InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Warning - Hanyou's and Caffeine Do Not Mix! ❯ The REAL Chapter 6 ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: Still I am not the owner of such a fine story and it’s characters. The Exalted Rumiko Takahashi is STILL the proud owner. I’m just a borrower…

A/N: I’m baacckk!! I kinda took a vacation of sorts, with no typing. Except for that Broccoli story I wrote… You should all check it out.
FIRST of all, I am most sincerely sorry for not updating. My impromptu vacation was due to a nasty case of writers block which I am still trying to get over…I heard that reviews could cure that ailment, but I have yet to test that theory. You could help my research cause by making a donation in the form of a review to this story! I thank you for your help in advance.
SECOND of all, here it is! The next chapter! The long-awaited never-thought-you-were-gonna-get-it chapter! Hurrah!
THIRDLY Enjoy the chapter!! And a Big thank you to those who offered to help with my lemon-block!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Last Time

In the Goshinboku, Inuyasha kept going over the kiss. ‘Was it just me or did she actually kiss me back? No. She wouldn’t do that. At least not on purpose. The caffeine probably got to her. She’s probably pissed at me for what I did. Not that I care. Caffeine doesn’t care either. That is a truly gods-sent beverage…” Inuyasha thought to himself, drifting off into an almost meditative state, watching the fluffy clouds pass overhead.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was mid afternoon in the Sengoku Jidai, and Kagome and her companions were still stuck in bed ’ill’ under the watchful eye of Kaede, who was making them stay in bed as some sort of convoluted punishment for staying up late and getting hyper. It wasn’t like they were drunk or anything! All the gang did was interrupt her sleep. A little. Honestly! They weren’t that loud. Now the oldest of the miko’s had a few new titles to add to ‘old’ and ‘wise’. Kaede the cruel. Kaede the punisher. Kaede the mean. All morning the elder miko had just sat there, her pestle in hand, always grinding, grinding, grinding her healing herbs. Keeping them inside (without food) for all of the morning. It wasn’t until a somewhat frantic villager entered the hut with a tragic tale of a broken leg did the grinding stop. As Kaede gathered up her healing paraphernalia, Kagome looked up, silently signalling to her friends, who were also feigning sleep. Sango sat up quickly as the mat door swished shut following Kaede’s exit.

“Finally! I thought that the most respected of miko’s would never leave.”

“I agree. The miko is still mad at us for having a bit of fun! At least she could have given us some water to tide us over.” Miroku grumped. “Is there any chance of ramen for breakfa-well lunch?”

Kagome was already digging through her bag, searching for ramen. Having found some a after a few long, hunger moments off searching, Kagome commanded Miroku to fetch water to boil. The starved monk was all too happy to concur.

“Kagome. Where do you think Inuyasha ended up?” Shippou asked curiously.

“He’s probably sulking in the Goshinboku. Don’t worry! I’m sure he will show up when he smells the ramen.” Kagome explained.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Above the Goshinboku

Inuyasha had drifted to sleep. That was most unusual for the hanyou. All that thinking must have tired the poor guy out. These were Shippou’s thoughts. The little kit had gotten away from Kaede’s tyranny while she was distracted by the others. He was now calmly floating above the trees, looking for trouble. He found it in the form of a slumbering red-clad blob in the top-most branches of the Goshinboku. He went to go have some fun…

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* In the Goshinboku

Inuyasha was having a dream. A rather nice dream in his opinion. It was what he thought would have happened if Kagome hadn‘t fainted. Kagome kissing him all over, twisting limbs meeting the forest floor, moans, caresses, exclamations of pleasure in general…the dream was just about at his favourite part when…POP! Shippou’s balloon form burst right in his face, the kit landing on his head.

“Hey Inuyasha! What were you thinking about? You were drooling and making funny noises.” Shippou queried. “Inuyasha? Your face is going all red and twistied. Are you sure you’re all right?

“Now of your fucking business what I think about runt! Now go bug someone else, like the hag.” Inuyasha replied in a somewhat strangled voice.

“Nuh Uh. Kaede’s in a really bad mood right now. She’s scary, and is grinding herbs until they are dust! No way I’m going back there!”

Inuyasha was about to reply (most likely by throwing Shippou out of the tree) when one of his most favourite scents floated up to him. Ramen. This he muttered under his breath, before doing a stunning swan dive off the Goshinboku and into the branches of the trees below. Shippou, having heard the mutters, follows soon after.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*At Kaede’s hut

Kagome, Sango and Miroku were all sitting in the hut, sipping their ramen when the reed mat was violently flung open. Inuyasha stomps in, taking his customary stop sitting Indian-style up against the wall, but not before taking a bowl of ramen.

