InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unworthy One ❯ Chapter 19 - Impassioned Enlightenment... ( Chapter 19 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
**Not for Kikyou Lovers! This story contains violence, sexual content and rape! You are WARNED**

Disclaimer: I do now own Inuyasha, nor any of the associated characters. But it ain't because I don't want or wish to do so.



Chapter 19 - Impassioned Enlightenment...


Rin and Shippo had gone with Kaede, trailing behind the Youkai Lord, headed to the old Miko's hut. As Inuyasha followed shortly behind them, he got to the hut at about the same time as they did.

Inside Sesshomaru was sitting, leaning against the wall, on the futon that had become Kagome's normal resting place. He had the furs bundled around her, and was nuzzling his mark, softly speaking to her, trying to coax her back to consciousness.

Kaede, like the Youkai Lord and Inuyasha, was worried about Kagome's feet and the pup. In her weakened state, it seemed to demand more of her body, than would have been normal had she been in good health. It was like her body was not up to handling the sudden flow of her powers. Powers that she could do so much with, if she were any other miko. But then, everything about Kagome was unique. In these times, one would be hard pressed to find someone as cheerful and bright of spirit as Kagome.

Kaede checked Kagome over, looking for any sign that she was further injured by Kouga's unexpected appearance.

"Well," she stated to those in the room, "she has not reopened any old wounds, nor do any new ones seem to have developed, so she had not started bleeding again. Her breathing seems to be normal, although her heartbeat is a bit weaker that it should be."

"Is there anything," groused a frustrated and still upset Inuyasha, "that you can do for her, baa-ba?"

"At the moment, Inuyasha," spoke Kaede, "there is nothing to do, but wait and pray for the best. The unexpected use of her powers, has further weakened her already depleted condition. Truly, she is resting at the moment, but we should know more in the next day or two."

"Miko," Sesshomaru said, "why do her powers seem to affect her like this? I have never seen any miko have this kind of trouble with the use of their skills."

"Ye are right, my Lord," the old miko sighed, "but then, there has never quite been another miko like Kagome. Not even my sister, who had uncommonly strong powers, was affected in this way. As for why that is the simple thing to answer. Fate and Nature needed someone who would not be restrained from using the gifts they gave, by the prejudices of her up bringing. Not that Kagome is prejudice, but with the kind of power that the girl wields, most miko that I know would be inclined to misuse such power."

Kaede paused for a moment, as though collecting her thoughts and looking for the right words for the others to hear. Again, she sighed, "Kagome has always been best able to release her powers only when she is under extreme emotional duress. The stronger she feels at the time, the great the magnitude of her powers. With the exception of her arrows, she is normally not able to use her abilities. Oh, she has many abilities that are a part of being a Miko. Empathy for one, another is the soothing and healing qualities of both her scent and her aura."

"That would explain why I always felt better," spoke up Inuyasha, a sound of awe in his voice as the revelation sank in, "whenever she was near. I have always found her scent pleasant, and just being around her always made me feel better. Not that I told her that often enough," he concluded, his head hung low.

"Most miko," spoke up Kaede, breaking the uncomfortable silence that had started to set in, "are consciously able to use such abilities, especially as they are normally trained from a very early age. Not so for Kagome, which is not unusual considering that people of such power are not more than myth and legend in her time. For Kagome, it is just a part of who she is naturally, and works completely without her direct intervention or knowledge. I am sure that ye have also found this to be so, Sesshomaru-sama. These abilities unconsciously become stronger when she senses stress, sadness, or anger from those around her, particularly if they are among those she cares about."

"You mean, back in the cave," Sesshomaru said, unable to keep the new found respect for his mate out of his voice. He remembered how her scent had increased sharply when his anger flared and he pulled back to swing at Inuyasha. It had claimed all of his attention, wrapping around him, pulling him to only focus on her. The sense of calm that had followed, was only overshadowed by his sense of joy that she was aware of him, or he might have noticed what Kaede described sooner.

"Hai," came the reply, "that was Kagome's reaction to your increased anger, and distress, and Inuyasha's concern and fear. Kagome could not ignore such a call to her heart. To do so, would be almost as painful as the injuries she has suffered these past two weeks."

