InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unholy Wars ❯ Answers, Prelude to Destruction ( Chapter 12 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Kagome looked Kazuki right in the eyes, “Are you and Sasha really gods?”
 
“No, a god is invincible and infallible I'm far from both.” Kazuki gave her a smile, “But in the Serpentine system of beliefs I am a God for lack of a better term.”
 
“By the way, what this Serpentine system of beliefs anyway?” Miroku was really curious about that.
 
“Well a `Serpent' in this case is dragon that represents an element of nature like water or fire. But Serpents can't control themselves and nearly died out.” Sasha explained.
 
“What?” Sango was confused was Sasha answering the question or what?
 
“Serpentine blood itself is unstable but mix it with demon or human blood and that changes, it is controllable and the power is tripled. Now a Serpentine God, like Kazuki and me are a mix of all three, human, demon, and Serpent. With this mixture we are can only be killed by unnatural causes and with only great difficulty, we stop aging in what appears to normally be early twenties and stay that way until we die.” Sasha finished.
 
“I'm still a little confused.” Inu-Yasha poked at the small fire with a stick
 
“To a full blood serpent I'm a God.” Kazuki was going to put it as absolutely simple as possible, “Get it now?”
 
“Yes, and I have a question for you.”
 
“Ok Inu-Yasha, shoot.”
 
“What do you know about these `covenant swords'?”
 
“Long before I was born a man named Edward Crowley lead an expedition to find the lost Ark of the Covenant, they found it and they opened it.” Kazuki leaned back, he hadn't heard anything about the covenant swords in awhile and… well he'd forgotten about them and was trying to remember everything.
 
“What's wrong with opening the ark?” Kagome tossed him a beer.
 
“It is forbidden to do so.” Kazuki popped the beer open and took a sip, “So they got these swords and what-not out of the damn thing and were cursed. The swords give them quite a power boost but, it comes at a price.”
 
“Like Kioshin, he was decaying while still living.” Sango cuddled Kirara
 
“The price is always different but yes.” Kazuki rubbed his leg were he'd been shot, by morning it would be healed.
 
“Like what powers are there?” Miroku took some bottled water.
 
“Lots, like Kioshin's burning sword Cho has the wind sword, Takuma has the sword of heaven or `TenKen' as he calls it.” Kazuki opened up a can of sardines, “The only other one I can think of is Katarina's sword of the dead but she aint with Takuma so no worries there.”
 
“Tell me about your mom.” Kagome wondered what kind of woman it took to raise three `Gods'.
 
“Kagome everyone has things in their past they really don't want to talk about and it could be for many reasons, I have something like that too and that subject is my mother so please don't ever bring it up again. I'm going to sleep.” Sasha had a nasty sad look on her face as she walked away to lie down.
 
“What…”
 
“Mom was killed, on that same day… Sasha was raped by Cho. She was only 15 years old, a child.” Kazuki sloshed his beer around as he talked, “I wasn't home, I was training with my dad when it happened… I'm the one who found my mom; I was 17 at the time also still a kid.”
 
“How did she die?” Sango put her hand on Kazuki's shoulder.
 
“Slowly, she was beaten, stabbed, and partially skinned they left her to bleed to death. It must have taken a couple of hours.” Kazuki had a sad, depressed look on his face, “Can we please talk about something else?”
 
“What? Are you afraid to talk about it?” Kagome looked at Kazuki in disbelief
 
“Not really, it's more the simple fact that this aint the time nor the place to rub salt in that old wound. Tomorrow I fight Gein Savagejo, the fire god. If my mind wonders to the past I could very well die, and when I defeat Gein I'll most likely be totally helpless so I'll have to rely on you guys, ok?” Kazuki took a deep breath, “Ok my turn to ask questions, tell me about Naraku, the jewel and your connection to all the above.”
 
“Fine, I'll start.” Inu-Yasha began at the beginning
 
Meanwhile, on floor 13….
 
Gein wiped his face and looked at his reflection, his eye lids and the area around them were a deep black, and he wore make-up so no-one could see this.
 
“So you truly don't ever sleep.” Tenchu stood behind Gein.
 
“Nope, never.” Gein smiled, “What do you want?”
 
“Nothing really, I'm just bored that's all.”
 
“What do you want me to do about it!?” Gein snarled
 
“You're the only interesting person here.”
 
“Fuck off Tenchu.” Gein cracked his knuckles, “I was in a very good mood, DON”T ANGER ME.”
 
“Tomorrow my orders are to attack Kazuki's comrade Inu-Yasha while he is engaged with you.”
 
“Takuma come up with that all by himself?” Gein walked over to the window staring off into the night.
 
“No, X did, not too surprising there huh?” Tenchu let out the closest thing he could to a smile.
 
“No, no, it's not my friend.” Gein laughed, a howling cry that could chill the bones of any warrior.
 
Kazuki heard the sound and smiled at the sound of it, even though he was fast asleep.
Tomorrow's only a day away. The sheer bloodlust stirred a primal feeling in his blood, he couldn't wait for the battle…
 
To be Continued…..
 
Believe it or not my bro broke the computer, and I was working on my new Fanfic, Hidden Villages. -Ferret's lame ass excuse for taking a few months to post 1 chapter…
 
-Kazuki Ferret.