InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Warning - Hanyou's and Caffeine Do Not Mix! ❯ Go-ban ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
disclaimer: Still I have no legitimate claim to the rights of Inuyasha. If I did…Lets just say I would be the happiest person alive…



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last Time…

Inuyasha, who had been going to put on the usual ‘I’m-just-keeping-you-warm-so-that-my-shard-detector-doesn’t-die-on-me-rout ine’ when he looked down into the face of the girl in his lap. Really looked at her. ‘She doesn’t really look like Kikyou that much when you really think about it. Kagome looks happy. Always. Even when she’s sitting in the middle of the forests in wet clothes. The moonlight even looks warm on her, while on Kikyou it just makes her look colder. Yes. Kagome is much warmer now. Literally. I wonder if I should…’ Inuyasha thought, unaware of Kagome watching him back.

‘The moonlight looks really good on Inuyasha. He’s so handsome. Oh no. He’s got that look in his eyes again. He must be thinking of Kikyou.’ Kagome thought, not noticing how close his face had gotten until…

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* General POV

Inuyasha’s lips brushed up against her own. He was gentle, soft, as if afraid of rejection. Kagome stiffened in surprise at first, but quickly melted in his arms and into his kiss.

Tightening his hold on the maiden in his arms, Inuyasha slid a clawed hand up her neck, burying his hand in Kagome’s hair, pulling her closer and angling her head for better access. He meanwhile tightening the grip of his other hand around her waist, holding her so close he could feel the rapid beating of her heart. Continuing with the kiss, Inuyasha poured as much passion as possible, before licking her lips for permission to deepen the kiss.

Kagome obligingly parted her lips, allowing Inuyasha to plunge into her mouth savouring her sweet lips and exploring every inch of her mouth.

Inuyasha continued to kiss her before oxygen became a much needed necessity. Pulling back for air, Inuyasha opened his eyes, pulling back to watch Kagome open her own. Gazing into the honeyed depths, Inuyasha couldn’t recall ever feeling this relaxed, or happy.

“Kagome…” Inuyasha breathed, still dazed about what he had done by kissing the girl of his dreams.

Kagome looked into his golden orbs for a second more, struggling to say something articulate, before falling into a faint of surprise.

“Ka…Kagome? Are you all right? Wake up!” Inuyasha said, his voice raising in panic, trying to figure out exactly what had happened.

His thoughts in a whirl, Inuyasha picked Kagome up bridal style, all former signs of hyper ness gone as he proceeded to the village.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* In the Village

Brushing the woven doormat aside, Inuyasha entered the darkened interior of the hut, stepping over discarded rappers and empty bags.

Looking down in disgust at the sleeping Sango and Miroku, Inuyasha propped Kagome up against the wall as he swept the garbage off the futon and onto the floor.

Setting the now fast asleep Kagome onto the futon and covering her up with a blanket, Inuyasha turned and took stock of the situation. The fire had all but burned out, many chip bags, along with some scattered chips, were strewed hap hazardously across the room. There were numerous empty pop cans interspersed among the aforementioned empty bags as well. Sango was asleep on the floor, curled into a ball next to the fireplace. Hiraikotsu was close by her hand, ready to be used.

Miroku was sleeping across the fire from Sango, are so it seemed at first. A closer inspection revealed a rather large lump on the side of his head. No doubt from his lecherous antics. Sango probably knocked him out awhile ago.

Making sure Kagome was fast asleep, along with everyone else, Inuyasha started to clean up the room. First he gathered together all of the pop cans together and lined them up by the door in neat, orderly rows beside the door. He then proceeded to grab the broom that was leaning up against the outside of the hut and sweep up all of the garbage into a corner. It was the same corner, he noted, that his clothes were in. Relinquishing his hold on the broom, Inuyasha grabbed his garments and put them on, leaving the monks robes under the garbage to be found in the morning.

As he straightened the rest of the room to the best of his abilities, Inuyasha was almost overcome by a wave of exhaustion. Feeling quite dizzy, Inuyasha sat down against the wall, barely having enough time to cross his legs before falling into a deep dream filled sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Earlier that night in Naraku’s Castle…

Naraku sat in the center of a sparse room, his attention on the mirror held by his incarnation Kanna.

