InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Thieves put Theives in Their Place ❯ That Morning ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome woke up, then sat up slowly and looked around. Something was missing, but she didn't know what. She looked down, and then realized, Inuyasha wasn't there. Wonder where he went… Kagome got out of the bed walking lazily to the door as she tried to regain her motor skills. She made it to the door and opened it leaning on the frame as she looked around. Something was off. “It's too quiet.” Kagome said as she walked downstairs.
 
“I said shut up.” Inuyasha hissed at Sango.
 
“I'm up talk louder.” Kagome said as she sat down next to Inuyasha on the couch.
 
“Ok then we can get down to business.” Sango said in a normal tone.
 
“There is none, we're not going after Naraku, at least not you and Kagome.” Inuyasha said shaking his head.
 
“Naraku?” Kagome asked looking at everyone.
 
“He was the guy from yesterday.” Miroku said quietly.
 
“Then of course we're going after him!” Kagome yelled at Inuyasha.
 
“I told you not to tell her!” Inuyasha yelled at Miroku.
 
“Inuyasha you are not stopping me and Sango!” Kagome yelled.
 
“I'm not stopping you, I'm forbidding you to!” Inuyasha growled at her.
 
“Same thing!” She and Sango yelled.
 
Inuyasha reached out and covered Kagome's mouth. “I realize you want your revenge for your parents, but Naraku is dangerous. I'll get you revenge for you.”
 
Kagome shook her head seeing as she couldn't yell at him.
 
“You aren't coming.” Inuyasha said as he dropped his hand from her mouth with a warning growl.
 
“Then I'll go on my own.” Kagome growled at him.
 
“I'll go too.” Sango said glaring at Miroku for agreeing with Inuyasha.
 
“Neither of you are going.” Miroku said calmly.
 
Kagome glared at Inuyasha who was glaring back.
 
“I'm going and that's that.” Kagome said standing up.
 
“You are not!” Inuyasha growled as he stood up grabbing her arm.
 
Kagome glared back at him then at Sango who wasn't following her. Then she realized Sango was tied up. “What did you do to her?!”
 
“What I'm about to do to you if you don't listen to me.” Inuyasha said as he looked over at Sango then back at Kagome.
 
“Inuyasha, you aren't going to stop me, I got away once I can do it again.” Kagome said darkly.
 
Inuyasha growled at her as he lead her to the door yelling back at Miroku, “I'll be back late tonight, early tomorrow, you can let Sango go, but if she gets away it's your problem!”
 
“Inuyasha where are you taking me?” Kagome asked as she fought to keep up.
 
“To show you something and hopefully teach you something about demon mate when I'm done.” Inuyasha growled as he slowed down letting her walk beside him, but he never let go of her hand.
 
Kagome kept quiet as Inuyasha lead her down the street. “What are you going to show me in a library?” Kagome asked as they walked up the steps and into the large library.
 
“I need a computer, and Kaede doesn't have one, other wise I would have shown you there.” Inuyasha said as they walked to the last computer in the row closest to the wall. Inuyasha sat down letting go of Kagome. “Sit and don't move, I don't feel like chasing you down in a public place.”
 
Kagome nodded as Inuyasha went to a website, put in a password, then pulled up a file on Naraku. Inuyasha pulled her chair closer to his and turned the computer slightly so no one would see.
 
“Kagome tell me when you're done.” Inuyasha said as he pulled up a small article.
 
“Where'd you get this?” Kagome asked before reading it.
 
“I had my gang set it up, so we knew everything my enemy's do.” Inuyasha said keeping his hand on the mouse so Kagome didn't scroll down when she was done with that part. Kagome was shaking at the end. “Do you still want to go after him know that you know what he's capable of?” Inuyasha questioned hoping she would say that she wouldn't go after him.
 
“I-I'm still going.” Kagome fought to say. She had just read a detailed description of one of his murders, and she wanted to say she wasn't going, but she had to.
 
“Kagome you can't.” Inuyasha said as he looked at her shocked. “I've lost some of my best to him; he's almost taken me down.”
 
“I'm still going.” Kagome said shaking her head. Inuyasha shook his head as he went back up. “What was on the rest of the page?”
 
“A picture.” Inuyasha said shaking his head at the memory.
 
“You guys took a picture?” Kagome squeaked in horror.
 
“No he sent us one, and I had it put up as a reminder that no one goes after him alone.” Inuyasha said as he turned off the site and stood up.
 
“I'm still going…” Kagome said when the got to the bottom of the stairs.
 
Inuyasha pulled her to him and growled in her ear, sending shivers down her spine, “Kagome I'm not letting you, that would put you in deadly danger, and as your mate I will do everything in my power to stop you.”
 
Kagome pulled away from him and nodded, excepting his challenge. “It won't stop me.”
 
Inuyasha growled and grabbed her hand; he wasn't going to let her run, just because it was crowded. “Come on.” Inuyasha loosened his grip as they walked down the street, and Kagome was looking around at the people and in the shops at various things.
 
“Inuyasha?” Kagome asked looking up at him.
 
“Hmm?” Inuyasha looked down at her as she stopped.
 
“Where are we going?”
 
“No where really, why you want something?” Inuyasha said with a shrug.
 
“Nah I was just curious.” Kagome said as they started walking again.
 
“I hope you didn't forget about what I said earlier, because you're not getting out of it.” Inuyasha said with a smirk. Kagome glared at him telling him what he thought was right. “Caught you huh?”
 
“It's not fair you can probably smell my lie.” Kagome said as she pouted a little.
 
“I can your sent changes.” Inuyasha said grinning at her.
 
“I thought so…” Kagome said shaking her head.
 
“I am a hanyou, babe.” Inuyasha said. He smirked at her when she glared at him for the nickname. “Well then babe, what do you want to do? At around 9:00 we'll head to where we're going.”