Seeing the worried look on the faces of Rin and Shippo, Kaede turned and grabbed a nearby bucket. "Shippo," she said, "perhaps, ye and Rin would be kind enough to fetch some water."

"Hai, Kaede-baa-chan," both children said. They took the bucket and headed out the door. Moments later, Miroku, Sango, Ginta, Hakkaku, and a very subdued, but unrestrained Kouga enter the small hut.

Sesshomaru and Inuyasha both bared their fangs, and were unable to hold back the growls of warning that escaped them, as the Ookami Prince entered the hut. To their surprise, Kouga only hung his head. He stayed back, kneeling against the wall opposite from Sesshomaru and Kagome. He removed his sword from his hip, and bowing his head, handed it to Inuyasha. This was a surprising act from the normally demanding, arrogant, and proud ookami youkai leader.

Inuyasha restrained himself, surprising everyone in the room. He accepted the sword with as much grace as his brother would have done, and carefully set it aside out of harm's way.

By now, Shippo and Rin returned with the water that Kaede had sent them for, and help the old miko set about making tea for everyone. Ginta and Hakkaku quietly sat beside their leader, the three ookami that had travelled with them, curled up near them, but otherwise they remained quiet and behaved.

"How is she?" asked a remarkably quiet Kouga.

"We do not yet know for sure," spoke up Kaede, before Inuyasha could reply. The last thing that they needed was for an argument to breakout. Kagome could not take more stress, especially right now. "The best thing that we can all do, is remain calm. The more anger and hatred that she feels around her, the worse it will be for her. If you can't behave, then you should leave."

This last she said, being sure to look at everyone in the room, with the except of the two children. She paid particular attention to Inuyasha and Kouga, both of whom had the decency to hang their heads in embarassment.

It was a long night. All of them together keeping watch over their friend. The Taiyoukai never moved, holding her protectively in his lap. Shippo had crawled into her lap and curled up to sleep late in the night, and Rin lay down next to the Youkai Lord, reaching out to hold the little Miko's hand, as she took fell asleep.

Sango and Miroku spent much of the night fielding the visiting villagers and strangers who came to pay their respects to the young onna, and to see if there was any news of her health. Many of them had been witness to the display of her power, and were both in awe for the strength of it, and concerned for her health and that of her pup.

Still at sunrise the next morning the young Miko showed no signs of regaining consciousness, and though they all tried not to let it show, the tension grew, as did their worry.

By late morning, Inuyasha was about to explode with worry, and his restlessness was starting to get on everyone nerves. He had never been able to handle it well, when Kagome was hurt or ill, and this time was no exception. Sango seeing the hanyou's stress and understanding his concerns, approached him, set on finding a way to help him get a grip on himself before he lost complete control.

"Inuyasha," she spoke up in the otherwise quiet hut, "I just remembered something that I had promised to do for Kagome yesterday. I could use some help. Would you be so kind as to assist me?"

"Iie," he growled, unwilling to leave Kagome's side. "Get Miroku instead."

"Normally I would," she replied, "however, I need someone stronger that the houshi. Someone with a youkai's strength. This is, after all for Kagome."

"Is it something that I could help you with?" spoke up Kouga, much to Sango's delight, though she didn't let it show. What better way to get Inuyasha to help her, than for Kouga to offer to do it instead.

Fighting back the smile that threatened to breakout all over her face, "You know, maybe it would be better if I had a full blood youkai instead of simply a hanyou."

Before Kouga could respond or move, Inuyasha was on his feet and headed for the door.

"Feh! Like that wimpy ookami could do something I can't," he growled as he stormed across the room. "Come on Sango, let's get this over with. I have more important things to do."

Before Kouga could reply, they were both out of the room and on their way to wherever it was the Sango needed to go.

-------------------------

Despite his repeated attempts to get Sango to tell him where they were going, and what was so important that she had to drag him outside, Sango remained silent as she led Inuyasha to a large clearing on the farside of the village. This only served to fuel the anger that already was raging inside the hanyou.

