InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Sarrow of a Broken Priestess ❯ Kagura's Riddle ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer- I do not own Inuyasha

Chapter 5- Kagura's Riddle



"I said we go this way!"

"No, this way!"

"This way!"

"Damn you I'll rip you apart!"

"Go ahead and try!"

Sango, Shippou, Miroku and Kirara al sweat dropped as they watched the two men argue. Miroku stepped in between them as they both prepared their weapons to fight.

"Stop it both of you. We will never find Kagome if you both sit around and fight all day."

Both men glared at each other and looked the other way.

"Now, I think it would be best to follow Inuyasha. He will be able to find Kagome's scent."

Bankotsu looked angry but gave a nod of his head. Inuyasha proudly began to lead the way until Kagura landed in front of him.

"Hello, Inuyasha."

"Where is Kagome?" Bankotsu asked.

"What you like that wench? How cute two men fighting over the same girl. Don't worry Bankotsu you will see her sonn and after she's done with you she'll soon join you."

"What the hell does that mean?"

Inuyasha raised his Tetsaiga and used his wind scar. Kagura easily dodged it.

"If you want a fight I will give it to you."

////////////////////////

Kagome came to a small village. She wasn't sure about going to it but she was tired of sleeping on the cold hard ground and she was starving. She stumbled her way to a man that was standing outside of his hut.

"Well hello young lady. How may I be of service to you?"

"Food...sleep." Her throat was so dry from the lack of water those were the only words she could manage to get out.

"Okay right this way please."

She followed the man to an empty hut.

"We haven't had many visitors so you'll have all this room to yourself. I'll go get you some food and drink."

"Thanks."

The man returned a short ime later with a bowl of rice and a jug of water. Kagome quickly downed the whole jug of water and then the rice shortly after. After eating four bowls of rice and drinking five jugs of water Kagome finally lay herself down on the futon. Sleep came to her quicklyand she dreamed of nothing.

She rose when she could hear a voice in her head.

'Kill them Kill them all like you killed Kikyo.'

"I will kill them all." She grabbed her sword and went outside. It was early morning and everyone was just rising. Kagome tried to fight Naraku when she saw a small child running and playing outside.

'Make that child the second person you've killed.'

'I will not do it! I will not kill anyone else.'

'Kill them all.'

'I said I WON'T do it!"

'Kukuku, how long do you think you can fight me?'

'Long enough for me to get away from here.'

"My lady are you leaving already?"

Kagome turned to see the old man that had helped her.

"Yes, I have to go now."

"But don't you want to eat first?"

'Kill him, kill him even though he helped you.'

'I can't do it leave me alone.'

'Kill him.'

Anger rose in Kagome's heart and consumed her mind. She lifted her sword and ran at the man.

"What are you doi-"

His head fell to the ground and the villagers began to run and scream. Kagome smirked and went after the next man she saw.

////////////

"Move out of the way Inuyasha. We can't risk you getting hurt. I'm already dead."

"What? No I wanto to kill her!"

"Don't you understand? If you die I might not be able to save Kagome. Remember I still have that shard inside my body."

"Feh."

Inuyasha stepped back as Bankotsu lifted his Banryuu.

"How touching. Now you even risk your life for the half demon. I would stay and kill all of you, but that job is for someone else."

She flew into the air and looked back down.

"Like I said you and Kagome will be together soon Bankotsu."

"Damn it."

He put his Banryuu over his shoulder and began walking.

"Where the hell are you going!?"

"I am going to find Kagome. We don't have time to wait."

"Why are you so concerned for Kagome anyway?"

"Let's go."

They began walking down the path again when Inuyasha stopped.

"I smell blood. It's fresh."

They ran after Inuyasha and were shocked when they came to the village. Many huts were on fire. There were men lying all over the ground missing different limbs. Huddled at the back of the village was a small group of woman and children. Bankotsu ran over to them.

"What happened here."

"She killed all of the men. She only left us, the women and our children alive."

"Who did this?"

"A very pretty woman. She came here for shelter and food. She seemed very sweet at first, but then..."

Inuyasha came to stand beside Bankotsu. They exchanged glances at each other.

"Where is the village nearest to here?"

"It is a few miles that way."

"Not very far at all sir."

"Sango, Miroku, you guys stay here with Shippou and Kirara. Help them fix up the village. Bankotsu and I will go look for Kagome."

"Okay."

"Be careful. It would break Kagome's heart if she hurt either of you." Sango said looking at Bankotsu then back at Inuyasha.

"Come on, and keep up." Bankotsu said as he began running behind the woman into the woods.

"Me keep up with you? Feh, like that'll be hard."

///////////////////////

Kagome looked at her sword then at her hands. Blood covered both of them. She threw her sword far from her and took off her clothes. She lowered herself into the hotspring and closed her eyes.

She could feel someone's prescence and her eyes shot open.

"Kagura."

"Can't take the look of blood?"

"Leave me alone."

"You already are alone. Do you think any of your friends will want to be around a cold blooded killer like you?"

Kagome let this thought go through her head again. It had been the only thing she had though about since she finally left the village.

"Bankotsu, won't care. Inuyasha, will probably hate me because of Kikyo. And the others will probably fear me and look at me with disgust and hate."

"Bankotsu only looks for you to get your help. He wants you to help him understand why he's staring to live without his shard."

"Fine, then I'm alone. That's where I belong, by myself. It's for the best. Now go away before I kill you."

"You would die before you reached that sword."

"You think Naraku would let you kill me?"

"No, he wants you to do it."

Kagura began walking and picked up the sword. She threw it to Kagome who caught it in her hand.

"You'll be needing that."

She disappeared and Kagome closed her eyes again. She remembered the village men begging for their lives.

flashback

"Please, don't kill me. Please don't hurt my wife and son."

"Don't worry I won't hurt them. Their deaths will be quick and painless. I promise."

She brought the sword into his chest and twisted it. She felt strength when she aw him fall to the ground.

end flashback

'I actually enjoyed it? Until I get this shard out I will have to remain on my own. I can't risk killing another person.'

'Go to the next village. This time kill them all.'

"I WON'T KILL ANYONE ELSE!"

'Kill them, you like to kill them.'

"NO, I DON'T!"

'Kill them all...'

Kagome could heat the anger in Naraku's voice. She felt an invisible hand grip her heart. Kagome gasped in pain. She lifted herself out of the spring and fell to the ground.

'Kill them all or you die.'

'I don't care. My life is woth saving other's.'

'What about Inuyasha? He broke your heart. Does he deserve to live after everything he has done to you.'

'Yes, he does...'

'You hate him, kill the villagers and then kill him.'

'No, I can't...'

'You hate him, do it!'

She put her clothes on and grabbed her sword.

"I'll do it."

"Kagome! Kagome!"

She turned to find herself face to face with the one she was meant to kill and the one that had broken her heart.

/////////////////////