InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unhappy ❯ chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 12

 

With a new pair of socks on her feet and the dogs now being walked by none other then Sesshomaru himself, who promised to talk to Inuyasha about the reason for his visit later, he left with a grumble about walking the stupid damn dogs.

 

She and Inuyasha now sat quietly on the couch in her living room.

 

The silence was killing her, it was way to quite. She fidgeted from sticking one leg underneath herself to the other, in a small attempt to give Inuyasha a hint that she wasn't enjoying where this was going and she wanted out now!

 

She looked at him out of the corner of her eye, still not sure about what to say to him now that she new well….everything.

 

After Sesshomaru had left with the dogs, or should we say the scared dogs, she and Inuyasha had a long drug out conversation about what he was and where he and Sesshomaru came from.

 

She recalled him saying they were considered `royalty' almost four hundred years ago and was most likely the last of their kind. He wasn't for sure on that, they seem to have went into hiding long ago fearing the human race would over throw them how…sadly they were right.

 

She questioned him on how the humans over threw their kingdom. He simply shrugged his shoulders, saying he and Sesshomaru were off on one of the many adventures they took when they were younger, and when they got back everything was destroyed.

 

As he spoke of those things she imagined him in red clothing, somewhat similar to that of an anime character she saw once.

 

He was standing at the top of a mountain holding his powerful sword at his side, looking over the once lovely village of his home. A castle off in the distance now stood in flames as the morning sun came to kiss the skin of those who survived the ordeal and all those who didn't. His long silver hair was blowing in the breeze behind him as if it were saying, `I'm sorry'.

 

She glanced at him once more, why she did this? She didn't know? But to her he was just Inuyasha the out spoken, I don't give a shit about anything guy. Why would, him being a demon change anything?

 

"Inuyasha…" She breathed, knowing he would her as the tips of his pointed ears twitched.

 

"You want to get out of here? I know this great little diner near my apartment." Inuyasha said his words all coming together forming into one big mumble, which made Kagome have to stop and think for a moment to understand.

 

"Uh…yeah…sure" Kagome said, breaking out of her frazzled state.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

The sound of the jingle jangle of bells sounded as a young couple walked threw the door, their cold winters breath disappearing as they both began to take off there warm jackets, hanging them on the nearby coat rack.

 

Kagome had come to an understanding that Inuyasha had a concealment spell that allowed him to look human. In this way they had survived the ordeal of four hundred years ago in their kingdom.

 

As they made there way to a table Kagome was making a swooshing sound as the snow that was gathered at the bottom of her jeans was beginning to melt.

 

"CINDY!" a black spiky haired waitress yelled from behind the counter who was sitting on a stool, scaring the crap out of Kagome.

 

Kagome glanced at the one who yelled, her black nerdy glasses preached atop of her head, gave Kagome the distinct feeling that she forgot they were up there, and her crossed legs were resting on top of another stool in front of her. Her black footed converse tapping to the beat of some unknown music…or was she twitching?

 

Her lap top was sitting in her lap as she was typing away on some unknown program,

 

"WHAT!" Someone yelled from behind the closed door that they both assumed to be Cindy, it sounded muffled to Kagome's ears, but it was crystal clear to Inuyasha's

 

"YOU'VE GOT CUSTOMERS!" The Waitress yelled again, laughing when she heard a muffled curse and what sounded like a pot hitting the floor.

 

"WELL YOUR OUT THERE!" the person yelled back as Inuyasha and Kagome looked on with enjoyment and puzzlement.

 

"YEAH, BUT I'M BUSY!" the waitress yelled back, typing faster on her laptop as if proving her point.

 

"I swear if you weren't my sister…" A women grumbled while she was coming out of, what Kagome thought, was the kitchen door. She looked to be about in her thirty's, dark hair, kinda short in height, she had a quality to her that made you want to trust her, maybe it was the laugh lines on her face just at the corner of her eyes.

 

She didn't know? But she felt that she could defiantly trust this woman.

 

"You'd what?" the waitress said looking up from her lap top screen to glare at her older sister.

 

"I'd…" Cindy stopped right in front of InuYasha and Kagome and turned around to point threatingly at her younger sister "I'd…fire you!" Cindy boomed as if thinking of the most evil, vindictive thing to do...but all she got was a laugh at of her and the young man behind her.

 

"Inuyasha!" Cindy said turning around to glare at him.