Once the clearing was reached, Sango excused herself, asking Inuyasha to wait for a moment, while she went to get something. "I promise to come right back," she told him, "Just wait right here for a moment."

"Well, get a move on wench," he growled, "I ain't got all day. I need to get back to Kagome."

"I promise that I will not be long," Sango said, smiling just a bit too sweetly, but the angry hanyou didn't notice.

Inuyasha stood there, waiting for Sango, racking his frustrated brain for something that would help to make Kagome better. He felt that they were missing something. Something important, but he could not for the life of him figure out what it was that they were overlooking. The answer had to be there, but what was it and where could it be found?

He had been standing for sometime, before he realized that Sango had not yet returned. What was keeping the wench? Didn't she understand how worried he was about Kagome? And that wimpy ass ookami was still back there in the hut, far to close to her for Inuyasha's comfort. Of course, Kouga living on the same island with Kagome was far to close for the hanyou's comfort, even if she was Sesshomaru's mate.

"Oi, Sango?" he hollered, but he got only the sounds of the passing birds, the soft shushing of the breeze through the trees, and the occasional hum of a passing insect. "Hey, bitch? Where the hell did you go? Hurry your ass up!"

Still nothing. He scented the air, to see if he could figure out where she was, however, she had either covered her scent, or gone up wind of him when he was not paying attention. Had she gone back to Kaede's and somehow forgotten that she had left him in the clearing? Damn wench! Figures....ningens couldn't keep a straight thought in their head for more than five minutes if you weren't watching them. (A/N: Hmmm! Now who does that sound like....? LOL!)

"Look wench," the hanyou yelled, his anger more than evident in both his tone and his stance. "What the hell did you drag my ass out here for, if you were just going to waste my time?"

A sudden shift in the air around him, a tingle in the back of him mind, and familiar whirring sound triggered an instinctive move on Inuyasha's part, as he threw himself to the ground just as something large, heavy, and dangerous flew over his head, just missing him. Once he felt it pass by, he raised his head just enough to see Hiraikotsu coming right back at him, as the great boomerang was making its return trek back to its wielder.

He quickly rolled to the side, and in an instant was on his feet, Tetsusaiga drawn and poised. He was looking in the direction that he had seen the huge and familiar weapon of the Taijiya come from, thinking to see Sango. But there was nothing, and no one near. He still could not catch her scent, and there was no sign, nor sound of her presence, although he was sure she was near.

"Oi, bitch," he growled torn between surprise and anger. "What the hell do you think you are doing? Trying to kill me?"

Again that tingle, the slight shift in the air, and the familiar whirring sound. This time, he was more alert and better prepared for what was coming and immediately ducked and rolled as the great weapon again just missed him. As Hiraikotsu made its return journey, Inuyasha was ready for it, and instead of ducking, he charged towards it with Tetsusaiga. The impact of the two weapons, rang through the clearing and sent a jarring shock through Inuyasha's arms that caused him to drop Tetsusaiga.

Both weapons hit the ground not far from where Inuyasha stood, shaking both his hands to get the tingling feeling out of them. Before he could, however, he heard a noise and turned to see Sango, in her battle garb, charging right for him, her katana raised over her head, and a growl worthy of a youkai escaping her lips. For just a moment, he found himself looking at the most arousing sight he thought he had ever seen.

A raging, growling, fighting mad Taijiya onna, charging right for him in all of her glory. 'Wait...charging...weapon raised....right for him.....AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! Do something you stupid hanyou....' were the thoughts that raced through his entranced mind.

She was almost on him, before he thought to move, and then he only had time to sidestep her swing, but as he did so, he whirled around and grabbed her hands where they were clenched on the hilt of her own weapon. The force of his movement, pulled her around so that they were face to face, as he firmly held her hands closed around her own weapon, refusing to let her complete the swing she had started.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, bitch?" he practically spit in her face as he growled.

"What's the matter Inuyasha?" Sango growled back at him, "afraid of a challenge?"

"Feh! Like I could ever be afraid of a weakling like you," he growled in response. "I have kicked your ass before and I can do it again."

