InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ We Will Become Silhouettes ❯ The Secret's in the Telling ( Chapter 16 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

We Will Become Silhouettes
 
Chapter 16 The Secret's in the Telling
 
“Inuyasha, come on... Please, talk to me!”

The hanyou did his best to block out the incessant voice bellowing at him from down below. He didn't want to hear it... He didn't want to know that there was anything in this world other than his agony. Lycani had chased him out of the castle and into Inuyasha forest, where he had preceded to climb the highest tree and stare off into the distance while pretending that what he had just seen never really happened...

Needless to say, it wasn't going as well as he would have hoped. No matter how hard he tried he couldn't block the images that had been seared into his brain of Sesshomaru and that bitch together... He couldn't block out the pain that ripped through him when he knew that his mate had been unfaithful.
Sesshomaru's goal had obviously been to hurt him, and in that feat he had succeeded ten times over. Inuyasha knew that he deserved what he got, but that didn't make it anymore bearable...as a matter of fact, it made it even worse. The thought that his mate would want to get back at him so badly that he would go to such extreme lengths was almost worse than if he would have fucked Kagura on a whim...or hell, because he loved her. There was no love in Sesshomaru's eyes though, all he could see was unbridled hatred for him, and everything he stood for.
“Don't let him do this to you! If you let him break you like this then he's won!” Those words, they shouldn't have gotten to him...but they did. That was what this was all about, after all, wasn't it; Sesshomaru wanted to get one up on him, and he did it in the best-worst possible way. Was he so pathetic that he would just take it lying down like some pussy whipped bitch? Would he really let his soon to be ex-mate win this round?
His apathy was soon replaced by rage, and in an instant it seemed the fire that constantly got him into trouble was blazing back at full force.

Why the hell should he be so upset about this? He had been the one to end the whole thing, he had been the one that had started this whole fiasco...He should therefore be the one to finish it, right? Right! He would not let his stepbrother get the last word in this time; no, he would show him that he wasn't as worthless and stupid as he made him out to be. The only question now was how exactly...
Dropping down fifty feet, Inuyasha landed right beside his friend. “You're right...I shouldn't let that bastard get away with it. I'll get back at him by doing the one thing he would despise of me the most.” His thoughts honed in on an idea, and the warnings of the repercussions meant nothing to him, all that mattered was the look of anguish that would be on his mate's face. He smirked to himself...maybe Sesshomaru and he weren't all that different after all.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sesshomaru was the picture of patient on the outside, even though all he really wanted to do was slit the person in front him's throat and be done with this whole sorted mess. He couldn't do that though. No, he had to sit in front of the being he detested the most and pretend to be civil, even though all he wanted to do was go back to his now hanyou-less room and forget that this horrid day had ever happened. He had been to a lot of formal ceremonies in his life, but he couldn't remember ever detesting one as much as the one that was going on right now. It was like he was introducing every factor in the world just to torture him.
“Lord Sesshomaru, you still have yet to answer me on what it is you'll be doing to compensate me for my losses.” Cold golden eyes flickered forward to meet the dark crimson one's of his most hated enemy. He was supposed to be listening to what the bastard was saying, he knew that, but at that moment there was nothing he'd rather bail on. He knew that this talk was inevitable, and yet that didn't make him any more pleased that it was him having to sit through it and not Inuyasha. Though he supposed it was probably a good thing that the hanyou wasn't here; there was a large chance that if he were he would more than likely do something incredibly stupid and then he, Sesshomaru, would be left to once again fix his mate's hot-tempered mistakes. Though he wouldn't be able to decree such a title on the worthless half-breed for much longer, for in a day and a half they would no longer be mates.
Staring boredly forward, Sesshomaru tried his hardest to stay focused on the situation at hand, but his concentration was waning, and he knew it had something to do with the dissolving bond...there was no other possible explanation as to why he couldn't get that mongrel out of his head.

“Lord Naraku, what happened to Kagura was an unfortunate accident, and I send out my humblest apologies...but you will not be receiving compensation of any kind, and you will especially not be receiving it in the currency you desire.”
Naraku gave a smirk before grabbing his cup of sake and taking another sip. “Is that right? And tell me my lord, just what currency do I desire?” The words were pleasant enough, and yet every syllable from either party was laced with such venom that it cut to the bone.
“Inuyasha is not for sale,” Sesshomaru snarled, not at all in the right mindset to keep his temper down during this conversation that Inutaishou had haphazardly dumped into his lap as he rushed off under Amarante's request to check on Kagura. “My stepbrother is not to be bartered, and if you bring it up again I'll cut your tongue out.” He gave a small bow. “I mean that, of course, with the deepest respect.”
The hanyou sneered, obviously not at all pleased with Sesshomaru's actions, though in a mere moment he seemed to have gained every ounce of control back and was now looking on in amusement. “Oh, I'm sure you do Sesshomaru, and as for Inuyasha I have already discussed that matter with Lord Inutaishou and the only way I would get your precious half-breed would be if he were to come to me willingly."
Sesshomaru's claws clenched into his palms as he tried to reel his temper in; it would do no good to blow up on this bastard; it would only be another notch in the line of unneeded problems that the household had already accumulated. He needed to be rational again; he needed to forget how bad it hurt to see the pain etched into Inuyasha's face. Why did his lover torment him so? He had built these walls around him for a reason, and yet it seemed it took his mate no time at all to rip them all down, and now he didn't even know how he should be reacting. Though he had a feeling that throwing a jealousy fit probably wasn't it.
Taking a breath to steady himself, Sesshomaru looked into the other lord's cold eyes and tried to dispatch the unwanted feelings that were traveling to the surface that had taken years to bury.

