InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ We Will Become Silhouettes ❯ Hell Hath No fury ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

We Will Become Silhouettes
 
 
Chapter 7 Hell Hath No Fury
 
 
Inuyasha bit his lip for what felt like the thousandth time that day, and yet even when he did it didn't seem to help. No nothing seemed to help to rid the grin that seemed to be permanently plastered to his face. It wasn't fair, why did he have to be such a mirror with his emotions? But more importantly why did all of his friends have to come over on the one day he was such a mirror with his emotions?...Life sucked. Once more biting his lip he glanced to up see that everyone at the breakfast table seemed to be staring at him.
 
A scowl crossed his features. This so wasn't fair. Once a month Kagome and Miroku always came over for breakfast, and this particular morning they had decided to invite Sango along, and the thing all three of them had in common was that they were all staring at him with a knowing look in their eyes, which told him one thing.
 
“Dammit Miroku why can't you ever keep your mouth shut?” He yelled. That was the only explanation he could think of. After all Miroku had been chased out of his own hut before Sesshomaru had preceded to…well…that so wasn't the point! “You didn't have to go and tell everyone.”
 
The monk in question held up his hands in defense, before slurping down some of the noodles that had been piled on his plate. With his mouth still mostly full he managed to get out. “It wasn't my fault…Kagome can be very persuasive when she wants to be.”
 
Narrowed golden eyes turned on her. “Oh so it was your fault was it?” He said this in a dangerous tone, and yet she didn't seem to be buying into it at all. In fact she looked back at him with every bit as much bite as he was trying to stare her down with.
 
“Oh don't you give me that look. What did you expect?...Miroku crashed at my place after all…as if I wasn't going to want to know what happened.”
 
He wanted to say something in response to that, but Kagome can be really scary when she gets angry, and so to save his own skin he decided to back off and go to plan B, which was of course to bitch out Sango instead. Inuyasha pointed his chopstick at the girl, fully planning to take his anger out on somebody. “And you…Why were you let in a the little secret?”
 
Looking down, Sango quickly mumbled into her plate. “I was supposed to be doing something with Miroku…and so I ended up staying with Kagome as well.”
 
Doing something with Miroku?...It took Inuyasha's slow mind a little bit to get the gist of what exactly that meant, but as soon as he did a smile spread across his face and for the first time it wasn't from the memory of last night…Well that is of course until he told himself it wasn't from that memory, and then the memory popped into his head, causing him to smile even harder.
 
Slapping Miroku on the back, he then proceeded to ruffle Sango's hair. Both actions were quickly brushed away as the monk smiled to himself, and the demon slayer blushed a deep red. “Oh you two are just so adorable…Now I feel bad that I messed up your little meeting.” He chuckled to himself and simultaneously stuffed his mouth with noodles, causing a rather large choking fit to occur.
 
“Well you should.” Miroku stated indignantly before slapping him on the back to try to stop his choking.
 
“Miroku shut up…It wasn't that kind of a meeting.” Inuyasha turned watery eyes towards the demon slayer who now was looking flushed the other way. “I'm not that easy…Unlike Inuyasha.”
 
Oh well that just wasn't fair. “Hey! I am not easy!” He resented that. ..Plus it was definitely not a place he wanted to go seeing as how he would be that easy if the person he wanted to be easy with had any interest in making him easy. Inuyasha stopped in his thoughts…Had he really just thought that in his head? Pointing to his two best friends, he did his best to get the attention off of him. “They're the ones you should be calling easy.” His finger turned on Kagome. “How long did it take Kouga to get into your skirt, huh?” Then on Miroku. “And you…don't even get me started on you.”
 
Miroku scoffed. “Hey let's not get this started now. I wasn't the one that called you easy, and I never once said that I wasn't.” Inuyasha almost laughed as the monk's hand snaked out to ghost over Sango's ass. “Just letting you know for future references Sango my dear.” The hanyou did laugh when a hand came flying out to slap Miroku across the face.
 
A bright red welt in the shape of hand could be seen on his cheek as Sango sat with her arms crossed frozen in her spot. “Duly noted Monk…Now I would kindly ask that you keep your hands to yourself.”
 
Shaking his head, Inuyasha took a bite of what tasted like curry chicken. “Inuyasha this might not be the best time, but it would be purely platonic, and you'd be doing me a huge favor.” Swallowing the spicy food, he looked up at Kagome who looked as if she were about to cry out in excitement.
 