"Provide hanyou," she growled at him, as she sharply lifted her knee right into his groin, forcing him to let her go, and allowing her to step back from his grasp. As he doubled over with the blow she had given him, a groan of pain escaping his lips, she stepped forward again, and grabbed him by the ear, pulling his head up forcing him to look her in the face.

"Come on Inuyasha," she spat at him, "surely the youngest son of the Great and Terrible Sugimi-sama, wielder of the most powerful sword in all of Japan, is not ready to give up yet!" She laughed at that, as his face already red with anger and turning purple with the pain she had just dealt him. This now was a matter of pride. The bitch would have to pay for this.

Forcing the pain to the back of his mind, and refusing to let it get him, Inuyasha suddenly lunged forward grabbing Sango around the waist with both arms, as he tackled her to the ground. She spat, he growled. She bit and clawed, he did his best to pin her down. She punched, he slapped careful to not do anymore damage with his claws than he could help. All the time, she kept taunting even as they both panted for breath.

"Come Inuyasha," she said, "surely you can do better than that. What's the matter? Regretting that you didn't go with Kikyou?"

At that remark, he started to see red. Not the rage of his youkai, but the rage of a very angered and hurting hanyou. How dare she mention that bitch's name. What did she know?

At the growl that escaped him, she smiled, and almost evil gleam in her eyes as she pushed another nerve. "I know! You are upset because once again Kagome upstaged you. It was supposed to be you that beat Naraku, except that your lovely little Kikyou kind of put a dent in your chance at glory, didn't she?"

Again, the hanyou growled, and he bared his fangs, as he pinned her hands above her head and with his own legs pinned her to the ground so that she could not move.

"Or perhaps it is that your brother won out," she continued, despite the rage she had him in and the risk to her life that he posed. "This time, you didn't best him, like you did in the past. This time, he came out on top. Sesshomaru got Kagome and you didn't. Isn't that what is really wrong with you Inuyasha? Your big brother, the full blood Youkai beat you out. The truth hurts doesn't?"

"What do you know about it, bitch? Like you know how I feel," he growled, not even realizing that there were tears running down his face, or seeing that there were tears streaming down Sango's as well. "Why would you even care? You don't know me!"

"I know more than you realize Inuyasha," she said, the growl no longer in her voice. "I know that you were hurt, badly by Kikyou, much more than you ever let on, not even to yourself. I know that Kagome was more than aware of the pain you suffered, each and every time you went to Kikyou. I know that you loved her with all of your heart. Miroku, Shippo, and I all saw the love you held inside for Kagome, but were afraid to speak about. I know that you didn't mean to hurt her as you did, just as even now, you blame yourself how she is right now."

"But..." he studder for a moment, "it IS all my fault. My fault for not truly seeing what Kikyou truly was! My fault for not realizing sooner that she had been betraying my trust, my love for her. It was ALL MY FAULT that the one person who meant more than anything in my life, now lies, possibly at death door, in my brother's arms, with injuries that she should never have suffered. That should have been my pup, she now bares. Not his. Damn him....Damn Kouga...Damn Naraku...DAMN KIKYOU...DAMN IT KAGOME WHY DID THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN TO YOU! YOU NEVER DESERVED IT!"

Sango let him rant. He needed it. Yes, he had caused a lot of what had come to pass, but he was not the only one. There were other hands in the mix as well. Yes, Kagome had gotten injured, but she knew the risks when she went travelling with them, just as they all did. The only injuries that Inuyasha was truly responsible for, were the emotional ones, the mental pain that his stubborn pride had prevented him from seeing.

Kikyou had a lot to do with that, too. She had even admitted to manipulating the hanyou. Perhaps she was a beautiful and caring soul when she had been alive all those years ago, but the truth was, at some point she had sold her soul for a life that she had selfishly sought at the expense of a great many lives. Even that was not entirely her fault, for there was the every present root to all of the problems that had transpired over so many years, and over almost the entire land. Naraku...ultimately, he was the one that had started it all.

