InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unholy Wars ❯ The Tower she falls ( Chapter 28 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Takuma grasped at his nub, his blood pouring out. Hajime stood tall in the center of the arena, his long cloak fluttering in the wind. He was an image of fear, the cold look in his eyes sent chills through one’s bones. Kagome took in the sight of him; he was a lot like Hister appearance wise, and the general air they carried was similar, they were both scary as all get out.

“It’s about damn time you showed up, you lazy fucker.” Amazingly Kazuki was still standing, although he was bleeding everywhere.

“It’s good to see you too Kazuki, so you’ve spoken to your ‘partner’ finally? Excellent; however by the look of things you rushed head long into combat, no too smart.” Hajime kept his eyes locked on Takuma, “We’ll chat latter son; I’ve got a bug to crush. It’s been too long since this world has experienced the true terror of the Desert King.”

“Well, we’re not in the desert this time Hajime!” Takuma stood up, his bleeding had stopped. He smiled, “There’s no sand here for you to use!”

“Oh, but there is!” Hajime’s hat and cloak turned into sand which floated around him. Hajime took out his sword; a simple looking katana. “And now Takuma, I’m going to send you to your master.”

Takuma leapt forward, sword ready. Hajime easily forced him back; Takuma stood panting near the tower’s edge. Hajime drew out his revolver, a Pfeifer Zeliska .600 NE, and shot out Takuma’s knee cap. Takuma knelt down, and dropped his sword.

“I resign myself to my fate, I’ve lost.” Takuma’s eye was wide open; he was as good as dead.

“At least you’re not being a whinny bitch about it.” Hajime walked towards Takuma.

“GET AWAY FROM THE EDGE!!” Inu-Yasha suddenly screamed out.

Behind Takuma Naraku launched himself up into the air in a blob-like form. Takuma dove for his sword, but Naraku’s silly-puddy like body landed on top of him.

“FUUUUUCK!” Takuma disappeared from view and Naraku turned into his humanoid form. He smiled; Takuma had had half the jewel with him, excellent!

“Hello, I’m Naraku.” Naraku grinned in victory as several of his wasps gathered around his body.

“I don’t care to know the names of those who I kill.” Hajime looked towards Naraku with disgust, “I however have already heard of you, and I’m about to teach you a thing or two about true power.”

“Hum, I guess you haven’t heard enough about me if you aren’t afraid of me!” Naraku brought a barrier up around himself, possibly his best one yet. Takuma had been extremely powerful and his power made Naraku even more powerful than before. Hajime stalked up to the barrier, he looked angry, he cocked his arm back and threw a punch at the barrier.

“DON’T YOU DARE DISRESPECT ME!!” Hajime obliterated Naraku’s barrier, the force actually blew one of his arms apart and smashed half of his ribs. The sands began rapidly spinning around Naraku; Hajime looked at him in disgust, “SANDSTORM CORROSION!”

The sands expanded to the entire arena as the tower itself was being eroded away to make more sand. Inu-Yasha and his allies found themselves on floating pillars of sand letting them descend slowly as the sands ate their way through Takuma’s masterpiece of madness.

Kazuki fell to a sitting position and smiled at Kagome, “My work’s finally done! It was fun though; I thank you and your friends for the lovely weekend.” Kazuki watched the insanity of the whirling sands as Hajime’s sandstorm kept gorging itself on the tower, growing in mass and magnitude. It was a hurricane of sand, tiny particles of rocks whipping through your body slowly eroding you. It was a fate of pain beyond a normal person comprehension, to watch as your skin is ripped from your muscles, then those are torn away from your bones, and finally your bones are ground into a fine powder, adding to the maelstrom that killed you. Kazuki gaze shifted to the rainbow in the sky, “I need a drink.”

Naraku watch in terror as his body was dissolved before his very eyes, his arm was ripped from the socket, he wanted to scream but his throat was gone. Then he felt the descent end. A path opened in the sands and a revolver barrel poked through and Hajime was holding the weapon in his hand.

“A sad excuse for a demon like you doesn’t disserve power.” Hajime said and blasted Naraku’s head off. The sand settled around the area.

“He’s dead now.” Kazuki said

“No! He was mine to kill!” Inu-Yasha tried to stand but found he couldn’t.

“Calm yourself, I may have pulled the trigger but,” Hajime reached down and pulled the jewel out of Naraku’s body. After it was removed Naraku turned to ash, disappearing forever. “At least he’s gone now.”

“Something tells me we’ll be seeing him again soon.” Kazuki stood up, and then looked behind him. “Thank you for your help.”

“It was nothing really.” Claire walked up to Kazuki and kissed him, “Soon you’ll be mine, body and soul.”