“What's up?” She bit her bottom lip as she looked around the dining room as if someone were going to walk in any second and arrest her for treason or something.
 
She glanced nervously from side to side, before finally spitting out rather hurriedly what she was so desperate to ask him. “It's just that do you remember that favor I asked you a little bit ago about…I know you're a little preoccupied now, but I can assure you that it would be nothing other than platonic, and you would be doing me a huge favor!” As time went on her voice became louder and more agitated, until towards the end she was practically yelling at him.
 
As to this request they had supposedly talked about earlier, he had no idea what she was talking about. Though judging from the look she was giving him he probably should have. Well he could either bite the bullet and admit he had no clue what she was talking about, or else he could try to bluff his way through it. Never being a sucker for punishment, he chose the latter. Just that thought made him chuckle in resignation. Boy if he wasn't a sucker for punishment than he sure had gotten himself into a fucked up relationship. That didn't matter now though. What mattered now was convincing Kagome that he had even the slightest inclination about what she was talking about.
 
“Oh yeah…Well if I can help you out I don't see why I can't.” Alright so he might be agreeing to something really crappy, but this kept him in the girls good graces, and really, how bad could it be?
 
His question was answered by the absolutely grotesque look Miroku gave him. “Inuyasha are you sure…I mean she's gorgeous and all, but…” He paused and absolutely horrified by the thought of what that but could mean Inuyasha steeled himself for the worst. “Well, and this is just judging from personal experience, but Sesshomaru's gonna freak out.”
 
Okay now he was confused. Why the hell would Sesshomaru freak out over him doing a favor for someone? And for that matter why would Sesshomaru freak out over anything he did. His musings were cut short by barely controlled laughter coming from across the table. Sango was trying her hardest to stifle her giggling in a napkin, but you could tell it wasn't going too well.
 
“What the hell's so funny, huh?” He asked, legitimately wanting to know the answer. His curiosity only grew when her gaze landed on him and she gave him a `I know something you don't know look.'
 
“You have no idea what you just agreed to do, do you?” She asked all haughty like, and you could tell she was loving every minute of it.
 
“INUYASHA!” See that had been what he had been trying to avoid. His hands flew up to cover his now damaged ears that were still ringing from Kagome's screech. The sad part is that he knew it wasn't nearly over. “How can you not know!? I've only asked you like a gazillion times!”
 
Glancing around the table he noticed that he wasn't the only one wincing from Kagome's tantrum, and figured he better get this settled, for all their sakes. “Settle down woman…I know what you're talking about…” He so had no idea what she was talking about. “It's just that I've been preoccupied lately and might need a refresher course.”
 
“Kikyo, remember?” He stared blankly at her as she recited a name that meant less than nothing to him. Was he supposed to know who that was, or why it was involved in the favor. At seeing his blank expression, the hairs on Kagome's head bristled and Inuyasha knew it wasn't going to be too long before she was screaming again. Kagome could be the nicest person in the world when she wanted to be, but get her mad and hell hath no fury. “My sister, Inuyasha.” She said with barely controlled rage. “My twin sister.”
 
Oh yeah, he remembered the name now. Kikyo was Kagome's stuck up bitch of a sister that always gave him dirty looks. Though what she had to do with this conversation he had no idea, but judging from the expectant look they were all giving him he knew that he probably should. After a few moments of dumb staring, and exasperated sigh came from the priestess's mouth.
 
“For goodness sakes Inuyasha does nothing that doesn't entail screwing your brother stick in that head of yours?” His mouth fell open in shock at her bluntness, and his cheeks tinted red when he heard the snickering it had caused. You know she was lucky she was one of his best friends, or her entrails would be extrails by now. “You know how I always want to go out with Kouga, but always feel bad about leaving Kikyo behind?” Inuyasha nodded, not at all liking where this conversation was heading. “Well remember when I asked you if you could come with us on a double date to keep her company?”
 
Double date?...Was she serious? Strike his last thought about not liking where this conversation was going, he hated it. Shaking his head, he tried to express to her just how bad of an idea that was. “No, Kagome I can't…You don't understand how pissed he would get.” Plus the fact that he always hated the bitch to begin with, but mostly how pissed Sesshomaru would be. He tried to dispel the thoughts of how sexy seeing him jealous is, and instead focused on the warning he had given him the night before. Sesshomaru had said that if so much as touched someone else he would leave him, and even though even if they did go out he had no intention of ever touching Kikyo, he really didn't want to test that theory.
 
