InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Warning - Hanyou's and Caffeine Do Not Mix! ❯ Numero 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own and will never own Inuyasha and co. They are the possession of the exalted Rumiko Takahashi. We all bow down before her in awe (and just a little bit of fear)!


Thanks, read on…

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last Time…

“Well there is an ingredient in it called caffeine. This will give you a great burst of energy, but you must beware. This may ‘burn’ out rather suddenly, and the energy will leave you. You will be quite tired, and may even ‘crash’. Thus the crash-and-burn. You guys should especially be careful, as this is your first time, and you are not used to how it will effect you. Now without further adieu…” With the end of her speak Kagome sits down and her hand goes to the tab on the top of the can.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

With a flick of her wrist, Kagome opens the can with a loud crack, audible to all those in the room. The can emits a sighing exhalation of invisible gases, followed by the light fizzing sound, a sure sign that the beverage is carbonated. Just as the can is fizzing, Shippou jumps up in the air.

“Kagome! Kagome! There’s a snake youkai living in the can! You better get rid of it before it bites you!” Shippou yells, watching the ‘snakes nest’ with wide eyes.

Inuyasha shares Shippou’s view of the snake-infested pop can. With a holler, he whips out the Tetsusaiga in a blur of white light, and launches himself at the angrily hissing (or so it seems to him) can. With one fell swoop the innocent, defenceless aluminium can is divided into two little baby cans, half the size of their former self. The liquid contents however, are sprayed across the room in a caramel-coloured arc, right into the watching faces of the shard hunters.

“Inuyasha! Osuwari! There weren’t any snake youkai in the can! It’s just the fizz of the drink.” Kagome yells as she wipes pop off the faces of herself and Shippou. She then hands out a can of pop to each to everyone in the group, placing a can beside Inuyasha’s head, who is still under the subduing spell.

“Okay group! See this little tab on the top of the can? You hold the can here in your left hand, and with the right hand pull that little tab towards you. Now on the count of three…” Kagome begins a count as everyone, including the now un-sat Inuyasha, Follows Kagome’s instructions.

A few seconds later the small hut was filled with the sounds of five pop cans simultaneously opening. The familiar sounds of cracking then fizzing filled the room.

“Now just be careful it doesn’t go up your nose. It’s rather fizzy.” Kagome warns before taking a big gulp of the good stuff.

“Up your nose? Kagome, are you sure this stuff is safe? I mean it comes with a lot of warnings.” Sango asks, pausing in the act of raising the can to her lips.

Kagome, now half finished her can, just winks at the slightly nervous demon hunter. Sango, trusting to her friend not to put her in any danger, again puts the can to her lips and…

A tingling sensation hit her tongue, making her giggle as it tickled its way down her throat. If the sensation wasn’t enough, the taste alone was enough to do the job. IT was sweet, but not sickeningly so. ‘It is simply indescribably! I must have more!’ Sango thought, giggling and sputtering her way through the whole can.

Miroku, Shippou and Inuyasha were having similar experiences, thought they weren’t giggling. It was more of a manly chortle, at least in Miroku and Inuyasha’s cases. All three came to same conclusion as Sango. Must have more.

Kagome watches in amazement as all four of her friends each drain a whole entire can in one go, set them down on the wood floor and look to her expectantly.

Giving in to the party atmosphere and Inuyasha’s puppy dog expression (A/N: I couldn’t resist putting that one in. I mean, really people, who can?), Kagome digs into her bag for more.

Kagome barely has time to put the cans on the floor before they are snatched up once again, though this time not to be chugged. Opening a can for herself, the dark haired girl from the future sits and watches the euphoric expressions on her companions’ faces as they take sips from the can, each struggling to find a description for such a heavenly beverage.

