InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Weeds ❯ Pennies ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 3: Pennies
 
It had been a couple of months since Kagome's new business started. She had been making a lot of money and could afford to keep her house running along with a few luxuries. It was great.
 
“The costumers are getting bored with the same old stuff,” Kagome said to Miroku.
 
“Here, take these recipes and just add the stuff in there. It'll be yummy. If you are going to eat it, make sure you don't put any pot in it at all,” Miroku said handing Kagome a piece of paper.
 
“Thanks Miroku,” Kagome smiled and left with the stuff she needed. She drove home and walked into Souta's room. She found him and Suki sitting on the bed, smoking pot.
 
“What the hell are you two doing?!” Kagome screamed.
 
Souta jumped up and hid the joint behind his back. “Why the hell are you smoking?! You came here to help me out and you're just making everything worse!” Kagome yelled.
 
“Sorry sis. I just…I can explain…” Souta stammered.
 
“I'm calling mom and the second she answers you're gone!” Kagome said and walked to her room. She grabbed the phone and dialed her mother's number.
 
The doorbell rang and she put down the phone. She ran downstairs to answer it. She opened the door and found the man she had met a couple months ago at Starbucks.
 
“Kagome Higurashi?” he asked.
 
“Yeah, you're Inuyasha right?” she asked.
 
“Yes I am. I'm sorry to barge in like this, but my dog jumped into your yard and I was wondering if I could go to your yard and get him back,” Inuyasha said. Kagome looked at the sliding door leading to the backyard and saw a dog sitting at the door.
 
Kagome laughed and let Inuyasha in. “Did you throw your dog over my fence just to talk to me?” she teased.
 
“You caught me,” he joked.
 
Shippo came running down the stairs and stopped when he saw Inuyasha. “Who are you?” he asked.
 
“I'm Inuyasha. Who are you?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“I'm Shippo! My uncle is a pothead!” Shippo smiled.
 
“Shippo! Don't say that!” Kagome scolded.
 
Inuyasha laughed and said, “Kids will be kids.”
 
Kagome opened the door and the dog ran to Inuyasha. “Awww he's adorable! What's his name?” Kagome asked petting the black dog.
 
“He doesn't have one,” Inuyasha admitted.
 
“Why not? Every dog needs a name,” Kagome said.
 
“Kouga?” Shippo suggested.
 
“I like that name. Where did you come up with that?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“That's my dead dad's name,” Shippo said petting the dog too.
 
“Well it's Inuyasha's dog so he should name it,” Kagome said.
 
“Kouga is a great name,” Inuyasha smiled.
 
Kagome smiled at him and said, “Thank you. This really means a lot to us.”
 
“Well you bring Kouga here a lot?” Shippo asked.
 
“That depends on your mother. Can I bring Kouga around here a couple times a week?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“Sure, if you have the time for it,” Kagome smiled.
 
“I have a very flexible job, so I'm sure I'll have time for it,” Inuyasha smirked.
 
“Well then it's settled. Kouga will become our new shared dog,” Kagome said and Shippo hugged Kouga.
 
………………………&# 8230;………………………… …………………………̷ 0;……………………
 
Inuyasha and Kagome sat in a restaurant having a classy dinner. Kagome had three glasses of wine and was feeling tipsy. “I think that's enough wine for you,” Inuyasha stated.
 
“Sorry, I didn't mean to get drunk on you. I've just been really stressed lately,” Kagome said and moved the wine away from her.
 
“I understand, just be glad that I'm driving tonight,” Inuyasha said.
 
“I am glad,” Kagome said reaching out and grabbing his hand.
 
“What do you do for a living Kagome?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“Let's try something different. Let's not ask each other the standard questions like that. Let's just have some fun,” Kagome smiled and leaned forward to kiss him.
 
Inuyasha leaned in and deepened the kiss slightly. He knew he shouldn't be doing this, but a kiss wouldn't hurt.
 
Kagome backed away and said, “I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. I'm not ready for this. My husband just died.”
 
“It's perfectly alright. I completely understand,” Inuyasha said rubbing the top of his hand with his thumb.
 
“Let's go for a walk, I really need it,” Kagome said. Inuyasha paid for the dinner and they went for a lap around the park.
 
“So how long were you and your husband married?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“Ten years. I got pregnant when I was 18 so we got hitched and raised Shippo,” Kagome said.
 
“Sounds like he really loved you,” Inuyasha stated.
 
“Tell me what happened between you and your ex-wife,” Kagome said as they sat on a park bench.
 
“Well her name was Kikyo. You look a lot like her, but her eyes were always so cold when yours show feelings. I guess she got bored or something because she decided it would be fun to sleep with other men. We had a divorce, but I lost the custody battle on my daughter. That's what hurt me the most. She took my daughter away from me,” Inuyasha sighed.
 
“I'm so sorry. That's not right,” Kagome said with tears in her eyes.
 
“Don't cry, I hate it when women cry,” Inuyasha said practically begging her not to cry.
 
“I'm sorry. Just hearing your story makes me thankful for what I have. Let's go get your daughter back,” Kagome said standing.
 
“What?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“Come on! We'll get a lawyer and show them that you can take care of your daughter! I could pretend to be your nanny or something,” Kagome smiled.
 
“I think we should get you home first,” Inuyasha said thinking she was obviously drunk.
 
They began to walk to Kagome's house in silence. It was a comfortable silence and they felt as if words would've gotten in the way at that moment.
 
They reached Kagome's house and Kagome saw her car in the driveway. Pennies covered the ground around her car and she looked up to see the paint job on her car all dented and scratched up.
 
“Oh come on! What the hell?! Pennies?!” Kagome screamed rubbing the scratches on her car.
 
“Well that's original,” Inuyasha said.
 
“I'm going to go inside and question my little brother, so I'll see you soon,” Kagome said.
 
“Yeah, soon,” Inuyasha stated.
 
Kagome leaned up and kissed his cheek. “Thanks for the wonderful night,” she smiled and walked into her house.
 
“Souta?!” Kagome called.
 
“Yeah,” he said from the kitchen.
 
“Do you know what happened to my car?” she asked.
 
“No, what happened to it?” he asked.
 
“Someone used pennies to scratch up the paint. Can you believe that?” Kagome asked.
 
“I had no idea,” he said.
 
“Then who did it?” she asked herself more than him.
 
………………………&# 8230;………………………… …………………………̷ 0;……………………
 
“Pennies?” Miroku asked.
 
“Pennies,” Kagome confirmed.
 
“Sounds like you made someone mad,” Sango said.
 
“No, I think it's just a prank by some neighborhood kids,” Kagome stated.
 
“That's out of hate. Someone is on to you Kags. Be careful,” Miroku said.
 
“Well thanks for the stuff. I'll see you guys later,” Kagome said.
 
Gunshots could be heard and a bullet shattered the window. Miroku and Sango dove down under the table and grabbed their own guns. Kagome was frozen in her spot. Miroku reached up and pulled her down. The gunshots stopped and Miroku and Sango stood up. Kagome couldn't believe that just happened.
 
“Shouldn't we call the cops or something?” Kagome asked.
 
“Those probably were the cops,” Miroku joked.
 
“You okay Kagome?” Sango asked.
 
Kagome had just realized that this job was more dangerous than she thought. She could get killed. Kagome left the house and went home. On the fountain in her front yard were pills of pennies. Her eyes widened and she looked around looking for someone. Another gunshot was heard and she hit the deck. An old truck was passing by and the muffler was popping.
 
She sighed in relief and ran inside her house. This wasn't happening. She had to stop soon…