“Inuyasha will never come to you willingly.” He bit his tongue before he could add `he is mine' because he wouldn't be his, not in a little while's time.
“Do not presume to tell me who I can or cannot go to, Sesshomaru,” came a sudden voice from the threshold of the room.

The inu-youkai shut his eyes to avoid showing his annoyance. This was by far the worst thing that could have happened right now. He had had enough of the pup tonight, and he knew that Inuyasha could not handle being around Naraku right now without doing something completely moronic like he normally did.
Looking up towards his mate, Sesshomaru noticed instantly how his knuckles were swollen and bloody, and they seemed to be full of what looked to be splinters of bark. What had he been doing, punching trees? He shook his head in disgust...how had he gotten involved with such a hot-tempered idiot?

“Mutt, I suggest you take the very little leeway I'm prepared to give you and walk out of this room right now.”
If possible, it seemed that his statement made the hanyou even angrier. He knew it would happen, but he was too physically and emotionally exhausted to wear have to deal with his lover's antics. He needed him out of this room and away from Naraku, and he needed it soon. Though by the look covering Inuyasha's face he doubted, very seriously, that such a thing was going to happen.
Never once meeting his gaze, Inuyasha strode forward, the only sound escaping him a low growl. It was in that moment that Sesshomaru seriously debated just knocking the brat unconscious and saving everyone a lot of grief, but if he did that he would have to admit to Naraku that he didn't have as much control over the hanyou as he dictated, and that was just something he would not do.
“Your leeway, Sesshomaru, means less than nothing to me, as do you...so if I were you, I'd keep your bossy comments to yourself.” You know, he might have come off more dignified if he had refrained from using the word 'bossy', but alas the mutt was about as dignified as a dycon radish. Though the closer and closer he got to his `business' associate, the more and more Sesshomaru's own dignity was rushing out of the window.
Naraku, it seemed, wasn't nearly as upset that Inuyasha had shown up, as a matter of fact, he looked damn well pleased with himself. “Why, young Master Inuyasha, I was not expecting to see you this evening...Not after Kagura's and your accident that is.”
Inuyasha snarled, and gave a forced bow to the Lord of the North. “I'm very sorry about your sister, Naraku...but believe me when I say that the bitch had it coming.” Naraku gave a small laugh that was anything but genuine, before motioning to the seating cushion next to him.
“My sister does have a way of getting on other's bad sides.” He turned towards Sesshomaru, giving him an amused smirk. “Though I'm sure she had some help this time, isn't that right, Sesshomaru?”
He was trying to bate him, it wouldn't work. He refused to loose his temper over this whole matter; though just because he refused didn't mean that he couldn't make the other parties loose theirs. Taking a sip of his sake, Sesshomaru looked up towards Naraku, yet made sure to keep his eyes on his mate at all times. “Yes, well Kagura has always the best fuck I ever had.”'
As predicted, Inuyasha rose to the bait. A growl ripped through his throat, and he would have charged him right then...had Naraku's hand not made its way onto his thigh.

“Calm down, Inuyasha. You must learn to control your temper around your stepbrother here. After you learn not to be bothered by his antagonism, he's really quite easy to control.” The dark haired hanyou cracked his head. “Isn't that right, Sesshomaru?”
You know, it was much easier to get under Inuyasha's skin when he, Sesshomaru, didn't have someone to advocate for him, especially seeing as how that someone was the person he despised the most. “You've never controlled a single thing in your life Naraku...not even your lands. My father controlled your entire territory until the day he died.”
Out of the corner of his eye he saw his mate's eyes widen in shock at the information he had accidentally divulged, but he could care less. No, the look of anger that crossed Naraku's face was far more valuable in his opinion than a secret from his past.

“Your father was a used up old fool, just like yourself.” He leaned forward, coming with a hair's breath of the inu-youkai. “The only difference between the two was that I took the pleasure of using you up myself.”
Sesshomaru saw red, and would have taken his chances and killed the bastard right then and there had a fist not smashed into his face before he had the chance. The blow knocked him off guard, and by the time he had looked back forward Inuyasha was standing in front of him snarling in rage with his fist still balled.
“How? Why?! I should have known! I should have seen!”