Gradually, through the increasingly energetic behaviour of her friends, Kagome can begin to see the effects of the so dubbed ‘heavenly beverage’. From Sango’s twitching hands to Miroku’s wondering ones, the caffeine was beginning to take hold…

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Stop looking at me like that! I’m not really going to leave it there! I’m just messing with your minds and your fragile tempers!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“I see what you mean by energy Kagome. I fell like I could do anything!” Sango says, perhaps a bit more enthusiastic then normal.

“What do you mean by anything Sango? Because I can think of a few good things we could do with all that energy.” Miroku says slyly, His hand inches its towards Sango’s bottom.

Sango just answered by smashing the wandering appendage with her over-large boomerang.

Kagome goes once more to her bag, dragging out another six- pack (A/N I’ll give a can of pop to anyone who can guess the actual amount of six packs she has in there!)

In her excitement to grab more for her friends, she knocks over the bag, leaving several rolls of toilet paper to…um…roll out. Spotting these, Shippou got the great idea to throw them at Inuyasha, who then sat there with some white toilet paper draped over his head like a wide white ribbon.

Shippou, having lost all sense (and apparently all self-preservation instincts) did the smartest thing he had ever done. He opened his mouth and said “Ooooo! Inuyasha, you look so pretty with that pretty white ribbon on you head! It matches your hair!”

Inuyasha, in reply, just grabbed the toilet paper in one hand, and the still shrilly giggling Shippou in the other and combined the two. Apparently all mothering instincts had left Kagome too, because she only laughed as the short white shape that was the toilet-papered Shippou hopped out towards the door.

Deprived of his victim, Inuyasha turned his burnished golden eyes towards Kirara. Kirara gave one almighty squeak and bolted for the door. (A/N Kaede isn’t in the hut. She’s not funny enough- I mean she’s somewhere helping give birth or something.)

Miroku thought this was rather hilarious, falling to the floor in peals of laughter. “Was the Great
Inuyasha just defeated by a tiny little cat demon? I thought you were stronger then that! Why, you even look weak. With that scrawny chest…” Miroku taunts, before breaking off in the face of Inuyasha’s kinda creepy grin.

“Is that so monk? Well I bet that my chest is stronger looking then your puny little excuses for muscles.” Inuyasha challenges. “Kagome, Sango. You two get to be the judges.”

“Um, I don’t think that the vote would be quite fair. I mean, what if the result is a tie? We need a third party to judge. Why don’t I go find Kaede?’ Kagome reasons reasonably. With those words she goes out to find the ancient miko.

About five minutes later she returns with a bemused Kaede in tow. “So let me get this straight child. You want me to judge, out of Miroku and Inuyasha, who has the better chest muscles? I will do it Kagome, if only for ye own sake.” Kaede says, shaking her head at the antics of the young.

“Okay! Inuyasha, Miroku. Lose the shirts.” Kagome orders, any blushes that normally would have accompanied such a statement conspicuously gone.

Miroku sheds his outer and inner robes, taking the time to carefully fold them and place the in a corner. Inuyasha showed no such care. Quickly, he tore off his red haori and white undershirt, tossing them in the same corner as Miroku’s purple and black robes were.

Within moments, both of the fit and muscularly sound young men were left clad in only their pants for the scrutiny of the three women assembled before them.

It was obvious that both guys made a living through fighting. Miroku, with a surprisingly excellent physique for a monk, sports several scars across, his upper chest. Flat plains of muscles, leading down to a trim waist, were nothing to be ashamed of.


“‘Hey Miroku. How did you get that big scar in the middle of your chest? It looks like it would have been very painful.” Sango asks, eyeing Miroku in a new way.

“Have no fear my dear Sango. That is an old wound, long since healed, that was given to me by the most foul of boar demons. This was long before I met up with Inuyasha and Kagome. I must say that I am touched by your concern of me though.” Miroku states, eyeing Sango in the same way he always had.

Inuyasha was standing there, impatiently tapping his foot to bring Miroku and Sango down from the clouds.

