InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Watching From A Distance ❯ Planning a wedding? ( Chapter 13 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Okay. This will give you guys an idea of the time frame since the first chapter. It's been four months since the first chapter. Although it seems like only a few days. Sorry guys, I'll be editing those chapters soon. Okie? Okay!

---------------------------------------------------------*------ -------------------------------

"Well what?" Inuyasha asked, and inquisitive eyebrow raised at the old woman.

"Everything on the outside appears normal, but there may be some internal damage. Ye may have to return to Kagome's time."

Inuyasha sighed inwardly. I really didn't want to return to Kagome's time. I really don't have time for that old hag to be throwing paper at me. "Can I see her, Kaede?"

Kaede nodded her approval and stepped aside allowing the hanyou passage to the small hut.

"Inuyasha." Kagome smiled at him sincerely.

"I'm so sorry, Kagome. I shouldn't have let you get hurt. I should have never lost control that way."

"It's okay. At least we got the jewel shard, and no one else got hurt." Inuyasha was obviously not amused with his mate's remark. It didn't matter if they got the jewel shard or not.

"Look, wench. The jewel shards don't matter." Kagome's faced etched into a small frown. "Ack! I didn't mean to call you-"

"SIT BOY!" Kagome yelled, ignoring the slight throbbing in her side. Once the spell wore off Inuyasha climbed to his feet and sat next to Kagome. " I didn't mean to."

"I know. But you deserved it." Kagome said, a devilish grin on her face.

"And why is that?"

"Because you haven't kissed me all day."

Inuyasha smiled soundly, and kissed Kagome softly, rubbing his clawed finger through her hair. "I love you." Kagome said after they'd broken off the kiss.

"I love you too."

"Umm..Inuyasha. You do know we may have to go back to my time, right?" Kagome said in a whisper. A whisper so low that had it not been for Inuyasha's hearing would have been incoherent.

"Yeah, I do." Inuyasha said in a loud throaty sigh.

-------------------Kagome's time------------------

"I'm sure Grandpa is used to you by now. I highly doubt if he'll throw any scrolls at you this time" Kagome said reassuringly.

"Yeah I'm sure."

"Be gone, demon!" Grandpa yelled throwing a scroll at Inuyasha's head. It stuck in the middle of the hanyou's head, draping down over his eye like a wedding veil. "Damn you old man!" Inuyasha said chasing the old man around in circles, the scroll blocking his sight in one eye. Kagome sighed and went into her home. She was becoming annoyed with her Grandfather's antics so she would let Inuyasha have his fun…for now.

"Mom?" Kagome yelled, after she stepped through the door.

"Oh, Kagome!" Kagome's mother smiled sweetly and embraced her daughter tightly. "How are you baby? It's been months since you've been home! I was worried sick! Where's your bag? Has that demon boy been bothering you again?"

"Mom, mom." Just have a seat. There's something I need to speak to you about." And as summoned, Inuyasha walked into the house, pulling the scroll from his head.

"Damn geezer."

"LANGUAGE!"

"Oh. Sorry Ms. Kagome's mom." Inuyasha said sarcastically. Kagome's mother sent him a glare and redirected her attention back to her daughter.

"Now what were you telling me honey?"

"Well, mom. I.."

"Kagome..No."

"Go on, honey." Kagome's mother said sternly, ignoring the hanyou's comments.

"Well, mom. Inuyasha and I are kind of together, and well I'm kind of-" Kagome trailed off with lack of words, instead she'd let her mom get the visual. At four months Kagome was unusually large, but she figured it was just because it was a hanyou baby.

"Ay, Kagome! But how…did…did this demon do that to you?" Her mother asked going into a frenzy.

Inuyasha's ears had been flattened to his head, but his face still wore a winning grin. But his grin was soon washed from his face when Ms. Higurashi stood over him with fire in her eyes. "You do intend to marry now?" She asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Well, technically we are. I've marked her thereby making her mines. So no one can even touch her or look at her wrong without having me at they're throats. Just like a human marriage, no?"

"That's not good enough. You have to have a formal marriage. In our time. This `marking' process is much too unofficial for me." She perked up quickly, and smiled largely. "I must begin planning the wedding! Oooh I have to call all of my friends and family and this is going to be wonderful!!"

Ms. Higurashi rushed off with a huge smiled plastered on her face. "I'm going to buy invites and look for all the right things! Ooo this is so wonderful!"

Inuyasha watched the happy woman run out the door with her keys in her hand and her purse in the other. Inuyasha smiled inwardly as he noticed that ever bit of Ms. Higurashi was every bit of Kagome. He smiled and walked over to his mate on the couch. She still had the large haori that Kaede given to her lifted, her round belly still visible. She still seemed shocked with her mother's reaction.

`Was she actually happy about it?" Kagome asked, still looking straight ahead. "I was expecting "Kagome you're only in middle school, how could you?" speech." She sighed, and rubbed her still exposed belly.

Inuyasha smiled and laid his head on Kagome's stomach listening to the small rumbling his pup made him chuckle softly. "I can hear it moving." Inuyasha said softly. Kagome smiled, and ran her fingers through Inuyasha's hair. She wanted so much to cry right now. She was feeling sad, but why? Maybe regretting her pregnancy? Or maybe regretting Inuyasha? No. It could be either one. She knew she loved Inuyasha, and she would surely love their child. Inuyasha smelled Kagome's tears, and quickly turned to her. "What is it? Does your side hurt? Do you need to go to that hospital place?"

Kagome smiled at Inuyasha's concern and kissed him softly. "I'm just a little tired. That's all." Inuyasha smiled smugly and lifted Kagome from the couch. Carrying her to her bedroom. He laid her softly in the bed and lay next to her, cradling her softly.

"I love you, Kagome Higurashi."

"I love you too, Inuyasha."

-------------------------------------------------*-------------- -----------------------------


Okay. The next part will be set forward another month and it'll be the wedding. The next part after that will be the honeymoon, and don't worry the chapters will get longer. They're only short now because I needed to break them into parts. So, see you on my next update, which will be in another 4 - 5 days. Thanks, and please review!