InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ We've Been Here For So Long ❯ Waiting I s The Hardest Part ( Chapter 32 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

             Sango smiled at Mrs. Higurashi as she came to join her again, in the waiting room. She had called Miroku and Amber only a few minutes before, and hoped they came soon. She hadn’t heard any news since Inuyasha had popped in an hour or so before, saying the contractions were relatively close, and that Kagome was sleeping. She had been really stressed out, so her blood pressure was very high, and the nurses warned against to many visitors.


“Did Inuyasha come by while I was gone?” the older woman asked. Sango shook her head, and leaned back in her chair.


“I wish I could go see her, but knowing Kagome, she’d get very emotional and I don’t want her to upset herself too much” Mrs. Higurashi said with a sigh. Sango nodded.


“I hope Amber and Miroku get here soon. I can’t believe I had forgotten to call them” Mrs. Higurashi chuckled, and patted Sango’s knee.


“Dear, it’s fine, this is a stressful time for all of us. Your mind is on Kagome, so is mine”


“Yeah, I hope Inu comes back soon. I’d like to know how things are going”




       ;      Inuyasha clenched his teeth as Kagome gripped his hand tighter, he could feel the bones rubbing together as she assaulted the poor limb. The nurse was just standing there reading the contraction chart, her brow furrowing.


“These contractions are getting closer together. Now Kagome, I’m going to check how far along you are, and then we’ll see if you’re ready to deliver this baby” The nurse said. Kagome didn’t hear her though, she was too focused on her breathing, and grinding the bones in Inuyasha’s hand to powder.


The nurse lifted the sheets and such, checking. She came back up, replacing the sheets and then turning to Inuyasha.


“I’m going to get a doctor, and we’ll be moving her into a delivery room,” She said. Inuyasha sputtered as she left, and glanced over at Kagome who had slumped back down again to rest after the contraction stopped.


“Kagome?” He started. She opened her eyes to watch him, the brown orbs were glazed and foggy with exhaustion.


“Yeah,” She mumbled.


“Their moving you to the delivery room, it’ll be over soon. The baby’s on it’s way”




      & nbsp;     Sango jumped up in her seat as Miroku made his way into the waiting room, his face worried. He wrapped his arms around her, and gave a quick wave to Kagome’s mother. Amber made her way in after him, a large teddy bear clasped to her chest.


“Is she okay? Has the baby come yet?” She asked hurriedly. Sango shook her head.


“INuyasha hasn’t been by for over and hour now. We don’t know anything-,” She stopped as a nurse popped in, smiling at them.


“Are you the party for Kagome Higurashi?” She asked. Kagome’s mother stood, offering her an answer.


“Yes, we are, can you tell us news of my daughter?”


“She’s being moved to a delivery room as we speak. The young man, Inuyasha asked me to tell you since he has to accompany her. I’m sure he’ll be by to tell you news after the delivery,” She said, before leaving.


“Oh my goodness, I’m gonna be and auntie soon,” Amber squeaked. Mrs. Higurashi smiled.


“I’m going to be a grandmother, oh my”