Like Miroku, he had a scar or two to show of his violent life. The most obvious was the stomach wound given to him by his half brother Sesshoumaru in battle three years ago. An older, though less visible scar was the small arrow wound that narrowly missed his heart. Such a wound was given to him by his former love, the now un-dead miko Kikyou. Inuyasha’s form was slimmer then Miroku’s, with a certain sinewy grace. He had strong shoulders leading down to a defined waistline, and was perhaps slightly paler in colour then the monks skin. He had a more defined muscular structure.

Kaede slowly walked around the two, eyeing them up and down, circling once more. She made little humming and hawing sounds, not to mention the occasional appreciative one. ‘Kami these guys are built! I express my eternal gratitude to the gods above who have decided to get these teens hyper.’ Kaede thinks to herself, or at least so she thought…

‘Hey old women! Stop mumbling to yourself and get on with the judging!” Inuyasha yells, blushing most profusely. ‘Damned youkai hearing’ Inuyasha thinks

“Hmm. I do not think that there is a clear winner in this contest. Both of you are perfect examples of male physiology, and it would be unfair to both of you to make any judgements. Now if you will excuse me, I must go help Kumiko with her broken arm.” Kaede says, rushing out of the hut before any violence could be caused by her indecision.

“I am so much stronger then you are Miroku, and I can prove it! Take this!” Inuyasha boasts, tackling Miroku to the floor, causing Sango and Kagome to burst into laughter and take sides.

“Come on Inuyasha! You can take him!” That’s Kagome.

“Miroku! Don’t let him treat you like that! Put some effort into it.” Sango.

“Punch him in the nose!”

“Pull his hair. It’s a big enough target!”

“Excuse me Sango? Are you saying that Inuyasha has big hair?” Kagome questions.

“So what if I am? What are you going to do?” Sango says, rising to the challenge.

Kagome’s reply was to repeat the move Inuyasha made. She tackled Sango to the ground. When she did the, she knocks over several cans of opened pop, sending them flying and drenching everyone in the process.

Luckily, The shock of the now semi warm Coca Cola released them from their caffeine induced rage, and they all sat up from their impromptu wrestling match, shock written all over their faces.

“Oh Sango! I’m so sorry! I would never purposely try to hurt you. I’m just really hyper! Can you ever forgive me?” Kagome asks, horrified at the thought of how she attacked her best friend in a fit of hyper ness.

“It’s all right Kagome. I kinda got away with my self there too. Friends?” Sango asks, equally horrified at the thought of Kagome attacking her.

“Um guys? There is pop is all over the place, and on us. I think we should go to the river to clean off.” Kagome says, noting the mess they were making of the hut.

“You are quite right Kagome. We are all very sticky right now, and Inuyasha’s white hair now has brown streaks from all the spilled pop in it.” Miroku agrees, grinning at the thought of Inuyasha’s hair turning brown.

“Hey Miroku! I bet I can beat you there!” Inuyasha says, smirking.

“Of course you can beat us there you idiot! You have demon blood, remember?” Kagome scolds the brain-fried Hanyou.

“It’s alright Kagome. If Inuyasha promises to hold in his speed, then I will rise to his challenge.” Miroku says, directed more to Inuyasha then to Kagome.

Not waiting for a reply, a still shirtless Miroku races for the door, quickly followed by Inuyasha (who also is shirtless) and the two giggling girls.

Whooping, hollering, and generally making a lot of noise, the two boys raced neck and neck towards the river. The neighbours stumbled out of their huts, staring in varying degrees of shock as two screaming girls followed the first two hooligans. Their yells and angry shouts fell on deaf ears as the four raced down the lane and turned the corner, ever going towards the swiftly flowing water.

As the river came into view, Inuyasha put on a burst of (youkai) speed and jumped into the river. Miroku and the girls followed his example, leaping in after him.

Loud squeals erupted from the girls, followed by even louder screeches as they realized how see through Kagome’s shirt was.

