InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ We've Been Here For So Long ❯ Welcome To The World ( Chapter 33 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

             The doctor that was preforming the delivery was a kind elder man, who spoke in soft soothing tones that helped Kagome remain relatively calm. Inuyasha stood beside her, adorned in blue hospital scrubs, his long silver hair pulled back and wound into a braid.


“Now dear, I need you to take big deep breaths for this contraction, and then push when I tell you. You’re a strong girl I know you can do this,” Dr. Casey said. Kagome nodded, her hand reaching for Inuyasha’s.


The contraction came and Kagome whimpered, taking a shaky breath. Dr. Casey sat down on his chair by her legs that were resting in the stirrups of the delivery bed.


“All right now Kagome, give me a big push”


Kagome did, her eyes clenching shut with effort. She held on to Inuyasha like he was her life line, and he leaned close to her whisper comfort and encouragement to her while his other hand pushed her bangs from her damp forehead.


“Good girl, take a break,” Dr. Casey called.


Kagome slumped back ward, her eyes finding Inuyasha’s. His smile was hidden behind his face mask, but Kagome smiled back, easing her grip on his hand.


“You’re doing great, I’m impressed,” He told her. Kagome snorted weakly, and took a deep breath at the upcoming pain she felt.


“Thanks,” She said.


“All right, get ready Kagome, I need another big push” Dr. Casey said again.




        ;     Sango had been reduced to pacing, her head snapping up ever so often to glance at the clock. Three hours now, she had been in labor for three hours now.


“Sango, honey, come sit down, you’re making me nervous,” Miroku said. She glanced at him and rolled her eyes, going to sit in the vacant spot beside him. He reached out to grasp her hand, bringing it to his lips.


“Try to be calm, these things take time. We’ll hear some news soon, don’t worry,” He offered. Sango smiled, and nodded, resting her head on his shoulder.


“I was in labor with Kagome for eight hours, I’m hoping that it won’t be that long for her,” Mrs. Higurashi confessed. Amber laughed nervously.


“Yes, lets hope” Sango replied.




      &nb sp;     “I see a head, Kagome. You need to give me the biggest push you can muster, and we’ll be done. You can do it,” Dr. Casey told her.


Kagome nodded, too weak to speak. She looked to INuyasha for encouragement, and he smiled at her, leaning real close to her.


“Kagome...” She met his gaze, his eyes were shining with emotion that had her breath catching. He took a breath, getting ready to speak, but then Kagome whimpered and closed her eyes as another contraction came.


“One more big push, come on now Kagome,” Dr. Casey said. Kagome took a deep breath and pushed, hard. Inuyasha leaned close to her again, his hands around the one that held him.


“Kagome... I love you beyond all reason. And I know you’ve got this, come on”


Kagome looked up at him wildly for a moment, her eyes clouding with tears. She took another deep breath and pushed with all her might. She let out a scream, and then there was a minute of silence before a small cry broke it and Dr. Casey stood up cradling a squirming baby in his arms.


“Welcome your son to the world”




       ;      Inuyasha had come to collect them after the fourth hour of waiting. They followed him to Kagome’s room, where she sat up in the bed, cradling a bundle in her arms. He was perfect, five and a half pounds, which was good for being a month early, his tiny head covered with dark fuzzy hair. He was pale, and still a little red, but he had smooth cheeks, and perfect little features.


“Everyone, this is Shinrai. Shinrai this is your family,” Kagome said. Inuyasha stood by her side, his gaze on the little baby boy, that she held. Kagome’s mother held out her arms for him, and Kagome handed him to her. She let out a breath as everyone cooed over him. Kagome’s hand snuck out to grab the fabric of Inuyasha’s shirt, tugging him close.


“Did you mean it?” She asked. Inuyasha glanced down at her, a smirk on his lips.


“I don’t say things like that, if I don’t mean it”




“Good”


Ka gome dragged him down, pressing her lips to his. Inuyasha chuckled against her, bracing his arms on either side of her. Kagome pulled away and smiled at him.


“I meant that too, and I know that it’ll be hard, with the baby and all, but I hope you won’t change your mind” She told him. Inuyasha shook his head, placing a kiss on her forehead.


“We’ve been together this long, you can’t get rid of me that easily”.


“I know, I was just checking”




     &n bsp;      Finis