 

He only laughed harder, all the while managing to introduce the two sisters to Kagome. "Kagome, this is Cindy she owns the place, and that's…" he pointed to the still laughing waitress. "Jinx, Cindy's younger sister…whom she will never fire." He laughed again causing Kagome to giggle slightly, and Cindy to glare playfully at him.

 

"Pleased to meet you" Kagome said sweetly, offering her best warm half smile.

 

Cindy leaned close to Inuyasha. "She's a keeper" She whispered loud enough for Kagome to purposely hear.

 

"What has brought you here today? It's still morning, shouldn't you be in bed?" Jinx offered, going back to her Computer screen, squinting rather hard at it.

 

"You do know your glasses are on your head right?" Inuyasha laughed, this happened often.

 

"I knew that." Jinx pouted, pushing her glasses down to rest on the bridge of her nose, mad that she once again forgot she put her glasses on top of her head.

 

Both Inuyasha and Cindy shook their heads, all the while chuckling at the misplaced mind of good old Jinx.

 

"So…What's on the menu today, Cind?" Inuyasha asked, using the nickname that he gave to his good friend. While he and Kagome followed her to a near by booth, which they both eagerly sat down at, sliding into opposite sides.

 

"Spam, Spam and Spam…Oh and I think she could possibly throw some eggs onto it." Jinx answered in the back ground, not letting her older sister get victory in grossing out Inuyasha.

 

This proved to be effective the look on Inuyasha's face was priceless. Enough to make even the most stubborn of men laugh.

 

Kagome giggled, covering her mouth with the back of her hand, hiding the smile that she had grown to hate so much.

 

"Why do you do that?" Inuyasha asked, grabbing the menu's off the table that Cindy had placed there as she walked away to most likely going to thump jinx on the head for began rude.

 

"Do what?" Kagome asked, not really knowing what he meant. She looked around at herself, maybe seeing if something was out of place…nothing was.

 

"Why do you cover up your smile?" He specified, while scanning the menu, which he couldn't figure out why? He got the same thing every time.

 

"I don't know?" she mumbled, also scanning the menu. She knew why, she just wasn't ready to tell him, hell she still wasn't even ready to admit it to herself.

 

"What do you guys want?" Jinx asked, appearing out of no where.

 

Kagome though, silently thanked the weird blacked haired waitress for the interruption.

 

"Be nice!" Cindy yelled from the window connecting the kitchen to the dinner, waving a spatula in the air, as if it was a threat.

 

"Aw come on Inuyasha knows what I'm like." Jinx yelled back reaching into her pocket of her baggy blue jeans to pull out a packet of paper and a pen, which she stuck behind her ear.

 

"Yeah but that nice young lady doesn't." Cindy yelled back yet again threw the window, still waving around the silver spatula.

 

"Well she's going to have to get use to it if she's going to be dating dumb ass here." She yelled pointing directly at Inuyasha.

 

They all three could hear the grumbling Cindy was making in the kitchen, most likely about how her sister was beyond evil, and way to stubborn for her own good.

 

"So…What'll it be?" Jinx asked again removing the pen from behind her ear.

Both ordered what they liked, getting lunch instead of breakfast seeing as how it was almost noon. But there was still an uneasy feeling between the two of them; more for Inuyasha towards Kagome then vise versa. He didn't know what she felt about him being a demon now. Was she ok with it? Was she at any moment going to flip out and start yelling it to the whole city that he was not human? God he hoped not.

 

"It's a beautiful day." Kagome breathed, looking out of the big picture window they both sat next to. She sighed heavily, slumping her blue clothed shoulders, signaling to whom ever knew her well that she was relaxed. She then crossed her arms over her chest, resting them on the table and laid her head down to watch as the snow outside fall softly to the white covered ground.

 

Inuyasha was taken aback by this, she was freaked out. She was acting as if nothing happened, as if not only an hour or two ago they were talking about how he was part royalty.

 

He started at her for a while, watching as her eyes opened and closed slowly.

 

"Yes it is" he said also looking out that same window.

 

Maybe he was wrong about Kagome; maybe a friendship with her would be just what he needed.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*

 

Author's evil notes:

As you all know I'm lazy! *falls out of bed*……..Sorry for the late chapter *big cute smile*

-Jinx

 

Hi, I'm Cindy Jinx's friend and I agree with her she is lazy and it took me a long time to get her to write this so you better leave her a review or I will never go through all that effort for you guys again.