InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unholy Wars ❯ The story ( Chapter 27 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Kagome looked down to see Takuma’s blade pressing against her belly. She hadn’t been hurt, but the sword was covered in blood. She lifted her gaze to see that Kazuki had gotten in the way of the sword and was skewered on it and gripping the blade. His damaged body was quivering with strain of the ordeal.

“Kazuki!? WHY?” Kagome stumbled backwards.

“Because…” Kazuki looked up into Takuma’s eyes, “I made a promise and I’m not a coward. I admire you humans for your strength.”

“What are you droning on about now Prince!?” Takuma looked down on Kazuki, “The humans, strong? You must have had a much harder beating than I initially assumed!”

“No, the humans maybe physically weak but some of them have a strength that transcends their physical limitations and gives them strength enough to fight back against even my father. It’s a strength I hold close to my heart. Takuma you may never understand this but they have the strength of conviction, the utter willingness to throw their lives away, risk death, and even disfigurement just for what they believe in.” Kazuki gripped down on the blade and stood up. It was jammed near his left shoulder, five inches down from the shoulder blade, sideways blade tip facing out ward. Kazuki was going to try and kill Takuma with what little reserves he had, Even if he could only manage one punch. Just one, it would have to be enough. “You who are a monster so weak it couldn’t stand being a man cannot understand this, but I do.”

“What of it? So what will you do now Prince? What will you do now, Kazuki Kitsune beneficiary to the throne of the Kitsune Clan, first born son of Hajime Kitsune, eldest child of Amaterasu, what will you do Prince of terror!?” Takuma barked. Although in reality Kazuki is faster than me, and if he lands a blow on my scars I’m done for, damn it exactly what I wanted to avoid…

One hour earlier, Kagome’s time…

Hister sat upon the corpses of the dead demons. He sighed, “How veak kan du get? Das ist far schade fur mich huete.”

“Ah guess ah should thank ye fur yon ‘elp. Aye Hister?” Andrews stood looking up at Hister

“You can drop the act Andrews, or should I say; Judas?” A voice came from the shadows; it was harsh and rough with little emotion to it, it was the voice of the Desert King Hajime Kitsune.

“Whatever one ye prefer, and ye need ta hurry op ifin’ ye vish ta git ta yon tower in tiame.” Andrews said, not daring to make eye contact.

“Vell vell vell, iv es isnae Hajime, Du kann relax ja, I sent two ov mein officers back just in case you didn’t geht ‘ere in time. Claire Fuchs und Caspar, you vere runnink spate zo…” Hister smiled and leapt down.

Hajime was as tall as Hister, however in stark contrast to Hister’s greys Hajime wore all black; under his black over coat he wore a black knee length trench coat with black pants and shoes, on his head he had a black wide brimmed hat, and his long dark red colored hair danced in the wind underneath it. Hister could not see his face; the hat was angled so it blocked any light from getting into Hajime’s eyes. Hister took a deep whiff of Hajime’s scent, he smelled like a battle field laden with fresh corpses, he smelled of blood and blood lust. Hajime looked into Hister’s eye.

“Don’t make me move you, mad mercenary.” Hajime’s face was handsome and unblemished in anyway; he was clean shaven with narrow eyes, red eyes dark and spiteful. This man was the demon lord of the Kitsune clan the feared Hajime of the eternal sandstorm, a manipulator of Earth shadow and blood; he was strong, immensely powerful, he had to be to have kept the kitsunes in line back during the old days. The blood days, when Hajime and his clan tore a bloody path killing all in front of them, on the continent and in Japan itself. And he even battled alongside him, to overthrow a tyrant. All of it was to cement the kitsune power basin however, soon his territory crumbled and his wife was murdered and his daughter raped, Hajime left the sad affaire to Kazuki, his eldest son to handle. He had reigned for three thousand years as a no-life emperor in self exile from his home, still the king of the clan even if by fear of his name alone. Although it may have been his intention to turn the throne over to Kazuki, but the boy always failed to meet one necessary requirement for the title; he didn’t have a wife.

“Vhy the rush, I’m goink to tell du ho’ your son turned out. Don’t vorry I’ll abridge it vor you. Avter alle I just saw ihm a short time ago.” Hister grinned, “Und I all ready told you; two ov mein officers are standink by und vill step in iv need be.”

“Fine, make it quick. Your accent annoys me.” Hajime had an insane look in his eyes, “And your smile makes me want to slice you into pieces.”

“Just vhat I vould vant von you, Lord Kitsune.” Hister laughed and Hajime smiled.

Kazuki rushed towards Takuma, the blood poured from his palms as he slid them down the length of the blade. Takuma couldn’t simply let go of his sword; Sasha had frozen one of his hands to it. Kazuki raised his fist into the air, ready to deliver a moral blow. His course did not waver even as the sword slid out from between his ribs, even with the blinding pain from so many wounds, Kazuki charged forward. With reckless disregard for himself, he lunged toward his foe with unfaltering courage. His fist struck Takuma’s jaw with an Earth shattering crunch. Kazuki had aimed to high; his perception wasn’t perfect, the blood loss and his already mangled right eye were making targeting difficult.