“But Inuyasha come on!...It wouldn't mean anything. Like I said it would only be as friends.” He continued to shake his head, trying to get through to her that there was no possible way he was going to give into this task.
 
“Kagome you don't understand I can't.” Though that didn't mean he couldn't give her other options. Gesturing towards Miroku, he made the monk his little guinea pig. “If it's just friends than why don't you make him do it…I'm sure he could stand to keep his hands off her ass for one night.”
 
As a side note Sango made sure to pipe. “He better keep his hands off her ass for every night.” That statement came with a death glare directed towards the monk in question, who simple gave her an innocent smile.
 
“Why Sango I would never dream of it.” She scoffed in reply, and went back to picking at her breakfast. “But Kagome instead of getting Inuyasha into trouble I would be happy to fill in for him.” Inuyasha didn't miss the lecherous glint in his eyes, and it seemed the Kagome didn't either.
 
“Yeah I bet you would.” She gave a huff. “But it can't be you…It has to be him.” Now here she pointed towards the hanyou as you can imagine. “Kouga wants to take me to this place on the hills, and only a demon…” She cleared her throat when she had realized her mistake. “or half-demon, can get to….You have to be carried up.”
 
Inuyasha could only just imagine Kikyo's thighs wrapped around his waist as he jumped up to wherever it was Kouga had planned…God he had always hated that wolf. He gave Kagome a fake smile. “Well that just changes everything.”
 
The sad part is that she bought it. Her face lit up, and a huge smile could be seen. “It does?” Damn why did she have to sound so happy about it?...This was only going to make it harder…Wait strike that…It was only going to make it more fun.
 
“Yeah Kags…Instead of no, it's a hell no.” Well at least if he was going to get bitched out for this later, he got to see her face droop in disappointed, and got to know that he soooo got her. It almost made it all worth it…almost.
 
“INUYASHA!” Damn…why did she always have to do that. He covered his ears again, but it seemed that wasn't the only thing that needed protection. Apparently she had deemed screaming wasn't nearly good enough, and so she had added hitting to go along with it. Slap after slap was laid on his body as she continued shriek out her issues. “You know if you didn't want to go you could have just said something! But NO! You have to be a complete dick about it like you always are!” Her slapping had gotten continuously more violent, and even though they hardly hurt, it was becoming rather annoying.
 
Though he really didn't have to worry about such an annoyance very long, because a loud growling noise coming from the doorway took care of everything rather quickly.”
 
Inuyasha looked up from his shield, which happened to be two arms draped over his face, and was oddly pleased to see Sesshomaru standing the doorway growling down his `supposed' attacker. God that was sexy.
 
That same smile that had been on his face all morning came back, and he ended up flinging his arms up in the air and falling backwards onto the comfort of the cushions they were sitting on, calling out “Relief!” as he did so.
 
Sadly enough though his friends weren't near as jovial about this turn of events. Miroku looked like he was going to bolt again, Kagome was looking like someone was going to come in and read her her last rights…Really the only one that wasn't about ready piss themselves was Sango, and she only looked mildly irritated. Of he didn't even think that was from Sesshomaru coming in, he really thought it was just from Kagome screaming.
 
Quietly padding footsteps came towards him, and soon a tall and foreboding shadow was covering him. “Why is it that you always have to do something to ruin my sleep?”
 
He tried to look offended, but the whole huge smile thing was really putting a damper on his acting skills…That didn't mean he still couldn't try. “Oh would you get over yourself Mr. Conceited…When I invited them over today I had no ulterior motives about how my doing so might affect your sleep.” Geez some people could just be so full of themselves.
 
Sesshomaru scoffed at that before giving every single one in the room a look that could set a person on fire. “I'm sure…” His look landed on Miroku, and that same hatred he had held for him last night came back. “Regardless they have overstayed their welcome for today.”
 
The smile disappeared from his face…God Sesshomaru was a bastard! Inuyasha sat up so that he was staring up at the youkai…A most humbling position, but nothing he could do about it now. “What the hell do you mean they overstayed their welcome?...They're my guests, and they'll stay as long as I damn well please them to.” He growled out, not at all liking this whole bossy mannerism Sesshomaru had adopted….Adopted?...Who the hell was he kidding, his stepbrother had always been like this, and that was the main reason why he couldn't stand him.
 
