InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The last week of school spent in DT ❯ Anger bringith confusion ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 12: Anger Bringith Confusion...

(4:30 am)

The red alarm clock pulsated through my eyelids. I pulled both of them down at the same time and let my hands sweep over my lips. I sat up and gazed around my dark room. It's only light eluminated from the outside moon. I blinked still adjusting to the light. 'I'd better pick out something to wear.' My closets light showed me no such clothles for school. The sleeves were to short or in lack of sleeve. I didn't have much luck with jeans either. 'Goddamn it this is hard!' I sighed before my hand was drawn to my school uniform. It used to be mandatory to wear but since the teachers were to chicken shit to enforce it. Nobody wore their uniform.
"This will have to do." I stiffled a yawn. I sat back on the bed dragging the uniform with me. 'Might as well get dressed.' I tugged off my pj's and slowly slid on my green skirt. I put on the nessacaries. (Undies, bra, DEODORANT!) Before putting on the green cuffed long sleeved shirt. Tieing it's red bow that slid under the collar. I brushed my long ebony hair, and looked back at the person in the mirror. (me) I let them win, somehow I gave up. My knee high socks were put on next. Sollemly I brushed my teeth. (Not that I talk to myself when I brush my teeth to hear how funny I sound) Downstairs I gathered my books and put on my shoes. Two steps from the door.

(5:20)

I threw my shoes across the living room floor. Alongside my socks. My face burned red with anger. If that old ancient geezer thinks he getting a apology from me he's wrong! I collasped at my feet. (WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!) 'Thats not all I have to worry about.' I curled up and balled.
"Kagome? Are you alright?" My mom hurried down the stairs."Honey! Whats wrong?"
"Emurelano." She stroked along my back.
"Baby your not making any sense."
"IS IT THAT DEMON!?" I couldn't see but I could hear the sutras fluttering in the air.
"Granpa, go back to bed!" Granpa went back upstairs."Do you want to talk about it?" I violently shook my head. 'Nothing to say.' "Okay, Here let me help you to the couch and make you a nice cup of some chai tea." She had me by the elbows and tucked the woolen blanket granma had made for me completely around me. (Long ago I used to be afraid of 'Snow White' the witch was scary but with this blanket I could sit through it.) 'My eyes feel so heavy.'

(????)

"Kagome, dear do you feel well enough go to school today?" I was gently poked.
"Yeah, did you make the tea yet?"
"I did but you fell asleep." The clock on the wall by the t.v. read 7:00.
"Oh...." I groaned. Carefully I folded my blankie and draped it over the side of the couch. I ran the brush through my hair once more and walked to school.

(Inside prison)

Eyes followed me where ever I went. 'It's like they never saw anyone wear the school uniform.' Mrs. Megumi in the office practically keeled over. 'Yeah so what!!!' Subconsiously I was about to walk into the TAP room. 'God I'm dense.' (sigh)

(Locker)

I kept dropping all my crap on the floor and bending down to get it. A bunch of stupid boys had to stand at the lockers on the other side of the hallway and watch. I was never good at keeping my skirt down. I know one of them saw my underwear. He kept gawking. Suddenly he was leaning on the locker next to me. Inside my bubble more like it. ( Stick your hands out as straight as you can and spin aroud in you circle. If anyone even touches your fingertips their in your bubble) 'Ass.'
"Do you wear a thong?"
"None of your goddamn buisness!" I said with as much spite that could hang off the tip of my tongue.
"How bought a bra? Why don't you take off your shirt and show us!" Four of the guys cheered him at his 'witty' comment.
"I'd like to see her in a..." 'If he finishes that sentence I'm gonna smack him...' The guy was thrown to the floor.
"Hey! What did you do that..." Inuyasha gave the guy a devilish glare. "Sorry man didn't know you were..." Dude scatted before saying anything else. Thank god his posse went with him. Anymore of that and I would be back in the 'TAP room'.
"Inuyasha. I..." He leaned against the lockers. I shut my locker and threw my bag over my shoulder. "What is..." He walked away towards his next class I guess. I sighed and walked towards mine with slumped shoulders. 'MATH! Sucks!' Stupid textbook was forced against my back by the weight of the damn bag. I felt like throwing it like I had with my shoes. Grumbling I sat in my seat.
"KAGOME!" Ayumi, Yuka, and Eri squealed."Your back!" Yuka ran a hand over my forehead.
"You don't have a fever."
"Is everything alright at home?" Eri pried.
"Why does there have to be something wrong!" I snapped.
"Because you've been acting so fucking weird!"
"Were just worried about you." Ayumi, eyes look sad and pathetic. She was always more of a friend than the other two. I don't know if she's ignorant or doesn't let on her wisdom. Maybe we're deemed unworthy. I thought to lighten my mood. When I didn't say anything they went back to their desks.
'What a great way to start the day!' None of the math made any sense. 37>1578. (Not really the math but it made just as much sense.) All through my acedemic classes I was irritible. Every little pissed me off. Surprisingly I didn't snap at a teacher. Out of fusteration I wrote Mr. Takanada a apology. Sorta...