“ONE MORE!!” Kazuki leapt forward again with his fist raised, poised to kill. Then from nowhere a broken sword pierced his chest. Kazuki vomited blood, the blade looked familiar; ornate design of a flower with a dragon, gaudy looking thing.

“KOOOOOOOOOOOOGAAA!!!” Koishin stood, diseased flesh peeling from his shattered bones. He looked mangled, just as they’d left him so long ago. Koishin only had one eye left on his head, well what had once been his head and it was glazed over and sightless. He screamed out his mindless cry of rage, “KOOOOooOOOgggGGAAaaaaa! Where are you!? You lowly wolf, why do you run? YOU’VE KILLED ME ONCE!!”

“Ha,” Takuma looked down at Kazuki and grinned, “He’s not the only one you failed to kill completely! You forgot Wolf, and Ashira! Did you really think they’d die so easily?”

“Sod off punk, out of my sight and out of my mind!” Kazuki stood back up, a look of rage in his eyes as Ashira and Wolf descended upon him. Kazuki grit his teeth, this is it huh? All that there is for me? No, something will come, I know it. The wheels of time have begun to turn and soon the reign of Takuma Yoshimori will burn along with his Tower.

There was a loud bang and a large bullet hole opened in Wolf’s chest. He screamed, “What the hell!?”

“Das ist zehr schade.” Caspar held his musket. Caspar was the captain of the fifth Kampfgruppe, the Panzer Corps. His square jaw was lined with beard stubble and a cigarette was perched on his lips, his hair was blonde and went to his shoulder and the bangs were cut so they didn’t go under his eyebrows, his eyes were two blue drops in a narrow sea of white hidden behind rectangular framed glasses. His light brown trench coat bellowed in the breeze, revealing his camouflaged fatigue pants and what looked like an arrow quiver strapped to his right leg. His shirt was the plain brown uniform top of the Waffen SS and his handgun was simply tucked into his belt. He like all the other male officers so far was tall and lean, and truly frightening to see.

“What loser uses a musket anymore!?” Wolf tensed, preparing to set upon this man and rip him apart.

“It’s too bad we can’t play longer, but my bullet isn’t done yet.” Caspar smiled as Koishin was finished off by the spinning .72 caliber musket ball which seemed to move with a mind of its own twisting and turning around in the air with pure impossibility. Then shot back to Caspar who walked it along his knuckles like a coin, smiling.

“Der Freischutz, the ‘Magic Bullet Marksman’. Your name is a giveaway Caspar.” Kazuki tensed.

“I’LL…!!” Wolf’s head was blown off by Claire.

“Long time no see handsome.” Claire dropped her rifle to the side. “Kazuki you take Takuma I’ll finish him.”

“Go for it.” Kazuki turned to Takuma, “I’m going to kill you now.”

“You BITCH!!!” Ashira charged at Claire, but when he went to punch her…

-SPLOOOOSH!- Claire ripped Ashira’s arm off, then she tore his head off like it was wet tissue paper. She frowned in disgust. “You dare challenge a Rheinlander, un officer no less in your condition!? Vat un idiot!!”

Takuma slashed Kazuki across his chest; luckily for Takuma, Kazuki was still badly injured from his battle against Inu-Yasha and still couldn’t heal or use his blood weapons. He sliced the Kitsune across the gut when he turned around to face him; he damn near cut him in half. But he didn’t go down.

“Die!!” Kazuki slammed his claws into Takuma’s chest, barely missing the scars. Takuma stabbed Kazuki in his heart, or at least he thought he did… A mirror had blocked it; well at least Takuma thought it was a mirror. Whatever it was shattered before he could get a good look at it. And Kazuki leapt weakly backwards. Kagome tensed as Kirara growled.

“This game is starting to bore me.” Takuma sliced at Claire, she dodged but was still knocked over the edge by several spires that seemed to grow from the path of Takuma’s sword swing. As she fell Caspar leapt after her.

“La espada de dios: Creacionismo.” Kazuki fell to one knee gripping at his heart, “I’m right aren’t I?”

“That’s right; you are very sharp dear boy! Why however it is that you know that is beyond me but I don’t think it really, matters do you?” Takuma grinned, “But how’s about a little story for you and Sasha before you die? The real story; the one behind these curses, behind Hister, behind Hajime, behind me, the truth behind everything and the fiend who’s guided it for so long.”

Kazuki spit up blood, “Why not? It’s not like I had anything else planned for today.”

Takuma grinned, “A long time ago a man named Edward Alistair Crowley lead a war against the true gods, he lost. But he wasn’t killed, instead he lead that expedition for the ark. We found it and were cursed, just as Crowley had wanted. He and I used our powers to seal away Amaterasu and all the other gods as well. Then your blasted father had to go and ally with Hister.”

