InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To be so close, and yet so far away ❯ Jumping ahead 10 years ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

To be so close and yet, so far away

Disclaimer: See chapter 1

Author's side comments: Sorry but I've decided to jump ahead 10 years.(hence the title) I know that I might have made a mistake but it fits well with the story. You'll see, and I dedicate this chapter to Drof tceferp. Please read and review!

Chapter 2 Jumping ahead 10 years (written in still third person) (Narrator)

He woke up and looked over at the sleeping form next to him. (And no he did not sleep with any one, if that's what you're thinking) It was around 4:30am and the sky was turning a little lighter by the minute.

He sighed in disappointment knowing that soon his physical form would disappear and he would be a ghost again. The ten year old shivered and moved as if she was searching for someone. He chuckled to himself and had a sigh of relief, when he saw her face was at a deep peace.

`Finally she's quiet' he thought as a flashback from the night before came to him.

……………………R 30;………~Flashback~……………& #8230;……………..…………..

"How could you hit him!?" Maeko(The ten years old mother) shrieked.

"You said if he acted up, that I could hit him on the butt!" cried the ten year old. (Her name is Piper by the way.)

"Yeah but not that hard!" her mother yelled pointing to a spot visible by pulling up his shirt. It was red and it looked as if he had been scratched. She had hit him above his rear and he, her brother, was crying.

"And you did not need to scratch him!" her mother added still yelling.

"I didn't scratch him!" Piper yelled back.

*SLAP*

Her mother had slapped her and she, Piper, fell to the ground. (Whoa O.O)

"Yes you did! How else could he have gotten that mark!?" her mother yelled back, "Now go to your room and don't you dare talk back to me!"

Piper got up, clutching her cheek, and ran into her room. She ran into her bed and pulled the covers over her head. She didn't even notice Sesshomaru sitting in the chair. He waited before approaching her. He was about to touch her shoulder when she started crying. She was shaking even under two blankets.

He hesitated a bit more and then pulled back her covers to reveal her face. Still crying even though her eyes were closed, she murmured something but it was quiet and she murmured into her pillow.

He bent down and stood on his knees and wiped a tear that was going down her face.(OOC but I don't care)

She opened her eyes and asked, "Who are you?"

"I am Sesshomaru," he told her, "Are you okay? ……"

She nodded. "……Then why are you crying?" although he already knew. (He was listening)

"I was just doing what my mother told me to do if he was bad," she said, and then added as if annoyed, "He was getting on my nerves."

She couldn't believe she was talking to a stranger but somehow she felt as if she could trust him. He sat down by her legs.

"Yes little brothers can be annoying," he said remembering Inuyasha,(he he) "But why would you cry for that? He pulled her on his lap and stroked her hair. (OOC but on the bright side, SESSHOMARU'S ARM GREW BACK!!)

"I hate it when I'm yelled at," she said with a little force, showing/telling she was angry, "and even when I didn't do anything wrong."

"No you didn't. You did exactly what your mother told you to do." He said and she looked up at him.

"However, maybe you did hit him a little too hard, don't you think?" he said looking down at her waiting to respond.

A minute passed and then she said,

"Well I guess I don't know my own strength."

"Not everyone knows their own strength," said Sesshomaru.

There was a pause. Piper muttered something.

"What?"

"I said, `I didn't mean to'" Piper said yawning and closing her eyes.

"Of course," he said laying her down and then laying down next to her,

" I believe you."

(Alright I know Sesshomaru was probably/mostly OOC but I wanted to do that. Don't worry, there's going to be chapter's where you're going to say, "Now that's the Sesshomaru I know." Please Review.)

(P.S Even though this is a self-insertion my mother wouldn't hit me like that. I only put the mother like that for the story's sake.)