Dear Mr. Takanada,

It's not my fault that the stupid things you said a the auditorium made me laugh. They were just idiotic like you. I have no idea how old you are but I believe somewhere between 1billion zillion trillion and 7,389,487,399,477,483,453,432,245,789,489,378. So here is my fucking apology.

Sincerly,
Kagome Higurashi

(I crumpled up the note and threw it in the trash.) I sorta wished I didn't crumble it into that many pieces. I would have given him the damn thing but damn independent study!
"God Inuyasha! Do you have to be such a asshole." I mumbled to myself. One minute he's the happiest thought the next I'm pissed because he won't say whats bothering him. A part of me said it's none of my buisness. The other screamed,"HE SAID HE FRICKEN TELL YOU WHY DOESN'T HE ALREADY!" 'He could have at least said something. I should talk to him. I could start by thanking him for punching that guy. Yeah thats what I'll do.' (Than what?) 'I'll just have to wing it.' Arguing with ones emotions is a difficult battle.

(In the halls)

Scouting out Inuyasha wasn't as easy as I hoped. Nada. The one face I did see on my way to gym was Koga. 'Don't see me don't see me...'
"Kagome!" He ran and held both of my hands. "It's so great to see your alright." The subway flashed into my mind.
"Yeah, thanks again for that." I tore away my hands from his grip. Inuyasha walked totally oblivious of everything. He walked into the gym doors. 'I never knew he was in my gym class. Then again I really don't know much about him.' "I uh gotta get to class."
"You got gym." I nodded whilst I hurried my pace to catch up with Inuyasha."Me too what a coicidence!" 'Oh crap.' I ran to the girls locker room. "I'll see you when you..." The door slammed behind me. I really wished I could have caught up to Inuyasha before he went into the boys locker room. Of course I could go in there be embarassed out of my mind and turn cherry red. 'Eh, no' I put on the red Buruma and white shirt. (Standard uniform) 'Nice thought though.'

Inuyasha's gaze caught mine. I waved his lips crinkled a bit at the corner before turning to the boys game of basketball. Koga thought I had waved at him and beemed with overwhelming joy.

"HI KAGOME! How about a date after school!" He yelled. I blanched. Inuyasha 'accidently' pushed him to the ground. Before beginning a one on one match of basketball. 'He is jealous as usual. At least today there is some normalicy.' A couple girls giggled and mumbled some shit about me behind my back.

"She does have a boyfriend she wasn't telling us about!" Eri shrieked.

"And it's not Hojo!" Yuka pitched in. Hojo not far away heard her and seemed totally bummed out.

"What does 'My Inuyasha' have to do with that girl?" Kikyo snorted. 'Kikyo, when the hell did he become hers!' I want to strangle her.

"Alright girls put on your heels! And stun, stun, stun!" Mrs. Mann cried in her urksome voice. Hurriedly the other girls set up for volleyball to impress the other boys. Only one boys attention was I seeking. 'Fuck Kikyo. He spends time with me!' She shouted out teams. For the different nets. "Akiko, Haruko, Yukiko, Kikyo, and Miyu! Over on that side!" "Eri, Moe, Yuka, Ayumi, and Kagome other side!" 'Oh course Kikyo has to be with me.' I stood next to Moe to not make waves with my friends.

Mrs. Mann practically bowed down to Kikyo as she handed her the volleyball. Kikyo's icy, preppy, bitchy, cold, foreboding, sinister, (must I go on) gaze stared me down I knew I was her next target. I stared back at her. 'Bring it on bitch!' A moment after reading my expression she smiled. A literal fucking smile~! 'Oy.' Her smiled stayed planted on her smug face. Kikyo's weird behavior was throwing off if she was going to pass it to me now or later. NOW! I punted it back to her. She passed it back to me. The volleying began somehow I couldn't stop getting it back to her. She would jump ahead of the other four girls in her team to get it to me. We went back and forth for what seemed like forever. Kikyo spiked it down at me. It hit me before I could do a thing about it. Smack on my noggen. I stumbled to the ground. I was never good a spikes and that bitch knows it. Inuyasha and Koga stopped their one on one both to gawk at me. Haruko gave Kikyo a high five. I gritted my teeth, bit my lip and tossed it back to Kikyo it was her serve. I had cost my team a point.