His hands eased their grip on her own, and she found herself pulling him closer to her. Hugging him almost like a child needing to be comforted. Just as with all of them, Inuyasha had suffered a lot, as well. He had dared to give his heart to a miko, one who ultimately betrayed that trust and pinned him to a tree for 50 years. Her intent had been to kill him, but fate had prevented his death, and instead put him into a deep sleep from which he did not awaken until the day the Kagome was dragged into this world, bring the Shikon no Tama back with her.

Despite all that he had been through, and the distrust that he held for everyone, Kagome had done much to heal the hanyou's heart. But Naraku couldn't keep his schemes to himself, nor Kikyou stay dead and leave well enough alone. Thus the hanyou had suffered even further in a life that no one should have been forced to lead.

Inuyasha had lost a lot in his life. His father, who he never really knew. His mother, who died when he was very young. The chance to have a good home. In fact, until he had met Kikyou, although much more after he had met Kagome, Inuyasha never had a home. He had no friends, Kagome being his first true friend, and no place in the world except for the place he had made for himself. But it was a lonely place. Lonely until Kagome had come into his life, and shown him another kind of life. One where he had friends, and people who cared. Not for what he might be, but for what he was.

His body shook in silent sobs, as he buried his face in her hair and let the tears fall. He was ashamed of his show of weakness, but at the moment he could not stop them from coming. The more they fell, the tighter she held him, doing her best to let him know that she felt his pain.

She stiffened slightly, when his hands seemed to pull her more tightly to him. A slight shift of his head, and the soft panting of his breath brushed her ear, sending a shiver of warmed suddenly pooling in her lower regions. Despite her best efforts to not let it escape, a moan leaked from her lips.

The brush of his hot breath across her ears easily became frantic nips and kisses that soon had her groaning in a pleasure like none she had ever known. He continued his assault long the sensitive and throbbing pulse point along the side of her throat, where her neck and shoulder met.

"Inu...yaa..sha...." she moaned, as her hands reached to pull him closer still. One hand found its way to a soft, fuzzy, pointed ear, and quickly began to massage the sensitive and tender appendage, sending sensual shudders down Inuyasha's spine and pooling in his loins.

Soon both were exchanging heated kisses, like it was the only lifeline that held them together. Their hands frantically tore at the frustrating barrier of their clothing, until she lay naked beneath and equally naked hanyou. Without a moments thought, Inuyasha captured Sango's lips in a passionate kiss the had them both panting for air, in short order.

Breaking for air, Inuyasha trailed hot and still frantic kisses down along her collarbone, to her well form and first chest, capturing an already swelling nipple in his mouth. He was neither harsh, nor gentle. His fangs breaking the skin. Not enough to cause harm, but enough to break skin ever so slightly. The beads of oozing blood from the smallest of puncture wounds, which he eagerly licked up by a hot and hungry tongue.

The fiery tingles that coursed through her veins, as Inuyasha suckled on her breast, left Sango moaning and writhing in passionate pleasure beneath him. He quickly switched over to her other breast, one hand taking up the place his mouth had just left. The other hand readily found its way down, to the soft, curl covered mound between her legs, and in a moment, her moans became panting, heated, groans as he slipped a long finger past her sensitive pearl and thrust deep into her tight, heated core.

She almost screamed with the pleasurable shock that sent through her body, a tight coil in her abdomen becoming more and more apparent as it slowly tightened with the actions that Inuyasha was assaulting her body with. Her sweet flesh and even sweeter blood was like ambrosia to his tongue, and he found himself craving more of her with each passing second.

Despite their first experience together, and Sango's first time ever, this was not the slow, gentle and innocent passion that one might have expected. This was a heated hunger, that drove them beyond reason. It consumed them with a passion that neither knew existed. It threatened to take their sanity, and they welcomed the assault to their senses with open arms, and more.

He continued to thrust a finger into her hot and dripping core. Her hips thrusting up to met his ever push, as he slipped a second finger in. She was tight, hot, and wet, and he relished the feel of her around his fingers, as he soon thrust hard and deep, pushing a third finger in, preparing her for sheathing his already painfully hard erection.