Sesshomaru's eyes slowly faded from their red color as Inuyasha's face lost all its color. “Tell me that that doesn't mean what I think it does.” The youkai said nothing, only watched as his lover continued to pale. “TELL ME!” He screamed, and for the first time in his life Sesshomaru could think of nothing better to do than accommodate his hanyou brat.
“It doesn't mean what you think it does. Naraku wants to upset you...and obviously he's accomplishing his goals.” He would kill Naraku before this was all over, that much he knew. Whether it be in the inevitable war that the bastard seemed to want, or a slide of tongue on his part that caused Sesshomaru to finally loose his temper and filet him. Either way, the vile crossbreed would perish. “What have I told you about trying to control your temper?”
“Don't you dare talk down to me after what I just found out, asshole!” Inuyasha snarled, his temper had obviously not been defused yet. “You don't get to tell me what to do anymore, not after the bond is broken, and especially not after I walked in to find you fucking Kagura tonight!”
If Sesshomaru was any less dignified than he was, he would have hit his head over Inuyasha's stupidity. How could he have let that slip? The entire night Inutaishou had been running interference to make sure Naraku had no idea of the bond, and yet in one hot-blooded moment the stupid bastard had ruined all of their plans. It didn't matter that they had no intention of handing Inuyasha over, the peace treaty was that he would be unmarked, and now that he knew he wasn't, he could declare war at any time he wanted and the law would be on his side.
A sinister laugh came from Naraku, and he had to actually cover his mouth to hide his amusement. “Oh, this is just too rich. You just can't keep a mate, can you, Sesshomaru?” He bit back a growl, but when he turned to Inuyasha he couldn't help but let it rip from his throat.
“Every time I think you couldn't possibly get any stupider you blow my expectations of you out of the water. Do you have any idea what you have done?” he hissed, giving up his position on the floor so that he could loom over his moronic stepbrother. He had gone to such lengths to hide their mating, he had even drugged Kagura to a non-cognitive state so that she didn't slip up and tell her bastard brother why she was still pissed about her face. Yet now none of that mattered, because it was all ruined.
“What are you talking about?” Inuyasha bit back, but you could see the curiosity behind his eyes. It seemed he wasn't even aware of his colossal slip up.
Taking another sip of sake, it seemed that Naraku deemed it necessary to field the question. “You weren't going to tell me about this were you, Sesshomaru? You do realize that when I get back to my lands I shall march 20,000 of my best trained men on these lands you now call your home.” He quirked an eyebrow. “Unless of course you can give me something that will placate me to call them off.”
He really wondered what it was about Inuyasha that seemed so alluring to the hanyou, but he figured he couldn't say anything, because he had also fallen into Inuyasha's skillful trap. The half-breed in question was cursing to himself as he backed more and more into the corner...it seemed he had just realized the implications of his slip up.
Looking back towards Naraku, the inu-youkai motioned for the demon lord to stand up, and after giving him a quizzical look the dark haired hanyou complied. Using his superior height, Sesshomaru got face to face with the bastard so that he cast a shadow over his form. “My lord, I shall make sure you are generously compensated, would you like part of it now?”
Naraku got, if possible, closer, reaching his hand out to lightly stroke the inu-youkai's cheek. Sesshomaru bit back the shiver that traveled up his spine at such a vile touch. “Well that depends, will I like my compensation?” His hand moved to his lips, and Sesshomaru couldn't help the smirk that covered his face at the sound of the warning growl behind him. It amused him endlessly how strangely possessive Inuyasha had become as of late, he'd find it alluring if he didn't hate his mutt so much right now.
Grabbing the hand on his lips, Sesshomaru pulled Naraku close, never breaking the eye contact that they had. “Oh my lord, I can guarantee you'll find it absolutely... life altering.” Without a hint of remorse, Sesshomaru tightened his grip on the arm in his possession, and with his other hand he let his poisoness claws drip acid. Never once showing a bit of emotion other than satisfaction, Sesshomaru sunk his claws deep into Naraku's stomach, effectively making sure the poison made its way into his bloodstream.
Naraku screamed from the assault, and used all of his strength to push the inu-youkai away from him so that he skidded towards the wall. Blood covered the ground as his wound turned a putrid green color from the poison. “If I calculated your strength right that wound should take 36 hours to kill you...just about enough time for you to get back to your lands and find an antidote, for I assure you you will receive no cure here.”
Crimson eyes blazed as Sesshomaru received a look of pure, unadulterated anger. “You. Will. Pay. For. This.” Droplets of blood leaked from his mouth as he hissed out the words, making him look even more sinister to the untrained eye. Sesshomaru knew better though, he knew he was just pathetic.
“I'm sure I will, and you can bring the largest army you can find, but just know that we'll have had time to prepare and I can guarantee you that we will not be so easy to take.” Naraku made a move to lunge, but the poison seeping from his open wound hissed and he had to bend over just to keep standing. “Better hurry, Naraku...times ticking by, if you don't leave now it will be too late.”
Without another word Naraku made his way out of the room and down towards the infirmary where Kagura was being kept. He probably wanted her to fly them both back so that they got there more quickly. Sesshomaru didn't care. Let them come; he would take pleasure in massacring Naraku and anyone stupid enough to follow him. Now though, he had yet another situation to handle, and that situation happened to be standing right behind him.
Still snarling in anger, Sesshomaru then turned on Inuyasha who seemed to be petrified with shock at the events that had just transpired. He could care less though; he'd gladly strangle a petrified mutt just as much as an exuberant one. “Can you even fathom how much trouble you've caused because of your stupidity!?” He growled, never once slowing down in his pace towards the hanyou.
“I didn't know...Kagura knew...I thought...I thought-” Not bothering to allow him to continue, Sesshomaru slammed his fist next to the right side of Inuyasha's head, getting right in his face as his eyes began to glow red. There was only so much one could handle in a day before they just simply lost it.
“Well, what have I told you about thinking?” His left hand grabbed his mate's neck, tightening to a strangling grasp and lifting him into the air. “Tell me, Inuyasha, how it is you plan to rectify this situation?”
Inuyasha kicked out, obviously struggling for breath, and Sesshomaru was reminded of the last time they had had dealings with Naraku. Why was it that every time they had to be around that sorry excuse for a demon that he always ended up choking the hanyou in his grasp?
“Sessh, let go!” Inuyasha gasped, clawing desperately at the hand that only seemed to constrict more. “Please...I didn't know...I'm sorry...”
Sesshomaru's eyes once again flashed red as he leaned in close to Inuyasha. “Your stupidity has cost me one too many times, mutt...I don't intend to let you inconvenience my life any further.” His grip tightened until he could hear the bones in his neck crack under the pressure. If he had never met him, he wouldn't feel like this. If he were dead he wouldn't love him anymore... At least, that's what Sesshomaru had convinced himself of.
With crazed eyes, Sesshomaru watched as Inuyasha's eyes rolled to the back of his head as he began to loose consciousness. This was it...the end. Just a little more and he would finally be free. Leaning forward, the youkai connected their mouths, noticing just how cold Inuyasha's had become. He supposed that this was an example of the kiss of death, because soon his mate would breathe his last breath and he couldn't bring himself to release his lover.
“Sesshomaru!” At the sound of his mother's voice, he startled out of his crazed trance, dropping Inuyasha as he did. Still half crazed he looked behind him, and saw that not only had his mother decided to show up, but she had brought her new husband and Inuyasha's friend Lycani along as well.
“Oh, Inuyasha!” the girl cried out, rushing forward to check on his injured mate. At the look of pure fury covering Inutaishou's face, the insanity began to fade from Sesshomaru, and he realized just what it was he had been about to do.
Had he really almost killed the one person he had ever really cared for over something so trivial? Had he really almost killed the Lord of the West's son? Judging by the look said lord was giving him; he would have to say that he most certainly had.
Golden eyes widened as he realized the situation he had just put himself in, and he spun around, praying to all things holy that his mutt was alright. Lycani had propped Inuyasha's head on her lap, and was now stroking his hair as his eyes fluttered back open and he began to cough terribly through his ruined throat.
Feeling like he was just now getting control of his body, Sesshomaru leaned down towards his mate, but the girl who he was beginning to detest more and more stopped him in his tracks. “Stay away from him!”
Sesshomaru's eyes narrowed at the command. Had the bitch actually told him to stay away from his own mate? It didn't matter that the bond would be dissolved in a days time...Inuyasha would always be his. “I'll do anything I wish with him, and you'll not presume to tell me otherwise.” He growled out, half tempted to claw her just as he had done with Naraku only moments before. “Now get out of my way!”
“Sesshomaru, if you take one more step towards my son you can consider your life forfeit.” He paused in his tracks. In his anger at the bitch's words he had completely forgotten that Inutaishou was still in the room.
Slowly turning back around, Sesshomaru gave a low, humbling bow to the lord, remembering just whose castle he had been staying in for the last couple of months. “I apologize, I lost my temper.”
Amarante scoffed. “You just tried to kill your stepbrother...I would say losing your temper was a bit of an understatement!” Sesshomaru glared, but refrained from speaking. He didn't exactly feel like digging himself a deeper hole than he had already.
He heard rustling from behind him, and glanced over his shoulder to see that Inuyasha was shakily making his way to his feet, and he did not look too happy. His stepbrother held his neck in pain as he walked so that he was standing in front of him. Once he was in position he didn't hesitate in letting his fist fly through the air, but after already having to deal with such a thing Sesshomaru wasn't going to fall for it twice. Right before it connected he grabbed his lover's fist, twisting it around so that in order for his arm not to be broken he had to lean against his body.
“Inuyasha will be fine," he managed to get out while trying to hold onto his squirming mate. “Naraku is the one we have to be concerned about. He has declared war, and in a few weeks time we will have an army marching upon these lands unless we do something to stop it.”
Amarante's eyes widened in horror, and Inutaishou also had something akin to shock on his face. Obviously they hadn't noticed the blood trail Naraku had made on his way out...they had probably come the opposite way. No surprise there...Lycani had probably dragged them in from the courtyard in the other direction.
 