For most of the night the evil hanyou had watched Inuyasha and his companions consume some unknown beverage with odd effects, some of which include excitability, paranoia, and temporary lose of sanity. Another key effect would be that it seemed to be addictive, from the young miko’s actions towards the strange red objects.

‘This subject requires further study. I will ‘acquire’ some of this substance for myself, and see if it’s effects include increased strength like I am led to believe.’ Naraku thought, plotting an insidious plot around the Inu-tachi.

“That is enough Kanna. You are dismissed.” Naraku said to his pale underling, pondering on how he is going to get the wonderful substance.

His thoughts decided, Naraku summons one of his puppets and directs it in how to complete it’s mission.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* In the Dead of Night at Kaede’s hut.

A dark shadow can be seen if one looks closely, flitting from hut to hut, heading towards the end hut of the aged miko.

Upon reaching it’s destination, the dark shape paused as if listening for several moments. As if satisfied by what it heard, the thing reached out from inside a robe of what appeared to be a baboon skin and brushed aside the doorway.

Inside the hut it was dark, but the baboon shape seemed to know what it was doing. Reaching into a yellow bag, the creature pulled out several packs of red cans.

The cans clunked together as it put them inside its robes. Pausing once more, the only movement was of a man in a monks…pants… shifted so that his hand was placed on the slender ankle of a slumbering young women. The man settled once more into a deep slumber.

Having achieved its goal, the thing slinked out the door and into the night.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~* In the Morning…

Sango sighed happily, drifting about in a half sleep. The birds were singing outside, the sun was warm on her back, and all seemed right in the world. Stretching languorously, the young tajiya was heard Miroku mumble something that sounded like it was supposed to be comforting as he ran a hand up and down her calf in a calming motion. Now fully awake, the young woman brought her large boomerang down on the sleeping mans head.

“Hiraikotsu!” Was the shout that resounded inside the hut, followed by a short bellow of pain as Miroku was jolted into unconsciousness once more.

By this time everyone in the hut was stirring, opening blurry eyes and giving great yawns.
Kagome slowly opened her eyes to the world, taking in the sights before her. Lying with two bumps on his head was Miroku, who must of committed the heinous offence of grouping Sango. The woman in question was now polishing her boomerang while shooting glares in the monks direction every few seconds. There was a large pile of chip bags in the corner, a few rows of empty pop cans by the door and a sleepy looking Inuyasha leaning up against the wall.

At the sight of last nights events with Inuyasha, Kagome went as red as a tomato, lying back on the futon with a thump.

At the sound of this thump Sango looked away from her glares to a very flushed Kagome, looking rather forlorn on her futon.

“Kagome! Are you all right? Your all flushed and hot looking. Do you think you are sick?” Sango asked in concern for her friend, not noticing the girls glances in an equally red hanyou’s direction. “Kagome. You are to stay in bed for the rest of the day until you feel better. No arguing!” Sango said, overriding Kagome’s stuttered protests on how perfect her health was.

“Great! Now who’s gonna make breakfast?!” Inuyasha complained, rubbing his taut stomach.

All he received for his complaining was a heated glare from Kagome and a slightly green expression from Sango at the mention of food.

At this time Kaede enters. Looking at Sango’s green face, the miko steps into action. “I knew that ’pop’ stuff of yours was a bad idea Kagome. Look at all of ye! Miroku is unconscious with doubtlessly plenty of brain damage, Shippou and Kirara are scared stiff of ye Inuyasha, Sango and Kagome are both sick, and ye Inuyasha are also flushed! To bed with ye all. I do not want to see your faces for the rest of the day unless I am pouring medicine into them.” the aged miko orders, looking at the pile of garbage in the corner with disgust, wondering how this mess is going to be dealt with.

Now that his entire team of shard hunters was temporarily out of commission, Inuyasha had no choice but to go sulk in the Goshinboku.

Stalking out the door, Inuyasha departed for the forest without a backwards glance, leaving in a red and white blur with only a lonely puff of dust to give proof of his passage.

In the Goshinboku, Inuyasha kept going over the kiss. ‘Was it just me or did she actually kiss me back? No. She wouldn’t do that. At least not on purpose. The caffeine probably got to her. She’s probably pissed at me for what I did. Not that I care. Caffeine doesn’t care either. That is a truly gods-sent beverage…” Inuyasha thought to himself, drifting off into an almost meditative state, watching the fluffy clouds pass overhead.