This was not fire and ice. No! It was two fiery spirits, looking to roar out their passion, not caring who heard or who cared. They were both lonely, had lost much, and in their shared battles, they had shared both enemies and pain.

She found herself convulsing as her first ever organism ripped through her like a tidal wave of passion. She curled around Inuyasha, who held her close, his fingers still thrusting hard and deep, nuzzling her throat with a hot and soothing tongue.

As he felt her convulsions ease, he quickly and quite to her surprise, slid down until he rested between her legs, spreading her lips and driving his tongue deeply where his fingers had just been. He had to taste of her essence. As sweet as the rest of her was, there was just no way that he could not allow himself for feed the hunger that was driving him to the brink of his control.

The fire of her passion burned everywhere he touched, just as his did the same for her. Her hands found their way to his ears, and while pulling him closer to her heated cored, to continue his ministrations, she eagerly and firmly massaged them driving his passion and control to the breaking point.

With each thrust of his tongue, he pulled out enough to graze the now hyper-sensitive bundle of nerves, still twitching from her first release. The sensation on his ears, pulled a low and passion filled growl from his chest, the vibration only adding to the heat, once again building in her lower regions. She tried to buck up more into his eager mouth, but he pushed her back down, his clawed hands firmly holding her to the ground, as he continued to assault her with his tongue.

Her breath caught in her throat as an even more violent wave of pleasure gripped every muscle she had. When she finally released, and her breath hit her chest, she screamed with the power and strength of it, clutching tightly to his hair as her body once again curled around him. He lapped up every drop of the treasure that she gave to his hot tongue, savoring it all with relish. With a final stroke of his tongue, he looked up into the face of a passion that matched his own.

With the grace and poise of a predatory stalking its prey, the not red eyed hanyou, crawled back up her body. Strangely, to Sango, she found no fear, only eager anticipation as she saw the faint tinge of purple stripes form on his cheeks. So this was how Kagome had felt when she saw Inuyasha like this. Yes, this ever so slight tinge of fear, only made the passion that they shared all the more exciting. But she was a Taijiya. Not just any Taijiya, but the best that ever was, and no youkai would make her fear take control of her.

To his surprise, she grabbed him almost visciously, and grabbed his own panting mouth in a hard and heated kiss. Even as he welcomed it, he could feel it tearing the rest of his control from him, and rather than fight it, he finally let it go. He had never even come close to anything like this with Kikyou, although it had never stopped him from dreaming about it. And while he had often dreamed of this with Kagome, he had always been afraid that he might harm her delicate skin and fragile body.

But this was Sango. A Taijiya. Strong, powerful, and brave. Her thoroughly battle hardened body, was accustomed to the harshness that combat brought with it. Each scar she bore was a testament to all of the youkai that she had faced unflinchingly as a warrior.

His hands stroked down her sides, then along her hips, pulling her legs up around his waist. He unbarably hard arousal positioned at her entrance, as he ran it over her hot, wet, quivering folds. He stayed there for a moment, neither pulling back, nor plunging him, as she fought to pull him down upon her. As she whimpered her need to him, he broke their kiss, looking into her lust filled eyes. At the sight her face, he almost lost it, and fought himself to keep from giving in to her demands.

"Sango," he growled huskily, for a moment letting his eyes close to distract himself from the beauty of the aroused creature writhing beneath him. "If we continue, I will not be able to stop. You have to be sure, without doubt that this is what you want."

Without a moment's hesitation, she looked into his face. When he would not look at her, she reached up, and bit his lip. The gasp and shock of it caused his eyes to open, forcing him to see what she wanted to show him. She looked deep into his eyes, her own passion clear to see in her own. Her desire radiated off of her heated flesh so strongly he could feel it like the wind.

"Hai, Inuyasha," she said. "I have no doubts about this. Do it."

Still he hesitated for just a moment, knowing that he would completely lose his last shred of control an second now. "What of M..." he began, only to be silenced by a finger over his lips.

"The houshi has more than enough to fill his wandering hands," she stated confidently, no sorrow or pain in her voice. "This Taijiya will not continue to be one of them."

