job on the game Souta and Kohaku."

"Thanks!" Kohaku smiled and went to talk to the coach.

"Um Kagome heres our number." Sango handed it to me."We already have yours since your mom gave it to us."

"Okay." After Sango and Kohaku and everyone went out of view Souta threw his arms around my waist and buried his face in my shirt."Souta?"

"Thankyou." His head was raised he had tears in his eyes. He let go of my and wiped his eyes."Don't tell anyone about this not even Mom. You promise?"

"I promise."

"Good!" He beat me to the car."I call shotgun." When he got in I put up no protest and sat in the back amazing how my little brother could get to me.

(At home in my room)

'Finally some much deserving rest!' I declared happily after I had the luxury of a nice hot bubble bath. I brushed the last tangles and snarles out and layed on my bed.'Now I can get some sleep.' I closed my eyes.

"Kagome phone!" Mom called from downstairs. Slowly I got up and went all the way downstairs and upstairs and back to my room and sat on my bed.

"Moshi Moshi?" I said drowzidly.

"You buzy tomarrow?"