Before Miroku could make any smart-ass comments, a shivering Inuyasha was attacked by a stray piece of seaweed.
“AHHHHH!!! Get it off ME!! Lemma go lemma go LEMME GO!” Inuyasha yelled in horror before taking off into the forest, seaweed still clinging to his ankle.

Sango and Miroku, now seated on the bank, promptly forgot about the cold water and bursts out into loud wails of laughter, bringing more shouts from the villagers.

“Did you see his face? Inuyasha before can take down demons with 5 shards in its body, but today his is defeated by a fire cat and seaweed!” Miroku chokes out between laughs. Sango just nods her head in agreement.

“Well first of all Kirara didn’t actually defeat Inuyasha, she ran away. And that seaweed (or riverweed. Your pick.) was torn up by its roots. Inuyasha wasn’t really beaten.” Kagome said in defence of her friend. “Besides you guys. His judgement isn’t all that great in the first place, but this caffeine appears to have gone straight to his head! He could get hurt. I’m going after him.” Kagome says resolutely, all hyper ness gone in her worry, as she stalks into the forest calling Inuyasha’s name.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sango and Miroku then decide to go back to the hut to get warm. Once inside the hut, they put some more wood on the fire, hyper ness worn off somewhat, but not completely gone. Sango sits down beside Kagome’s bag. Noticing a bag of some mysterious treat poking out of the bag, Sango and Miroku proceed to eat many of the various treats in Kagome’s enormous bag.

“Hmmm. I wonder what kind of ’chip’, as Kagome calls them, this is. We shall just have to open it up and see.” Miroku says, pulling another plastic bag out of the backpack. They continued this way till there were no treats left.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Back in the forest, the now shivering Kagome is still looking for Inuyasha. Calling his name, She stumbles into a moonlit clearing, with white flowers practically glowing in the moonlight. Sitting down on a rock near the center of the clearing, Kagome tries to rub some feeling back into her legs. Having little luck, she soon gives up and wonders how she is going to get back to the village. ’I’m hopelessly lost right now. I’m so stupid to just run blindly into the forest after Inuyasha! I sae the way caffeine effected him. It made him faster, so he’s probably a million miles away by now.’ Kagome thought, getting more depressed and colder by the minute.

A voice brought her out of her contemplation of her plight. “Kagome! What are you doing out here? Didn’t you hear Sango earlier talking about that demon that’s supposedly heading in out direction you silly girl!” Inuyasha says, stepping out of the clearing and walking towards her. Noticing her shivering, Inuyasha puts a warm hand on her shoulder. “Geez! You even had the sense to come out here freezing could an soaking wet! Really!” Inuyasha says, sitting on the rock next to the girl in question.

“Inuyasha, d do you t think you could stop y yelling at me and help me warm up? I r really am
v very cold.” Kagome says, her teeth chattering.

Inuyasha moved to take his red haori off, only to find it not there. ‘Oh yah. It’s in the hut. Now what? I’ve got nothing to put on her. Oh well. Might s well get this over with…’ Inuyasha thought.

Kagome, who had also forgotten that his haori was at the hut was needless to say quite surprised when Inuyasha put his arm around her and pulled the girl into Inuyasha’s lap. It was a pleasant surprise though.

Inuyasha, who had been going to put on the usual ‘I’m-just-keeping-you-warm-so-that-my-shard-detector-doesn’t-die-on-me-rout ine’ when he looked down into the face of the girl in his lap. Really looked at her. ‘She doesn’t really look like Kikyou that much when you really think about it. Kagome looks happy. Always. Even when she’s sitting in the middle of the forests in wet clothes. The moonlight even looks warm on her, while on Kikyou it just makes her look colder. Yes. Kagome is much warmer now. Literally. I wonder if I should…’ Inuyasha thought, unaware of Kagome watching him back.

‘The moonlight looks really good on Inuyasha. He’s so handsome. Oh no. He’s got that look in his eyes again. He must be thinking of Kikyou.’ Kagome thought, not noticing how close his face had gotten until…

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Thanks, Sarin of the Night