Glaring at his would-be attackers, Sesshomaru released his grip on his stepbrother, practically tossing the hanyou into his step-father's direction. “If you'll excuse me, I have to go prepare...we do have a war to deal with after all.” He didn't wait for a response, not thinking he could handle anymore confrontation that night. No, he ignored his mother's and Inuyasha's throaty protests and just stalked out of the room, determined to find a place to rest his weary mind and try to prepare for the next day.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
 
Inuyasha stared morosely up at the clear blue sky, cursing it for its apparent happiness. He'd like it much more if it were cloudy...at least then it would fit his mood. No, he took that back. If it were raining fire and brimstone, then it would fit his mood.
 
After he had pretty much screwed his entire family over and Sesshomaru had tried to kill him, his father had told him that until the bond was over he could no longer stay at the house. He said it was for his own safety, but he couldn't help but think that it was because inside he was just as pissed as Sesshomaru was at him and didn't even want him within the immediate vicinity. So now he was staying at Miroku's until this whole debacle was over with.
 
In truth he didn't want to be in his own vicinity either. He couldn't believe he had been that stupid. It was just like Sesshomaru said, he was too quick to lose his patience, and not unlike before, this time it had cost him a lot. Miroku had tried to cheer him up by saying that Naraku was just looking for an excuse, but it really didn't make him feel better knowing that he had given that dirty bastard the exact excuse he needed. Though he couldn't exactly just blame himself, Sesshomaru certainly hadn't used his best negotiation skills by impaling him.
 
