InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Watching From A Distance ❯ The Dark Priestess's curse ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Here it is. What you've all been waiting for. My sucky fanfic. Well, please at least try to enjoy it please! Thank you. Also, I'll be using a few things from what's been happening in the series. And, about the ending being imminent I don't think I can allow it so soon. So there will be more love, Sesshomaru shall become more involved Kouga may appear. Thank you all so much for reviewing this fanfic. It really helps a writer greatly to know that someone actually enjoys reading his or her writing. ^-^ Thankies, people!

*--------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------*

Inuyasha jumped from the tree, his red haori acting as wings, allowing him to land softly to the ground. He walked sluggishly back to Kaede's hut. Everyone was asleep, except Kagome.

"Kagome." He said softly. She heard him, and turned to him, smiling softly.

"Hi. Where have you been?"

"I was just away, thinking. Kagome, come outside with me. There's something that I have to tell you." He extended his arm with his palm flat. He was waiting for Kagome to take his hand. Kagome nodded and climbed to her feet taking his hand. He cupped his hand over hers softly and led her outside. They walked until they were outside of the village. Inuyasha was the first to stop the endless walking. The sun was beginning to fade, as along went Inuyasha's demon features. The wind started to blow, and his dark hair flew into his face. Kagome reached out, moving the unruly hair behind his now human ears. Kagome's hand softly brushed over Inuyasha's cheek, causing him to lean into it softly.

"Kagome." He bought the hand he still held up to his face and kissed it softly. "I wanted to tell you about me. I'm cursed." He looked into her brown eyes, hoping to find a little emotion. Her eyes were as emotionless as Sesshomaru's. And her heart was even emptier. Her whole body felt as if it would crash down on her at any moment.

"What-What do you mean cursed?" Kagome asked, fighting back the tears that threaten to spill from her delicate eyes at any moment.

"A while ago, just before I was pinned to the tree the exact priestess that put a curse on Kikyo put a curse on myself." He sighed again, fighting back his own tears. His emotions were much more vulnerable in his human state. But he knew he had to be strong. He had to be strong for Kagome. "She said if I were ever to fall in love again both me and my lover would suffer. A virus will eventually consume my body, and you'll suffer by watching it happen to me. But I won't allow that. I'm going to leave as soon as I figure out Sesshomaru's true plans."

"What do you mean leave? Inuyasha, you can't leave! I can't allow you to leave me. Please don't leave me, Inuyasha." Kagome fell to the ground; as the tears she'd been fighting fell down her face, staining the ground. Inuyasha leaned down trying to embrace her, trying to comfort her but she pushed him away angrily. "Why, Inuyasha? If you knew you were going to die why did you-"

"Because I love you, and I wasn't going to let some old wench keep me from expressing my love for you."

Kagome narrowed her eyes, and wiped the tears that stained her face from her eyes. "I will find a way to save you, Inuyasha. I won't lose you. Not now." She picked herself up, and stood to her feet. She looked back down to Inuyasha and brushed his cheek gently.

"You must stay alive for your child, Inuyasha."

*--------------------------------------------------------------*

Okay, this is it. Now I'll say this again. Shorter chapters mean quicker updates. This chapter is definitely a cut back from previous chapters, but I have trouble with writing long chapters because it takes a lot of detailing and such. Well, this is it. Please review.

--Jasmine