“I can’t say I follow you, Hajime and Hister? Allies?” Kazuki managed a weak laugh.

“Silence boy! It was around the time of Hajime’s grand campaign against humanity, the ones who he believed were responsible for Amaterasu’s disappearance. Hister found him and told him the truth, and they decided to fight Crowley and myself to try to put an end to Crowley’s ambitions for good. They also recruited Katerina as a co-conspirator in this plot. We meet in combat in what is known as Iraq in Kagome’s time, near the banks of the Tigress river. The five of us battled for two days none stop until I was forced to retreat from Hajime’s sand storms. Then at the end of the third day Katerina retreated due to her serious wounds inflicted by Crowley. By the fourth day Crowley had managed to gain an advantage over Hajime and Hister, however just when the battle seemed won, a man appeared and managed to push Crowley back. This man was the now legendary Shinto Swordsman Kuroudo, he had no family name. His sword skill was frightening, a mortal human who could block Crowley’s spear, I can’t even do that. However Crowley used his power to make a warrior out of string, graveyard dirt, and the remains of a serial killer; the warrior who is known in the stories as Juubei Kentoko, the zombie.” Takuma paused, looking at Kagome, “I hope this isn’t too much information for your feeble mind.”

“So eventually Kuroudo slew Juubei and rejoined the fray against Crowley, right?” Kazuki managed to stand up, “Then I bet Crowley got desperate, he must have been tired after such a long battle against so many foes.”

“You are very sharp dear boy, he got sloppy and Hister managed to tare one of his eyes out. Kuroudo cut his left arm off. My master was wounded so badly. Then Hajime managed to trap him in a sand storm and Hister finished him off. The great and terrible Crowley had fallen. Then after these combatants returned to Japan I offered them my alliance and governing positions in my then incomplete Limitless Tower which was originally intended to be Crowley’s capitol after we took control of the world.”

“Then Kuroudo died a month later, I was at his funeral. He’d died at a Shinto shrine dedicated to my mother Amaterasu. Tell me did you have something to do with that?” Kazuki glared at Takuma.

“Boy, why would I try to take on a mortal that powerful when I could just let time kill him for me?” Takuma made a funny anime face, “Seriously, I just told you he was strong enough to block my master’s blade. I honestly have no idea why he died, he wasn’t very old. I think he was like… 37 or something like that and in excellent health.”

“But you did have my mother killed didn’t you?”

“Your step mother, Amaterasu is your mother, not Yumi. Visionadieudo wasn’t even your brother; he wasn’t even a tri-breed or a kitsune clan member. But yes, I ordered Ashira and Lust to attack your home and kill Yumi, and to shame Sasha.” Takuma grinned

“Lust!?” Sasha panted out, “Choryuujinmaru was my attacker.”

“His name that Crowley gave him was ‘Lust’, the first of Crowley’s seven deadly sin warriors. Tori, the second is ‘Gluttony’. I’m the third, ‘Sloth’. Simple enough right?” Takuma smiled, “You’ll never meet the remaining four, and they’re all stronger than me! Wrath, Envy, Greed, and Pride! You’ll never face them because your graves are here! You’ll never get the key to the gate! Amaterasu shall remain imprisoned eternally!”

“No Takuma, this is your grave.” Kazuki grinned as he coughed up some blood. Takuma pointed at him.

“Really fool!?” Takuma’s left arm was sliced off. He stared at the nub for a moment, then screamed and blood poured out of his wound, “NOOOOOO!!! It’s HIM!! TH..THE… DESERT KING!!! HAJIME KITSUNE!!!!!”

To be continued…

Hello there readers! I’d like to just say hello. I’m really swamped right now, so my posts will become fairly erratic and unreliable. Sorry I can’t post weekly like during the summer. But school isn’t the only distraction I have. I’m working on too much, some cuts will be made. Don’t worry; Unholy Wars isn’t in any danger! However, Survival version 2 (Animespiral title), and Hidden Villages are. I just don’t work on them enough. With Thousand Death River and my Full metal Alchemist fanfic in the works, plus I’m being pressured by my friends to do a Metal Gear Solid fanfic. This is far too much work. Now this may be against some rules, but if you could, could you read and review Hidden Villages and Survival? I want reader opinions on which, if either should be cut. The thing is, I haven’t gotten any feedback on them so I really don’t know if it’s worth keeping them up. So if you could, please review them, and Thousand Death River. I really need some opinions. I’m not doing this to get reviews; I really want to know if I should work on those or maybe scrap the projects I have in the works right now. Please help a battered soul! Now if you really love Unholy Wars, you’ll do this so I have fewer distractions and will post the new chapters quicker! *wink, wink* Seriously though, please help me out.

Overworked, underpaid, and unappreciated,

-Kazuki Ferret