He shut his eyes. He didn't want to group those two together. No, that only led to dark thoughts that he'd rather keep as far away from his mind as possible. It was the only way he could stop himself from losing it. Naraku was just saying it to annoy him...there really hadn't been truth behind it. Sesshomaru and that slimy asshole hadn't really been mates. He refused to believe it, and Sesshomaru denied it...though it was very seldom that his mate actually felt the need to tell him the truth, but he was going to hope that this was one of those seldom situations. He had to, for his own sanity's sake.
 
The hanyou was so into his own thoughts that he didn't even hear the person that had been trailing him, sneak up on him until it was entirely too late. He gave a cry of surprise as a body came flying over him, only to land right on his stomach so that it knocked the air right out of him. After recovering from the initial shock, Inuyasha opened his eyes to see just who would be dumb enough to actually jump on him, and saw none other than Lycani sitting on his chest smiling down at him.
 
He raised an eyebrow in surprise. “What are you doing here? I thought you would have ran away screaming after you saw what happened last night.” Not only that, but all of the nobles that had come for the celebration in welcoming his father home had left either that night or earlier this morning.
 
She shrugged, not letting it show on her face how freaked out she, more than likely, was. “Well after last night I figured you'd want some cheering up so I told my father that I'd come back tomorrow.” She smiled. “He muttered something about me being friends with some half-breed, degenerate mutt, but other than that he didn't seem to have any problems with it.”
 
Inuyasha glared, but seeing as how she was only trying to cheer him up he tried not to take too much offense to it. “Feh...Should I say thank you or something?” he said gruffly as he crossed his arms over his chest and glared, even though she wasn't the one he was upset with right now.
 
“Nope...I don't expect you to. Apparently you're only nice to the ones that try to snap your neck. And even then your manners are questionable.” Inuyasha winced, clearly remembering every detail of that point in time. The first time Sesshomaru had choked him he could tell that his lover was just angry, but this time he saw murder in his eyes, and that was what scared him the most. If they hadn't come in on time, would he have killed him?
 
Pushing Lycani off of him, he glared at the girl who was dressed in a black hakama that was tied to just above her knees and a yellow and black haori that had the sleeves cut off. He smirked, he knew that princess look wouldn't hold up very long...she was much better at being a tomboy. Though just because at seeing her get-up some of his anger was relieved, that didn't mean he could just let her comment slide.
 
“What, did you just come here just to mock my pain?” He sat up, abandoning his pass time of glaring at the sky to glare at his friend. “Cause let me tell you, what I really don't need right now are any more reasons to hate myself...I got enough of those last night.”
 
She gave him a sad smile, before laying a comforting hand on his shoulder. “You know that wasn't your fault...Naraku wasn't leaving without starting a fight. It would have happened regardless of one little slip up on your part.”
 
He scoffed. “Yeah, so everyone keeps tellin' me...” Golden eyes turned on her. “But let me ask you this, if you were the one to make it happen wouldn't you be feeling the same way?” He knew he had made a valid point when the only response she could give was to look down towards his sandals. He rolled his eyes. “That's what I thought.”
 
Grabbing a handful of grass, Lycani spread it through her fingers as they say beside each other in silence. “You're right, Inuyasha...I would feel the same way.” She said sadly, but as soon as she had wiped her hands together to clear them of grass it seemed her exuberant mood had come back full force. “But you see, that's why I'm here...to get your mind off such things.”
 
She jumped up onto her feet, extending a hand out to her friend. “Now come on...I have a fun filled day that is guaranteed to get you out of the dumps and back into...well I guess you're always in the dumps, but at least I'll have fun with it,” Lycani said, sticking her tongue out as she did.
 
Inuyasha stared at the outstretched hand in mistrust. He had gone on one of Lycani's little spontaneous rendezvous before, and as he remembered they had never really made him feel much better. One time they had tried to jump a canyon and he had ended up breaking his leg in three places, another time they had stolen his father's sake and gotten drunk for the first time and he had ended up grounded for five months after puking all over the angered inu-youkai who he thieved from, and lest he forget the time Lycani had told him it was an injustice for humans to have pets so they had gone into a village and released all the domesticated animals and they had ended up getting chased by insane angry house cats for an hour. No, these trips of hers never screamed fun. At least, they didn't end that way.
 
“I don't know...I don't think I want you to cheer me up.” Lycani glared, placing her hands on her hips, completely offended.
 
“You're such a dick. How about this, you either take my hand now or I'll tell your big brother about the time you and Miroku experimented.
 
Inuyasha immediately paled, clearly remembering a couple of years ago when he had made out with his best friend...among other things. Though in his defense, they had both been going through puberty at the time. Sadly he didn't think Sesshomaru would care. Even in the situation they were currently in he had no doubt in his mind that he would castrate Miroku at the very thought...his stepbrother was crazy that way.
 
Lycani extended her hand again and sadly Inuyasha had no choice but to accept it. Though that didn't mean he couldn't bitch about it. “I can't believe you're resorting to blackmail...Who the hell blackmails their friend over something like this?”
 
She shrugged. “Well, me, I guess.” She took his hand, sing-songing, "Now come on we've got tons to do." He let out a groan, knowing that this day was going to turn out to have been a very bad idea. He shuttered to think what would have happened if he would have told her no though. A pissed off Lycani was a very scary sight. She was almost as bad as a pissed off Kagome. Why was it that females turned into such psychotic bitches when they got mad? He supposed that was the reason he preferred the male persuasion. Though when he thought about it, Sesshomaru acted a lot like a psychotic bitch when he got pissy as well…maybe Sesshomaru was a woman. He stopped his thoughts right there and gave a grimace. He had no doubt in his mind that if his stepbrother would have heard him say such things that he would be the female one, because the youkai wouldn't hesitate in castrating him for even thinking such a thing.
 
