InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unknowingly Controlled ❯ Kikyo ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Miroku watched as kagome laid on the bed gasping for air. Her head moved back and forth, causing sweat to fly in all directions. He didn't know what to do. He tried spirit wards, he tried exorcizing, he even tried holy water (don't ask how he got it). He was left optionless.
Thinking back he remembered onigumo's words. Kagome was having her soul ripped from her body by another. Who was trying to kill kagome and why?
Passing back and forth he tried to think of something he hadn't thought of before. He was missing something. Kagome didn't seem the type to have enemies. There isn't anybody…wait.
Miroku stopped. Inu Yasha had a thing for this girl. He also had a dirty past of being accused of killing is intended in this very house. Running into his room he started looking at the books that filled the bookshelves. Grabbing an older leather covered one. It was on possessions and spirits; written by his great great grandfather. He immediately opened it finding the correct page he started to read.
“In the instance that a dead souls possessing a living being for revenge, you must keep that living being in this world. Meditation would work. Contact this person threw telepathy, and keep them talking. This may be the only way to save their soul,”
Putting down the book, Miroku grabbed an old monk's staff out of his closet and head back into kagome's room. Sitting down next to the bed he began his meditation.
 
Inu Yasha made it threw the front door. He smelled her, and the saltiness of her tears. Running up the stairs he found himself in front of a closed door. Taking a break he opened the door to see Miroku meditating next to a sweating crying kagome. Huh?
Running to her side, he broke miroku's meditation.
“What happened?” Inu Yasha asked frantically.
“Her souls it being stolen” Miroku said calmly.
“ALREADY!” Inu Yasha freaked out.
Miroku eyed him. “Is there something I don't know that you do?”
Taking the vile out of his pocket he sat on the bed and wrapped his arms around kagome. “Kikyo is trying to steel her soul in an attempt for revenge”
“Oh” Miroku nodded his head. “I thought it was something along the lines of that”
Inu Yasha opened the vile and looked at Miroku. “This will help me talk to Kikyo. I have to put her soul to piece or kagome will die, so don't try and wake me, and don't let me loose physical contact with kagome” he drank it. Throwing the vile aside he placed his head on kagome's sweaty shoulder. He looked at her pain filled face. He rubbed her cheek one last time before he blacked out.
Miroku stood there smiling. “Physical contact?” an evil smiled littered his face.
 
“KIKYO” Inu Yasha screamed. He knew she was there, he could smell her. He walked down what appeared to be a dirt path, but everything besides the path was in flame. It was very hot and hard to breath, but he walked on. Inu Yasha walked for what seemed like hours until he finally came upon his target; Kikyo.
“What do you want half-bread?” Kikyo spat “do you wish to do my soul more harm?”
He fell to his knees and bowed his head “Kikyo, please forgive me. I should have been there to protect you” he begged.
Kikyo stood there, confused. “Protect me? You're the one who killed me!”
He looked up at her confused. “You mean you don't know?”
Kikyo eyed him.
“Naraku killed you” he tried to hide his tears. “He disguised himself as me and killed you. I was at my mothers trying to get her to…” he paused. This was painful. His voice softened quite a bit. “I wanted her wedding kimono. I wanted to marry you as a human before mating you like a demon. I thought it's what you would have wanted”
Kikyo gasped. “Your mother's kimono?” she could feel tears forming. She believed that he did this, but she also believed he turned on her. But that didn't make sense. What should she do?
“When I got home they had taken your body. I took it from them. I didn't want them to touch you” he growled. “I buried you by out tree”.
Walking up to him she kneeled down. Wrapping her arms around him she smiled. Her smiled faded as she brought herself closer and closer to Inu Yasha. Their lips finally touched.
A small gasp was heard not to far away. Breaking the kiss he looked up. Over the flames was a metal box with kagome chained in it. The box was too small to stand up in, so she was forced to remain on her knees. He could tell from where he was that the box was heating. That would surly cook kagome alive.
He caught her eyes. They were filled with pain; with rejection. She saw them kiss.
“Do you really think that I would believe you?” Kikyo spoke playfully.
“Huh” Inu Yasha pulled back to look at Kikyo.
“I will have her life Inu Yasha. You will suffer as I did”
“Inu Yasha HELP!” kagome screamed.
He could smell burning flesh. “Kikyo no, I didn't make you suffer. I wasn't the one who killed you” he pleaded. “Please believe me”. He could feel her body shake in anger.
“You don't know anything.” She stood and backed away. Leaning in she screamed. “YOU SNUCK UP BEHIND ME. YOU TOLD ME I WAS WORTHLESS. YOU SAID YOU FOUND A FEMALE DEMON WHO WAS WORTH MORE THAN I WOULD EVER BE. YOU SHOVED YOUR CLAWS INTO MY FLESH AND LAUGHED AS I SCREAMED. YOU ARE HEARTLESS. YOU NEVER LOVED ME” She was crying now.
“NO Kikyo” He moved forward and wrapped his arms around her waist. He dug his face into the stomach. “I didn't do that. I would never do that. I loved you and still do now. I have been dead with out you”
“You do not know love. You are a half-bread. You are not capable of feeling emotion” she said threw clenched teeth as tears fell from her eye.
“Kikyo please listen” he begged.
Kikyo closed her eyes. She had never felt pain like this before. She couldn't handle it. The cause of her suffering all these years was right there. Begging her to believe that is wasn't his fault. That he loved her. Her heart and every muscle in her body was begging to listen. She knew what he was saying was true. The only problem was the everlasting hatred she felt. Being murdered will automatically bring hatred into somebody's souls. She needed to force the hatred out onto something. She needed her revenge. Maybe he wasn't at fault…
NO! He did it! That HANYOU was at fault for this. He was the one who killed her. He had to have been. He will suffer! “BE GONE” She screamed.
 
Inu Yasha sat up next to kagome. He could feel the heat radiating off of her. Looking around he saw that the room was empty. Looking down at kagome he frowned. He failed her.