InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Watching From A Distance ❯ Now that I have you back ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Inuyasha cradled Kagome tenderly in his arms. His run slowly diminished into a slow walk. He looked down to Kagome, her facial expression unchanged. She didn't move and to him she didn't seem as though she was breathing. Kagome. Please be okay. You have to be okay. Inuyasha thought to himself. Upon making it to the well, he ripped the sleeve of his kimono, quickly tying it to her bleeding wrist. Why didn't you just do that before, Inuyasha?! His mind screamed at him. He bought Kagome closer to his chest, and jumped into the well. Upon making it to the feudal era, Sango and Shippo sat cross-legged near the well. They quickly jumped to their feet when they saw Inuyasha. Inuyasha's golden eyes were filled with worry and perplexity. He softly looked into Sango's, showing her that something was wrong. She'd never seen those emotions inside him. She stopped short, only three feet away from him. "She needs to see Kaede. Now. She's bleeding and her breaths are kind of raspy." His words didn't come easy. He had to force himself to speak, chocking back his emotions. Shippo jumped absentmindedly onto Inuyasha's shoulder and peered down at Kagome. "Inuyasha, what did you do to Kagome?" His smile faded quickly.

"I didn't do anything, now get the hell out of the way." He pulled him off his shoulder, and threw him insensitively into a bush. He had no time to debate if it was his fault or not. He walked swiftly towards Kaede's hut. He pulled back the straw that served its purpose as a door with his free hand. Kaede sat silently, her arms crossed, looking at the nervous wreck that was Inuyasha.

"Lay her down, Inuyasha." Inuyasha quickly did as he was told, lying Kagome down on the bed of straw. She stood to her feet, and walked to Kagome kneeling by her side. She took her hand into her own, removing the tattered piece of clothing from it. "Ah, so this is what's wrong. Nothing too bad. Ye are lucky, Inuyasha. You got her to me just in time. Ye may leave now, she'll be just fine."

"Kaede I-"

"Leave now, Inuyasha." Inuyasha clenched his teeth together in agitation. He'd just leave. This would give him time to think about what he would do. He had to come to a conclusion, and soon. He exited Kaede's hut, nearly running into Miroku.

"Ay, Inuyasha. Is Kagome okay?" Genuine concern was on his face.

Without providing Miroku with an answer, he brushed past him, sighing heavily. Nearly two feet away. He stopped. "I'm going out. If Kagome awakens before I come back. Tell her I said I'm sorry."

"Inuyasha." Miroku whispered, watching the hanyou walk away.
#######################################################
Inuyasha sat staring at his reflection in the small lake. You're so useless. How could you let months past without seeing Kagome? You're so fuckin' stupid! Inuyasha threw a small pebble into the lake, watching the small circle spread into something larger and more beautiful. Inuyasha's ears perked as he heard something approach.

"Inuyasha." A woman's voice called behind him. "Come to me, Inuyasha." Kikyo stepped from the shadows, her face blank and expressionless. Her soul collectors wrapped around her body softly. A slight turquoise light emitted from their bodies.

"Kikyo." Inuyasha whispered. "What are you doing here?" His soft demeanor shifting to anger.

"Temper, temper, Inuyasha." Kikyo said, tauntingly. She approached him, placing her pale hand upon his shoulder. "Is that anyway to treat me after all we've been through?"

"Been through? Seems as if I'm the one going through everything while you sit aside and watch things happen." His clawed fingers lifted her hand from his shoulder. "Stay away, Kikyo." Inuyasha started to walk away before her voice called to him. He stopped in his tracks to listen intently.

"Yes, go back to your little wench. But you both shall soon perish. I will take you to hell with me, Inuyasha!" Her soul collectors brightened as they lifted her from the ground, carrying her away into the darkening sky.

"Ay. Kikyo. I'll never allow you to hurt Kagome." Inuyasha whispered softly.



The sky was beginning to darken. The villagers returned from their fields and the children started to rush inside as their agitated mothers called to them. Inuyasha moved the straw, and walked into Kaede's dimly let hut. He feared what the outcome would be for Kagome's well being. If she died, he wouldn't allow himself to move on.

"Inuyasha." Miroku whispered, as the hanyou made his way inside. "You're back." Inuyasha nodded his head in Miroku's direction, deciding against verbal communication. His blood ran cold as he saw Kaede still hovering over Kagome. She picked up a white sheet that was disregarded up and placed it over the head of the lying person.

"May ye rest in peace." Kaede said, waving her hand over the person's body. "Kagome." Inuyasha said, approaching Kaede. She can't be dead. Kagome, you just can't. I will follow you to hell and back, just please still be alive, Kagome. Inuyasha stood on Kaede's side, tears threatening to spill from his golden eyes. "Inuyasha-"Before Kaede could finish, Inuyasha snatched the sheet from over the body. His eyes grew wide at the sight. It wasn't Kagome. It was a young boy from the village he'd been attacked by a demon a few days before. The poison had completely spread through his small body, killing him.

