InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Waves of Fate ❯ In Town ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Kagome looked around the town in wide eyed wonder. She had lived her entire on the small farm of her family, always being too busy to travel. Her eyes flickered over the merchants selling their wares, and the whores beckoning to the eager sailors. She gasped as her eyes landed on the huge buildings in the center of town as they drew closer.

"Is this what all ports look like?" she asked Inu Yasha excitedly.

He nodded. "Most of them do look like this," Inu Yasha said as he swiped an apple from a near by stand without being caught and took a bite.

The girl giggled and leaped forward and twirled in her excitement. "It's wonderful!" she laughed, peering at the jewelry a man was gesturing to. She looked over her shoulder at Inu Yasha and beamed at him.

Inu Yasha nodded. "Go ahead and take a look and see what you like."

She shrugged as she turned to walk on. "I like it all; I've never seen anything like it before in my life. All I've ever known is the pigs and chickens, feed and crops."

Inu Yasha stood there and looked at the jewelry for a minute as he talked to the man and distracted him. With one swipe of his hand he stole a jeweled butterfly barrette and stuck it in his pocket.

Kagome was looking over the different buildings wondering what marvels they could contain, distracted by her awe of the newly introduced wonder. The young Captain walked by Kagome and innocently dropped his prize into her hand. He smiled and strutted down the street.

Kagome blinked wide-eyed at the barrette in her palm and blushed. She tucked it away out of sight, feeling a rush of giddiness. Casting one last look at the buildings and merchants she darted after Inu Yasha. "So what are we doing now?"

"Gonna be picking up some supplies like food, gun powder, and so on and so forth," he said as he looked around. "That's what Miroku and Sango went to deal with."

"Then what are we in charge of?" she asked, trying not to look childish in her awe of her surroundings.

He smirked. "Having fun is what we are in charge of. As of now, the Captain has a few hours off."

She blinked then looked up at him. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to tag along as an annoyance," she blushed shamefully.

"You're not tagging along; I'm actually having fun watching your expressions," he said in all honesty.

The girl blushed again and laughed. "Well, I'm glad I can amuse you, Cap'n." Her jerky salute was clumsy and she wasn't paying attention, resulting in a crowd of children throwing her off balance as they ran by, causing her to fall backwards.

He rushed forward and barely caught her as he glared at the kids. "Hey watch where you're going, you stupid brats!" Inu Yasha yelled.

Kagome blushed and looked up at Inu Yasha. "Thank you..." she murmured quietly.

The young man made sure she was steady on her feet before letting go. "Your welcome," he said. "How about we get some food; I'm starved."

She grinned and nodded. "Sounds good to me," she beamed.

Inu Yasha held out his hand. "My lady, will you please escort me to the tavern?" he asked with a smile.

Her eyes shot open. "A real tavern? Really truly?" she gaped.

Inu Yasha blinked. "Well, yeah, where else would you eat at?"

She flushed and then shrugged, murmuring something under her breath, ducking her head.

"What? I couldn't hear you; speak up."

She just shook her head. "Nothing. Where's the tavern at?" she asked trying to hide her excitement.

"Down the street," he said. ''So, lets get going," Inu Yasha said as he led her through the crowd to the tavern.

Kagome blushed slightly and followed closely behind him. When they reached the tavern she nearly stopped dead just to gawk at the people there.

He stopped and looked at her. "What's wrong?"

She shook her head. "It's amazing!" she gaped.

Inu Yasha shrugged. "I forget that you have never been to a place like this before."

Kagome giggled and nodded before flouncing off deeper into the tavern, getting an eyeful of the people there.

Inu Yasha followed close behind her. "Let's find a table to sit at," he said as he looked around.

Kagome nodded and followed him to a table. She sat down and glanced around. "This place is so exciting," she said, smiling at him.

He nodded as he ordered two bowls of beef stew, bread and two brandies'. Inu Yasha glanced around. "Yeah, hopefully, no one will get into a drunken brawl today."

The girl grinned. "Oh that'd be fantastic!" she laughed. "Oh my word, I love this place, but I must say that the sea is much calmer, and much more to my liking."

He nodded. "I don't like being in town that much; I prefer the ship much more." Inu Yasha looked at the young girl that set the food down on the table and slipped her a few coins.