My pride was almost singed. At the serve Kikyo fucking spiked it again! I jumped for it and spiked it back. So it barely was two feet from the net. Kikyo leaped to try to get it down low but fell on her gut. 'Point for moi!' We attacked ruthlessly at eachother constantly gaining the point back the other took. Kikyo by some miraculous occurance kept missing the serves I made. She whined that we cheated. Mrs. Mann took a point away from my team. We were tied. It finally was my turn to serve I passed it to Haruko. She hit it to Ayumi.

"Kagome!" Ayumi cried when the ball went my direction instead of over the net. The ball hovered above my head. My arms made contact and swung it over the net. Kikyo missed the final shot. We won! My teamed did a circle cheer. All was forgiven.

Inuyasha cried, triumphantly at the disgrentled Koga,"I won fair and square!" He jogged over to me his sweaty muscles glistening. And hugged me! He even kissed my forehead!

"I'm sorry I've been so cold today. Walk with me after you've changed."

"Oke." Kikyo threw a tantrum. Inuyasha left to get changed. My eyes followed his chest. 'Shirtless boy wonder!' Koga held his breath before walking his new posse Ginta and Hokaku trailing behind like dogs.

"How could she do what I cannot!" Kikyo screeched. Her attendants Haruko and Miyu patted her back and gave her a round of there, there we'll get her back, as she stormed into the locker room. 'I'd like to fucking see them try.'

"Huddle!"Yuri and Eri shoved me and Ayumi. "Kagome whats going on with you and that guy."

"What do you mean?" I asked coyly.

"Oh stop Kagome." Yuri gurgled. " What's going on?" I twirled my greasy hair with my index finger.

"We're sorta kinda seeing each other." I left them hanging mouths open and went to my locker to strip of the sweaty vile shirt. Inuyasha's sweat with my own made my white shirt grey. It looked like I smeared greasy pizza all over it.

"Kagome I've never seen you play that well before!" Moe said happily.

"Thanks Moe!" I beemed she never had really given me a compliment let alone speak to me.

"Yeah." Moe gathered her things and left. I happily changed and briefly washed with a half wet half dry towel. A force shoved me hard against the lockers.

"Ow!" I grumbled in displeasure.

"Don't think that you've won." Kikyo said spitefully. "I will get my way I always do." With that she left.

(Happy Hour)

Inuyasha was waiting for me as I exited the locker room. Eri, Yuka, and Ayumi waved at me and giggled as they pasted Inuyasha. He took my hand and squeezed it. I squeezed it back in return. It was lunch time so we were free to eat outside.

"Kagome, I have been neglecting to talk to you." I nodded in awknowledgment. "Because well...I'm a drunk." The comment didn't exactly surprise me in the least.

"So why put it off for so..." He put his finger to my lip.

"Ever since my mom died I've been chugging it down every night like it was the fucking water. My tolerance level went up for it so I took more. I fucking hated everyone!" His gaze was serious pausing to see if I absorbed the words. "During that time I... had spent only with one person. Kikyo." My jaw dropped."She was the only one who would talk to me even though she was disgusted by me. I wasn't exactly how she wanted me to be so...not long after one night she pissed me off so much I...just..." He squinted. Perhaps holding back tears."I just doused too much, the bastard Naraku hurt Kikyo. Everyone blamed me. Even Kikyo. I guess she was just sick of me. I saw her the next day fucking kissing him."

"Who's this Naraku?"

"A MOTHER FUCKING FUCK! His father Setsuna Takemaru killed my mother in a car crash! But he fucking did it on purpose." I kissed his cheek. He stopped his yelling and continued. " He's back at school now he was suspended for most of the year."

"How come I've never heard or seen him?"

"I dunno. He's been in 'Independent Study'." He looked away. 'No wonder he didn't want to go there. No doubt he'll see Naraku if he did.' "They let him back a couple of days ago to school to graduate. I didn't want to whine about it. Cause that ain't my way. I figured you'd just not tolerate me if I told you."

"Why?"

"It's a fact that no one else has."

"Kikyo did though didn't she?" His facial features made it apparent he didn't like where I was going with this."She was with you for awhile right?"

"Almost a year. But she fucking betrayed me! She fucking hates me!" 'So why does she want you now?' I pondered silently."I just wasn't sure alright." He put his arm over my shoulder. "You surprised me on how much you freaked out."

"I only freaked out because I was worried about you."

"I know. Thats why I'm glad we had this conversation." He pulled me against him and cupped my mouth into his. All the anger I had for him dissolved away. The bell for the next hour rang. "Come on lets go." He held my hand and smiled at me I smiled back.


tomiie_789: Trust me I will update soon as I have the time!

Word you may not know:

Buruma: These are standard, modern Japanese female gym shorts that allow more freedom for leg movement.