InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What Are You? ❯ Chapter Fifteen: Naraku's End ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Fifteen
Naraku's End
 
Naraku looked up at me, his ruby eyes having an alien trait to them. It was fear. He also had a strong desire to live. Was that the human side of him that strove for life? Why? Naraku was such a sadistic, selfish bastard. What did he really have here that was worth staying for? He was better off in hell. The thought, though, raised questions for myself. Why was I here? What did I have worth living for? Conquest, victory, honor, to accomplish my goals. An image of Rin passed briefly through my mind's eye. “It doesn't have to be this way,” he insisted. I raised an eyebrow. “Wait! What is it you want? I'll give it to you.”
I sighed. “I desire your death.” His eyes widened. I slammed Tokijin through his face, and his body shattered, thus the less than noble death of Naraku. All of this fuss, all this time that demons and humans and those in between had sought to kill this half-demon… And I had ended it all with one single blow. The slightest thing can forever change the world, couldn't it? One life, one movement, one decision… It really could change everything, couldn't it? It could alter lives, end lives, create new lives, and… Change the world. With every breath any living creature draws… It's affecting the world, changing it—for better, or worse.
What was my affect on the world?
I couldn't answer that. But, sometimes, one is simply too close to the puzzle to see the correct answer, and some were too far. Someone else might be able to tell me—someone who was at that perfect distance-- but I would probably never see the answer to that question myself. It may have bother most people that they could not tell if what they were doing was good or evil, but it did not bother me. I wasn't evil, per se. But one could not call me a good person either. I am a demon, after all. Even so, though, if my actions alone were what really counted…
I was selfish, egotistical, and a bitch, with few truly redeeming qualities. But had I ever committed truly evil deeds? Of course not. Hmm. Maybe I wasn't too close, after all. I was also thinking too deeply about it. It seemed all I ever did was think and reflect on useless things any more. It was probably partly do to my very nature to want to understand, to know. But, to discover myself? It was the first time, to be honest… That I had ever had a desire to learn about myself. There was still a lot to know about myself, I realized. And I had my immortal life to learn all about me.
Rin doesn't. I pushed that aside. Rin was just a human. A human's life was fleeting, like the beating of a butterfly's wings. That was what made humans so interesting. Demons cared little for life because they had so much of it. Humans valued it because they had so little. Interesting concept.
I turned to leave, but something caught my eye. It sparkled amidst the dust and earth, calling to me, seeking my attention. The Shikon no Tama. I started to leave again, not caring for it.
My thighs ached from the night before. It had been good, but I still wondered what it would be like if I were a man. I thought… That would be better. I really did hate my body.
Then I stopped in my tracks as a thought occurred to me. It will grant a wish, won't it? Any wish at all?
I lifted the jewel from the ground and wiped the dirt off with my thumb. Any wish at all?
I turned, and looked up at the twilight sky. What, above anything else in the entire world, in the entire plane of existence, did I truly desire?
 
*****
Author's Note:
I'm considering the following:
Sesshomaru makes Rin immortal, as seeing her grow old and die is too sad.
Sesshomaru gets to be a guy!
Sesshomaru discovers she's pregnant and one of the above two things happens later.
Odds are, it'll be C, but I can't decide between A and B. I think, B is more likely, but what's your opinion?