The walk to wherever it was Lycani was taking them was filled with a stagnant silence that the hanyou was just itching to break. It was the kind where you actually start making up conversations in your head, wondering if you should say some random thing just to stop the awkwardness that was happening. Inuyasha was about to start one of those random conversations about how one of the palace cooks had made him this delicious meal involving pickles and something called ramen, but thankfully it seemed Lycani was having the same dilemma he was, and the girl beat him to the punch.
 
“So tell me, Inuyasha, how is he?” Inuyasha glared…really hard. Why is it that every body always seemed to want to know how Sesshomaru was in bed?
 
His hair bristled. “How good my mate is in the sac is none of yours…or anyone else's for that matter's, concern!” he snapped, speeding up his walking to god knows where.
 
Though his walking slowed a little when he received a slap to the back of the head. He was about ready to kill when he turned around to bitch the girl out for hitting him, when he saw the huge grin she had on her face. “What the hell is so funny?!” He snapped once again, and was rewarded with a laugh.
 
“You really are way too perverted for you own good…I mean how is he? Have you heard any word back from your palace about how he's taking all of this?” Oh…that.
 
“No, I haven't heard anything…I think I've been disowned from my family,” he moped, stopping in his tracks and changing directions as Lycani cut through the forest. “Where the hell are we going anyways?”
 
Lycani held up her hand, waggling her finger as she cut through the brush. “Uh uh…that's a surprise, but I can tell you one thing…I still love you…consider our friendship still ongoing.” She glanced over her shoulder. “And you've got to take into consideration that your dad knows how big of an idiot you are. I'm sure he's not even mad.”
 
He scoffed. “Yeah, and I'm sure Sesshomaru's not mad either, huh?” Lycani grabbed onto a tree branch, swinging on it, and landing right over the crevice.
 
“Now that I can't help with you with, but I have something that will put a smile on that sour puss face of yours.” Ignoring the tree branch she swung at him, Inuyasha leaped over the hole in the earth, landing right beside her without breaking a sweat.
 
“Yeah, well it better be good…I don't like being brought out to fuck knows where for no reason.” She gave a nod, peeling back a tree branch and ducking behind a rock.
 
“Ye have little faith, Inuyasha…Don't you trust me?” She motioned towards an alcove. “There's your reason.” Seriously doubting whatever was in that clearing was no where near as entertaining as she was making it out to be, Inuyasha sighed before crouching down next to the girl to see what all the fuss was about.
 
He had to admit what he saw brought a smile to his face, though for the life of him he couldn't figure out why Lycani had brought him all the way out to the middle of nowhere to show him it. There, a little ways off from where they were stationed was a frog demon sitting on a stump, slumbering away with a farmer's hat on top of his head. It seemed he had been sleeping like that for quite some time, because he had attracted a plethora of birds, and a squirrel was eating the honey the youkai had laid out to attract flies.
 
Cracking an eyebrow, Inuyasha looked skeptically at the inu-youkai who was smirking up a storm at her great achievement. “Did you really bring me all the way out here just to see a frog demon sleeping? I know they're ugly as piss and all, but if that's the case I seriously will strangle you.”
 
“Hmmfff…and here I thought that was your lover's forte.” Well, that succeeded in destroying any confidence he had in himself, and he sunk deeper into the ground then he ever thought possible. She shook her head. “I'm just messing with you, pup…and I'm surprised you don't see the genius behind this.” She motioned towards the oversized frog. “Observe…” Lycani scooped up a good sized rock from the ground, and took aim. She threw the rock towards the demon, landing it right in his hat, making it tip over his eyes without waking him up. She perked up, smiling triumphantly. “He's a heavy sleeper, that one…I found him this morning when I was taking a walk.”
 
“So what, you just decided to torture him by throwing rocks at him?” He smirked. “You're more sadistic than I took you for.” Seriously how crazy did the girl have to be to just randomly start throwing rocks at a complete stranger? For that matter how deep of a sleeper do you have to be to not wake up when you have all manner of creatures crawling all over and you're being pelted by rocks?
 
Lycani reached out, ruffling his hair. “I thought that's how you liked them.” Inuyasha blushed, looking away at the clear reference to his stepbrother. “Now this is the object of the game…go to any extreme to piss the frog off without him knowing. You get different degrees of points depending on the extreme of the situation, but if you wake him up not only does the game end, but you lose all the points you've acquired so far.”
 
Inuyasha's jaw dropped at that. “How is it that you came up with this game?” He really didn't think he could have people close to him in life that weren't 100 percent insane…these past few days had done more than enough to confirm that.
 
Picking up another rock, Lycani tossed it at the toad, landing it right in his lap, against his oversized belly. “I was bored…And now I just made five points…Do you want to play or not?”
 
Inuyasha stared sincerely into warm dark eyes, and knew that she was doing this only to help him. He may have no desire to play any sort of game, but after she had put so much effort into it he couldn't rightly say no. Plus, if he were being completely honest, this could be fun. Because really how many chances do you have to annoy the hell out of a complete stranger?
 
“Five points! How the hell is a rock worth five points…I would say two at the most!” She smiled at his enthusiasm, and was filled with as much vigor as when she had first come and gotten him this morning.
 