He nodded, as she lay back, tightening the grip her legs had around him. He pulled back just a big, and with a roar that filled the skies all across the village and back again, he plunged with everything he had, deep into her hot, dripping, and tight depths.

While he knew that she was in touched, he was unsure if his actions would cause her pain for her first time or not. As he sheathed himself completely into her depths, he held still to give her time to recover from any pain that she might experience, and to become comfortable with the size of his girth invading her tight passage.

To his surprise, she didn't hesitate for a moment, and thrust up to meet him, with as much fervor as he had driven himself into her. She growled her pleasure at his actions, and with the utterly sensual sound of it, his last shred of control left him. He drew back, almost completely out, only to drive harder and deeper into her welcoming depths.

Again, she met him with a thrust of equal passion, encouraging him to continue.

"I will not break, Inuyasha," she lustfully growled at him. "Let go, and take me as you long to do. I am not a delicate flower that you have to be afraid to damage. Give me your passion. I want all of it, all of you."

He picked up the pace of his thrusts until he left her behind in her efforts to keep up with his youkai strength and speed. Each thrust tore a groan of passion from her throat, and a growl from his chest. This was not just hanyou Inuyasha, laying claim to a mate. This was his youkai, conquering his prize. She was his, of her own free will, she accepted not only him, but who and what he was. She welcomed him, openly, and he accepted her gift eagerly. She was a fighter, strong and brave. She was worthy to be taken by him, and called his mate.

Soon Sango felt the now familiar tightening in her loins, signally another intense release. The shudder of her muscles around his shaft told him of her impending release, and he picked up the pace to give her what he knew her body craved. The vice like clenching of her sheath around his shaft pulled a growl of pleasure from his throat, as he quickly pulled out, only to turn her over onto her stomach and bring her up to her hands and knees.

Without hesitation, he slammed back into her tight, and still shuddering passage, growling again in his pleasure at the feel of her around him. The strength and speed of his pounding drove her forward, until she was on her elbows growling her own passion with each thrust.

"Onegai...." she pleaded, "har-d-d-der....more...aaa-h-h-h-h!....Hai! Faster...."

"Such a good bitch," he growled into her ear as he leaned over the Taijiya, and complied with her request. He could feel his own release fast approaching, but wanted to enjoy the feelings of their pleasure just a little longer. With this in mind, he again pulled out, and returned her to her back. This time, he lifted her knees until her legs were over his shoulders, and rammed back into her hot core, driving himself as deeply into as he could.

"In-u-u-ya-a-sha!" she groaned, as he hit her sweet spot, pulling the lustful sound from her lips. "Hai...deeper....onegai..."

Her lustful groans drove him to new heights, as he pounded harder and harder into her hot, moist, depths. Their sweat soaked bodies glistened in the late afternoon sun, their breathless moans filling the clearing, with the passion of their efforts.

Sango could feel the tightening in her loins increasing to levels she had not thought possible. She was near exhausted, and sure that this one would leave her totally unconscious with the violence of it rush through her body. But she didn't care, and in fact welcomed the waves of pleasure that the hanyou was bringing with each thrust of his rock hard shaft into her tight, hot, dripping core.

"Hai," she groaned again, encouraging the youkai to further heights.

"You are mine now, bitch..." his lustful, husky voice, impassioned into her ear, and with the first rush of her rippling muscles around his hot and driving shaft, he began to nip at her throat, where it joined with her shoulder. Sango knew what he wanted, and she openly welcomed it, leaning her head to the side to give him the access he needed.

"Do it, Inuyasha," she cried, as he roared his own passion to the skies once more, letting the world know of his conquest and claim, and burying his fangs into her throat marking her for everyone to see. With her own passion just as strong, she found herself visciously biting Inuyasha's throat just as he bit her's. The sweet taste of blood, and the violence of their combined release carrying them both into a mindless bliss.

His arms shaking, Inuyasha wrapped his arms around his prize, and rolled over so that both were laying on their sides. Their chests still heaved, as they tried to regain their breath. Inuyasha pulled Sango closer, planting a breathless kiss on her forehead, sighing in contentment, as she leaned closer to him, enjoying the warmth and safety of his arms.