Kazuki grabbed Claire by the shoulders and kissed her, “No, you’ll be mine soon.” He smiled and fell backwards, fast asleep. Claire walked out the front gate, with a smile on her face.

“Kazuki, Kazuki what a strange web you weave my son.” Hajime looked around at the destroyed combatants. He snapped his fingers and seven large black ravens landed these were the corpse birds. The Kitsune clan used them for transport. Kagome looked nervously at the large birds.

“No need for you to fear us child, we don’t bite. The Kitsunes, they feed us and shelter us. We act as their transports. It is a really good deal for us. Come child rest on my back, you look tired.” One of the large birds knelt down so Kagome could climb up onto its back. Kagome laid down and fell asleep.

Kagome found herself in a black abyss, a dream obviously but somehow she felt as though there was someone else in the abyss with her. Her dream was a nightmare, or a prophetic vision. A voice called out to her, it was harsh and cruel, yet in a strange way welcoming. As if the owner just wanted to talk.

“Hello, it’s been a long time since someone came to visit me in this crushing blackness. It is so lonely here; you are the first non-sinner to come visit me. Tell me, who are you?” The voice spoke.

“I’m Kagome, who are you?”

“I am Crowley, the king of sinners.” When the voice said this Kagome froze, Edward Crowley the man who sealed the Gods! Crowley spoke again, “You are Kazuki’s friend are you not? You saw three of my Seven Deadly Sin warriors fall in combat, or you at least know that three have fallen. Do you not?”

“Yes to both questions, Mr. Crowley.”

“Thank you, because of your actions another sin is born: Envy. You may know him as Naraku, however soon he’ll reemerge as my subordinate, the fifth sin. I really must thank Kazuki, no…” Crowley paused, “I must thank Inu-Yasha for sparking this war. He enlisted Kazuki and Sasha; this is the nexus I have been waiting for. Three thousand years I’ve spent in this hell, alone and forgotten. Soon however I shall be free to wreak my revenge upon the world of men.”

Kagome felt a hand rest upon her shoulder, “This was a nice chat little Kagome. You listen well; I may just try to visit you again. As my way of thanking you for your patience I’ll give you some advice to tell Inu-Yasha; Der Graue unbesiegbar Meuchelmorder feels with his body, speed is the key. Tell him that, it just may save his life. Also, tell no one you spoke with me. Things might get complex if you do. Oh, and you’re going to have twins.” Crowley’s voice disappeared.

Kagome jolted awake. She was inside the Kitsune’s castle on a futon mattress. She looked to see Inu-Yasha standing in the door way.

“Inu-Yasha, I had the weirdest dream, I was told to tell you, ‘Der graue unbesiegbar Meuchelmorder feels with his body, speed is the key’ weird isn’t it?” Kagome stood up rubbing her belly, How am I gonna tell Mom this one? I’m fifteen and pregnant, go me!

“Thanks Kagome,” Inu-Yasha grinned, “If only I knew what the first part meant it’d be a lot more helpful.”

“It means ‘The grey invincible assassin’ in German, although your pronunciation was a little off.” Kazuki was behind Inu-Yasha carrying a duffle bag, “It’s the code name for Hister’s third officer Wolfgang Blitz, the Rhineland wolf who is almost as powerful as Hister himself. All of the officers have code names like that, Claire’s is ‘Die Blut-rote Scharfschutze Prinzessin’ or ‘the blood red sniper princess’ simple eh? I’ll see you two in a few days, there’s something I have to do.”

Kazuki walked down the hallway and out of view. He seemed purpose driven; Kagome wondered what exactly he had to do. Kagome heard Kazuki say something, “Wir verneigen uns in Ehrfurcht vor den Toten. Selbest mir, der Prinz von Furcht.“

“I wonder what he said.” Kagome stood up and looked at Inu-Yasha, “I want to go home.”

To be continued….

Hello happy reader! Congratulations, you have reached the end of the Limitless Tower story arch, next chapter is the beginning of Hister’s War. The coming chapters may have a lot of foreign languages in them, given the hodgepodge of nationalities that make up Hister’s army. I’m going to advise that you find an online translator that works good or you might miss some important phrases said by various characters. However, thank you so much for reading Unholy Wars, It’s you guys the readers that make this worth it. Thank you so much for your time. I try my best to give you an enjoyable reading experience with interesting characters that have defined personalities. I enjoy writing my stories, I hope you enjoy reading them. This is a moment of pride for me because I proved my brother wrong, he said I’d forget about writing fanfiction after a month or so, but here I am, almost two years later still writing Unholy Wars. Since then I’ve added several other fanfics to my list, Survival, Hidden Villages, and Thousand Death River. Thank you for your support. Happy 28th chapter Unholy Wars, thank you reader for doing what you do best.

Truly Happy
-Kazuki Ferret