InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The last week of school spent in DT ❯ Getting to know people... ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Kagome?"

"Hi!" I leaned on my foot nervously. Sango seemed to be out of it (giving me the 'How the hell do you know where I live!' look) "I'm here to pick up my brother Souta."

"Oh! Right!" She laughed probably at her own stupidity."Come on in." Sango stepped out of my way and shut the door behind me. Her house had very strange interior. The first thing that struck me was that the floor was made of pure cement as was the walls, and the first room was giantic as big as my whole first floor. Stacked all around the room was shelving units reaching the ceiling, on the many shelves were large plasted items sloppily wrapped in plastic.

"Nice house." 'Oh the intelligence!'

"Uh...thanks." A loud voice boomed in from the background.

"Infidel you have stolen all the carrots and betrayed our ways prepare to die!"

"You have insulted the honor of the lucky rabbit foot clan! You must pay!"

"You have placed your pellets in the wrong pile!" 'What the fuck!' Sango ran through the large room and down the doorway in the left corner. Laughter and giggles took up all the sound. 'What is going on?' I slowly went in the same direction as Sango left. The doorway lead straight into a small hallway which on the left the first door was shut, (locked I checked...I'm far to noisy for my own good) at the end of the hall was a door which obviously was a bathroom, then just before the bathroom was two doors that were bedrooms. Sango's 'obviously' was the one with the beaded doorway (pink beads 'hint hint'). The beaded room was maybe twelve feet long and eight feet wide. (maybe?) Inside simply was a futon on a metal frame bed, and a dresser that had above it was a mirror. 'Minimilist?' The room next to was it was almost the same. Except this room had some pictures on the wall. On the door was a sign saying keep out Kohaku's room, No girls allowed except for SANGO. 'How many girls come to his house anyway?'

The bathroom at the end of the hall as far as I could tell was self explanitory. (you know toliet, shower,sink, mirror?) Just before the bathroom and after Kohaku's room on the right side was a lighted room a large thunk echoed and ricocheted off of the walls.

"OWWW!" Came a loud squeal and then sums of laughter bellowed into the hall. Casually taking my own time I went to the doorway of the room. The walls were the same but in this room was a television set on a shelving unit, a couch, old computer, small orange 1970 year old looking carpet. Oh and my brother, Kohaku, Sango, piled on Miroku on the floor. Sango stood victorious at the top of the pile. 'Go Sango Go!'

"Um what's going on?"

"Oh hey Kagome what are you doing here?" Sota (second to bottom of the pile) squeezed out of the pile.

"Picking you up." The little pests eyes looked at me so wierdly that I felt like I was gonna smack him. 'God he is clueless!'

"Hhaggmalkshlagk!" Everyone got off of Miroku who seemly can't breathe. When Sango got off of the pile Miroku was hacking up a hairball of wind that couldn't reach his mouth."Ka...(cough)gome!"

"Yeah...what?" 'What is he even doing here? Doesn't Sango hate him...or maybe....'

"This is a surprise..." 'No one is really talking.' I stepped into the room.

"So what were you doing before I got here?"

"We were playing a video on the internet." They showed me the video on something about a rabbit and the song kung fu fighting. I don't know how they ended up on the floor but I guess it has to do with all that ku fu fighting. Sota demonstrated what I was thinking by tackling Kohaku on the ground. 'Damn those paws do move fast as lightning.' Sango made some oden for everyone (lunch) and we all sat down to watch tv. After tv...we just sat on the couch it felt awkward again.

"What do you guys do around here?" I paused for a brief moment."Whats with all the plastered things in the other room?" The siblings both looked down at the floor. Kohaku who generally since I saw him never showed all the expression looked like he was sucked dry of any emotion, and I held the vacuum. Sango looked sad to tears but she didn't cry. I wasn't surprised when Miroku tried to touch her shoulders she shooed him away. My brother stared perplexed as I did.

"Well you see...my father.....he was a taxadermist of sorts....," She swallowed heavily,"He took animals and made them stuffed for people...but he also....used their parts to make weapons as a hobby of his. After my mother died he was always plastering the animals, and other things...almost like burying them in their own little tombs for awhile. My mother was into making plaster bowls and things and what you see in the living room is some of her work and some of what my dad did." She inhaled deeply."My father promised us he would get back to work and move on. So went hunting in the woods one day....we were with him he was attacked by a bear...."

"WHERE WERE YOU!"

"We were hunting for some guy who wanted a deer and...the bear....." As strong a person as Sango was she couldn't hold back her own tears. I knelt by her and comforted her. I just let her cry on my lap. Miroku didn't have anything to do or say.

"I'm sorry I brought it up."

"It's fine." Sango wiped her face."I should by now be able to talk about it."

"So your father was gone a long time." She nodded."Then who has been taking care of you?"

"I have actually." Sango smiled wryly."We are on welfare, and your mom has helped us a whole lot. Please thank her again for me!"

"I will don't worry." I looked at the clock on the computer screen."We better get going it's already after two o'clock! Thank you having my brother over."

"It's fine really Miroku and I are working on the project we didn't get to finish...." Her mood flared from depressed to pissed in seconds."Because somebody just had to grab my ass during work time!"

"Well I couldn't help it really!" His hands hung behind his head. 'Well...it wasn't what I thought he was doing here but oh well...' "We got a little distracted by the internet."

"See guys Monday then right?"

"Yeah."

"Alright well lets go Sota." Sota didn't pack up his shit so I had to wait for the pest. When he finally was ready it was two thirty. I swear the brat played instead of packed.

(At the subway)

The sub wasn't nearly as crowded in fact Sota and I were able to sit down instead of stand. 'I'm so glad that one dude isn't here!' I shuddered. 'Why the hell was he all over me anyway?' Then a thought I hadn't taken much account for...what was Koga doing there? And why does he call Inuyasha a mutt? 'His name may have dog in it but the full length it means forest protector. Although why did his mom/dad name him that? Not that his name is a bad name...I love his name.' Sota kicked the chair and tapped his fingers against the metal arm rest. After I couldn't take it anymore I made him stand until he appaulogized. (torture is so very much fun!)

(home)

'Inuyasha said we'll do something Saturday...which is today. He hasn't called me yet!' I burned my eyes into the cordless phone that waited on my end table. It occured to me that I had never called him. I remember the number well enough. '555-1709.' I picked up the phone.'RING Damn you!' It didn't just to annoy me. 'Should I call him?' My fingers pressed 5-5-5-1-7-0-.... (couldn't bring myself to press the last button) My finger somehow made it's way too the nine.....