“So I see you’re not ‘sick’ anymore. Good. That means we’re gonna go shard hunting after we eat.”

“Inuyasha! It’s the middle of the afternoon! It’s too late to go hunting now.” Kagome complained.

“I agree! There’s no point, as we would not get very far. We should start up tomorrow, after a good nights sleep” Sango added.

Miroku, in an attempt to break up the glaring contest, announced in a loud voice. “Kagome-sama. Is there any more caffeine around? I’m sure we are all thirsty.”

“Oh! It‘s in my bag Miroku. Feel free to help yourself.” Kagome supplied.

Miroku went over and reached into Kagome’s bag to get a few cans, but swiftly pulled back. “Kagome-sama are you sure that you put it out there?”

“What ever do you mean? I out it out there last night. Is it gone?” Kagome inquired. Miroku didn’t reply, but instead dug deeper into the bag, searching most diligently. When he could find none he sat back on his heels with a puzzled expression written clearly on his face. “Kagome-sama, there is no Coca Cola in this bag.”

Inuyasha leapt up. “Whaddya mean it’s gone? All my lovely caffeine? I’ll murder the bastards you stole from me!”

“Excuse me? Your caffeine? I believe that I am the one who bought it, then hauled into the Sengoku Jidai! Kagome argued.

“Err…I liked it the most, so that makes it mine! Bitch.” Inuyasha added for good measure.

Kagome drew herself up. “Why! Of all the…How dar…” She was cut off mid-rant by Miroku raising his hand for silence. “As much as we all love to listen to you two argue, we have a much bigger problem on our hands. The pop is missing!”

“Hey!” Sango shouted. “I bet it was Kaede. She was pretty angry with us. I’ll bet that she took it to get back at us!”

Everyone looked at each other. “We should go look for her.” Shippou supplied. Everyone looked at him in surprise, except for himself of course, as it would be rather difficult for him to look at himself. But that is beside the point. “Umm, Shippou…How long have you been there?” Sango asks suspiciously. “Oh, I’ve been here for a while. I slipped in while you guys were eating and helped my self to some ramen.” Shippou answered.

‘So that’s where the last bowl went’ Kagome thought to herself. (It’s not like she could think to anyone else. She’s not a mind reader)

Everyone looked up as the miko in question conveniently walked through the door. Taking in the fact that everyone was out of bed, and all the empty ramen bowls scattered around, She got rather angry. She was about to draw herself up to make a big lecture, when Inuyasha burst her bubble.

“Okay Kaede. Whaddya do with the pop? I know you took it, you old hag.” Kaede looked properly confused. “I know not what ye talk about Inuyasha. Why would I still yon pop?”

Sango answered her. “Well Kaede, we all thought you were mad at us for being so loud last night, so that makes you the most likely to commit the crime. As punishment perhaps.”

“I admit I was mad Sango, but I had my revenge on ye when ye were all ‘sick’.”

“WHAT! Hag! You knew they weren’t sick! We could have gone shard hunting!” Inuyasha sat against the wall to sulk.

“So…if Kaede didn’t take it, and none of us know where it is, then what has happened. There are few who could sneak in undetected under all of our noses.” Miroku advised.

‘I have been uncharacteristically quiet lately. That pop last night must have taken a lot out of me. Maybe I should say something’ Kagome thought, still to herself, as mind-reading abilities have yet to manifest themselves in he range of skills. “Guys.” All heads in the hut turned to the formally neo-mute girl as she spoke. “I think that maybe we should question the villagers. They might have seen something last night.”

Kagome, Inuyasha, and the others all trooped out of the hut, leaving Kaede to her herbs. They stopped one villager as she walked by. Kagome held up an empty can of pop, asking if the woman had seen anything like it. The villager had not. Thus they spent the rest of the afternoon going from villager to villager, with Inuyasha being sat by Kagome for excessive rudeness. The search continued into twilight, when at last the last of the villagers had been questioned. The disheartened group trouped back to Kaede’s hut in defeat to sleep, but not before vowing to solve this mystery on the morrow.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ * In the Morning

Inuyasha woke first, as always. Shaking his head a bit to clear the cobwebs out, the first thing he noticed was that the wind had changed. The second thing he noticed was the faintest hint of taint, a taste of evil on the wind in the air. It was a scent he knew well. Naraku.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N: Well, that’s chapter 6 for you! A bit of hanging from a cliff, but not nearly s much as it would have been. I felt you deserved a break from the cliffies after the long wait. I hope you enjoyed, and R+R!

P.S. Thanks to everyone again who offered to help with the proposed lemon scene. If you still want such a scene, then please let me know.

Sarin of the Night