Kagome smiled and deeply inhaled the food. "It smells wonderful!"

"Yes it does." His golden eyes looked over the food. "A good hot meal for once, that's great."

Kagome smiled and shivered. She blinked at the men turning around to stare at her chest openly and forced her attention to her bowl of soup. "So where are we headed after we leave here?"

"Back to the ship, Miroku and Sango should have everything loaded by

then."

Kagome nodded and shoveled the stew into her mouth.

Inu Yasha raised the glass of brandy to his lips and glared at the men that were staring at them. Catcalls and vulgar comments were being thrown back and forth all over the place inside of the tavern, but the one that made their backs stiffen was one made by a raunchy looking sailor who'd had too much ale.

"Hey Lovleh... I know you want to... take what little clothing you have left on off for me."

Kagome's nose wrinkled at the stench of ale and she cringed backwards as his table full of buddies erupted into laughter.

The young Captain growled and threw his glass and hit the filthy man right square on the forehead with it which caused it to shatter. "How about you shut your filthy mouth?"

The man staggered to his feet, enraged. "'Ey now," he growled. "Don't stinge all the goods to yuhself!" he slurred. He grinned lecherously at Kagome and leaned toward her, leaning on the chair and bending down slightly, his putrid breath bursting across her chest making her shudder and cringe. "Now, why don't you come with me...?"

Inu Yasha reached into his vest and pulled out a small dagger and stabbed the table with it right near the man's hand. "If you value your neck, I would step back; if not, I will give you a smile from ear to ear," he said as his eyes seemed to glow in delight.

Kagome looked up at Inu Yasha worriedly as the man reached down and gripped the girl's wrist, yanking her to her feet. Kagome cried out in pain as she crashed against the man, his arm clamping her to his side. His rancid breath made her gag and cringe away as he grinned and leaned closer to her.

"You'd rather be with a man with money, wouldn't you honey?"

Inu Yasha pulled the dagger from the table and grabbed the man by the hair of the head pulling him away from Kagome. "I said step back or die." He wrenched the man's arm behind his back while he put the dagger to his throat. "Choose now," he seethed.

"Inu Yasha!" Kagome called as the man let go of her. Suddenly the entire band of men went silent.

"I-Inu Yasha?" the man behind her stuttered.

A grin spread across his face. "That's my name." He held the dagger against the man's neck. "Why, does someone have a problem with my name?"

"N-no!" The rest of the men backed away quickly, color draining from their face. The man in his arms seemed to be close to be losing consciousness in fear.

Inu Yasha released the man and shoved him face first into a wall. "Good, because anyone who does, usually meets a painful death."

The man and his friends rushed out of the place in fear and Kagome took a few steps closer to Inu Yasha.

"Captain?" she said questionably.

Inu Yasha smiled. "Yes, Kagome?" he asked as he walked back over to the table and sat down.

Kagome nodded and quickly finished the rest of her stew, then leaned back to examine the rest of the tavern. "I have to admit, even though that was frightening, I was kind of excited, wondering what you would do to the guys," she giggled, looking up at him trustingly.

"I would have killed them but my stew was beginning to get cold," Inu Yasha replied as he finished off his dinner.

Kagome blushed again as she stuck her tongue out at him. "Fibber."

Inu Yasha looked up at her with a serious look in his eyes. "I don't fib. I am a killer Kagome; that's plain and simple."

The girl looked up at him with her head tilted to the side, then shook her head and looked off to the side.

"Well are you ready to head back to the ship?" Inu Yasha asked as he stood up from the table.

Kagome smiled and nodded. "I am!" She leapt up and brushed of her pants, excited to be going back out to sea.

Inu Yasha laughed as he led her out of the tavern.

The girl gave a departing smile to the port as the passed through the town towards the ship and linked her hand through Inu Yasha's. Inu Yasha tilted his head as he looked at her with a curious smirk on his face. Kagome looked up at him with a sad, and certain distant smile on her face. She felt as if he were the only person left whom she had a chance at life with.

"What's the matter Kagome?" He asked quietly.

