InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What a Woman ❯ Leaving ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 3: Leaving.

(Sorry for those of you who misunderstood me but I KNOW that Sesshoumaru is stronger than Inuyasha. Sesshoumaru is the hottest, strongest, most sexy…*Dreamy look in eyes*Coughs* Ahem… Oh umm…like I was saying I know Sesshy is stronger and he is the BEST!!) (Oh yea. Whatever with the age. Listen I'm only human I make mistakes. We are going by demon age. In demon years she is now 16. Inuyasha is 17 and Sesshoumaru is 18.)

Chapter 3: Leaving

*6 Demon years later. Kagome is 16 demon *

Normal POV

Kagome looked longingly to the surroundings of the western lands from her balcony. She had loved it here but something was missing, a part of her heart wasn't where it was supposed to be. As the sunset the winds picked up and treaded gently through her silky locks. The wind caressed her skin tenderly. So engrossed in her thoughts she didn't notice Inutaisho until he was in the room.

"Good evening Kagome."

Lord Inutaisho smiled adoringly at her over the years her had come to protect her, and care for her as one of his own.

"Good evening my lord."

She smiled softly then heaved a soft smile. Inutaisho watched her for a moment as she watched the night.

"What bothers you little one?"

She shook her head.

"It calls me. The wind calls for revenge and the night points the way. I need this…I need the wild, to be set free."

Inutaisho POV

I watched her carefully as she told me what was the matter and sighed to myself. It was time to let her go, time for Kagome to be on her own and get her revenge. Many years ago she had told me why she had been alone when I found her and from what she says her blood calls for it. The natural elements call for it. What is she really? Why has she not unlocked her full potential of power? It is always at her fingertips and then gone. I sigh again. I must let her go.

Kag POV

What is this yearning I feel? What was this pull at my body and mind telling me to seek out revenge? Naraku. I snarled at the name. The bastard would pay! He would suffer by my hand alone! I felt a warm glow at her right side because of my heightened emotions.

Normal POV

She didn't notice the sudden pink glow that surrounded her body. Nor did she see sense the enormous power flowing from her body. Inutaisho gave a sad smile. It was time for her to go and there was no way to stop it. He put a comforting hand to her shoulder and spoke softly to her.

"Kagome, little one. I know you have sensed it and now I realize it myself…"

He paused and looked out on to his lands. Then turned his warm golden gaze back to her.

"It is time for you to go."

Kagome was shocked. She didn't want to go but as the words tumbled about in her head, she realized. It was true. She did need to leave; her body almost lusted for it. Kagome gave him an adoring smile.

"Very well my lord. I understand and thank you for all that you have done for me."

He again smiled and nodded.

"Good then you shall leave tomorrow."

Inutaisho chuckled.

"I fear the boys will not take this well. I think they have become attached."

Then a knowing smirk formed his lips.

"As you have grown attached to my eldest."

Kagome looked like a caught deer as a pink tint stole her cheeks and she stuttered.

"M-my lord. I don't know what you speak of."

Inutaisho chuckled.

"I'm sure you do my dear."

Her blush deepened and he continued to chuckle. Then he embraced her fatherly.

"I shall miss you little one. You will always have a home here and are always under my protection. Come and visit when you are not in battle."

Kagome gave a dazzling smile and squeezed him reassuringly.

"I will my lord. Thank you again."

He released her.

"Be ready to leave when you feel it is necessary tomorrow. Sleep well little one."

He turned and left without another word. Though he did not show it, Kagome could feel the sorrow as it seemed to poor from his body and her whispered words would echo in his ears for as long as she was not with him.

"I will miss you too…Inutaisho. You were like a father."

Kagome left without delay, though her heart was heavy and mournful. She whispered to the castle as she raced off.

"I love you Sesshoumaru."

Then she disappeared into the darkness. The next morning Lord Inutaisho told his sons of her having left on his command. Sesshoumaru looked unchanged but his emotion flared with his father's every word.

`No, this can't be happening! She couldn't have left! I never even told her…I never got to tell her I loved her.'

Inuyasha grinned as he listened to their father.

`Yay!! The little trouble making bitch is gone!! Now, I won't get my ass beat by Sesshoumaru and the little wench! And on top of that maybe Sesshoumaru will be unhappy and miserable.'

Inuyasha looked at Sesshoumaru's emotionless face and began to pout.

`Damn my luck, no emotion!'

Inutaisho looked at his sons and noted their reactions.

`I will miss her as well but she'll be back.'