With their last impassioned release, his youkai seemed satisfied to settle back to his normal quiet self. He had seen and accepted the challenge of a strong and powerful mate, had chosen to stake his claim, and had conquered the bitch who would bare his pups. They would be fine, strong pups, just like her. She was more than worthy of his claim and he was proud to call her his mate.

"Aishiteru, Inuyasha," Sango sighed. She felt whole for the first time in years. She didn't feel lonely anymore, and she certainly didn't feel that she had to worry about the wandering hands of a hentai houshi. Here was someone who challenged her, and made her feel strong and capable, someone who appreciated the skills she possessed.

"Aishiteru, Sango," he returned, another sigh escaping his lips.

"What is the matter, Inuyasha?" she asked, being sure she knew, but knowing it best to get him to talk about it. It was the initial reason that she had lured him out to the clearing to begin with. With all of the things that had occurred, and that they had learned over the past couple of weeks, none of them had the opportunity or the time to try to just cope with all of the sudden changes.

Their own deaths, Naraku's demise, Kikyou's final betrayal and banishment, Kagome's suffering, Sesshomaru's claim on her, that she was with pup, the well not working, that Kagome's injured voice and feet would never fully heal. Then when things were just looking up for everyone, Kouga had to stick his two bits in. He was a good person at heart, but much like Inuyasha, Kouga didn't always think before he acted.

That was why, Sango and Miroku had taken him down by the hot springs. It had taken some time, and a couple of Miroku's ofuda to keep him from being able to move or run off at the mouth, but they had managed to bring him up-to-date on all that had occurred since he had been attacked himself more than three weeks ago.

When Kouga had learned of all that had happened to Kagome, he too, was angry at first. Not just at Inuyasha, but at Kikyou, and at Naraku, whom he already more than despited, much like everyone else. But what really hit him hard, was hearing of how Kagome had wanted to accept her own painful death to bring back Inuyasha and all of her friends. It finally hit Kouga, that as much as he loved Kagome, he had never truly taken the time to get to really know her as one who loved her should have. He had always sworn to protect her, and yet, he was never there when the danger was.

It was this, and his behavior that had left him feeling ashamed when he returned to the hut, to find Kagome unconscious and her future and that of her pup, uncertain.

"I can't help but feel that there is something that we should be doing to help Kagome," Inuyasha replied after a moment's silence. "I know I am missing something. Something important that would at least make her better."

"Sometimes," Sango responded, "we have to accept that there is only so much we can do for our friends, even when we wish otherwise."

"But I have always sworn that I would be there for her," he sighed again, "and the thought that I can't do anything to fix it is almost more than I can stand. If only I could do some thing. Anything...what am I overlooking?"

The frustration was evident in the hanyou's voice, and Sango could tell that it was threatening to bring him back to the anxiety ridden state he had been in earlier. But she could understand how he felt. Even she wished that there was something that they could do. The waiting and wondering was almost unbarable.

"Unfortunately, we can't just snap our fingers and wish this all away," she sighed. "Of all of us, Kagome...."

"Wait! What did you just say?" asked Inuyasha suddenly, excitement colouring his voice and brightening his face.

"That we can't just snap our finger...." she began.

"Iie...after that...you said...'wish it all away..'," he practically crowed. He jumped up quickly, all the feelings of being exhausted pushed to the back of his mind. He grabbed Sango's hand, and started back in the direction of the village. "Come on. I know what to do now!"

"Hmmm! Inuyasha?" Sango said, pulling on his hand enough to bring him to a stop.

"What now? We have to hurry up. We don't have time for this," he growled.

"I just thought that you might want to take a moment to,...er...uhm..." she blushed as she looked down at him, and then back at his face.

He felt a sudden passing breeze. It was just a tad too cold for his liking, and took a moment before he realized why. He, too, looked down, at both Sango and then himself. His face turning a bright shade of red, "Uhm...yeah! Maybe we should get dressed before we go tell everyone...."