The girl looked towards a girl taking care of her little brother and blinked back tears as their mother called them in for dinner. "I just guess I was feeling homesick for a moment," she said quietly. She looked back up at him smiling. "But I'm glad that I'm with you and the sea now than anything else..."

A look of sorrow crossed his features as he looked at the young woman. "You will find him, don't worry," he said as he led her up onto the ship. "I know you will one day."

Kagome smiled slightly and looked towards the people milling about onboard. "Oh my gosh!" she exclaimed. "Look at all the ale and brandy!"

"Yes, we can not go out to sea without ale or brandy if we did the crew members would go into mutiny."

Kagome giggled and wrapped her arms around one of his, cradling it between her breasts. "How about treating a girl to a treat then?"

Inu Yasha nodded. "By all means have as much as you want," he said with a smile. Just then, Miroku walked up behind the captain with a letter in hand. "Inu Yasha, you're such a suck up," he teased his friend.

Kagome stuck her tongue out at Miroku. "You're just jealous cause Sango's not boob sandwiching your arm."

Miroku smirked. "No, I would want her to boob sandwich something else," he said with a wink and handed Inu Yasha the letter. "From your brother, Lord Sesshoumaru."

Kagome rolled her eyes and muttered something like, "Lech," as she let go of Inu Yasha's arm and chased down one of the barrels of brandy.

Inu Yasha scowled down at the letter as he opened it. "Bloody hell what does he want now?" he asked.

Miroku shrugged. "Your balls on a silver platter?" the first mate said in response.

Inu Yasha read the letter and growled then tore it into shreds. "You're close. He wants me to come back home and marry so he can give me my inheritance."

Sango walked up to the two men from the side. "So, who's the lucky girl?"

Inu Yasha growled and narrowed his eyes. "I'm not getting married, and I don't want the inheritance."

Miroku laughed. "You're the only man on earth who doesn't want an estate and money. Plus, you would have the title of a Lord."

Sango laughed and shook her head. "Well, I say he marries the last wench he boned. Who was it Marie?"

Inu Yasha rolled his eyes. "I can't remember her name but I don't think it was Marie."

Sango's eyes widened. "Wait no! It was Kagome!" The girl threw her head back and laughed. "There ya go, perfect match!"

Inu Yasha choked as his face turned crimson. "I didn't do that, remember? You walked in."

Miroku laughed. "Poor Captain, he is suffering from blue balls; no wonder he is in such a foul mood."

Inu Yasha growled and bopped him on the head. "Shut up!!!"

Sango smirked as she hooked a finger around Miroku's collar. "Well, Cap'n, I hope ya don't mind too terribly badly, but I've had me some ale and brandy and Miroku is looking handsomer than normal so I think you can manage with out us for a night," she said as she walked off, with man in tow.

Miroku gladly followed with a smile on his face for a few moments but then it struck him as to what she said. "Hey Sango, are you saying I'm ugly when you're sober?!"

She laughed and just shook her head, letting her impending actions make up for her words.

Arms slid around Inu Yasha's waist from behind and something leaned against his back.

"Hello Kagome," he said as he stood there, watching his friends walk down to their cabin.

"Hey," she said quietly, trailing her fingers across his stomach.

"What do you need Kagome?" Inu Yasha asked still aggravated by the letter his brother had sent him. "Did you get your brandy?"

"Nothing," she said, releasing him and leaning against the edge of the ship looking over the side contentedly. "The sea is beautiful, ne?"

The Captain nodded. "I love it but the way things look at the moment I might have to pay my brother a visit to take care of some business," he said with a scowl. "Maybe take a sword to his neck would be better."

Kagome smiled. "If you think that's what will take care of it. I doubt it though. Then you'll have hunters out after you for murder though too."

He sighed. "Killing a Lord is worse than killing anyone else so I suppose

You're right."

Kagome looked up at him. "Everyone wishes for a more peaceful life no matter what life they already have. Life is life; it comes with peace and obstacles." She zoned out and looked far out at the ocean. "Some are larger than others."

"You're right," he said as he turned to walk to his cabin. "Well good night young miss, I'm off to bed."

Kagome smiled. "All right. Sleep well."

Inu Yasha smiled in return. "Sweet dreams young lass," he continued his walk to his cabin as he glanced at the stars.