Now up until this point his friends had been pretty quiet, but it seemed Miroku's cowardly fear of his stepbrother compelled him to speak up. “No Inuyasha he's right…I really do have things to do today.” As he said this he made a move to get up, but at Inuyasha's glare he paused.
 
“Miroku you sit your ass back down…I'm trying to make a fucking point here and you're not helping with your cowardly attitude!”
 
“And what point would that be exactly…that you're a moron?” Inuyasha's lip curled up into a snarl.
 
“You know what fuck you! Me and my guests were here first, and so you can fuck off for all I care.”
 
Sesshomaru just rolled his eyes before pushing Inuyasha completely out of the way with one swipe of his hand. Inuyasha skidded across the hard wood floor, and ended up crashing against the wall. He hissed in pain as his shoulder got scraped in the process. What the fuck was wrong with him anyways? As soon as he got his bearings, he got back on his knees with a growl.
 
“What the hell is your problem Sesshomaru?” The jackass in question just simply stared at him from the seat he had stolen. After a heated staring session that for some reason didn't seem to affect the youkai in the least, Sesshomaru motioned him over.
 
Not really knowing why, but not seeing another option, Inuyasha did as he was told and crawled over so that he was right in front of his asshole stepbrother. As soon as he was in range though, Sesshomaru grabbed a handful of his hair and pulled him so that his ear was right next to his mouth. “Tell me, my fiery little brother, where exactly is our other guest?” This fucking sucked! As much as he wanted to yell at him some more, or hell even contemplate the question he was asked, he couldn't. No, because the little bastard knew how powerless he got at close proximities. “Answer me Inuyasha.”
 
The fingers that were still wrapped in his hair began to move, and could do nothing to stop the whimper from leaving his throat. “Well…Bitch one and bitch two went out to patrol the lands…They won't be back till tomorrow.”
 
“By bitch one and bitch two I assume you're talking about my mother and Kagura?” Inuyasha just nodded, and closed his eyes, fully enjoying this head massage he was currently receiving. “And tell me Dagger, what exactly does that mean?”
 
Sesshomaru leaned in closer, making sure to just barely brush his lips up against his neck. Though when he did he pulled back suddenly giving him a curious expression. “Why do you?...You taste…”
 
Oh fuck him…how the hell could he have forgotten that? Inuyasha pulled away in fear. As a matter of fact he scooted as far away as possible. How could he have let himself get so close? These once a month breakfasts weren't just to get to spend some quality time with his friends. These meals were excuses for one of them to invite him over so that no one would see him in his weak form. It was already starting…He hadn't transformed yet, but his senses were already beginning to dull, and his scent had already changed. This was the one night of the month when he turned human.
 
“I'm staying over at Miroku's again tonight!” He blurted out, looking over to his friend for conformation. Unfortunately Sesshomaru also looked over to his human friend.
 
“I see. Is that why you reek of humans?” Inuyasha inhaled a sharp breath as he tried to figure out how to explain this one. And of course it wasn't helping that his friends had exactly zero input. Sesshomaru looked like he was about to blow a fuse, and he had no idea how to get himself out of this situation. All he knew was that telling the truth was out of the question, and so for the second time that day he tried to bluff.
 
“Well as you know I spent the night at Miroku's last night, and well I had to borrow some of his clothes when I woke up this morning.”
 
Crossing his arms, Sesshomaru just continued to stare him down. “If you're going to lie hanyou, at least make sure that it's plausible. Not only are you wearing your own clothes, but you don't just smell like Miroku, you taste like a human.”
 
Well there goes anyway to cover his ass. Now there was only one thing left to do…beg, but first. “Guys I think you better leave…I'll come by this evening. The three nodded, and they said their farewells…This was of course where it got a little tricky, because now they were alone, and for some reason whenever they were alone he seemed to loose all the arguments.
 
He had walked them to the door, and now that they were gone he slowly turned around to see Sesshomaru just calmly sitting in his place eating breakfast. Taking another deep breath, Inuyasha steeled himself for the inevitable. “Now Sessh I know you're probably all wondering what's going on, but just trust me when I tell you that I can't tell you.”
 
