InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unholy Wars ❯ Left Behind; Three verse two ( Chapter 19 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Kazuki stopped; Sasha! I can't sense your energy anymore, nor Cho's. Did you die sister!? No... Gods no! Don't die! I don't want to be alone....

"Hey what's wrong?" Sango looked over at Kazuki; his face was one of pure terror, like he'd seen a ghost. "What is it? Kazuki!? What's wrong?"

"I don't sense Sasha or Cho anymore; it seems they killed each other." Kazuki looked sad, he hadn't hidden his scars and tears were swelling up in his glazed right eye, "I'm... alone now." Kazuki bowed his head and walked forward, clutching the Garand's sling.

"Where are you going?" Koga watched as Kazuki walked to the front of the group. Kazuki looked up at the ceiling and took a deep breath. Slowly he turned to the group.

"To the top of this cursed place," Kazuki took another deep breath, "I've someone I need to kill; Gein's father Ashira."

"Aren't you going to see if your sister is ok?" Miroku went to place his hand on Kazuki's shoulder, but he stopped when the kitsune gave him a cold harsh look.

"She's dead; I'll get her body on the way down. She died killing the man she wanted to kill. We don't have time to waste debating it!" Kazuki hurried forward, Inu-Yasha and Sango close behind him, the rest followed.

Kazuki kicked two gigantic wooden doors off their hinges.

"Welcome." A tall gangly figure with unruly orange hair and a long trench coat covered in black leather straps sat on the floor. He was easily 9 feet tall, and he smelled like garbage, "I am Henjin; my opponent is to be Sango." Henjin stood up; his face was ugly to say the least, his nose was long, too long, his left eye was white and dead, his lips had been torn away revealing a jaw full of fanged teeth, his right eye was an ugly brown gem in a sea of blankness.

"I'm Sango." She walked forward with Kirara close behind, "I'll fight you, while the rest press forward."

"Miroku must also stay, for I Preist, am his opponent." A tall man in monk robes walked out from the shadows. He was well built and his face was a mash of scars and he had a bandana tied around his head. "The rest may go yes. The jewel shards are right next to the door."

Inu-Yasha, Kagome, Koga, Kazuki, and Sesshomaru ran through the door leaving the five combatants behind.

Henjin laughed, "I get to kill a demon exterminator and her demon cat friend! This is a good day!" Henjin held his hands in the air, they were huge with talons the size of short swords on them, "Oh, happy day! For such tender prey to deliver itself to me! What fortune have I stumbled upon?"

Sango rushed at Henjin gripping her sword, "Are you done yet?" Before she could draw her blade she felt five sharp pains, Sango looked down at her chest and saw Henjin's nails jabbed into her. His nails had extended. He did the same thing to Kirara who was hissing in frustration.

"SANGO!" Miroku was about to uncover his wind tunnel when Henjin swung Sango at him. She was still impaled on his nails, her blood dropping to the floor. Henjin laughed.

"Who do you think you are monk? I Henjin Onizanza am familiar with your wind tunnel." Henjin salivated, "And you wouldn't want to suck up poor Sango here now would you?"

-WhAM- Preist slammed his fist into Miroku's stomach.

-Clack- Sango cocked the revolver's hammer back, but before she could fire Henjin flung her off his claws and slammed her into a wall. Sango watched as the 357 clattered away and as Henjin threw Kirara across the large empty chamber. Henjin stalked toward her slowly, the eternal grin he wore turned Sango's blood to ice. He shot a finger through her liver. Sango screamed in pain.

"Do you want to die in pain?" Henjin withdrew his finger and blood shot out of the hole, "If you want I can make it painless."

Sango stood up and drew her Katana. She smiled and charged at Henjin screaming, "I won't die so easily!" Henjin shot a finger threw her shoulder and harpooned her to the wall. Sango still held her katana. Henjin walked closer.

"If it wasn't so pitiable your courage would be commendable. No one is going to help you; you're just wasting your time." Henjin shot another finger into Sango's leg. She screamed and dropped the sword. "Are you ready to depart this life?"

Henjin brought Sango close to him, "I don't want to cause you any more pain. For it will not lessen my pain." Henjin punched Sango off his fingers, "But of course if you would like to be complicated."

Sango struggled to her feet, she was having trouble seeing. She coughed up some blood, her right arm was useless. And Henjin charged forward, Sango brought her left arm up in a useless attempt to block. Henjin's neck touched her arm, he was saying something but Sango couldn't hear it.

-SPLOOOSH! - Sango's wrist blade tore through Henjin's neck, slicing right to his spine. Blood poured over Sango's face, her eyes were glazed over and sightless, her black outfit was dyed a deep crimson color as the giant Henjin fell back as blood poured from his neck. He was dead when he hit the ground.

"Sorry... I'm... too busy... to die by the likes of you." Sango fell back into a sitting position. She was panting heavily. "Why?" Her voice was panicked, "Why? Can't... I see!?"

Preist slugged Miroku across his face, "Where's your head at?"

Miroku swung his staff at Preist but the attack was intercepted by Preist's hand. Miroku slapped a sutra tag to Preist's forehead, but nothing happened. Miroku leapt back as Preist laughed.

"I'm a human you fool! No sutra will affect me." Preist slammed his fist into Miroku's gut so hard he was actually touching Miroku's intestines. Miroku was falling back when he saw Preist's expression change; his face showed true terror, Preist screamed, "SHIT NO!"

Kirara leapt forward, jaws agape. As Miroku passed underneath her belly Kirara sunk her fangs into Preist's head. There was a loud, wet, gooy crunch as Preist's skull caved in. Kirara placed her front paws on the dieing man's shoulders; she let her claws dig into the bone. She jerked her head back and there was a wet tearing noise as the head pulled apart. The corpse slammed onto the ground. Kirara spit the gooy fragments out of her mouth and vomited some blood. Preist had punched her hard enough to break a few ribs.

Sango managed to get her back against a wall. She still couldn't see, she knew that she was covered in blood. And she'd heard Preist expire, "Well... two down... we won." For a moment Sango could see Inu-Yasha, Kazuki, Kagome, Koga, and Sesshomaru running down another hallway. Then she saw Sasha laying in a planter of dead plants drenched in her own blood with bullet holes in her chest and a head less corpse only a foot away from the planter, her shotgun was laying in-between her and the other corpse. Then Sango saw nothing again.

Too be continued.....

-Kazuki Ferret