“Oh, that was totally a five pointer; if I had gone any lower I would have hit him in the stones!” She countered. “You try it…it's not as easy as it looks!” Inuyasha scoffed, before leaning down and grabbing a rock of his own.
 
“Oh trust me, Lycani if you can do it I'm sure it's not too hard,” he mocked, taking aim at the hideous frog demon. He shut one eye and stuck at his tongue as he aimed at the youkai's hat and let one fly. The female next to him burst into laughter as the rock completely missed its target and ended up crashing straight into the demon's nose, falling onto his lap with a sickening crunch.
 
“Oh shit!” Inuyasha replied as the youkai's eyes snapped open and narrowed in anger. Lycani was still laughing hysterically next to him, and as the demon gave the both of them the dirtiest look possible all he could really do was turn to the girl next to him and point to get the blame off him.
 
DOGS!” the toad hissed. “I hate all your kind! Just because the ruler of our lands is a flea ridden mutt the whole lot of you think you own the place!” he yelled, letting his jagged teeth show. The teeth part confused the hanyou, because honestly, who knew frogs had teeth?
 
He stood up from his stump and pointed what looked to be a huge ax at the both of them. It was at that moment that Lycani stopped laughing. Inuyasha put his hands out, trying to calm the demon to stop him from attacking. “Don't freak out…It was just a joke! We'll leave okay and forget it ever happened.”
 
The hanyou tried to appease the demon, but by the look of pure hate the toad was giving him he had a feeling that it hadn't worked. “Oh, you think throwing rocks at somebody sleeping is funny, do you? Well you know what I think is funny? Killing snotty mouthed mutts and laying their decapitated corpses on LORD Inutaishou's doorstep!”
 
Golden eyes widened. Seriously when they had started this game he didn't look at this thing and think, 'scariest demon imaginable', but he had to admit that he was a little freaked out by this point. Though, just because he was freaked out didn't mean he was going to let this son of a bitch get the best of him.
 
Besides who the hell did this bastard think he was? Did he not know who he was talking to? Well he supposed not, but he would damn well make sure that he knew. He opened his mouth to say just whose son he was yelling at, but then decided it might be a good idea to be someone else's son for a change.
 
“Do you know who you're talking to?” He bit out with such coldness that it would surely rival his mate's. “I am Lord Sesshomaru, your Lord's new stepson, and I am able to do anything I want to you.”
 
You know it was kind of fun being an asshole, he could tell why Sesshomaru was one so often. The frog's eyes widened in disbelief, before narrowing again as he scowled. “I don't believe you, dog, and I think it's you that should be bowing to me in submission…perhaps I show you how a mutt such as you should act.”
 
Inuyasha rolled his eyes. Why was it that EVERYONE had to call him a mutt? This bastard didn't even know who the fuck he was, and he was still calling him a mutt! Still staying in character, he motioned towards Lycani who nodded to him that she was in on the joke.
 
“Bowing?” He scoffed. “Do not make me laugh. I will repeat myself once more, demon…Get on your knees now and beg for this Sesshomaru's forgiveness, or pay the dire consequences.” He almost started laughing as he said `this Sesshomaru'; his stepbrother was the kind of asshole that would refer to himself in the third person. Besides that though, this toad had a lot of nerve to be talking to them like this…and his claws were just aching to find something to take their frustrations out on, and who better than a demon of his lands that just didn't seem to know his place.
 
The demon screamed in rage before charging towards the pair, and with a cry of surprise Lycani turned and ran, grabbing his wrist as she did so. Snickering Inuyasha let himself be pulled along as they both ran through the forest with the frog right on their heels.
 
He was itching to fight, but it seemed to be the last thing on his friend's mind, which really wasn't surprising because she really was a pacifist at heart. They ran until they got to the canyon they had jumped over, and without thinking Lycani jumped, dragging Inuyasha along with her over the crevice.
 
Letting his legs fly over the canyon, he winced as they both tumbled onto the floor and rolled into a heap. Inuyasha hit his head hard against the floor, and after he had some of his bearings back he looked up to see the frog coming close from behind them and stopping just before he jumped.
 
Inuyasha began to rise himself up from atop his friend to go fight the ugly ass creature, but Lycani caught his arm to stop him. He turned to look into her warm chocolate eyes and saw how there was fear and regret deep within them. “Don't do it, Inuyasha…it was our fault. He shouldn't have to die because of our foolishness.”
 
He stared into her eyes for what seemed like ages before sighing in defeat, and turning back towards the toad across the crevice. “Listen up, yeh jackass, I'm not Lord Sesshomaru…I'm the nice one…Inuyasha.” He saw the frog's wrinkled brow rise. “Ahh, so you've heard of me…you should have recognized me earlier, but I'm not going to hold it against you…the ears should've been a dead give away, though,” he chided, and with a pinch to his hip from Lycani he knew he was getting off the subject. “Anyways, I know we fucked up…dumb fucking us, but if you go through with this, believe me, you will not walk away from this alive. Walk away now, or I swear to you that you will regret it.”
 
His claws clenched in anger, not liking the fact that Lycani had stopped him from his kill. He knew for sure that his claws weren't going to be sullied the moment when the axe in the demon's hands lowered down to his side. “Apologize and I'll let it slide.”
 
Apologize? He sneered in disgust at the very idea. Why the hell should he have to be the one to apologize? This wasn't his fault! None of this was his fault! At that moment he wasn't quite sure what he was talking about, their game with the frog or what had happened between him and his mate…the latter's wound was just too deep he supposed to ever really heal.
 