Kaede smiled, and touched Inuyasha's clawed hand. "Kagome is okay. She went to search for you. She was fine from the start. She only passed out from the pain. Ye should be happy that she missed the vein. I suggest that ye keep an eye on her, Inuyasha."

"I agree." Miroku called behind him. Sango nodded her head in concurrence. Inuyasha exited the hut, calling Kagome's name.

"Inuyasha!" Her voice was faint. Inuyasha waited for her to approach and quickly embraced her when she came close.

"I'm happy you're okay, Kagome."

"Yeah. I'm sorry, Inuyasha. I know you need me to get the rest of the jewel shards. I'm sorry that I tried to-."

"Kagome. Come with me, we need to talk." Inuyasha said, taking her hand into his own.

############################################################### #####

They sat at the lake, silently. Inuyasha was trying to think of how he, in is own way would articulate his love for Kagome. He still was holding on to her hand. His grip tightened slightly. "Kagome." He said looking into her mocha eyes. Becoming mesmerized in their beauty. He'd never really noticed them before.

"Yes, Inuyasha?" Inuyasha sighed, and then started.

"When you cut yourself, I was really scared. I thought that I'd never get to see your smile again. Or argue with you again." He put his head down, and sighed inwardly. "I was just afraid that I'd lose you."

Oh Inuyasha. And to think that I did something so stupid. If I would have known you felt this way. I wouldn't have done what I did. Please forgive me, Inuyasha. "Does your wrist still hurt?" Inuyasha questioned, inspecting it.

"No. Actually, I was a little more tired then in pain." Kagome smiled and extended her hand, brushing Inuyasha's cheek softly. "I'm so sorry that I put you through so much, Inuyasha. I don't know what I was thinking."

"It's fine. I'm just glad that you're okay now." He leaned against her hand, and she continued to softly caress his cheek. He'd never felt the way he did now. The way she touched him so tenderly made his insides ache. Without a second thought Inuyasha brushed his lips against Kagome's. Waiting for her reaction, he kissed her deeply. Kagome allowed herself to be swallowed in the kiss. But her mind still wondered: Why did it take me nearly dying for him to notice he loved me? Her mind screamed at her to stop. But her body wouldn't allow her. She wrapped her arms around Inuyasha's neck, as he wrapped his around her waist, pulling her closer to him. Kagome smiled to herself mentally, enjoying the affection that was given to her. If only for this one time, she'd enjoy this moment. Before it was time for her to return home. Even if she'd never see Inuyasha again, she could always look back on this day.

Inuyasha released Kagome's lips to move hungrily to her collarbone, nibbling it sensually. Small moans escaped Kagome's full lips as she immersed her self deeper and deeper into pleasure. But this pleasure was soon mixed with pain creating an almost orgasmic feeling. Inuyasha dug his fangs into her neck, but licked the blood from her wound. The scar that would remain afterwards would signify that she was his mate and his mate alone. Inuyasha's hands had a mind of their own as he slowly began to undress Kagome. Within mere seconds she was fully undressed and her clothes were inattentively discarded. His attention moved from her neck, to her unattended breast. He hungrily devoured it, sending pulsating vibrations through Kagome's body. Her moans became louder, and raspier. And soon her desire overtook her actions as she began to impatiently undress Inuyasha. Once fully unclothed he lied her down gently in the cool grass. Kagome rubbed her fingers through Inuyasha's smooth silver hair. Releasing her breast looking deeply into Kagome's eyes, he silently asked if she was sure. Kagome smiled, and reached up, brushing his lips, assuring him that she was ready. Inuyasha kissed her back as their tongues began their exotic dance called a kiss. Inuyasha's hardened member rubbed gently over Kagome's womanhood sending more shivers through her spine. Inuyasha felt her shiver beneath him, and smiled inwardly. He'd finally be able to get the pleasure he'd always desired but at the same time fulfill the one he secretly loved for so long. Wasting no more time, Inuyasha gently entered his member into Kagome. She slightly winced in pain, but the pain was replaced almost instantly by pleasure.

Everything was still and silent except for the moans of the lovers. The musk of sex engulfed the air around them. Kagome's hands rested on Inuyasha's shoulders, trying her best to keep from screaming his name, allowing the whole world to hear. This was by far the most fulfilling experience that the two shared together. Their souls had become completely intertwined, as they fed off of each other's energies. The feeling of climax ebbed into ultimate bliss as Kagome felt her blood warm to a rising temperature, and rush to her head. She lost herself in the ultimate form of pleasure, as her lover, Inuyasha breathed softly on her neck, making her hairs stand up straight. A rushing feeling came over the two as they both collapsed. Surges of energy still ran through both of their bodies, as they marveled in this experience. Inuyasha pulled his arousal from Kagome, and lay by her side. Her back lay against his chest as he breathed heavily trying to come down to earth again. Inuyasha nuzzled sleepily into Kagome's shoulder as he whispered silently into her ear. Smiling contently they both drifted off into a deep sleep as the light from the moon emitted a soft glow over their sweat glistened bodies.