“I could care less about your affairs mutt. Now I was in the mood for something other than food, but now I just want to eat in peace before that gets ruined as well.” Seriously he was intolerable. People called him a brat, well Sesshomaru had more mood swings than anyone he had ever met. He went from horny, to pissed, to apathetic in less than five minutes. It would be amazing if it wasn't so infuriating.
 
“You have secrets from me Sesshomaru, and I don't pressure you to tell me things that could harm you.” Damn…He really shouldn't have said that.
 
“Harm me? What could me knowing why…” He paused, and you could see that quick brain of his thinking on it, and Inuyasha knew right then that he really should not have said that. “Ah. I see now.” Setting down his plate of food, Sesshomaru held out his hand. “Come here Inuyasha.” The hanyou stared down at the outstretched hand hesitantly. Sesshomaru could be scary with his mood swings, and the hell knows what he might do. Sure he seemed all calm right now, but who knows what he would do if he took that hand. Seeming to sense his uncertainty, the youkai added. “I mean you no harm Dagger, I assure you.”
 
Well since he said it so nicely…damn he was whipped. Still it didn't stop him from placing his claw in Sesshomaru's. As soon as they touched he was yanked forward, and ended up sprawled in his lap. He was about to yell, well he was about to until he saw the small half smile on his face.
 
Resituating himself, Inuyasha quickly straddled Sesshomaru's waist so that they were facing each other. Though unfortunately by the time he had done so the smile had disappeared, only to be replaced by the same unreadable expression. Though he knew that he wasn't too mad about recent turn of events, after all he was still letting him sit in his lap, which was a trip all in itself. “Are you still mad?” Inuyasha asked, finally getting the meaning behind Sesshomaru's earlier insinuations about them being alone.
 
Sesshomaru's claw came out and began to run his fingers through his white mane. “Mad, no. Though I can't say I'm not disappointed.” Oh, Sesshomaru was disappointed in him…There's a new one. Man he might as well have just called him a stupid mutt.
 
“Yeah well what else is new.” Inuyasha tried not to let himself sound too upset, but he figured he failed in that department when Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow at him.
 
“Don't pout at me.” With that said Sesshomaru grabbed the back of the hanyou's head and pulled him forward, crashing their lips together. Stars exploded behind his vision as Sesshomaru mercilessly kneaded their lips. Inuyasha's mouth opened to further the kiss, and as it did he sliced his tongue on one of the youkai's fangs, making their taste of blood…his blood, and like Sesshomaru mentioned earlier, it did taste human. Though for some reason Sesshomaru didn't seem to care. In fact it only made him kiss harder.
 
Wanting more bodily contact, Inuyasha's hands quickly found their way inside of Sesshomaru's robe, and once there they caressed every piece of skin they could get their hands on. Obviously liking the attention, Sesshomaru leaned further into the touch, and in doing so knocked Inuyasha backwards so that he was sprawled on top of him.
 
Once he was on top of him, however, the kisses stopped. In fact not only did the kisses stopped but his hands were pinned rather painfully above his head as his stepbrother glared down at him.
 
“Inuyasha if you come to me tonight I will give you what it is you want, but if choose to go and hide like some coward at that disgusting human's house than not only is that offer gone, but I won't touch you again.” Sesshomaru leaned done, touching their lips together in a tender kiss before getting up. “Think about it.”
 
Sitting up, Inuyasha could do nothing but stare into the back of his quickly retreating stepbrother. Okay that was just weird. Why in the world would Sesshomaru want him to come to him now of all nights? From his know it all attitude it seemed he knew about the change that was about to take place, and yet it was still insisting. Also what didn't even come close to making sense was the arrangement. He wouldn't sleep with him in his normal form, but he had no qualms about fucking him as a human? Feh! Sesshomaru was just too damn confusing! His stomach tightened into knots as he thought about how tonight was now only a few hours away….He really did hate that new moon.
,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.
 
A.N- I know I know short chapter, kinda pointless…but the next one's not gonna be…smiles evilly. Bet you're all excited huh?...I know I am….but you know, I just know that lots of reviews would make me write it extra good…and I'm sure everyone knows what `it' is….so what I'm trying to say is REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW!!!!! And I'll get the exciting next installment out as quickly as I can. Love you all who have reviewed already, and also everyone who's read this…it makes me very happy to know that you like it. Oh yeah, and the Naraku situation isn't settled yet, just put on hold…he does have 3 days after all.