Lycani pinched his hip, making him hiss and once more look down towards the girl. “Just apologize, Inuyasha…Here, I'll even show you how cause I know you're too spoiled to have ever done it yourself.”
 
The female inu-youkai turned towards the demon. “I'm very sorry, sir. It was my fault I was just trying to cheer the prince here up after his loss of a mate.” Inuyasha's fist clenched ever more at that, determined to give her a very long talking to after this was over.
 
Though for now, he might as well just get this over and done with and make the instigator of his problems pay. Biting his tongue to keep the scathing remarks from flying out, Inuyasha sucked in his pride and let the apology spew forth. “Fine…I'm sorry, alright? Now get the fuck out of here before I decide to change my mind and slice you to ribbons for your lack of respect.” He growled, now more than pissed that he had been stopped from having his claws stained with blood.
 
“I'll leave just because the pretty lady was a doll about it, but if you think for one second that I would ever take commands from a half-breed mutt such as yourself you've got another thing coming.” Oh. That. Bastard.
 
Inuyasha made a move to decapitate that fucker where he stood, but Lycani once again stopped him, only this time she used much more persuasive measures. Grabbing each side of his face, the girl connected their mouths into a shocking kiss, while simultaneously motioning the frog demon off. The hanyou was too shocked by recent events, that he didn't even notice the demon scoffing in disgust and turning to walk away. No, his thoughts were much more focused on how Lycani's lips were sliding against his own.
 
Though the feeling didn't last for long; only long enough for the toad to make his escape. As soon as he was in the clear the girl pulled away and smiled up at the still stunned hanyou that was gawking at her after recent events.
 
“What…why…huh?” He managed to get out, which sent Lycani into a spasm of laughter to occur from underneath him.
 
Sticking her tongue out, she tapped her friend on the nose. “Silly boy…all good questions, but don't worry yourself I was just doing it because I don't find blood shed a turn-on.” He knew he should be laughing, he knew he should be doing something other than just staring, but he wasn't. All he could do was stare down in shock as he saw his friend for the first time in a whole new light, and he couldn't help but lean in closer to the body underneath him.
 
Without thinking of the consequences, he leaned down, touching Lycani's mouth to his own in a sensual kiss that he had never even dreamed of sharing with the girl. She gave a gasp at the recent event, but after their lips had kneaded together for almost thirty seconds she seemed to give in. Wrapping her arms around the body atop her's neck, she pulled Inuyasha all the closer as she began to kiss back.
 
He licked at her bottom lip, asking for entrance into her cavern, which, with a whine she granted. As their tongues slid together he closed his eyes in pleasure, but it brought him nothing but pain, because when he closed his eyes the only face he saw was Sesshomaru's staring back at him in pain and anger. It was like he could see everything that happened…it was like he was there, and if he was there that meant that he would probably be hurting just as much as Inuyasha was the night before. With that thought in mind, Inuyasha kissed the girl even more deeply.
 
This was his penance, this was what his mate got for the pain he had put him through. He hoped he found out about it….He hoped it hurt him just as much as he had been hurt the night before, because he wanted that bastard to feel it all just like he had.
 
His hands slid down the girl's body, feeling all of her curves and relishing in how different her body was then his lover's. Though his wandering hands soon came to a stop, because Lycani caught them and pushed them back to his own body, as well as pulling her mouth from his own.
 
“No.” Her face was set in stone as she stared up at him in anger, though he had no idea what for. She certainly hadn't been complaining earlier.
 
“No what?” he asked, annoyed. Really, she was as bad as Sesshomaru. Why start kissing someone if you don't want to do anything in the first place?
 
“I won't be your revenge fuck…I like you too much to just be your outlet to hurt Sesshomaru!” she growled, voice starting to tremble as she let out her fears. He had to say it was strange how well she knew him. He hadn't even come to the conclusion that he was doing this out of revenge until just a few moments earlier…it seemed she could read him even before he could read himself. That didn't mean he didn't want this for reasons other than revenge though. He had kissed her without Sesshomaru even close to his mind. He needed this…they needed this. How bad could one time of pleasure possibly be?
 
“It's not the reason,” he lied to her, reaching out to stroke her short locks. “I've wanted this for a long time, Lycani…I want us to be closer…Sesshomaru has nothing to do with this.” Why was he lying to her? Why was he setting her up for the inevitable hurt she was going to have to go through because of this?
 
Her eyes teared up as she leaned into his hand. “Promise me…promise that when we're kissing I'm the only one in your heart.” He smiled at her sadly, knowing that he could never make such a promise.
 
Instead he leaned down again, giving her a tender kiss. “I promise, Lycani, that no matter what happens, everything is going to be alright.” He stroked her face again, and this time she didn't push him away. No, she leaned her head up and connected their mouths in a firm kiss, and he hoped beyond hope that this time it would be a promise that he could keep.
,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.
 
 
A.N- HEY! Long time no see huh? I'm very very very sorry about that, but hey I gave you a long chapter! And yes after reading this most of you are probably screaming murder and wanting to kill me…but this IS a sess/inu story…and well this just makes it interesting no? Oh and well it wasn't between sess and inu…but the whole scene with Lycani was a little happy, wasn't it? Next chapter if I do say so myself makes me a little happy…cuz let's be honest…we all know how sess is going to react to this…me sees a lemon in the future…tune in for the next installment!
 
And thanks always to my beta Demitria Miriam!!!